So, it seems next KOF is going DOA

Comments

• LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,556
    jedpossum wrote: »
    Basuke Bu.
    Why was this flagged?

If y'all fucking niggas knew any better, he's one of the better Lucky Glauber players in Japan along with SR and 1-2 other players. Get educated.
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    Not to mention he's one of the crazy players that use EX in regular 98.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,666
    I swear to god one more flag and thats a money match
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,861
    ?
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,809
    Gotta love these KOF fans that don't know about KOF.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    KOF Fan ≠ KOF scene expert.

I don't have to be able to recognize an Asian KOF player when named without a context to be a KOF aficionado.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,666

Magegg wrote: »
    KOF Fan ≠ KOF scene expert.

I don't have to be able to recognize an Asian KOF player when named without a context to be a KOF aficionado.

Iight you fucked up.

How much money you puttin up?
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
    LOL
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,087
    Can wait for another fighter everyones going to hate.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,537
    Thisis a cool moment in KOF community history. 0:45
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,282
    how do i kof
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
    how do i kof
    You make tacos with Iori.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

• AlanEdrickAlanEdrick Joined: Posts: 1,216
    looks like a really bad hentai
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,326
    how do i kof
    You make tacos with Iori.

It's a shame Saisyu doesn't show up much anymore, with the holiday season coming around he could truly celebrate Kwanzaa.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,066
    Why with all the SNK characters do they insist on rehashing the entire cast plus or minus a few oddball characters.

They NEVER shine the light on the characters people really want to see its a shame.
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,537
    BzChoy wrote: »
    If SNKP were to put Orochi Saga characters in their next dream match game, they better not forget about Chizuru. I mean, why ain't she in 2k2UM?

She really does need to come back. Screw the storylines!
    Why with all the SNK characters do they insist on rehashing the entire cast plus or minus a few oddball characters.

They NEVER shine the light on the characters people really want to see its a shame.
    Because the scene is mad diverse and a ton of characters are popular, hard to nail it down. Also what America finds populaur and Japan do are totally different when it comes to characters.
  • CaptainGinyuCaptainGinyu Choppin Bricks Like Karate Joined: Posts: 1,978

Who are the characters you really want to see? The list differs for everyone, I mean I want Tizoc back but I can find 3 other people who don't care.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”-Jimi Hendrix
    Take the Raw Vegan challenge! Lol nah fam, I don't even do this shit anymore.

SFV: Zangief Sub: Juri
    GGXRD Revalator: Ramlethal Valentine
    KOF XI: Terry/Oswald/Gato | KOF 14: Terry/NAK/KOD, Terry/Yamazaki/KOD

PSN: CaptDeepThot

edited November 2013
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    You are literally whining that Capcom keeps putting SF2 characters in Street Fighter when those are the characters that sell games. They aren't rehashing anything, they are keeping the mandatory mainstay characters in first and adding other shit second. I want nothing more than the US Sports Team to come back, but I also recognize that Japan Team, Iori Team, Kim Team, Fatal Fury Team, Art of Fighting Team, and whatever team they add to get Mai in the game are absolutely the most important characters they NEED to have in the game, and that's 18 characters right god damn there. K` Team is also arguably just as essential, 21 characters, Psycho Soldier is also a pretty staple team, 24 characters, and Ikari Warriors don't seem to be going away any time soon, 27 characters.

Depending on how long it takes to make the characters in the game (XIII being a character creation cycle that is quite the god damn time sink), it's just not feasible to add all the oddball characters people want that just flat out are not as important to the game as the staple characters are.

Kind of agree, kind of not.
    Characters like Goro have been on and off many times, they're not that essential and people don't miss them so much.
    I'm glad they retired Chang and Choi, their charge gamestyle was not that useful in the later games. I'd say they should retire Leona too, or severely retool her, she has not been good in many years. Chin is not exactly a favorite either, and not many people missed him in the 2003-XI era; I'm sort of glad they give him a twist for XII/XIII, I still prefer him over Momoko.
    YOu don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Leona's been good in most of games ,Chin is pertty populaur, alot of people were mad he wasn't int he Ash SAGA, adn Goro is also another character people missed while he was gone. Shut up.

