Japan Thread: The population really is declining for SRK Japan.

Comments

• EastEast Break Through Joined: Posts: 901
    Hey, sf head here. Just joined the meet up group. I was interested in learning bb. You guys know any good spots in Chiba or Tokyo [i live in tsudanuma] for beginners in bb? Any help would be appreciated!
  • RoddyRoddy Count Blankula Joined: Posts: 112
    Hello there. I'm Roddy and I've been living in Shiga for 4 months. I have played SSFIVAE a little bit on my XBOX360 before moving to Japan and would like to start playing again. I got myself a PS3 and there are some things I'm trying to figure right now. To start with, what kind of internet connection should I go for? Right now I'm using a friend's wifi, but I don't think it will be enough if I wanna play online. Also, any good game centers for USFIV around here? I'm living in Otsu, 15 minutes by JR from Kyoto station.
  • IparryUIparryU LoL Addict... Joined: Posts: 766
    Roddy wrote: »
    Hello there. I'm Roddy and I've been living in Shiga for 4 months. I have played SSFIVAE a little bit on my XBOX360 before moving to Japan and would like to start playing again. I got myself a PS3 and there are some things I'm trying to figure right now. To start with, what kind of internet connection should I go for? Right now I'm using a friend's wifi, but I don't think it will be enough if I wanna play online. Also, any good game centers for USFIV around here? I'm living in Otsu, 15 minutes by JR from Kyoto station.

Howdy there. For internet I have Hikari fiber at my place in Nishi-Tokyo. The lowest you should go is Yahoo BB. You also need to ask your landlord to see what they can get at the building you are in.
  • RoddyRoddy Count Blankula Joined: Posts: 112
    I just checked and yeah, I can get Hikari here, so probably that's what I'm gonna get. How's PSN for Ultra? Should I expect a lot of lag?
    Roddy wrote: »
    I just checked and yeah, I can get Hikari here, so probably that's what I'm gonna get. How's PSN for Ultra? Should I expect a lot of lag?
    You should be all good. I strongly recommend connecting via cable and NOT wireless.
    East wrote: »
    Hey, sf head here. Just joined the meet up group. I was interested in learning bb. You guys know any good spots in Chiba or Tokyo [i live in tsudanuma] for beginners in bb? Any help would be appreciated!

Missed ypu post sry! I am not into BB... But i will ask around for you!
  • roundaboutroundabout Joined: Posts: 2
    edited August 2014
    Hi. Been in Japan for more or less 2 years. I used to be a competitive Tekken player a few years back, then switched over to SF4 since coming over to Japan.

Would love to meet some new people, and do some online or preferably offline sessions.

(ps3) psn: swissflexcity
    roundabout wrote: »
    Hi. Been in Japan for more or less 2 years. I used to be a competitive Tekken player a few years back, then switched over to SF4 since coming over to Japan.

Would love to meet some new people, and do some online or preferably offline sessions.

(ps3) psn: swissflexcity

Hey man, the group I meet up with has a really good Tekken player and I play USF4, 3S, CVS2 and GGxrd (very newbish...). We also kick it before and after we go to the arcades to talk strat, politics, whatever. Drinks are always invloved though... but feel free to come out!

http://www.meetup.com/ThrowBack/
  • roundaboutroundabout Joined: Posts: 2
    nice. I'm pretty much booked all August, but I'll try to show up once September kicks in.

I don't play Tekken anymore, only ae2012.
    Gonna get a copy of USF4 over the weekend and get some hours in.
    roundabout wrote: »
    nice. I'm pretty much booked all August, but I'll try to show up once September kicks in.

I don't play Tekken anymore, only ae2012.
    Gonna get a copy of USF4 over the weekend and get some hours in.

I just bought USF4 last night and got some games it. By the time the dl finished and what not, i had drank my time away and it was almost 0200... so only a few. I played in the arcade a lot, but I got some good games in and practiced a few things that I couldn't do at the arcade.

See you around.
  • Talim_JPTalim_JP Talim Practioner Joined: Posts: 99
    Got the full digital versions of USFIV on my 360 and PS3 now.
    Haven't felt like playin them (yet).

Soul Calibur playa since 3/27/03- SCII hit JP Xbox.
    Talim and Talim ONLY playa.
    SC playa to the end.

