SRK Nostalgia

Comments

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,611
    It's pretty sad that a screenshot of SRK from 9-10 years ago looks so much better than current SRK. This place looks like shit since getting Vanilla forums.
    Runs like shit now to.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Smoothjazz101Smoothjazz101 Joined: Posts: 1,480
    J.D wrote: »
    Of course the new school kids can't appreciate reminiscing about the old school SRK.
    They never experienced GD in those days where circle jerk threads were non existent, and mods almost never got involved.
    You guys are lucky that Valaris and the others ones are constantly looking out for you babies.
    What, if Valaris isn't here we're gonna get beaten up behind the bleachers, on the internet?
    Almost all top players were in SRK at the time, and the popoffs were actually real (concluding in a grudge match at a tournament).
    Now they're almost nowhere to be seen cause 09ers are too whiny, and their feelings get hurt too easily.

Oh well, times change....

Lol most GD users don't seem to even play any more
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    edited November 2013
    sh0ultz wrote: »
    old srk was better imo. More top players used to post and the levels of discussion were much better and deeper. Pretty much since the sf4 era, 09ers, this site has become way more casual.

Yup. SRk seems to mirror the WWE. We're in PG era now, back then was the SRK attitude era...

EDIT: here's the post I was talking about in my 1st post:
    forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8510198/#Comment_8510198

Double EDIT: why hasn't info on old school SF been stickied yet or voted for "best of"
  • TrunksSS3TrunksSS3 S3ntinel DestroysALL Joined: Posts: 312
    Last Post: 06-21-2004 02:06 PM
    by RandomNigga

SRK. It never changes.

Ohhh yes it has.

Member of -=Team Decepticons=-

PSN Gamertag - S3ntinel2001
    XBL MvC2 Gamertag - Potter2010
    U think you can stop me?..... just try to!
  • RamrodRamrod P.G. Joined: Posts: 406
    huh, forgot all about fatherbrain...whatever happened to that kid
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My favorite times of past SRK were the posts of Rsigley and Cisco.
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,885 mod
    just post nostalgia in the lounge. its not like theres new nostalgia to update the old nostalgia threads on.
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • BEWDBEWD 鬼の顔 Joined: Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Also want to say that people being able to buy join dates is just silly. But $$$ talks
    世界最強の生物
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,885 mod
    is buying join dates still allowed??
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
    ^Not sure if its still allowed, but considering all the trolls that have really old troll dates and very few posts, if it was stopped it was only recently.
    世界最強の生物
  • Buster WolfBuster Wolf Are you okay? Joined: Posts: 738
    BEWD wrote: »
    Also want to say that people being able to buy join dates is just silly. But $$$ talks

Wait, people here have actually done that?

^Yep, and I'm sure some of the posters in this thread have too. Again, one of the stupidest things I have ever heard of but to each their own.
    世界最強の生物
    I can see it if you forget your log in or your account gets purged or some shit but faking like you were here if you weren't is so fucking lame it's hilarious.
  • Akazukin ChaChaAkazukin ChaCha Rumble in the Tundra 7 Joined: Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Trust me, SRK back then was just as bad or worse than it is now. Same elitism, same random scrubs (except they weren't online scrubs, just anime con scrubs etc.), same pointless self-appreciation threads and the same 4 questions being asked over and over.

There is a reason I only have a handful of posts outside of my local matchfinder since those early days...

/back to looking at current thread titles and sighing.
    Rumble in the Tundra 7- coming soon!
    Buffalo FGC- meeting every Weds 7pm-12am and Saturday 12pm-whenever @ http://gameonwny.com/
    Dreize wrote: »

Yeah, people on here do that. The poor commoners who can't afford such luxuries have to find other "ghetto" ways of "changing" their join date.

whxjzq.jpg

Look at this post, genius.
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    old srk was better imo. More top players used to post and the levels of discussion were much better and deeper. Pretty much since the sf4 era, 09ers, this site has become way more casual.
    @sh0ultz

SRK right now is worse than GameFAQs back in the day cause back then at least Potter, Bill, Taiji, you, etc would post there.

