X-men: Dark Phoenix: (Nov. 2,2018)

Comments

• CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,165
    RockBogart wrote: »
    Wolverine and The X-Men>All other Xmen shows.

This..This...
    THIS!!

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,073 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wil wrote: »
    Saw the movie last night.

Storm would get it all day.

Did you get a small commercial right before the movie featuring the Storm actress(Alex Shipp) telling you that the crew worked hard and to enjoy the movie?
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,791
    Didn't really have interest in this movie, but I might get out to see it tomorrow now that it's out. From you guys' experience, if I liked Days of Future Past, will I like this?
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2016
    Apoc was really bad. Who the hell told this guy that he was supposed start off speaking in a low pedophile like voice and then go into yelling with autotune? Every dialogue he had was him screaming about nonsense. Why can't Singer think of a better way to portray Apoc instead of the generic "i awoke from my sleep, i will yell to everybody how i will destroy the world, and then get my ass kicked by teen amateurs".

I agree with Dangerous J on the whole "Hero/Mentor" worship the X-kids did on Mystique. That was really silly and it's one of the things that will really bug the hell out of you through out the movie, especially if you grew up with the X-men like i did during the 90's. I think this factor, along with how silly and lame apoc was is the reason why I have to put BvS over this. BvS just got me bored but this movie got me seriously pissed off, bored, and exhausted (the whole CG orgy at the end was just too much to watch). Mystique had so much boring scenes as well, she just ran around nagging and recruiting mutants.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol, jlaw always on barbiturates. how did you think she's able to "act" in those movies? lolololol
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,077
    edited May 2016
    Civil War 9/10
    Deadpool 8.5/10
    XMA 7.5
    BatmanVSupes 6/10

For me:

#1- Deadpool 10/10- They couldn't have done it any better.

#2- Civil War 9.5/10- Awesome all-around.

#3- X-Men Apocalypse 7/10- Had problems but, still good where it counts.

#4- Batman Vs Superman 4/10- Mess of a movie. Spider-Man 3 all over again. Tried to cram in too much, pissed away potential for future movies with these stories done right, etc, etc. Had some cool scenes for sure but, those handful of moments didn't make up for the rest of it. DC should be embarrassed that their would-be, flagship franchise-builder, turned out this sloppy.

axeman61 wrote: »
    Didn't really have interest in this movie, but I might get out to see it tomorrow now that it's out. From you guys' experience, if I liked Days of Future Past, will I like this?

If you liked past X-Men movies, and are especially an X-Men fan, you'll like this movie i believe. Where you'll rank it among previous movies? I dunno.

Days of Future Past was definitely better though.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,972 mod
    edited May 2016
    For the record, Cyclops had Jean Grey, Emma Frost, and friggin' Psylocke....

Psylocke!!

*snip*
    If you count teen Cyke, he also almost got it on with X-23 (who's canonically prettier than Jean).
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jennifer Lawrence definetly needs to give this franchise a rest. The trailers already gave us a sneak peek on how annoyingly self-entitled she would be, and the movie itself pretty much drove the point home with a sledgehammer. Her attempts to hog the spotlight are just laughable. Her obvious ploys to avoid the blue body makeup is as subtle as a hippo dancing ballet in a room full of fine china. Rebecca Romjin had no trouble at all being in full character paint in 95% of her scenes in the original trilogy, why does J Law get a pass?

Her character is also annoying as shit? Why is she viewed as a heroine? She might have stopped Mags in DOFP, sure, but she was about to undo all that by killing Trask, needing Xavier to talk her out of it. Then all she does in this movie is be preachy and not even doing anything useful.

AXE HER NOW
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,881
    Sounds like a writers problem to me
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,086
    Sounds like a writers problem to me

Eh, it goes higher up than writing. The writing is being influenced by the likely edict of giving JLaw top billing and basically revolving the franchise around her. As much as we all want her to go away, Fox is probably on bended knee offering her a blank check begging her to stay.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    JLaw has a huge ego and is essentially impossible to work with, she thought doning the blue would hurt her marketability.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,505
    "In this hilarious video from MTV, each of the young mutants from "X-Men: Apocalypse" share what's been bothering them at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters."

Why "X-Men: Apocalypse" Changed Nightcrawler's Look

"One thing I wanted to bring to the character that wasn't in the original Nightcrawler makeup from was, if you look at the comic books, he looks feline in the way that he stands and with his tail and yellow eyes and the way the ears are shaped," he tells The Hollywood Reporter. "That wasn't an obvious feature in the original interpretation."

Morot also said they had to change the color of Nightcrawler's skin from "X2." "Alan was a gray-black in the original movie, and they had a problem lighting him," he said. "So we had to make sure Nightcrawler's look was camera-friendly. But they didn't want him to look painted. So we had to come up with a skin that was not the same as the other blue characters; he had to look somewhat different."

