SF4 Camera Man. Move the camera while fighting.

2»

Comments

• lulliuslullius Joined: Posts: 99
    edited January 2014
    Uploaded SF4CM v0.4 again. It's the same as last time, only I've tried getting rid of the crashes. As SF4CM doesn't seem to crash SF4 on my system I don't know if this fix will work or not. You will need the original SF4CM v0.4 to use this. Just overwrite the old exe with the new one. You can download it from my site as usual.
  • JSevionJSevion Utter Class! Joined: Posts: 2
    Awesome tool. I've been using this to capture character's intros, wins, and ultras for a project. Any chance that you'll be doing something like this for SFxT?
  • ShaZeShaZe Joined: Posts: 33
    CAMERA MAN Ultra Edition is now available!!!

http://www.slitherware.com/2014/08/10/sf4-camera-man-v0-43-released/

Thanks Lullius! Lullius op!
  • stinkyfingazstinkyfingaz Joined: Posts: 26
    v0.44 is out: http://www.slitherware.com/2014/08/10/sf4-cameraman-v0-44-released/

I'm having great fun playing with that tool, it really gives opportunities for nice screenshots, thank you lullius.

979996Cam1.jpg

192763Cam2.jpg

396110Cam3.jpg

980949Cam4.jpg
    a3ih97b.png?1
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,022
    It's great to have this mod back. However, when I pause the game with Tab I cannot nove the camera. I've tried resuming and pausing again, as it would sometimes happen in older versions, and it doesn't work at all. I'm only allowed to move the camera while the game is in motion. Has anyone encountered this problem? I haven't got Ultra, in case it matters.

---

By the way, I think I’ve realized why the character models behave weird when you angle the camera a lot (you know, they seem to stretch, even changing the relative position to each other character’s parts, for example a character’s arm may be clearly in front of the other characters’s and then they overlap and clip if you angle the camera a lot). I read this article about Guilty Gear Xrd and they say that that game along with SF4 have some sort of unique perspective correction for the characters that makes their models affected by camera position and angle, rather than leaving them in their perfect univocal threedimensionalness. It is explained in the pics with two Sols standing in the center and corner of the stage. They also mention that this only happens horizontally, which seems to match with what we see when using this mod.

Original:
    http://www.4gamer.net/games/216/G021678/20140714079/
    Translation:
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2107579&postcount=241
  • renzenrenzen steam: jigawatt Joined: Posts: 162
    so to get a jump on 1st person fighting, you actually don't need any in-game buttons.
    A quick setting is to:
    1)enable Camera Lock
    2)check Camera Lock Player 1 Head
    3)check Angle Lock Player 2 Head
    4)do a small Camera offset on X of 1, just to get past all your floating arms.
    5) Disabling Cinematic Camera offers a seamless experience

pretty fun stuff, thanks a lot! dumbing down the competition is necessary cuz you basically have no idea what's going on when you get 'face to face', lol
  • fistoftheryustarfistoftheryustar Joined: Posts: 2,170
    Any videos of some over the shoulder Street Fighting?
    My drawing:
    Mai cheats on Ryu - "Shin Shoryuken!"

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7115525&postcount=252
    Any videos of some over the shoulder Street Fighting?
    As soon as im able to upload to yt in high quality. Slightly offsetting the camera using -1s gives a very playable position. May take a couple of days to get the vid together tho, pretty busy
    mikros wrote: »
    It's great to have this mod back. However, when I pause the game with Tab I cannot nove the camera. I've tried resuming and pausing again, as it would sometimes happen in older versions, and it doesn't work at all. I'm only allowed to move the camera while the game is in motion. Has anyone encountered this problem? I haven't got Ultra, in case it matters.
    Unfortunately I can't keep supporting all the previous versions of the game as that would simply be too much work. It might work without Ultra, but probably not. I always assume that people are using the most up to date version of SF4, and when I make a new release, that is the only thing I've tested it on.
    mikros wrote: »
    By the way, I think I’ve realized why the character models behave weird when you angle the camera a lot (you know, they seem to stretch, even changing the relative position to each other character’s parts, for example a character’s arm may be clearly in front of the other characters’s and then they overlap and clip if you angle the camera a lot). I read this article about Guilty Gear Xrd and they say that that game along with SF4 have some sort of unique perspective correction for the characters that makes their models affected by camera position and angle, rather than leaving them in their perfect univocal threedimensionalness. It is explained in the pics with two Sols standing in the center and corner of the stage. They also mention that this only happens horizontally, which seems to match with what we see when using this mod.
    I'm not sure. Most of the glitches and stretching seems to go away when you zoom out a little (don't move the camera backwards, use the zoom out button). Even if I'm really close the the characters, if I'm zoomed out a little, I don't think I can see any stretching...

