SRK Nostalgia

Comments

• jasonCjasonC Fish Bar Zombie Joined: Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    omfg please ban ahvbx3 that shit is broken god tier...and ban iceman too plxthx
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,006 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Haha I remember all those "Iceman is top tier!" arguments. The guy was okay but he had NO options when playing top tiers. Even against Cable the motherfucker may not take chip damage but if he does any move he'd eat that AHVB with the quickness.
    This is offensive.
  • vansaykeovansaykeo Joined: Posts: 264
    SRK need to bring back those green and red reputation bars under ppl avatar.

I remember older ppl use to abuse that feature on new members, thread they didn't like, and just neg people for the fun of it.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,420
    vansaykeo wrote: »
    SRK need to bring back those green and red reputation bars under ppl avatar.

I remember older ppl use to abuse that feature on new members, thread they didn't like, and just neg people for the fun of it.

Hey some people love team red! Its funny running into people in tournaments & they talk about how they neg repping me. Some people even went to the premium thread & form a group to neg bomb me weekly.
  • MatriarchMatriarch Lilim Joined: Posts: 2,814
    You guys have all been here for so long.

I find it funny in my relatively short time here I've impacted these forums far more than most of you ever have or ever will.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,420
    I remember calling Zulu gay & turned out he really was gay...That didn't go to well with SRK GD.
  • BoelBoel all this post up in your butt Joined: Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • _Exiled__Exiled_ Joined: Posts: 1,249
    I miss arcade infinity of fall 2006
    Going back to the classics....
    -Pointless forum OLDIES (summer 2004-spring 2005)
    -Fighting game era OLDIES (fall 2000-spring 2007)
    -Wrestlers OLDIES (attitude era 1999/wcw 1999)
    -Davey Havok // Tom Morello // Flea // Travis Barker

I <3 you all!!!
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I miss the character battles, before they got overly complicated. Who was the last reigning Prince Of Masturbation?
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
  • ZuluZulu Mighty Mighty Joined: Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I miss when Evo was at Cal Poly Pomona.

Also, this video:

All seeing. All knowing. All that.
    I miss beating monkeyface

I <3 you all!!!
    I miss having to go to Tagmonkey to get avatars.
    I miss sogeking

I <3 you all!!!
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,053 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lol just to whore myself out for the hell if out will give a like to the person who can remember what section I used to mod and the nickname given to me and another mod in that section.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    I miss venom the phenom

I <3 you all!!!
    Where the hell is Somersault Justin (Denthead)? Dude was cool.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,148
    SRK reunions and/or yearbooks...
    Bringing back the nostalgia...
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2016
    I remember posting on shinakuma.com. That was back when we had the apex rankings. I was at work reading threads and someone posted a link to srk and I've been coming here ever since.

I always thought that one dudes how to pick up Asian girls 101 thread was funny.
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    edited September 2016
    I remember a user... was it S? Who had full neg rep red bar and his title was "FEED ME DAT NEG REP."

Found that shit hilarious as fuck with his av. Good times.
  • D-ForceD-Force Blame your fate. Joined: Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lantis wrote: »
    drizzt360 wrote: »
    I remember posting on shinakuma.com.

Speaking of who, anybody remember the user Shin Akuma? Portugese player with some wack ass combo videos (I believe it featured some classics like JUMP RH INTO LOW RH SWEEP OMG TEH MIXUPS!!1!)? Not only that, the guy had some pretty laughable trains of thought. He said once that CvS 2 Sakura sucked because her uppercut "wasn't good anti-air" and that he could body anybody in A2....using Shin Akuma.

incredulous.gif

I remember that guy. He also did combo videos using boss characters, IIRC.

Anywho, one of the moments I remember in my time here is when someone made a Beyblade thread and nearly all of GD clowned him.
    WARNING:
    THIS IS NOT SIMULATION. GET READY
    TO DESTOROY THE ENEMY. TARGET FOR
    THE WEAK POINTS OF F@#KIN' MACHINE.
    DO YOUR BEST YOU HAVE EVER DONE.
    ps Jion is legit 2001. I remember him posting in the XBL live threads in those days and noticed his join date. What happened to your account?

XBOX ONE should rerelease the 2003 CVS2 XBL version
  • Dios <-X->Dios <-X-> Game Over Joined: Posts: 6,732 mod
    Bring back Bloody Youkai
    [Originally posted by OrangeCat
    I have a sort of dilmma at this point of time.
    Right now, one of my best friends is fat. Not cute fat but he borders on being pig fat. He doesn't waddle, but he has the formings of fat tits forming.

Originally posted by MrWizard
    The site was down due to the forum being too big.

Ken Is So Top Tier. Just imagine Ken, with the Ben Stein Assist!!!
    Here is what would happen to any contestant that challenges. Low Short, Low Short, Call Ben Stein, Launch into Air Combo, End it with the special move, Trivial PUNCH, (roundhouse version) Super cancel into (FINAL JEOPARDYYYY!!!!!!) Thats already like 70% not to mention you can DHC into Alex Treebek's DAILY DOUBLE DEVASTATION Super. The Insanity!!!
    Without roll cancel, it's not really cvs2.
    This is offensive.
    It's still better than any fighting game that's out now.
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
    The problem is that it isn't the original game. I'm a stickler to how games were originally designed and left alone. The reason I hated the updated CvS2 was because they changed a pretty damn important exploit still used at CvS2 tournaments to this day. Yeah, I'll still get a W with A-groove Blanka, but now I can't just throw willy-nilly Blanka balls that go through fireballs.
    This is offensive.
  • ManxManx Something is wrong... Joined: Posts: 22,400 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They did the same thing to unblockables in Third Strike.
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
    XBOX CVS2 has the Third Strike specials into super cancel for P-Groove though...
    P groove still sucked.
    This is offensive.
    K-groove Team Athena ftw!
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

N-Groove Rugal where you can cancel a level 3 into a level 1. Not really but his level 1 genocide cutter does juggle after a level 3 god press
  • RanmaRanma Boy-Type™ Joined: Posts: 141 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dios <-X-> wrote: »
    Bring back Bloody Youkai

lol, Bloofy. I wonder what that guy is up to nowadays.

I'd love to see those photoshopped pics of him again from the last time he was hanging around SRK. Them shits were hilarious.

Sharp like an edge of a samurai sword,
    the mental blade cut through flesh and bone,
    though my mind's at peace, the world out of order,
    missin' the inner heat, life gets colder.
    Nice
    Yup
  • EinlanzerEinlanzer never feeling good Joined: Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Einlanzer wrote: »
    rsigley, plz come back.

quoted myself for emphasis.
    "I dont always play fighting games,
    But when I do, I lose to II PiGG II "
  • R.P.D rookieR.P.D rookie Totally Destructed Joined: Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "Girlfriend is preg what do I do?" I'll never forget that thread title or the many pages of hilarity that ensued when the thread starter said he wanted to pay for an abortion but that would leave him no money to go to EVO and he was bummed out. People were so mad. I find myself just randomly saying that thread title some days when I am unsure about a choice. Aegis reflector at the bottom of stairs....I THINK that was made up by S.AM who hasn't posted on here in at least a decade. Bloody Youkai for sure and Red Queen. Everyone hated these two but when they were gone everyone wanted them back so bad.

Too many good times to mention from back then.
    "Come up in that fucken cornfield!!" --Rocky L Rose