Cammy(need help)

Comments

• ThisGuileKillYaThisGuileKillYa SSS++++ tier at exaggeration Joined: Posts: 2,627
    Mr. Chen, did you ever figure out if the throw off the hooligan roll needs to be done at neutral or if holding back works? Earlier in this thread there seemed to be a little confusion about that. I've finally gotten to the point where I can execute the hooligan roll (even out of thin air! YES!!) but I'm constantly missing the throw! Do I want to be right over them, slightly behind them, overlapping them, etc? I'm still pretty new to the able-to-actually-hooligan-when-I-feel-like-it club, and that's got me grinning from ear to ear, but eventually I'm gonna have to start throwing them too hehe.

I'll have to work on the crossup and doing it slightly early, but doesn't that seem like a throw waiting to happen? I guess I can go for throw too and cross(up) my fingers on the coin flip, but damn ST.. I get thrown when I land from crossups so often lol When you try implementing the crossup into your game, definitely let us peons in the thread know how it goes for you!

Oh yeah, what are some good uses/setups/combo-normals for super!?!? It has to be good for more than just chip damage and flinch punishment as I've been using it. <listens close>

Thanks again for all the help!
    USF4: Still soul searching. Thus far... Yun, Chun, and Akuma.
    UMvC3 mains: Morrigan Doom Vergil, Magneto Doom Ammy, Morrigan Doom Magneto
    UMvC3 fer funsies: Dante Vergil-or-Dorm Magneto, Wesker Sent Hawkeye, Dante-or-Magneto Doom Vergil, Wolvie Doom-or-Sent Akuma, Nova Doom Ammy, Magneto Doom-or-Sent Dante, Wesker Dorm Magneto, Dante Strange Magneto
    MvC3: Dante Magneto Sentinel
    MvC2: Spiral Cable Sentinel ST: Chunny Bunny. 3S: Akuma, Ryu, Dudley. Vampire: Fish, BBHood
    UMK3: Kabal, H.Smoke, Jax, almost everyone. Chess: 1. c4
  • jchensorjchensor Salty Chen Joined: Posts: 1,934 admin
    I think I almost always hold Back or Forward when I throw with the Hooligan... I'm pretty sure it's Back. I know 100% I'm not in Neutral when I try to throw. To be honest, I've never found it a concern on the throw. If you are having trouble throwing people, you might just be too far away. Most of the time I do it, it's never really a question. I do the Fierce Hooligan Roll, spam Fierce, and I throw them. lol! I hate saying it that way, but really, I almost never try to time it unless I'm far away. The only time you really need to time it is if you do the Strong or Jab one, and as I said earlier, I use the Fierce Hooligan Roll 98% of the time.

And yes, Cross-up Short too high is throw bait. Most of the enemies, you can land with a Cannon Spike and be safe and beat their throws. ^_^ But the real answer is that, well, just learn the timing right and it should combo most of the itme you do it. Stand Close-Up Strong might be the easiest to Combo since it hits so fast and can be Linked into other things. And once you get good enough at it, even if you succeed only 75% of the time, it's enough so the opponent won't be trying to throw you every single time.

As for Cammy's Super, I will admit that 80% of the time I use it, it's to chip damage someone to death. ^_^ Because Cammy gains meter slower than any other character in the game (absolutely ZERO free Special move whiffs to gain Meter). So by the time I get it, my opponent is usually mostly dead and chip damage is all that is left. Also, using it for going through fireballs is obvious.

It's a real pain to Combo into the Super, as well. The best Combo is Crouch Strong, Crouch Forward, Super. But it's so easy to fuck that Combo up becuase Crouch Forward buffers into Cannon Drill, or doesn't come out (you super instead), etc. Practice enough and it'll get simpler, but you won't find tooooo many chances to use it. You can also combo Crouch Jab x 2 or 3, Stand Far Jab into Super and that Combos. It's much easier and you can react to the opponent getting hit well, but her Stand Jab goes OVER a lot of crouching people. It's really good for after Cross-ups, since they will be standing up when you hit them most of the time. And Crouch Jab is fast, so it's easier to Combo after Cross-up Short than other moves.

