Japan Thread: The population really is declining for SRK Japan.

Comments

• ProuddiscipleProuddisciple Looking for games in or around Abilene, Texas Joined: Posts: 165
    Ill be playing some Halo 5 tonight if anyone is interested in getting some games.

Add ProudDisciple and message me with SRK
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ProudDisciple
    ProudDisciple on XBL and PSN currently in Japan
  • Talim_JPTalim_JP Talim Practioner Joined: Posts: 99
    edited December 2015
    Have been busy & haven't gamed much recently (work, gym, archery, カラオケ, sleep).

Mad at Bungie for no coop in Halo 5 so don't play it (I'll watch my son play). Only want to play Battlefront w/my son (& he's busy).
    So that leaves USFIV for me to prac to get ready for SFV. Hope to get some bread & butter down in that so I can go online.

Now w/some SC news comin (hopefully soon) we'll have to see. If there's a new SC fighter w/Talim in it then you know where I'll be.
    Post edited by Talim_JP on
    Soul Calibur playa since 3/27/03- SCII hit JP Xbox.
    Talim and Talim ONLY playa.
    SC playa to the end.

Hopin for a new SC game w/Talim; now playin PS3/4 and arcade Miku Project DIVA gamez.
    SC playa to the end.

Hopin for a new SC game w/Talim; now playin PS3/4 and arcade Miku Project DIVA gamez.
  • -=KOH=--=KOH=- In Japan Joined: Posts: 1,571
    I'm in Japan. Whats good.
    All the way in the back of the food stamp line.
    edited January 2016
    Welcome to the island!

I start work on 6th and already have plans for tomorrow.
    Everyone's New Year's vacation is comin to a close this week.

Have to work the next 20 some dayz w/no day off and haven't practiced USFIV enough to even go online or play in the arcade...
    If we met somewhere in Tokyo I'd have to be some evening and I'd need to not stay out too late (cause I have to get up at 4AM or earlier).
    Shinjuku or Aki are easy for me to get to and go home from.
    Shinjuku has Club Sega and Taito while Aki has Club Sega and Taito Hey (I haven't been in any of them recently so don't know how the USFIV action is though).
    And ya, get ready for loud noise (I wear earplugs) and cig smoke (I don't like it but got more used to it from workin/livin here, haha).

Did get the Borderlands Collection for XB1 so me and my son can get some split screen co-op down.

Also am gettin a PS2 to PS4 Brooks converter (we'll see if it works w/my MAS) and Paradise OBS-MX buttons for one of my sticks.
    SC playa to the end.

• RenoReno ↑ Maggy Joined: Posts: 854 mod
    On PSN I've made a community group called Japan Fighters for easier matchmaking. SF5 isn't out yet so I can't set it as the main game but if you look for communities under DOA5FR you should be able to find it.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/itsumobasho
    SF5: Bison, Necalli
    VF5FS: Taka-arashi
    Soulcalibur V: Leixia, Astaroth
    OK, I'll join up.

Will need some (re alotta) prac time before I'm ready for online gamez (SF is a new dog for me).
    Will have my online set to 5 bar only when I do get on so power up your Net people!
    SC playa to the end.

• IparryUIparryU LoL Addict... Joined: Posts: 766
    Well, i will be on SFV on steam. Add IparryU!
    PS4 here.
    TalimJP
    SC playa to the end.

• SCOTT POPULARSCOTT POPULAR Exciting!!! Joined: Posts: 919
    SFV PIZZA PARTY THIS WEEKEND IN TOKYO.
    WE HAVE ABOUT 20 people signed-up for the event at the moment!
    The more the merrier!!!!
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/207062/frb-street-fighter-v-pizza-party#latest
    :cool: www.scottpopular.blogspot.com :cool:
    Since I'm totally new to the series I need some prac time before I'm ready for real blood.

Hope to hit you up next time for some pizza and gamez!
    SC playa to the end.

• Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 385
    Hello!
    I'm going to Tokyo for a day trip at the beginning of March. I'm hoping to visit Mikado and find a PS4 Arcade stick (TE2+ or VLX - they're crazy expensive here in Korea, like $400-$500 because of import charges). Could anyone recommend a place to go?

Thank you!
    Best place for sticks would probably be someplace in Akihabra. Yodobashi Camera (opposite the Electric Town side) probably has the most choices- & think it's duty free so take your passport.
    GL & let us know how your stay & shopping go.
    SC playa to the end.

Yodobashi Camera & Bic Camera are big electronic store chains so you can find them in many parts of the city- Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ikebukuro etc.
    SC playa to the end.