Nice shots stinkyfingaz!

Anyway, I've just uploaded a new version.

CHANGELOG (v0.5 – 20th, aug, 2014)
    Added FPS style camera movement. This should make it easier to move around in the game.
    Camera Lock-On function changed. You can now circle the players with the mouse. Check the P1 box to angle the camera at P1, or the P2 box to angle the camera at P2. If both, or none of the boxes are checked, the camera will point at a place in between the two players.
    Added the Speed slider. This will alter the speed of the characters. 0 (all the way to the left) is completely still,
    1 is normal, and you can turn it all the way up to 10 (all the way to the right). Some moves will reset it to 1.
    Small bugfixes here and there. Moving the camera while paused should work again now, although it is a little glitchy (the camera will sometimes stutter. I’m not feeling well at the moment, so I’ll have to look at it next time).

(Invisible changes)
    I’m in the Vector Matrix. Code is a mess, needs a cleanup. Currently using SlimDX for vector stuff.

I'm hoping you guys think the camera is easier to move now than before. I'm doing it FPS-style now. If you hold forwards, you will always go the way you are looking. Even if you are looking up and down.

Get it from my site as usual.

Have fun!
    edited August 2014
    I finally uploaded some, with over-the-shoulder view! I love this perspective. I don't think I'm going back, ever. Regular view seems so.. low tech. I got one more coming in the upload pipeline.

@fistoftheryustar‌

me getting my butt kicked online... still new to playing like this:

settings:
    Enable Camera Lock
    Camera Lock Player 1 Head
    Angle Lock Player 2 Head
    Camera Offset -0.5 X axis
    Camera Offset -1 Z axis
    Disable Cinematic camera for seamless ultras and intros
    Post edited by renzen on
    That looks so cool!

Especially when one character goes high or switching sides.

If you notice in fight scenes of thr movies they tend to do a 45 degree angle to show off the moves. Just awesome
    My drawing:

• mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,022
    lullius wrote: »
    Unfortunately I can't keep supporting all the previous versions of the game as that would simply be too much work. It might work without Ultra, but probably not. I always assume that people are using the most up to date version of SF4, and when I make a new release, that is the only thing I've tested it on.

No problem, man. The mod is amazing and it sure is a pain just to keep up with all recent updates. I have the latest version of “Ultra Street Fighter 4” as the game is officially called now on steam, but I haven’t got the actual upgrade to Ultra, so I guess it may cause problems (it seems that the DLC of the upgrade is not exactly trivial). Everything works fine but the feature of moving the camera while the game is paused with Tab, for some reason. The awesome new feature of pausing the individual characters helps a lot with that.

Here are a couple of suggestions:
    - The camera currently cannot rotate further when the mouse cursor reaches the edge of the screen, which is sometimes rather limiting unless we increase mouse sensitivity (this wasn’t a problem in previous versions because the camera would have a soft lock on the center). Would it be possible to rotate the camera further, regardless of cursor position?