But to be honest, in all the games I've played with Cammy (and that's a whole hell of a lot), I have never landed that Combo in a match-up. EVER. No lie. Too many factors going against it:

1) I never did Cross-ups. ^_^
    2) By the time I have enough meter to try the Combo, they die after like 3 Jabs anyway.
    3) Landing a Cross-Up with Cammy can be tough.
    4) Comboing Cross-up Short into Crouch Jab can be tricky.
    5) The Combo is actually kinda tough to do.
    6) I don't rely on it, so I almost never try it.

So sadly, my Super use for Cammy usually falls into the punish whiffed moves, chip damage to death, or go through Fireball variety.

- James
    http://jchensor.blogspot.com

"We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing." -- Doyle Brunson

"Every time you win, it diminishes the fear a little bit. You never really cancel the fear of losing; you keep challenging it." -- Arthur Ashe

(AV art obtained from here: http://meatbun.us/blog/?p=162)
  • fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    For the record, Gian DID beat my Cammy. I actually beat his Ryu first, then he switched to Dhalsim and I believed I had that match in the bag. But he surprised me with a lot of things I didn't know about before, so he actually beat me with his Dhalsim. I was sad, but am glad enough to hear him praise my Cammy. ^_^

I think you still should give yourself more credit. Gian has one of the best Dhalsims in the world...:wgrin:

Anyway, I think you should konw that many of us in the ST community thought is was REALLY cool you pushed that match the way you did.

Major props! :tup:
    Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
    Wow, thanks. I didn't know anyone in the community even knew about that fight. ^_^ I appreciate the encouragement. If I meet up with Gian again in any tournament, hopefully I'll give him more stuff to talk about in interviews. lol!

- James

"We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing." -- Doyle Brunson

"Every time you win, it diminishes the fear a little bit. You never really cancel the fear of losing; you keep challenging it." -- Arthur Ashe

• Onslaught2000Onslaught2000 WHEN'S MAHVEL.........2?! Joined: Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My main Meaty Attacks are Crouching Strong, Standing Close-up Strong, and close Stand Fierce (Meaty Stand Fierce canceled into Hooligan Throw is hella fast, and also links into Crouch Forward, giving Cammy some more options). I've never used Jump attacks as a Meaty attack before. Mike Creque (awesome Cammy player as well) actually uses the cross-up Short, which is REALLY good. I've just never added it to my game. And that Japanese player seems to use Jumping Jab and Short as Meaty Jump attacks, allowing for easier tick Throws afterwards. I can't really comment much on the Jumping Meaties, 'cause I've never used those (the stuff Nakamura was doing was new to me as well), but I'm definitely gonna start trying to use it and see how it pans out. ^_^

Definitely good to keep a variety going, though. I used to use the same Meaty 100% of the time (Crouch Strong, 'cause Crouch Strong into Crouch Forward into Roundhouse Cannon Drill = dead for most opponents), but once they see it too much, it's too easy for them to remain calm. Gotta keep them guessing.

- James

Awesome, yeah, I try to normally try to use a mix up flow to my game which is why I like to use jumping short as a cross up meaty, since if an opponent is knocked down, cross up short into close standing fierce xx roundhouse Cannon Drill will dizzy an opponent.

But good to know that close standing strong is indeed a good meaty tool. I did'nt think of close standing fierce xx hooligan combination and I'll have to start using that stuff. Thanks! :tup:
  • ThisGuileKillYaThisGuileKillYa SSS++++ tier at exaggeration Joined: Posts: 2,627
    Hmm, more hooligan issues. Ive been landing the throw far more often in game play, but i just tried to hit it vs a dummy and i literally couldnt land it once. Does this make sense? Do they have to be blocking? crouching? moving? Or did I just fuck up 20x in a row? Just when i thought I had it all figured out, I'm an idiot lol

ok, i just tried it a few more times beforeposting this.. and i CAN NOT GRAB A DUMMY. why is this??
    UMvC3 fer funsies: Dante Vergil-or-Dorm Magneto, Wesker Sent Hawkeye, Dante-or-Magneto Doom Vergil, Wolvie Doom-or-Sent Akuma, Nova Doom Ammy, Magneto Doom-or-Sent Dante, Wesker Dorm Magneto, Dante Strange Magneto
    MvC2: Spiral Cable Sentinel ST: Chunny Bunny. 3S: Akuma, Ryu, Dudley. Vampire: Fish, BBHood
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    ok, i just tried it a few more times beforeposting this.. and i CAN NOT GRAB A DUMMY. why is this??
    I'm assuming you mean you can execute the input the roll itself, just you don't understand how to do the grabbing part. Right? If so...