Excellent. Thank you very much!
  • faiyezfaiyez Notorious Heretic Joined: Posts: 197
    So I'm going to Japan soon. This may be a long shot, but is anybody aware of an upcoming arcade-related event or perhaps a loketest for anything during the second half of March? Right now I only know of Dengeki spring festival, which would be right up my alley, except for the fact that I can't make it.

My guess is probably not to expect to get that lucky, in which case I do already know where to find the arcades in Shinjuku/Akiba. This is my first time in Japan and my main purpose is to travel the country and I don't think I'll hole up in an arcade for more than a day or two.

Also, can anyone be bothered to explain how the arcade player cards work? You know, the ones that load your profile and rank. I'm wondering if I should have my own, if just for the novelty.
    I was/am an arcade SC playa so I'll help you relating to that.
    Usually comps at the arcade are on Sat & Sun. I'm sure if you go to a big arcade there will be good playas so you'll have fun & be challenged regardless (course evenings, are best).
    I don't know anything about the cards, course in the arcades is SFIV only.
    The cards are maybe ¥500 so I'd prob be a good souvenir for you if you want to pick one up.
    SC playa to the end.

• shinku1shinku1 i lick my lolipop Joined: Posts: 167
    so ive been in japan for over a year now. was wondering if there are any players in the Kansai region. looking for tourneys and hang outs etc. ie Kobe / Osaka / Kyoto.

i play sf5 and i promise i dont suck. please pm me and/or add me on psn. shinku1

of course im sure you guys are all in tokyo but my days off suck and assuming it all goes down Saturdays. which also tokyo is far from kansai :(
    PSN: shinkukid
    SFV: main Ryu, cammy, gief, karin (id shinku1)
    USF4: main ryu, akuma, cammy, seth;
    umvc3: magneto, doc doom, strider
    ssb melee: marth, fox, sheik, falco
    tt2: jin n pau
    tek7: jin
    Talim_JP wrote: »
    Best place for sticks would probably be someplace in Akihabra. Yodobashi Camera (opposite the Electric Town side) probably has the most choices- & think it's duty free so take your passport.
    GL & let us know how your stay & shopping go.

Got my stick at Yodobashi Camera. Saved almost $200 by buying it in Japan. So thanks for your help!
  • faiyezfaiyez Notorious Heretic Joined: Posts: 197
    Talim_JP wrote: »
    The cards are maybe ¥500 so I'd prob be a good souvenir for you if you want to pick one up.

Okay so I stumbled on Jiyuna's guide on getting started with a Nesica card. The registration is more convoluted than I thought, although the post is old and who knows if the process has changed since then. For example, the link to register for each Nesica-enabled game is dead.
    edited March 2016
    shinku 1- In Osaka went to an arcade called Kohatsu for SC comps in the dayz.
    I know Heart Nana is down there, check out the arcades in your area. You might get lucky & meet somebody.

Angry Abel- Glad to help.

faiyez- Ya they don't make it easy.
    Google Translate is your friend.

All- I've been thinkin (big mistake, haha). I've decided I'm a SC or nothin man so am off the SF (didn't do it much anyways) & now play SCIIHD only.

I'll still be here to help in anyway I can.
    SC playa to the end.

i appreciate the advice talim, but after google i haven't really found anything concrete based of your recommendations (biblethump). as for arcades i know of game taito but they have usf4 and im hoping i can find some kinda of place where everyone playing sf5.
    shinku1 wrote: »
    so ive been in japan for over a year now. was wondering if there are any players in the Kansai region. looking for tourneys and hang outs etc. ie Kobe / Osaka / Kyoto.

i play sf5 and i promise i dont suck. please pm me and/or add me on psn. shinku1

of course im sure you guys are all in tokyo but my days off suck and assuming it all goes down Saturdays. which also tokyo is far from kansai :(

Don't know about Kobe or Kyoto but in Osaka there's a new gaming bar called Cross-Up that just opened and they're running mainly fighters on their systems. Their twitter is account is here: https://twitter.com/CROSS__UP
    There's also a monthly/bi-monthly tourney called Mixup Night in Nipponbashi (Denden Town) that starts at midnight and ends at 5am. Works well if you can play all night or have an easy way to get home if you feel tired. Mixup Night's twitter is here: https://twitter.com/mix_up_night. My PSN is the same as my name on this forum so you can add me, just lemme know you're from SRK cuz I get a ton of requests due to my short username :/

Thanks Reno!

Sorry I'm off SFV so you'll only find me on PS3 SCIIHD.
    SC playa to the end.