YOu don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Leona's been good in most of games ,Chin is pertty populaur, alot of people were mad he wasn't int he Ash SAGA, adn Goro is also another character people missed while he was gone. Shut up.
    LOL no.
  • SaikyoStyleSaikyoStyle Not Sure Joined: Posts: 1,064
    Can wait for another fighter everyones going to hate.

Isn't that every fighter?
    People bitch and bitch about (insert any fighting game here) for one reason or another.....yet can't stop playing or talking about it.

rabblerabblerabble.jpg
    Move along, Nothing to see here.
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    You are literally whining that Capcom keeps putting SF2 characters in Street Fighter when those are the characters that sell games. They aren't rehashing anything, they are keeping the mandatory mainstay characters in first and adding other shit second. I want nothing more than the US Sports Team to come back, but I also recognize that Japan Team, Iori Team, Kim Team, Fatal Fury Team, Art of Fighting Team, and whatever team they add to get Mai in the game are absolutely the most important characters they NEED to have in the game, and that's 18 characters right god damn there. K` Team is also arguably just as essential, 21 characters, Psycho Soldier is also a pretty staple team, 24 characters, and Ikari Warriors don't seem to be going away any time soon, 27 characters.

Depending on how long it takes to make the characters in the game (XIII being a character creation cycle that is quite the god damn time sink), it's just not feasible to add all the oddball characters people want that just flat out are not as important to the game as the staple characters are.

I'm glad they retired Chang and Choi, their charge gamestyle was not that useful in the later games.

"Chang"

"Charge gamestyle"

You don't even know what makes him good do you or why he was high tier in 98? And in regards to Choi for later games, he was top in 02, top in Neowave and is still very viable in 98/um and 02um. In 03, his gameplay was emulated through Malin and she was dominant in 03 but nerfed pretty hard in XI. It's not that his style is not useful. Leona has been high tier in pretty much any game she's been in but XIII. Her normals are relatively unique and her playstyle revolving around controlling up close space from ranges most characters can't contest along with her instant overhead game doesn't really have an equal in KOF.

Please stop typing ignorant shit. I implore you. I beg of you.

Even after getting nerfed Malin was still mad strong in XI.
    edited November 2013
    LOL no, all of them were pretty bad characters recently, that's the reason why they were removed.

Choi was good in 2002 only by a twist of destiny, otherwise, he had been very faulty.

And no one complained of Chin not being in KOF 2003-XI, please quit joking XDD
    edited November 2013
    Choi was good in most games, at least mid tier and even in a game with geese and Krauser he still gets picked a good bit in 98UM and is still a decent character in 2k2UM. Shut up.

Probably don't even know what an oogoosho or 777 is.
    Yeah, but not everybody is an oogoosho or or an 777.

For example, Leona has been inaccessible for most of the players, she might be good but not everyone takes time to master her... And those same people prefer to use other character instead for important matches.

They better put a better balanced character with more appeal for everyone.
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, but not everybody is an oogoosho or or an 777.

For example, Leona has been inaccessible for most of the players, she might be good but not everyone takes time to master her... And those same people prefer to use other character instead for important matches.

They better put a better balanced character with more appeal for everyone.
    LOL no.

Edit:
    You just said they should retool a character cause you can't play her. There is players out there fine with it since 96 with no complaints besides you.

Edit:
    You just said they should retool a character cause you can't play her. There is players out there fine with it since 96 with no complaints besides you.
    No. Those characters were getting progressively worse and worse, no one was using them. Choi had luck in KOF 2002 but he wouldn't have lived up for KOF 2003. And Leona was severely outdated, that's why they took her out for retooling on KOF XI, and she didn't even got better for XII/XIII.
    Edit:
    No. Those characters were getting progressively worse and worse, no one was using them. Choi had luck in KOF 2002 but he wouldn't have lived up for KOF 2003. And Leona was severely outdated, that's why they took her out for retooling on KOF XI, and she didn't even got better for XII/XIII.
    LOL no.