After rolling, to do the Hooligan Throw, make sure you're doing 3 things:
    1. Trying to throw with kick, not punch.
    2. Holding back (or upback or downback) or forward (or upforward or downforward)
    3. Pressing kick during the second half of the roll. During the first half of Cammy's roll, no inputs are registered. Cammy can't throw until she's at least at the apex of her jump.

Does that help? I think #3 is the most confusing part and the part I didn't fully understand for quite a while. Oh, and it doesn't matter of the opponent is moving, blocking, or anything like that.

I'll update the wiki if I think something can be more clearly-worded.
    yeah it was definitely part 3 i was doing wrong. <embarrassed>

thanks!
    Haha. yeah, that's why I mash, sometimes, when I go for the Throw with the Fierce Hooligan Roll (I'm such a scrub). I know there really isn't a possibility to press the button too early to whiff the Throw. The first opportunity to throw will result in a Throw.

- James

Ideas of Pokings

:d:+:mk:
    :d:+:lk:
    stand :hp:
    stand :hk:

anti airs
    Cannon Spike is one of the decents anti airs in the game,but :d:+:hp: is another option of anti air.
    Standing Hard Kick (Roundhouse) is an awful, awful poke in this game. It's nothing like its CvS2 counter part (CvS2, her hand on the ground plants in front of her feet, giving her great distance and range. In ST, her hand plants at the BACK of her feet, giving her no distance). Crouch Forward, Stand Far Forward, Stand Far Strong, and occassional Stand Fierces are Cammy's best pokes. Properly distanced Cannon Drills are also good as well.

- James

• NastrodamusNastrodamus Akihiko of House Frey! Joined: Posts: 1,462
    okay so there is no like qcf motion or anything to get the throw out? lol i've been doing that...lol

thanks for the info.. you guys are great help..:wgrin: now to get on with tourneys:sweat:
    "If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor." - Soldier from Team Fortress 2
  • Warrior's DreamsWarrior's Dreams 梅原 > Wong Joined: Posts: 1,292
    Im happy that this thread exists because there really doesnt seem to be a wealth of info about playing as cammy (save watching nakamura videos).

Any good links to Cammy vids anyone?
    You shouldn't care about the division between ST and HDR, but rather the message you are sending to tournament organizers if you stop supporting the classic style of Street Fighter II.

Mike Watson's Super Turbo Revival Sunday's Stream every Sunday! Look up "IEBattleGrounds" on twitch tv's website.
    Here is the latest stream:
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    New Cammy media:

http://starcup.news-site.net/mov/movmenu003.htm

nsc07chubu-a-1-1.zip - Kunihata (Hawk, O.Hawk x2) vs. Sawada (Cammy x3)

nsc07chubu-c-1-3.zip - Saitou (Sagat x2, Ken) vs. Tasaka (Cammy x3)

Put your mouse over the blue icon and look for the above mentioned files. (it should be the 1st and the 5th ones)

Nice to see that Cammy is getting some usage! The only Cammy player I know of is Nakamura and one other one that escapes me at this time. Good usage of Cannon ticks, jump-in combos and the occasional Hooligan to throw off a person.
    You shouldn't care about the division between ST and HDR, but rather the message you are sending to tournament organizers if you stop supporting the classic style of Street Fighter II.

Mike Watson's Super Turbo Revival Sunday's Stream every Sunday! Look up "IEBattleGrounds" on twitch tv's website.
    Learning how to Hooligan from nowhere is level 3 Hooligan skills, and sadly I consider a pretty advanced thing to learn. ^_^ Start by taking it one level at a time.

Level 1: Learning to Buffer into Hooligan - A good tactic, learn how to do Crouching Forward into Hooligan. Most players get eaten up by this at intermediate levels. But it gets you to learn how to make sure you are holding U/F when you tap Punch for the Hooligan Roll. Next level is to get good at Standing Fierce into Hooligan, a really good tactic.