Another significant change: In "X2," Nightcrawler's tail couldn't move, but for "Apocalypse" Morot designed a LEGO-like 6-foot flexible appendage for Smit-McPhee.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/why-x-men-apocalypse-changed-nightcrawlers-look

"Deadpool" Reused Footage From "X-Men: The Last Stand"

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,990
    The main problem with Batman v Superman is that is not loyal at all to the characters or the message these characters have always been supposed to represent. Batman's a complete douche and Superman is puny Jesus; don't even get me started with the terrible Luthor they created...

Deadpool, Civil War, X-Men... they might have flaws, but the characters and the messages are at least there...
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,877
    jae hoon wrote: »
    JLaw has a huge ego and is essentially impossible to work with, she thought doning the blue would hurt her marketability.

Well, that and she just thinks things should always go her way and that unless she's getting like Robert Downey Jr. money/billing/credit, she's being discriminated against since she's pretty much an SJW. And it's like sorry, but you are nowhere near Robert Downey Jr.
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    LivewireX wrote: »

Well, that and she just thinks things should always go her way and that unless she's getting like Robert Downey Jr. money/billing/credit, she's being discriminated against since she's pretty much an SJW. And it's like sorry, but you are nowhere near Robert Downey Jr.

She also has an Oscar, which pretty much gives her Hollywood street cred and leverage everywhere.
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,243
    edited May 2016

I disagree only because you used SJW.

OT but where did it come from that being a social justice warrior is an insult to people......fighting for social justice???

Shit don't even make sense. Same thing with people using politically correct wrong. Someone isn't PC just because they don't want people to be disgusting assholes.

These 2 things need to go die in a fire with the swiftness
    Post edited by MOB712 on
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Who else laughed when Logan ran off?
  • The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    And one more thing
    - who put so much Gaara in my En Sabah Nur? So many sand coffins and sand burials

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

I'm glad it didn't suck.

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,919
    edited May 2016
    I just saw it. It was okay. I enjoyed it for the most part. It's not as good as First Class and DOFP. It's much better than Batman V Superman. Although that movie was a shit show, that isn't saying much. Side note: I have yet to see Michael Fassbender be bad in anything. Dude is godlike.
    Post edited by Darc Requiem on
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 590
    I have yet to see Michael Fassbender be bad in anything. Dude is godlike.
    This reminded me that he was in the awful Jonah Hex movie and was the only part of that movie worth watching.

• LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,877
    Lantis wrote: »

She also has an Oscar, which pretty much gives her Hollywood street cred and leverage everywhere.

Yeah, but by that logic, every single person/band in the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame has super cred in the rock industry despite a ton of them being nowhere close to rock acts, lol.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    - Not a fan of Prof X getting wasted on the psychic plane by Apoc
    I didn't like that either. Ever since I saw the trailer I knew there was going to be an Astral Plane battle, but I wasn't expecting Xavier to get BTFO. I thought it was going to be a team effort of Xavier beating him up on the Astral Plane while everybody else beat him up physically.
    - Not a big fan of Sinister because he never fights. He's just a biochemist who plans shit and escapes.
    When I saw that Apocalypse was asleep and buried since ancient Egypt until the 80s, I figured that left no room for him to wake up in the 1800s to turn Nathaniel Essex into Sinister. Then the after credits happened and I soiled myself. Thinking more about it, the Morlocks and Sinister were introduced in this movie and Gambit will be getting a movie too. That doesn't sound good for the Morlocks.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,981
    I liked it

I loved the weapon x killing being their fault

I loved how op jean was. I liked the action

McAvoy, isaac, and magneto carried the movie

• AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Wil wrote: »
    • Captain America: Civil War 9/10 - Had problems but still good where it counts
    • Deadpool 8/10 - Had problems but still good where it counts
    • X-Men: Apocalypse 7/10 - Had problems but still good where it counts
    • Batman v Superman - 4/10 - Had problems but still shit where it counts

LOL! Yeah Batman Vs Superman was a huge pile a crap w/a few cool scenes. That's about it.

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 25,990
    People finally getting tired of Fox's shit?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,990
    With a 3-day holiday weekend in its corner, X-Men: Apocalypse will only earn $65 million domestically [$78 million across 4-days]. That's a disappointing figure when compared to Batman v Superman's $166 million and Captain America: Civil War's $179.1 million. This figure is also way down from Days of Future Past's $110.6 million opening weekend gross.[/b]
    LOL, the X-Men franchise never aspired to earn as much as the MCU or Batman movies.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,981
    They always need wolverine
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,073 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Someone who advocates BVS and fights mods over it tooth and nail should not throw stones.

Jimmy1200 missed his calling in life.

He should have started the terrorist organization called NLF- NIGGA LIBERATION FRONT!

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,485
    As long as the X-Men don't get absorbed into the campy-as-fuck MCU, I can put up with FOX.
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,818
    It was during a holiday weekend and the same day that new alice movie came out. Idk why (yes I do) why y'all care so much about how much a movie makes like you're getting a cut of it.
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 25,990
    Poor bait attempt.

4.5/10
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10