Reno wrote: »

Don't know about Kobe or Kyoto but in Osaka there's a new gaming bar called Cross-Up that just opened and they're running mainly fighters on their systems. Their twitter is account is here: https://twitter.com/CROSS__UP
    There's also a monthly/bi-monthly tourney called Mixup Night in Nipponbashi (Denden Town) that starts at midnight and ends at 5am. Works well if you can play all night or have an easy way to get home if you feel tired. Mixup Night's twitter is here: https://twitter.com/mix_up_night. My PSN is the same as my name on this forum so you can add me, just lemme know you're from SRK cuz I get a ton of requests due to my short username :/

wow thank you so much!!! i was seriously beginning to loose hope lol!!
  • Zyx WhitewindZyx Whitewind Joined: Posts: 140
    Guess there isn't going to be an arcade edition for SFV. Barely played this game yet, need training partners. :pensive:
    PSN: Zyx_Whitewind
    SFV: Chun, Rashid USF4: Guy, SCV: Aeon
    Tekken 6/ TT2: Feng Wei, Leo, Zafina
    UMVC3: Spider-man, Taskmaster, X-23
    Jyanken: Rock
    Sony got consle exclusivity for SFV, no arcade edition coming.
    SC playa to the end.

Reno wrote: »

wow thank you so much!!! i was seriously beginning to loose hope lol!!

One more bar just opened up, called Taisen Game Bar 236, here's their twitter account, https://twitter.com/gamebar236
    They're around the same area as Cross Up bar so if that place is full you can go to the other one and vice versa, but keep in mind that 236 does board games/retro games as well so it's not a full on fighting game bar like Cross Up.
  • elirameliram Joined: Posts: 2
    hello, anyone happens to know what are the main arcades for Guilty Gear and Blazblue in nagoya?
    Sorry, I'm in the Tokyo area so don't know.
    & Reno is in the Osaka area.
    SC playa to the end.

• Zyx WhitewindZyx Whitewind Joined: Posts: 140
    eliram wrote: »
    hello, anyone happens to know what are the main arcades for Guilty Gear and Blazblue in nagoya?

Hey, I'm from Nagoya. They have tournaments in Urban Square arcade in Osu. Look for the whiteboard calendar outside by the Denny's entrance. I'm pretty sure I saw Guilty Gear on it once or twice at least.
    PSN: Zyx_Whitewind
    SFV: Chun, Rashid USF4: Guy, SCV: Aeon
    Tekken 6/ TT2: Feng Wei, Leo, Zafina
    UMVC3: Spider-man, Taskmaster, X-23
    Jyanken: Rock
    Hi, and thanks for helping out!
    SC playa to the end.

• Splackavellie GSplackavellie G Joined: Posts: 7
    Me and some folks staying in shinjuku by okubo station. I got my ps4/3 stick on me. where the games at lol. whats a poppin arcade. I want to play blazblue and guilty. and sf5 locals!
    Shinjuku has a few Club Sega arcades. near the station.
    If you hit Akihabara they have many good arcades as well.
    This site can help you out:
    http://www.mmcafe.com/arcadeguide/index.html
    SC playa to the end.

• Red ReaperRed Reaper Joined: Posts: 9
    Is there a fighting game scene in Sendai?

I am able to study in Sendai or Tokyo, and while Tokyo has a bigger scene (it seems), Sendai has a better research program...
  • HOTJAPGIRLHOTJAPGIRL Joined: Posts: 14
    Any SFV players in Tokyo or Yokosuka? Looking for friends to play with.

Also don't mind my username... It's been three years since I made it, I never thought I would actually get stationed here...
    Sorry I don't know any.

Don't know how many people look at this thread any more.

I'm still waitin for a new Soul Calibur game...

Now playin Miku gamez on my PS4, on Hard mode now (thanks Namco, I'm gettin better and levelin up the more time I have).
    SC playa to the end.

• lionsirkilionsirki Joined: Posts: 12
    Oh wow, i should look in this thread more often. I am stationed in yokosuka but i normally just play tekken 7 at the capcom plaza near base. A couple of people on my ship play sfv but they mostly play online and rarely have offline meets.
    NA PSN: Lionsirki
    JP PSN: Xenasirki

TTT2: Anna/JC, JC/Asuka
    VF5FS: Vanessa
    UMVC3: Laura/Nova/Strange
    3S: Elena
    SSFIV: lol
  • MegamannyMegamanny Joined: Posts: 1,002
    Any facebook groups or stores that have some SF5 setups? I live in the Fussa area and go to Akihabara often for music games. Getting back into SF with 5 after not playing 4 once Ultra came out.

Have a few buddies that play on base with me at Yokota.
  • -=KOH=--=KOH=- In Japan Joined: Posts: 1,571
    I don't know of anywhere that has a sf5 set up. But I'm sure it exists somewhere. I think Ryan saw a bootleg pc cab once somewhere with the game. But I'm guessing you are gonna have to go to weird like console hangout places to play it.
    All the way in the back of the food stamp line.