How do you buffer Crouching Forward into Hooligan? Like b, b/d, d+Cr.FK then the rest of the Hooligan motion + punch?
    How do you buffer Crouching Forward into Hooligan? Like b, b/d, d+Cr.FK then the rest of the Hooligan motion + punch?

I tried it in practice mode. Seemed to work. Havent tried it in real play though

Actually, Cammy's Hooligan Roll can be started from Defensive crouch, which makes Crouch Forward into Hooligan Roll much easier than doing Fei Longs (which has to be started from Back). So just hold D/B and hit Forward and quickly input the code. Should be just like Buffering Low Forward into Fireball.

- James

• Professor JonesProfessor Jones Joined: Posts: 213
    One combo I like to use with Cammy is meaty cr. forward, cr. forward xx cannon drill (qcf k). But sometimes that combo doesn't work : the opponent can block the cannon drill. Any ideas on why this happens ?

If any of you guys has good ideas of meaty combos with Cammy please let me know.
    Best Meaty Attack is Meaty Crouching Strong. It sticks out long, is easy to time as a Meaty, and links into Crouching Forward even if it ISN'T a Meaty, so the timing is very forgiving. And MEaty Crouching Strong into Crouching Forward into Roundhouse Cannon Drill always combos.

It also has the added benefit of hitting Dhalsim low. Dhalsim HAS to crouch to block Cammy's Crouching Strong. It's weird. That may happen with other characters, but Dhalsim is the only one I know for sure has to crouch low.

- James

• fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853

It also has the added benefit of hitting Dhalsim low. Dhalsim HAS to crouch to block Cammy's Crouching Strong. It's weird. That may happen with other characters, but Dhalsim is the only one I know for sure has to crouch low.

Shhhh! Keep that on the DL brotha! We Sim players want all cammy players to forget the STRONG button ever existed...LOL .. J/k

Actually I never new that.. But that make some sense, thinking back to many of my Sim v. Cammy matches.
    Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
    Wow, thanks for all the information, Chen. You actually made me interested in playing Cammy. I usually like to pick low-tier and/or under-appreciated characters, anyways.

Great thread!
    c.MP -> c. MK -> Cannon Drill

Im having trouble getting c.MP -> c. MK -> Cannon Drill to work. Mainly, I have trouble with c. MP -> c. MK. I can can connect c. MP -> c. MK, but it doesnt seem to link very easily and feels almost "unnatural." I have to hit MK a dozen times right after I hit MP, and this messes with the 2 in 1 timing I need to cancel the MK into the Drill.
    I'm guessing the c. MP -> c. MK is a strict timing issue where you have to know the right frame of animation to hit MK on, but I need help with this or else I wont be able to take advantage of opponent's mistakes and score a big chunk of life with this combo. How do you guys execute this?

Ok, so I practiced the combo. The timing is still a bit weird, but I'm making progress with it, albeit slowly. Progress is still progress though. But, with progress, comes new issues. This time in the form of Guile.

This matchup is ridiculous. He can stay in DB and keep me away with c. Forward, sonic booms, or if I jump/Hooligan, his Flash kick. And even if I manage to predict and hop over a sonic boom, his decreased recovery means I get c. Fierce'd all day.

JChensor's advice was rather helpful...
    Cammy should never, ever be sac-thrown. When I jump in with an early Jump Strong against characters like Guile or Chun Li, I ALWAYS follow-up with a Cannon Spike. It'll stuff sac-throws and there isn't a thing they can do about it (outside of Razor-Kicking you after they eat the Strong). They can't punish you either, so it's completely safe. Walk-under Throws can similarly be stuffed with a good Cannon Spike in the opposite direction, but that requires MUCH more foresight. But it does work.

Vs. Guile: Crouch Strong beats his Low Forward. That is a key to this fight. But it only wins if you are outside Guile's range. So learn that distance. From there, you can react to Sonic Boom and jump over with Strong (will beat all of Guile's normal anti-airs). If you hit him, get ready to bethrown. So try a Cannon Spike when you land. If he blocks it, he can't punish you. If he starts to get cute and doesn't throw Booms, you'll have to learn how to move in from that magic distance outside his Crouch Forward with Low Forward pokes and Cannon Drills. Hooligan Roll is bad against Guile, it's very easy to react with a Razor Kick and beat it. So only use it VERY sparingly, after lulling Guile to sleep by not using it. Only abuse the Hooligan Roll in situations where Guile isn't charged.

