X-men: Dark Phoenix: (Nov. 2,2018)

Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!!Joined: Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/180637-x-men-apocalypse-set-for-may-27-2016
In a surprise move, Bryan Singer today revealed the title of the next chapter of 20th Century Fox's popular X-Men franchise. May 27, 2016 will see the release of X-Men: Apocalypse!

Apocalypse, created by Louise and Walter Simonson, made his debut in X-Factor #6. The world's first mutant, En Sabah Nur was born in Egypt around 3,000 BC and used advanced technology to make himself an eternal conquerer, believing whole heartedly in survival of the fittest.

The character's most popular storyline, "The Age of Apocalypse," ran in the X-Men books beginning in 1995. Set in a parallel reality formed by interference to the timeline, "The Age of Apocalypse" saw Professor Charles Xavier murdered before he could form the X-Men. Instead, a very different take on the team began with Magneto leading them through a post-apocalyptic America ruled by mutants.

Since next summer's X-Men: Days of Future Past involves a time travel storyline, it's likely that a filmic take on "The Age of Apocalypse" could spin out of the new film's ending. It's certainly something that 20th Century Fox has considered as ComingSoon.net has learned that domains like AgeofApocalypsemovie.com have been registered by the studio for years. What's more, Singer's new film is set to introduce key "Age of Apocalypse" characters like Bishop (Omar Sy) and Blink (Bingbing Fan).

At this stage, however, all that's confirmed is the May 27, 2016 release date, which puts X-Men: Apocalypse up against Walt Disney Pictures' Alice in Wonderland 2.
Ughh, my body is not ready!
Hope our lord En Sabah Nur will not be too different from comics, TAS!

Will it be an AOA film borne out of the events of DOFP or a film set in the regular continuity?

Post edited by Dangerous J on
PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
-Jawaharlal Nehru

Comments

• Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The interesting thing to me is that FOX would allow Singer to tweet this so early, which probably means that FOX must be happy with the early cut of DOFP.
    A long time ago, Lauren Schuler Donner said they had a script for an X4, which leads to a X5, perhaps this is a realization of those scripts.

Also, 90% chance that they do a post credit scene in DOFP, with Apoc teased.
    I could see it playing similarly to the Wolverine and the X-men toon, which had them trying to prevent a DOFP esque future, but by succeeding, an AOA future was created.
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,654
    They got lucky with First Class, but not too sure about these next movies. If they can ATLEAST get Apocalypse's character right, I'll be content even if the movie itself sucks

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    ugh, throw it in the trash with days of futures past. apocalypse, cmon my nigs, you know they arent going to do that any justice at all. not one legit xmen movies, with x2 being the best they have done, while still falling short a bit, but some of that is just because of the storyline itself. 4 bad xmens, and 1 xmen movie you could tolerate, even on a bad day, and outside of the newest garbage coming out, im suppose to think they can give the age of apocalypse arc any justice. HAAA!!!!

marvel movies are the worst, and random thor dark worlds was better then anything put out so far. i dont care about semantics of directors, companies, and blah blah. marvel, your shits so weak right now. age of apocalypse, lol, get the fuck outta here. fuck fox and fuck these xmen movies. 2013 and a nigga couldnt even get a decent rogue or gambit. suck my dick. lol
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,095
    Shadow Ace wrote: »
    "At this stage, however, all that's confirmed is the May 27, 2016 release date, which puts X-Men: Apocalypse up against Walt Disney Pictures' Alice in Wonderland 2."

sounds like a tough match-up imo..

You don't know about that Alice tech? They got some hidden shit for the matchup.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wolfkiller wrote: »
    Wasn't Vin Diesel having mystery talks with Marvel not too long ago? BEHOLD THE VINPOCALYPSE!

wtf? fox and marvel dont work with eachother.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,097
    Please, for once, let this one be all in English, or let me be in an English-speaking country to see it.

Salty for having gone to X-Men First Class and The Wolverine both in Korea, to find out key points of the movie were in German and Japanese respectively.
    Trust me you didn't exactly miss out on the meaning of life, or even good comic adaptations.

The sooner Fox drops the Marvel mutant license the better. They're basically the Resident Evil movies, with better actors propping it up.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,148
    Then the sequel after this might have Galactus VS Apocalypse!
  • ZensoukenZensouken Ouroboros = Chips Ahoy! Joined: Posts: 1,324
    Sooooooooooo, Hyper Viper Beam confirmed?
    Stridering since 1998; I play pragmatic and dirty. You will eat pringles and hate me for it.
    PSN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    CFN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    3DS FC: "1564-4856-0905"
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    Yall have a lot of faith in Apoc...let us not forget Galactus in Fantastic 4 Rise of Silver Surfer...or shall I say, storm cloud shaped like Galactus' upper body.
  • SaikyoStyleSaikyoStyle Not Sure Joined: Posts: 1,064
    Zensouken wrote: »
    Sooooooooooo, Hyper Viper Beam confirmed?