- I’ve noticed that the Tab pause no longer works after the KO and until the next round starts, at least in my case. If this is intentionally done for stabilitity, would it be possible to include a manual override for this? It would be cool to take our time screenshooting those victory poses.
    edited August 2014
    My 3rd vid (and last for a while) is ready. You can get sense of vertigo from the beam moving on skyscraper stage, especially when on the edge! Lots of interesting perspectives with ultras (and ofc throws) actually hitting for gouken and juri

Post edited by renzen on
    edited August 2014
    since i have a double post I'll shameless link to a yt playlist with all three vids

Post edited by renzen on
  • mackchelmackchel Joined: Posts: 1
    i want to use this tool in SFXT
    renzen wrote: »
    My 3rd vid (and last for a while) is ready. You can get sense of vertigo from the beam moving on skyscraper stage, especially when on the edge! Lots of interesting perspectives with ultras (and ofc throws) actually hitting for gouken and juri

Beautiful! Especially that stage.

Have you thought about zooming out the camera, and keeping it slightly lower towards the groud, and zooming out to see both their bodies? I see it in a lot of fight scenes
    My drawing:

edited August 2014
    Have you thought about zooming out the camera, and keeping it slightly lower towards the groud, and zooming out to see both their bodies? I see it in a lot of fight scenes

like this? (note to self, offsets X -2.5, Y -0.5, Z -1)
    23jsh3q.png
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,642
    edited August 2014
    call me crazy for saying this, maybe its just my imagination....but when I play online matches with this....I feel like a drop in input lag. its almost lag free with cameraman+SF4SO.

am I the only one here that feels theres less input lag with this while online?

is there something to the game's native default camera angles between two players that cause input lag online?
    Actually exactly like that!
    My drawing:

• stinkyfingazstinkyfingaz Joined: Posts: 26
    edited August 2014
    Problem with this view is you're gonna see the "holes" in the background (left side of screen lacks texture).

Based on this youtube video from Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition for the 3ds:

I made a sort of 3ds view, looking like that ryu vs sagat match:
    4960323dsview.jpg
    Here are my settings:
    dRFTuC8.jpg?1
    It works quite well and you don't see the faults in the background (I finished Arcade Mode without issue).

And for fun I made Ryu transparent to test a rear view à la Punch Out!!:
    869638rearviewtransparency.jpg
    (this one is merely for test as it has issues with the backgrounds, it works well but it's hard to use left/right to go front/back :P)
    a3ih97b.png?1
  • GojiraGojira Watch out KOF here I come Joined: Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Okay my game must be screwed or something. I had a fresh install today. Cameraman worked fine the first few times I used it, then I went to do some mod stuff with dantarian's loader, and then steam decided to download the "public beta" update, and now every time I try to use SF4CM it crashes the game, whether I'm using the loader or not.
    HEY EVERYONE LET'S DO THE TAE KWAN DO THANG
    Gojira wrote: »
    Okay my game must be screwed or something. I had a fresh install today. Cameraman worked fine the first few times I used it, then I went to do some mod stuff with dantarian's loader, and then steam decided to download the "public beta" update, and now every time I try to use SF4CM it crashes the game, whether I'm using the loader or not.

I think there was a patch released earlier today. A new version of SF4CM is up on my site, it should work again now.
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,642
    I was ready to say the same thing as Gojira.
    thx lullius.
    :D
    Thx, the new version works and doesn't crash, so that's great. Still having a couple of issues though:
    -tab pause does not work anymore. Tried restarting the game and restarting SF4CM, no change.
    -camera lock got really slow and stuttery. When I turn it off, everything is fine.
    edited November 2014
    I know this has taken some time and I'm sorry. I just uploaded a new version now though. This one should work with the new patch.
    CHANGELOG (v0.6 - 3rd, nov, 2014)
    Rewrote the entire tool.
    New look (still ugly).
    New Icon...
    Cameraman should now work with the latest patch of USF4 (as of today).
    I'm now using a hook to move the camera. What this means is that Cameraman is no longer controlling the camera directly, SF4 is. It rewrites how SF4 works so SF4 itself is moving the camera. Hopefully this should be much smoother.
    Removed some stuff, like the speed sliders. These may or may not be added back later.
    You can now use roll/zoom/pause/next frame from both the keyboard and the mouse. Right and left mouse buttons are for rolling. Zooming is done with the wheel. Clicking the wheel pauses/unpauses. Mouse button 4 (if you have it) is used for the Next Frame function.
    Added Free Movement and Free Angle to the follow camera. This way you can for example have the camera positioned inside P1's head, while you at the same time can look around with the mouse as if you actually were inside of the character.
    I'm not sure, but this version might work on Windows XP. I've not tested it though, as I don't have any PC's running that OS.
    Moving the camera while paused should now work.
    The bug where you couldn't turn around if the mouse was at the edge of the screen is now fixed. Cameraman now captures the mouse when SF4 is in the foreground. To switch window please use Alt+Tab.
    Changed Pause button to the left CTRL.
    Changed Next Frame button to the left Shift.