Okay, SUPER basic strats there. TOO much to say. So if you have any specific sitautions, lay them on me and I'll do what I can.

- James

Could you James (or anyone else) talk more about this matchup? The c. Strong tip was helpful, but theres gotta be more to this rather unforgiving match that needs to be elucidated. Please talk more about strategies/tips for playing against Guile.

• FreshOJFreshOJ It's the God in me.. Joined: Posts: 1,485
    Ok, so I practiced the combo. The timing is still a bit weird, but I'm making progress with it, albeit slowly. Progress is still progress though.

The key to linking after any move is learning how long it takes for the move you're linking from to recover. It's all about timing. Mashing the next button rapidly won't get it. On my link FAQ, I remember saying that crouching strong is Cammy's second easiest move to link from (close standing fierce is definitely much easier as it recovers just as fast as crouching strong while causing more hit stun).

Keep practicing. You'll slap yourself once you realize how easy it is...especially if you've done the same link with Ryu or Ken.
    Onaje Everett
    Still in S.D., representing the Almighty.
    READ MY FAQ!!! (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/939066/56195)
  • wakeupsweepwakeupsweep Joined: Posts: 124
    Is short short super worth practicing? I can get the super to come out, but it never combos, the only time it did I had turbo turned on, so I suppose the timing is too strict to get consistently, right? Bare with me, I've been playing her since 2 days ago.
    Is short short super worth practicing? I can get the super to come out, but it never combos, the only time it did I had turbo turned on, so I suppose the timing is too strict to get consistently, right? Bare with me, I've been playing her since 2 days ago.

What do you mean by 'short short' though? Is that two crouching shorts? Is it close standing short followed by crouching short? If you had to combo it off of a short, I would use the latter combo simply because you can't interrupt a weak attack once you've chained into it from the same move. In other words, you'd have to link the two crouching shorts together in order to interrupt that second crouching short into the Spin Drive Smasher.

So, if you were able to get close standing short, crouching short XX Spin Dive Smasher to work once, that would be the one you would want to practice.

However, per my FAQ, Cammy can link the following after a crouching short: any jab, any short, close/stand strong, crouch forward, and stand fierce. You'd be better off learning how to link to her close medium attacks or the interruptible frame of her standing fierce and using that move to combo into the Spin Drive Smasher with no problem.
    Onaje Everett
    I need to play people, not to make a combo video.
    Anyway I was obviously referring to cr.short, cr.short xx super.:rolleyes:
    Is short short super worth practicing?
    I think it depends on how good your execution is. Personally, I couldn't do it to save my life, and in all the "pro" Cammy games I've watched I can't remember seeing it once, but it's quite possible.
    SF3TSguy wrote:
    I have trouble with c. MP -> c. MK... it doesnt seem to link very easily... I have to hit MK a dozen times right after I hit MP, and this messes with the 2 in 1 timing I need to cancel the MK into the Drill.
    Personally, I have better success with that one when I time the button presses rather than mashing the MK.
    SF3TSguy wrote:
    Please talk more about strategies/tips for playing against Guile.
    I suck, but since nobody else has responded (yet), here goes...

Strategically, Cammy's worst range is when she's pushed way out at long distance, because Guile would love to bombard you with Sonic Booms. You're generally harmless from that range. The Cannon Drill is probably just going to bonk into a projectile, and the roll either doesn't have the range to grab him or gives a fast Guile plenty of time to see it coming and punish appropriately. You can try to creep forward with the jab Spin Knuckle, but it's difficult and dangerous.

So that leaves straightjumping over his Booms from long range. Why not jump forward? Because Guile can anti-air trip you from long range, which is a key point in this fight. Your jumping attacks don't have as much range as his ground footsies, and none of them hit have hitboxes low enough to hit Guile's leg anyway. So he can carefully pick apart your long-range jumps with the tip of either his c.forward, which is easy for him, or the more difficult but much more threatening c.RH. If he hits you with this sweep, he can throw a Sonic Boom on you as you get up, pushing you back and leaving you right where you started. Now, a lot of Guiles aren't used to fighting Cammy, and if your opponent doesn't use anti-air tripping, then by all means, just jump over them. But we're assuming a worst-case scenario. Also, remember that he can lull you into jumping from closer in than you might expect, because he can take a couple of quick steps backward while you're in the air and then trip from the right range, pulling the rug out from under you. Moving target!