Edit:

Time to double post.
    And Leona was severely outdated, that's why they took her out for retooling on KOF XI, and she didn't even got better for XII/XIII.

Please define outdated and lay out your criteria for it.

Then find evidence for me that SNKP "explicitly" decided to take her out because she was "outdated."

Then substantiate why she "didn't even got better" for XII/XIII. XII is an irrelevant point since the game was poorly received anyways.

So explain to me why she didn't get better in XIII; and, explain to me what makes her weak comparatively to the cast of XIII. Explain to me what were the major differences between her design in previous games like in 98 or 02 to her design in XIII and the ramifications of those changes.

I'm really fucking curious what you have to say. That is to say, I don't expect anything meaningful to come out of you.
    edited November 2013
    Laban wrote: »
    Please define outdated and lay out your criteria for it.
    Charge characters got way when the game became more and more aggressive and the combos longer. When the strikers came out, for example in KOF 2000 with the "active striker" system, an opponent would have even more chances of breaking any charge move . Also, their combos were way shorter and less damaging than the ones from any other kind of characters. Take Leona for example, her b,f moves take ridiculously long to come out, while Choi has too much recovery time. That really makes you want to use another character.

Malin was a good option to use instead, because she was faster, more aggressive and her moves had better priority, combo potential and less recovery time. And Ash was a better option for a charge character than Leona. Leona was included back in KOF XIII only to appear in the family picture, but she still sucked, I'd rather have Heidern.
    Or the many 98og and 02og players at low/mid/high levels of play that often use Leona?
    Like I said, I had no problem, even 99 was very decent. But from 2000 onwards, she got worse and worse. 2002 might be a special case because the game system had nothing to do with the three previous games (even it was supposed to be a dream match). But since in KOF 2003 onwards the screen was enlarged, Leona had big problems to space and corner her opponents...

And you're right about Chang. I'm only saying "Chang without Choi" can't live for much time... That would be like taking out Clark and leaving Ralf in.
    Either way, you have just pretty much proven yourself to be ignorant of not only the KOF scene, but also about the game itself. Then you proceed to make indefensible claims and try to brush off others' considerations without even lifting a finger to even try to support your claims. I doubt many or any will take you seriously now. Whatever you say now will have no sense of merit. Good going.
    LOL. When people start telling you to "shut the fuck up", it's clear they're going to mock at your opinion anyway. So, I don't care about what you think unless you "prove it". And having a couple Japanese players using decently a character no one uses doesn't change my mind.
    I'm only saying if those characters would have been that good, they would have simply stayed, just like it happens to some Terry or Benimaru or Kim.
    No one started a war when Goro was not on KOF '99-2000 or Leona on KOF 2003, and SNKP didn't have to re-include Chang and Choi con KOF XIII, so I think that's enough evidence of my point.
    It's right there are very characters who can be surprisingly decent or even good when experts use them, but SNK doesn't base only on experts to pick the characters they're going to include in the roster.
    Post edited by Magegg on
    Yo Laban get him

We gotta play 98 again, I need to learn that dumb Lucky MU.
    98 night? I could always use the practice.
  • SpαrksterSpαrkster G.F.B.T.G. Joined: Posts: 312
    Charge characters got way [sic] when the game became more and more aggressive and the combos longer. When the strikers came out, for example in KOF 2000 with the "active striker" system, an opponent would have even more chances of breaking any charge move . Also, their combos were way shorter and less damaging than the ones from any other kind of characters. Take Leona for example, her b,f moves take ridiculously long to come out, while Choi has too much recovery time. That really makes you want to use another character.

No KOF characters since '96 have ever relied solely on charge motion special moves strictly for their defense. You might as well say Terry and Kim have only gotten weaker as games progressed because their "DP" is generally a Flashkick motion. Instead, both of them swing around on tier lists based on completely different criteria. Likewise, Leona generally can anti-air five other ways or escape pressure with universal Guard Cancels. The reason Leona sucks in XIII has nothing to do with her move motions, but instead it all comes down to her getting hit with a weak neutral game due to worsened normals and poor damage because her combos happen to scale worse than with other characters, but there's still Raiden who uses mostly charge moves and hits like a truck. There are dozens of other factors that come together do determine a character's damage output, and you're only able to see one.