Hopin for a new SC game w/Talim; now playin PS3/4 and arcade Miku Project DIVA gamez.
    Talim_JP wrote: »
    Got the full digital versions of USFIV on my 360 and PS3 now.
    Haven't felt like playin them (yet).
    I have been on it since the release the other night... pretty good so far. I am actaully likeing juri the best ATM.
    Glad you're happy w/it, from what I've seen it looks pretty good.

Guess SC (II) is my game and where my heart is but we'll see what happens.
    10+ years of (playin) history and the time needed to learn a new game weigh heavily.
    With SCII fixed and in my arcade again made a big difference although there's only playas there on Fri nights.

On vacation but haven't played any gamez, have been puttin a time into archery (modern recurve) and hope to get some cyclin down once the typhoon passes.

USFIV news:
    Vacation costume sets out next Tues.
    There was a small update (move properties where changed but it wasn't a re-balance patch) yesterday.

SC playa to the end.

Hopin for a new SC game w/Talim; now playin PS3/4 and arcade Miku Project DIVA gamez.
  • ProuddiscipleProuddisciple Looking for games in or around Abilene, Texas Joined: Posts: 165
    Been playing USF4 on PSN add ProudDisciple and ProudDiscipleBB for some games
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ProudDisciple
    ProudDisciple on XBL and PSN currently in Japan
  • Ral92Ral92 XBL-T2A Ral PSN-Ral1LK Joined: Posts: 12
    Hey guys! So I'm going to be studying abroad in Nagasaki at the Nagasaki University of Foreign Studies for this fall semester. I'll be there from Sept.14-Jan.6 so I was just curious if anyone knows about a Nagasaki FGC scene there. I would love to meet up with anyone who is over there and hit up the arcades. I'm also going to try and visit Fukuoka on some weekends since I've heard some real strong players go there to play.

I mainly play USF4 but I also play UNIEL, BB, and KOF13.

Thanks!
  • ZMangzZMangz (のヮの) Joined: Posts: 246
    sup, anyone still post here? i just moved into kyoto for study abroad. looking to chill and get in some usf4 or gg. don't have any of my systems with me though.
  • tribaLtribaL すいっぴ。 Joined: Posts: 230
    Hey all. I introduced myself to this group about 3-years ago when I moved to Tokyo, but I was completely busy with work and never had time to play.

I will be changing my job soon and my work/life balance will be changing; therefore, I will be getting more time to play. Actually, I'll be working for a video game company in Shinjuku, so I'll be really close to Taito station all the time.

Hopefully, I'll be more active on here as well.

By the way, I think I remember you Talim_JP. I also played SC for several years under this same name and often commented in the forums (8wr and sc.com).
    edited September 2014
    Yep, one and the same, nice to see ya again!
    My thread in 8WR is still goin (was on SC.com till it was taken down).

Tried a little SFIV and decided that ya I'm stayin w/SC only till the end.
    Now on SCII HD Online, PS3 and 360 (US version of the game), cause Talim's not in SCV.
    10+ years of Talim and SC under my belt (SCII-SCIV).

I also go to Akihabara Try Tower Amusement (arcade) on Fri nights (they have SCII and SCIIAE) where you'll find me on the SCII machine- 2 gamez for 100 Yen baby!

The EVO champ (God of Pad) prac'd at my place before going to SCR (got 2nd) and EVO (got first man!) in SCII HD.
    Many of the old greats also hit Try on Fridays (Dekka Cho, Chyomo, KT Voldo, HK, Ushi etc).

Congrats on the new job and if you are down for some SCII let me know.
    Post edited by Talim_JP on
    SC playa to the end.

• jeopardy0jeopardy0 Joined: Posts: 42
    visiting tokyo + kyoto + osaka from october 22-28. when's marvel?
    tribaL wrote: »
    Hey all. I introduced myself to this group about 3-years ago when I moved to Tokyo, but I was completely busy with work and never had time to play.

I will be changing my job soon and my work/life balance will be changing; therefore, I will be getting more time to play. Actually, I'll be working for a video game company in Shinjuku, so I'll be really close to Taito station all the time.

Hopefully, I'll be more active on here as well.