So jump up, up, up over his long-range Sonic Booms. Every time you successfully jump one, you can gain just a little bit of ground by moving forward before the next Sonic Boom is approaching you. You may have to jump several in a row, so you have to be patient. And getting hit means you take damage, get pushed back, and possibly get knocked down, so it takes a lot of accuracy. I think getting smooth at straightjumping his Booms is the most important skill you can develop in this match.

When you work your way into medium range, things get a little better for Cammy. If you correctly predict a Sonic Boom, you're close enough to roll over and grab him. I don't know why it is, but the shape, flight path, and release of the Sonic Boom makes it feel like the easiest projectile to roll over. You can also do a jab Spin Knuckle to go through a Boom, but honestly, I don't even mess with them in this situation. Randomly doing Spin Knuckles is very dangerous because he can just hit you with a c.forward or whatever, and it's very difficult to do them on reaction to a midrange Boom. That leaves only guessing as to when he's going to throw one, and if you're going to take a guess, why not just guess with the roll, which is a lot faster?

Note that at midrange, straightjumping Booms is now very dangerous. Guile can trip you as you're landing; the only reason he wasn't doing so before is because he wasn't close enough. I find it hard to accurately straightjump Booms at this range anyway.

If you can, you want to intimidate Guile and push him back into the corner. Then he can't keep running away from you. It's almost like playing a grappler in that sense.

At close range, Cammy's offensive options start to open up. You can do short-range rolls out of nowhere that are very difficult to react to in time. You can do rolls right over his Sonic Booms. If he starts spamming c.forwards, which aren't the fastest moves in the world, you can roll right over them too. If he stops doing much of anything, you can chip him with the short Cannon Drill, which has a wider "safe area" against Guile than most characters, because all his long-range attacks are rather slow, and he has a lot of trouble punishing it after block. You can try shenanigans like walk-up throw out of nowhere, walk-up cold Thrust Kick, or walk-forward stutter-step to try to bait a Flash Kick.

All this doesn't necessarily mean Guile is screwed at close range, because he isn't. Technically he has an answer for everything you could do; there's no magic win button for Cammy at close range. Close range merely happens to be much less favorable for him than before. Remember that he can sobat (towards+forward, hopping kick) over your footsies. If for some reason he decides to jump at you, Thrust Kick him.

Tactically, both characters would love to do crossup mixups. Those are the best offensive situations for each character. Developing a strong crossup game will really help you pound him after you get a knockdown. Guile's crossups are equally deadly in the hands of a good player, so you want to be especially careful not to get Flash Kicked. Not only does that open you up to his crossup, but if you had him in the corner, now he gets to change sides and has the entire length of the stage to do his runaway, Sonic Boom, anti-air trip ruitine again if he needs it.

Those are just my thoughts at the moment, but maybe that will give you some ideas. Good luck! :tup:
    I need to play people, not to make a combo video.
    Anyway I was obviously referring to cr.short, cr.short xx super.:rolleyes:

Just making sure. Anyway, like I said, I'm sure it's worth practicing, but comboing into the Spin Dive Smasher from a medium or hard attack would give the super more time to hit, so if you can link into it, you should since you can't interrupt that second crouching short unless you're linking it (versus chaining it) from the first. If you can link a crouching short to itself, you probably have enough timing for linking...say...a crouching forward or even the interruptible "elbow" frame of standing fierce.
    Onaje Everett
    I think it depends on how good your execution is. Personally, I couldn't do it to save my life, and in all the "pro" Cammy games I've watched I can't remember seeing it once, but it's quite possible.
    It is possible, but it has a very strict timing, nowhere as easy as Ken's, what I'd like to know is if it's worth going for in a match or would it most likely turn into a waste of meter even if I can get it pretty much consistently in training mode?
    And also, who is super safe on block against? I know Sagat can punish with fierce(?) fireball, Chun Li with super, but it's hard, etc...
    ...what I'd like to know is if it's worth going for in a match or would it most likely turn into a waste of meter even if I can get it pretty much consistently in training mode?
    Well, that's what I meant to say, I think it depends on how often you can pull it off it off in a real match situation. If you can do it almost 100% of the time, then great, but otherwise, I don't know... I think you could argue that the risk/reward on trying it is situational, too; if you were losing the round by a whole bunch but can do it 50%, you might be more inclined to gamble on trying it.