You can get it from my site as usual.
    Nice release, thanks. I like how compact it is now and ignoring the mouse cursor position makes it much easier to navigate.

I was still having trouble with the SF4CM pause until I read the backlog, sorry for bringing up a known bug.
    However I do have a tip: if you pause the game with Enter it doesn't seem to break the pause/step feature of SF4CM.
    Uh dude those are some of the most highly viewed "artworks" on the usf4 Steam hub
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/45760/images/?p=1&browsefilter=toprated

there's two near the top of the list. I'm pretty sure there was a 3rd, but somehow, someway it must have gotten buried way down the list
  • recaveiracaorecaveiracao Joined: Posts: 2
    Hello, I'm new here, but I would like to know how to use your program, I just downloaded and when I try to use it with USF4 it shows an error, like this:

e4tsdrmfok0h.jpg

I'm using the latest version of Ultra, with most recent update. BWT, thank you for the program, it looks great!
    erro.jpg 459.4K
    edited December 2014
    Hello, I'm new here, but I would like to know how to use your program, I just downloaded and when I try to use it with USF4 it shows an error, like this:

I'm using the latest version of Ultra, with most recent update. BWT, thank you for the program, it looks great!
    Thanks!
    I think the latest patch broke the tool. It should be a quick fix. I'll look into it as fast as I can, but I'm not home at the moment.
  • recaveiracaorecaveiracao Joined: Posts: 2
    Thank you man!
    edited December 2014
    Just uploaded a new version.

CHANGELOG (v0.6Ω - 20th, dec, 2014)
    Made Cameraman work with the new patch for USF4 (version 1.04).
    Fixed a typo which made rolling the camera not work in static camera mode.

(Invisible changes)
    Updated a couple of memory addresses.

Get it here.

Have fun, happy holidays!
    I noticed this so I thought it would be a good idea to add slow-mo to SF4 Cameraman as people were writing that the constant supers were distracting.

CHANGELOG (v0.61Ω - 30th, dec, 2014)
    Added speed control for each character. They go from absolutely stand still to double speed. Remember to
    check the "Set"-checkbox when altering the speed. Uncheck the checkbox and perform a move with
    Super/Ultra-freeze to go back to regular speed.

(Invisible changes)
    Added new function to set the speed of both characters.

The new version is available here.

Happy New Year!
  • JedahsMinistryJedahsMinistry BattousaiCV Joined: Posts: 542
    Did a new patch break things again? It either crashes the game or throws out an error every time :(
    Gettysburg, PA
    Netplay Poverty - http://www.twitch.tv/randomalt
    X-Men COTA and stuff - http://www.youtube.com/user/BattousaiCV
    Blurbs about games - http://twitter.com/BattousaiCV
    Did a new patch break things again? It either crashes the game or throws out an error every time :(
    I don't think it was broken then, but it is now. I've uploaded a new version that works with USF4 version 1.05. You can get it here.
  • sarbyjoesarbyjoe Joined: Posts: 1
    Is there going to be a re upload?Because your site is not working. Thank You in advance!
2»