X-men: Dark Phoenix: (Nov. 2,2018)

Comments

• CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,160
    k4polo wrote: »
    Almost everyone knows X-Men Wolverine.

Fixed.

FOX has done an incredibly horrible job introducing audiences to anyone but him, which is why they were stuck giving him the lead in DOTFP.

• ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,659
    I just wonder how many movies Fox/Sony can shit out before they start losing money or ideas.
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    RockBogart wrote: »

http://comicsalliance.com/fox-simon-kinberg-shared-x-men-fantastic-four-movie-universe/

Kinberg’s writing credits include Mr. and Mrs. Smith, XXX: State of the Union, Jumper, X-Men: The Last Stand and the Robert Downey Jr.-starring Sherlock Holmes. He is also apparently involved in the upcoming Star Wars films.

Guaranteed cable channel movie.

I wonder how much money fox gets when they show those movies on that horrible fx channel.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,608
    Welp, seems like a guaranteed bust now. Guess they thought they had too much good will from First Class.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    jedpossum wrote: »

http://comicsalliance.com/fox-simon-kinberg-shared-x-men-fantastic-four-movie-universe/

Kinberg’s writing credits include Mr. and Mrs. Smith, XXX: State of the Union, Jumper, X-Men: The Last Stand and the Robert Downey Jr.-starring Sherlock Holmes. He is also apparently involved in the upcoming Star Wars films.

Guaranteed cable channel movie.

I wonder how much money fox gets when they show those movies on that horrible fx channel.

what an amazingly horrible line of credits under his name, outside of maybe sherlock holmes. jumper was not good, but it got even worse for me after i read the book and realized how completely ridiculous and left the movie "jumper" was. it would have been a great tv show though. the beginning of the movie was fairly accurate up until post him jumping to japan to surf, and london to fuck. after that it divulged into craziness.

anyways, that apocalypse movie leak posted above sounds like the best they could do with this shitty franchise of movies under fox, and also keep the budget down. maybe they are gonna sneak in onslaught, but who cares, fox's xmen movies make god angry theyre so bad.

i know marvel characters and storylines arent the easiest to adapt to the screen sometimes, but come the fuck on all ready, its not rocket science. i wonder who will be the close to death 58 year old actor they get to play cable. i mean, damn, we couldnt even get good marvel animes. all them shits sucked too, with xmen being the best of the trash heap.

its 2013 and when it comes to watching xmen storylines, id still rather watch the 90s cartoon over anything else. thats so sad.
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Calling FX a horrible channel is fucking ignorant.
  • SaikyoStyleSaikyoStyle Not Sure Joined: Posts: 1,064
    edited December 2013
    CTG wrote: »

FOX has done an incredibly horrible job introducing audiences to anyone but him (Wolverine), which is why they were stuck giving him the lead in DOTFP.

You have no clue what the DOFP story line is do you?
    Move along, Nothing to see here.
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227

Calling FX a horrible channel is fucking ignorant.

Okay, Always Sunny and Sons of Anarchy the channel other than that it's one those movies that are on.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,160
    CTG wrote: »

FOX has done an incredibly horrible job introducing audiences to anyone but him (Wolverine), which is why they were stuck giving him the lead in DOTFP.

You have no clue what the DOFP story line is do you?

So you think Wolverine is the main character in book?

LOL.

• pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    you folks are really up in arms over this shit.

It's a fucking third party making a comic movie.

If marvel fucks up their movies, you don't think fox is going to??

fuck, just take it for what it is, an alternative dimension with similar plot elements.

I wonder if comic book geeks, not nerds, geeks get this pissy when alternative supes kills people or whatever the fuck goes against the grain.

@RockBogart

speaking of supes killing folks, from what comics is that picture you posted where supes was deliviering red justice on all of earth by killing everybody?
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,232
    Earth 2
    It's what the book is called.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I wish this was a reboot with a new director
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,162
    tumblr_lgdlriZfNi1qf8kb8o1_400.gif

smh.....
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=91242

1) Singer will direct it

2) First Class cast will be the main focus of the film.
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • nameingwaynameingway I say thee nay Joined: Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2013
    if anyone can honestly be excited for this movie i'm honestly sorry for you on different levels. obviously this movie will be hot garbo and everyone should know it, so there's that. but yet, if people are still paying to see these fox studio x-men movies, i can't help but think either you love being massively disappointed or are just fucked in the head and what normal people hate, these people love.

first class was a slap in the balls with a blackjack. take your pick.
    blackjack_slapper.jpg
    Remember when First Class was going to be the final coffin nail for the franchise? The thing that would FINALLY convince Fox to give it up as it would be absolute dreck that no one would bother seeing?