If you try it and miss it, I personally would be more worried about losing close-in position and taking counter damage than losing the super meter.
    And also, who is super safe on block against?
    This is kind of a tricky question, because it depends on the range you're at. Like if you stand right on top of someone and do the super, you'll end up so close that they can punish with practically anything. Or if you do the super against certain crouch-blocking opponents from a particular, farther-out range, you can go shooting right over their head on the Thrust Kick part too.

If you do the short-short-super and they block it because you mess it up, you can pretty safely assume they're going to be close enough to counter you.

But from very longe range, where Cammy ends up as far away and as safe as possible, here's the breakdown on what happens as far as I know it (and I'm sure it's missing quite a few moves, including a few supers):

Relatively easy counters:
    • Blanka: Fierce horizontal ball (easier), RH vertical ball (harder)
    • Boxer: Dash punch (any type), s.far fierce
    • Cammy: Cannon Drill (any)
    • Claw: S.far fierce, c.RH, walkforward c.strong, etc. Walkforward s.far forward can work, but the timing is tougher.
    • Dhalsim: Limbs galore -- s.far short, s.far forward, s.far RH, s.far strong, s.far fierce, c.far strong, c.far fierce, etc.
    • Dictator: Fierce torpedo, RH scissor kicks, slide, etc.
    • E.Honda: Fierce torpedo, strong/fierce hand slap, etc.
    Possible but difficult (blocking standing up helps a lot):
    • Chun Li: Super, or walk forward and s.far strong
    • DeeJay: Fierce fireball. Step forward s.RH and RH Sobat Kick (second hit whiffs) can work, but don't seem as good.
    • Ryu: Fierce fireball
    • Old Sagat: Fierce/RH fireball, RH Tiger Knee
    Don't know of a way:
    • FeiLong
    • Guile
    • Ken (even frame-perfect juice kick seems to fail)
    • T.Hawk
    • Zangief
  • KnightWarriorKnightWarrior Joined: Posts: 800
    Why does she sound diffent in the Japanese Version of SSF 2
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    I recently found Cammy easy for me to use in this game, could some help me in improving my game?
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    I recently found Cammy easy for me to use in this game, could some help me in improving my game?
    Is there anything in particular you have questions on? You'll probably get more and better help if you're more specific. (Might not be from me, though, cuz I suck pretty badly with Cammy...)
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Well I'm mostly looking for wake-up stuff right now.
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • Capn SpankyCapn Spanky Bullet Billpocalypse Joined: Posts: 1,795
    Why has all the Cammy Love died down? She's alot of fun to play.
    I wonder if anyone really plays her around here. It makes it difficult to ask for advice. Well, JChensor does I believe, but yea, there needs to be more talk about Cammy going on.

• pyro_dragunpyro_dragun Chun-licious Joined: Posts: 164
    Why has all the Cammy Love died down? She's alot of fun to play.

I just picked her up a couple weeks ago. Tons of fun to play.

My favorite thing to do is random hooligans when they least expect it.
    CvS2 - C- Cammy, Chun, Sagat R2
    ST: Chun, Cammy
  • thrazzthrazz Joined: Posts: 175
    Almost OT question here but... is there any situation in the world version of ST where Cammy uses the Japanese voice?

I was playing on GGPO, I did the super and she said spiral arrow and cannon drill, instead of cannon drill and thrust kick. At least I heard that :o
  • zaspacerzaspacer Joined: Posts: 553
    Links to Cammy youtube.com matches

Here is a link to a webpage that lists links to youtube character matchups for ST Cammy:
    http://streetfighterdojo.com/superturbo/cammy/cammymatches.html

Most the players are Japanese, and most the footage is from Japanese Tournaments.

My HTML skills are pretty weak, so the formatting is still rough.
    This is a collection of links that I have had for some time, and I have found personally useful in improving my game.

The BEST way I have found to use these links, is to reference the appropriate ones AFTER I get my butt kicked by a particular character.
    That way I'm hungry to pick up specific things that will help me in that matchup.

Enjoy!
    streetfighterdojo.com - video library of top players