SRK can't have normal discussion, remember when we (and SpiderDan) tried to explain why certain things were a terrible idea for MvC3 and we both got banned for it because of casuals trolling? It was worth it though since Capcom partially listened and MvC3 wasn't a complete failure as it was originally going to be.
  • Okazaki IIIOkazaki III PARRY THAT SHIT SON Joined: Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think your opinions are probably more valid than any else due to the fact been on the forum for ages
    13 years. Maybe I should posted this in the 13 year thread...
  • sh0ultzsh0ultz Joined: Posts: 674 mod
    ElderGOD wrote: »
    @sh0ultz

SRK right now is worse than GameFAQs back in the day cause back then at least Potter, Bill, Taiji, you, etc would post there.

SRK can't have normal discussion, remember when we (and SpiderDan) tried to explain why certain things were a terrible idea for MvC3 and we both got banned for it because of casuals trolling? It was worth it though since Capcom partially listened and MvC3 wasn't a complete failure as it was originally going to be.

yea...the mvc3 forum is still that bad apparently.

it sucks that as popular as this site is and how many FGC players it reaches, the only thing its good for is more ad space...can't have enough ad space

there aren't that many good discussions about the FGC on this website anymore and that wasn't really the case back in the day and if you do try to talk about something, its bombarded with morons trying to tell you whats good when they don't know themselves.

• RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,703
    edited November 2013
    ElderGOD wrote: »

Wooow that sounds terrible
    Rick Ross wrote: »
    BBQ wrote: »
    LOL, paying money to pretend you are an internet O.G.? So sad yet funny.
    I would pay money to have my sign up date changed to 1993. Make it seem like this place was on that Newsgroup shit in the day.

Ummm, it pretty much was with alt.games.sf2:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.games.sf2/juergdogg/alt.games.sf2/KnHAQCCVxHE/sRY7V567f_4J
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,303 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Yeah, people on here do that. The poor commoners who can't afford such luxuries have to find other "ghetto" ways of "changing" their join date.

whxjzq.jpg

SRK has been around since 2000, dummy.
    TS wrote: »

whxjzq.jpg

SRK has been around since 2000, dummy.

no kidding? I was talking about how most people migrated from alt.games.sf2 to SRK. Also, it seems that people don't believe that i joined SRK in October 2001...
    alt.games.sf2 was before my time. I was really young when I joined SRK. IIRC, Deathscythe and I were among the youngest of the group back then. I migrated here from Fighters.net with the others after that first time it went down. Ah, I can still feel the uninhibited retard fury and unbridled negro rage us FNET folks caught when first coming here, heh.

Props to anyone who catches that.
    Whatever happened to Deathscythe? I remember he had a name change to DS but it went quiet after that.
    Whatever happened to Apoc?
    Whatever happened to Deathscythe? I remember he had a name change to DS but it went quiet after that.

I talked to him on aim a couple months ago. So he's still around and doing good. Just busy with other things from what I remember him saying.

ps Jion is legit 2001. I remember him posting in the XBL live threads in those days and noticed his join date. What happened to your account?
    Somehow when SRk moved to Vanilla Forums my account got deleted or lost... My account turned into "Unknown User" account...
  • BTierBisonBTierBison I am Lord Shiva. Joined: Posts: 918
    Stop living in the past and live in the now to create your future that you desire.
    My PSN is VictorX1. https://www.facebook.com/Trimurti66X1 My theme song: https://youtube.com/watch?v=qFPVWv7X0c4 "To be a good fighter, you must be dangerous, fearless, deadly, unrelenting, threatening, and unpredictable. In essence, be like water, my friend" Bruce Lee. The 4 Cardinal Virtues: Prudence, Justice, Fortitude, and Temperance. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=755532914476914&set=vb.100000606370404&type=2&theater
    Yeah those XBL days with CVS2 was the shit!
  • _Exiled__Exiled_ Joined: Posts: 1,249
    You know what would even be better though??? If all the people that used to post on here that were friends that don't post anymore or people you made friends in the arcades that don't come anymore all came back so it would be one big reunion!!! Ahhh that would be great
    Going back to the classics....
    -Pointless forum OLDIES (summer 2004-spring 2005)
    -Fighting game era OLDIES (fall 2000-spring 2007)
    -Wrestlers OLDIES (attitude era 1999/wcw 1999)
    -Davey Havok // Tom Morello // Flea // Travis Barker

I <3 you all!!!
  • nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,501
    two of these i miss the old srk threads on the front page? no bueno