If it is I'm eager to see a later movie cover the X-Cutioner's Song story.

Move along, Nothing to see here.
  • GumpoolGumpool Gumbercules...I love that guy Joined: Posts: 665
    the question is will ULTRA be finished for EVO 2016
    gozulin: G1 is like a paradise where, instead of having sex with 72 female virgins, you get to play SF4 against 272 male virgins.
    #FUCKBEETNEIN
    Grnlantern3: If a person developed a foot dive fighting style they'd be unstoppable
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What about the xforce movie news?
  • UnreallysticUnreallystic Painyatta Joined: Posts: 13,171
    Wasn't Vin Diesel having mystery talks with Marvel not too long ago? BEHOLD THE VINPOCALYPSE!
    That was to voice the big Tree in Guardians of the Galaxy...
    - :bluu:
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    In 2016, i'm going to be 31...
    I don't want to plan for that year yet.
    Fuck it.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • BTierBisonBTierBison I am Lord Shiva. Joined: Posts: 918
    edited December 2013
    Interesting. Will there be good and fahnay! death scenes where stupid women die?
    My PSN is VictorX1. https://www.facebook.com/Trimurti66X1 My theme song: https://youtube.com/watch?v=qFPVWv7X0c4 "To be a good fighter, you must be dangerous, fearless, deadly, unrelenting, threatening, and unpredictable. In essence, be like water, my friend" Bruce Lee. The 4 Cardinal Virtues: Prudence, Justice, Fortitude, and Temperance. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=755532914476914&set=vb.100000606370404&type=2&theater
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,824
    BTierBison wrote: »
    Interesting. Will there be good death scenes where stupid women die?
    Tila Tequila yeah
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Im calling it now: DOFP goes wrong or doesnt work, end credits teaser: THE WILD MAN FROM BORNEO. "Greymalkin, body slide by one."
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,703

Almost everyone knows X-Men. If they make it really good then ALOT of people will come see it.
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    im gonna get high and watch alice in wonderland 2 tbh

my nigga
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    Its pretty funny how the way Xmen DOFP ends and segue ways into Apocalypse is pretty much how Wolverine and the Xmen cartoon did it.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i just wanna see sexy blink anyways.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • kitsunisankitsunisan I need alcohol Joined: Posts: 3,231
    Yall have a lot of faith in Apoc...let us not forget Galactus in Fantastic 4 Rise of Silver Surfer...or shall I say, storm cloud shaped like Galactus' upper body.

I'm not giving Fox a "get out of jail" pass based solely on this news, but notice how once the head of the studio stepped down (Tom Rothman), things have slowly been getting better

First Class (Excellent),
    The Wolverine (which was in the decent/solid category a la X1),
    a time travel, giant purple robot DOFP film

And Kitty Pryde having time phasing powers.

...what?

I really hope they can get their shit together, but not really expecting much.
    DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES. THANK YOU - The Community
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,480
    edited December 2013
  • kitsunisankitsunisan I need alcohol Joined: Posts: 3,231
    Well that went to crap fast.
    DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES. THANK YOU - The Community
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,337
    Jesus fucking christ, fox.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oh what the fuck?! Is Cable going to be a cyborg xavier now too?
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• SaikyoStyleSaikyoStyle Not Sure Joined: Posts: 1,064
    .....I've learned to accept for the most part that comic book movies will not always follow the source material, (Sometimes not even close, IM3 Mandarin) But this is going too far!
    In a series about mutants, To change the first mutant ever into an alien and then have him become one with Magneto when we all know the only one worthy of that is Prof X (which then turns them into the greatest threat the Marvel universe has ever seen) is fucking comic book blasphemy and fans should act accordingly by kidnapping and murdering fox executives until they fix this abomination!
    Move along, Nothing to see here.
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2013
    That was to voice the big Tree in Guardians of the Galaxy...
    - :bluu:

That wasn't the mystery part though, he hinted at another role in 2016 that was going to be "something so big I can’t even talk about because it’s like the merging of brands in a way..."

Looks like the VINPOCALYPSE has already been cancelled though. :(
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
  • BTierBisonBTierBison I am Lord Shiva. Joined: Posts: 918
    That's too far to care about it now and the foreseeable future.
    My PSN is VictorX1. https://www.facebook.com/Trimurti66X1 My theme song: https://youtube.com/watch?v=qFPVWv7X0c4 "To be a good fighter, you must be dangerous, fearless, deadly, unrelenting, threatening, and unpredictable. In essence, be like water, my friend" Bruce Lee. The 4 Cardinal Virtues: Prudence, Justice, Fortitude, and Temperance. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=755532914476914&set=vb.100000606370404&type=2&theater
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,206
    k4polo wrote: »
    Almost everyone knows X-Men Wolverine.

Fixed.

FOX has done an incredibly horrible job introducing audiences to anyone but him, which is why they were stuck giving him the lead in DOTFP.

• ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,664
    I just wonder how many movies Fox/Sony can shit out before they start losing money or ideas.