Or are we retconning First Class as being horrible now?
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2013
    I liked First Class. But Brian Singer doe......

Matthew Vaughn needs to be brought back
    I liked First Class. But Brian Singer doe......

Matthew Vaughn needs to be brought back

All I'm saying is that there's no point in worrying or whining about it now. Unlike other media, we really don't impact what they're going to do. Best to ignore it, either until release or altogether since you're simply not going to get a complete read on the movie until it's seen in full.
  • nameingwaynameingway I say thee nay Joined: Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    first class wasn't as bad as x3, but the mix and match mutants they used kinda put me off on the entire thing.
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,097 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hidden missiles or gtfo :mad:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,514
    First class was good. They never needed to bring wolvie or the old magneto and prof x into the fold.

Should have just made the movie about magneto hunting all nazis, and recruiting mutants. While Charles goes batshit trying to recruit kids with cerebro.
  • SerpentSerpent Holy Phoenix Joined: Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I've mentioned over the years how much I liked AoA and wanted to see it handled on the big screen. It's tough to write well though, I am rather worried they'll screw it up.

At some point in the future, especially if they screw this up, I plan on writing my own version. Obviously I can't use Marvel characters, but it's the concepts underlying the storyline and some of the great characters we saw that I really like.

Tying it together as a cohesive storyline will be tough, and getting the imagery down is going to be hard too. I really, really liked this event though. Let's all hope they hit this one out of the park.
  • UnreallysticUnreallystic Painyatta Joined: Posts: 13,171
    Damn, Fox was like "We are going in a good direction now!" with First Class...

Then they 'push' the limit by bringing back the old X franchise...now they are just using a wet mop to smear shit all over the little good they did...
    - :bluu:
    edited January 2014
    Not an alien and no possession of Magnus by Apocalypse....

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=39966
    Apocalypse will take place after Days Of Future Past and call on Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy and co., but not, this time, the original cast.

"What happens in this movie brings about what'll happen in that movie," says Singer of the connective tissue between the two.

While that leaves plenty of scope for the First Class crew to battle Apocalypse any time from 1973 on, Singer disavowed two rumours doing the rounds: that the superbad will feature in a Days Of Future Past credits sting, and that it will arrive on Earth to possess Magneto. "That's not the case", he stressed, "and neither will that particular thing be in the film. People were concerned we were making Apocalypse an alien. It's odd. I don't know where that came from." ........

"One thing that interests me is the notion of ancient mutants," explains Singer of the character. "What would people thousands of years ago, without the benefit of science, think mutants were? And more importantly, what would mutants thousands of years ago think they were? Gods? Titans? Angels? Demons? And if such mutants did exist thousands of years ago, what became of them? Did one survive?"

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hope is slowly being restored...... but if this shit doesnt have cable... man.... :mad:
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• SerpentSerpent Holy Phoenix Joined: Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The more I read about this the more it sounds like it will suck. I don't like comic book movies anymore and don't even bother watching them. I've been very vocal in the past about how much I loved AoA. But unless that director that actually copies comics is handling it (300, Sin City, etc.) it will just be something new and probably sucky.

Imagine if LOTR wasn't actually about hobbits or destroying a ring, but was "modernized" and "westernized." Think about how stupid that would be. Imagine if the argument was those books were too old and were for nerds so modern audiences wouldn't like it. But that's exactly the mentality taken for comic books and video games, as if the original source material is inferior to what these hacks come up with. But they are hacks for a reason, if they had the ability to come up with their own material they wouldn't need to steal the name of something more popular. That is why it takes a Peter Jackson, someone who is secure with their own ability, to be faithful to the source material and still add so much to the movies to be universally praised and heralded for it, without changing things mindlessly.

Is Singer that level? I do not know, I am not a movie buff. I barely even knew he was directing this movie or writing the screen play.
    Women always thinking with their pussies.

Anyway, Im sure this will come out around the time Deadpool comes out.......

basically when Hell freezes over.
    There are all these rumored films: X-force, Deadpool, now this...
    None of them have even been greenlit by Fox.
    Just b/c Donner and Tatum want it doesnt mean it will happen so easy.

Plus Tatum cant really carry any kind of film on his own, with the exception of "Step Up" lol....

-Jawaharlal Nehru
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    If Fox is smart and they want to play up on the women audience, make it a Rouge/Gambit movie.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,369
    Ugh Singer needs to stay the fuck away from this franchise, its been a fuck up since the get go
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time