Charge time is nearly irrelevant during combos if you know how to buffer, especially in 2000 where you can easily set up Seth's striker to land an unblockable launcher that lets you link ANYTHING afterwards. The only thing that matters afterward is how long a character's specials can juggle naturally which is all based on a whim. Outside of 2000 you're looking at completely different factors other than special move input that determine a character's strength. 2001 had random anywhere juggles out the ass, XI was about good launches or tagging into a character that can juggle until stun, and XIII comes down to maximizing damage scaling or bullshitting with meter build or an infinite.
    Like I said, I had no problem, even 99 was very decent. But from 2000 onwards, she got worse and worse. 2002 might be a special case because the game system had nothing to do with the three previous games (even it was supposed to be a dream match). But since in KOF 2003 onwards the screen was enlarged, Leona had big problems to space and corner her opponents...

I'm only saying if those characters would have been that good, they would have simply stayed, just like it happens to some Terry or Benimaru or Kim.
    No one started a war when Goro was not on KOF '99-2000 or Leona on KOF 2003, and SNKP didn't have to re-include Chang and Choi con KOF XIII, so I think that's enough evidence of my point.
    It's right there are very characters who can be surprisingly decent or even good when experts use them, but SNK doesn't base only on experts to pick the characters they're going to include in the roster.

You make it sound like you actually know the reasoning behind which characters make it into each KOF game, which is pure speculation. By your reasoning, I better get ready for Guile to be dropped from Street Fighter because ever since World Warrior he's progressively weakened. Mai was axed from XII, and to this day scrubs complain that Vanessa or Angel or USA Team, et cetera, et cetera, should be in but they haven't been touched in years. On the other hand, Terry turns out to be complete garbage in some games but guess what? There's a reason he's here every year.
    Spαrkster wrote: »
    Charge time is nearly irrelevant during combos if you know how to buffer
    You just said. When a character's only able to get really used through a technique only what? 10% of players? are able to perform, it's better to take it out of the game. Ash was way was better than Leona with his LDM.
    Leona b,f charge moves were extremely pathetic in 2003, for example. Her other moves were not that bad but didn't help much.
    And both Kim and charge robert were way much more than a charge character.
    By your reasoning, I better get ready for Guile to be dropped from Street Fighter because ever since World Warrior he's progressively weakened.
    Guile was a beast in the beginning, so while he got weaker after the II series, it was still very decent.
    Mai was axed from XII,
    Like someone said above, XII didn't count.
    and to this day scrubs complain that Vanessa or Angel or USA Team, et cetera, et cetera, should be in but they haven't been touched in years.
    Angel only because of the copyright issues (now solved). Vanessa was in KOF NeoWave, but she's not one of the "essential KOF characters", since she arrived late to the party.
    Only 10% of players learn how to buffer charge inputs? It's like I'm taking crazy pills.
    I wish Chang was in XIII. He be juggling with his Iron Ball all day and ending HD's with a Belly Flop would of been sight to behold.

That and I use him in all games he's in any way.

• SpαrksterSpαrkster G.F.B.T.G. Joined: Posts: 312
    I fukken laffed.

I'm done talking to scrubhumans.
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,574
    XIII was beautiful why would you do this T.T
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,401
    edited November 2013
    and since when leona is hard to use!?, Magegg you're full of shit.

lol laban was banned
    He's not banned, he just has the jail markers for soem reason.
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    This thread took a turn...

I think Mageg just needs to chill out out a bit. I did find the charge comment funny. If anything charge characters are easy in 13 (charge time is literally like a second and the system is very lenient) it's just that HD combos are tricky.
    STOMP!
    In that case, I'd still emphasize using Xrd's technique of cel shading and frame rate throttling to capture the hand drawn style to emphasize's its own aesthetic style.
    Sadly, that could be very expensive :/
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,207
    want playable botan
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!