By the way, I think I remember you Talim_JP. I also played SC for several years under this same name and often commented in the forums (8wr and sc.com).

Yup i remember you dude.

I will be in Shinjuku tonight with some friends for some drinkin and gamin... come along if you want.
    What time are you going? I'm still at my old company now (I don't start until oct. 14th) so my hours are still rough now. But if I can manage to get out at a decent time, I might swing by.
    Ill be there at 1830, but everyone else will come around 1930ish and we'll be out till 21 or 22
    edited September 2014
    Ahhh, I can't wait to have a normal work life. I won't get out until 8pm at the earliest. Still, I'll try to go out that way.
    just hit me up when/if you are coming down.
    In on my way now from azabujuban. I'll probably get there at 8:40. Be on the look-out for a bald white guy in a dress shirt.
    tribaL is legit ya'll! GGS man!
    Hahaha! Nahhh! After that I went to Taito station. I won a few against the lower level guys and held my own against the better players; couldn't win a game against them though.

Nishikin, kyabetsu, and Burio (my friend) were there and handing people there asses. Now THOSE guys are legit.

GG's though man! I hope to see you again soon (at a much earlier time than today).
    Hahaha! Nahhh! After that I went to Taito station. I won a few against the lower level guys and held my own against the better players; couldn't win a game against them though.

Nishikin, kyabetsu, and Burio (my friend) were there and handing people there asses. Now THOSE guys are legit.

GG's though man! I hope to see you again soon (at a much earlier time than today).

Hey, we are going out to Takadanobaba this week. And this time I wont have such a time restraint....
    http://www.meetup.com/ThrowBack/
    This Friday I won't be able to do. I'll be at the Game Show for business day all day.
    This Friday I won't be able to do. I'll be at the Game Show for business day all day.
    Man I was hoping you would come dude! You so lucky you get to go to GDC though...

I wanted to go to the UFC tomorrow, but I have my kids coming over...
    FYI for anyone in Tokyo down to drink and game!
    http://www.meetup.com/ThrowBack/events/209209572/
    I'd like to go, but it's not possible to change my plans at the last second. I
  • 2BAD4U2BAD4U Joined: Posts: 259
    Hi, I'm a USF4 player and I'm in Osaka right now for 4-day vacation, anywhere near I can go for some ass kicking?
  • CobraKaiCobraKai Joined: Posts: 584
    Hey guys ill be in Japan again.. but wheres the strongest USF4 competition in Osaka ?

• ProuddiscipleProuddisciple Looking for games in or around Abilene, Texas Joined: Posts: 165
    Im at yokota air base and mainly play online, anyone done for some games on XB1?
    I will be grinding out on GGXRD since it is out on PS3!

I will also be going to Mikado next week to tear it up too, will post details on the event later!
    edited January 2015
    Next tuesday!

https://www.facebook.com/ThrowBackTokyo
    www.meetup.com/ThrowBack/events/219848010/
    Anyone pick up the Smash for Wii U?
    Hey everyone, me and my friend just got GG XRD -SIGN- for PS3 and we are going to grind some games out. This is for the Japan scene and we will be on the Tokyo server.

For more info/PSN ID/etc. Check out these pages:
    http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6419-japan-thread-otakus-unite/page-3

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/9907025#Comment_9907025

https://www.facebook.com/ThrowBackTokyo
  • Zyx WhitewindZyx Whitewind Joined: Posts: 140
    Wow, you guys are still here. It's been a few years since I looked at this forum. I wonder if Iparryu remembers me at all. It seems the planets may have finally alligned for me after all these years and I may try to get to Evo for the first time. Problem is I haven't really been playing fighting games much in the last few years. Good news is I have some time to catch up and new games to try. I just picked up GG Xrd (I have no idea how to play this game) and am waiting for Tekken 7 to be released. Was playing Ultra and TT2 off and on for the last few years, but I think I got worse. :persevere: Still here in Nagoya though. Anyone ever get to Evo before?
    PSN: Zyx_Whitewind
    SFV: Chun, Rashid USF4: Guy, SCV: Aeon
    Tekken 6/ TT2: Feng Wei, Leo, Zafina
    UMVC3: Spider-man, Taskmaster, X-23
    Jyanken: Rock