Pokemon General Discussion Thread - It's Lit(ten)!

Comments

• AjilAjil clumpete flast fy master Joined: Posts: 262 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    level 14, still grinding. have my parents dog for 3 weeks so now I can pretend to have an excuse for my old ass to be walking around the neighborhood at 3 in the morning.
    mvc3: ironman, taskmaster, tron
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,414
    edited July 2016
    Ajil wrote: »
    level 14, still grinding. have my parents dog for 3 weeks so now I can pretend to have an excuse for my old ass to be walking around the neighborhood at 3 in the morning.

Was just out 5 in the morning walking my dog, caught he venimoth and pinsir so I'm cool with it.

Also some tips on battery life, low power mode and place your phone upside down helps a lot.

Also I downloaded the maps from google maps onto my phone and while I'm not quite sure it made a battery difference, my usual mile long walk with my dog has my phone hot as fuck, not the case with the downloaded maps. Also turn off wifi and Bluetooth.

Also did see the change in Pokemon immediately when changing from dark to light. A lot less but more rare ones were in my area, couldn't catch Em though.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think Pokemon Go needs it's own thread. I've never found a Pikachu or Charmander (my starter), so if you NYC peeps know where to locate them please give the info.

• kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,806
    I saved all my pidgeys and used a lucky egg and evolved them all and I jumped from level 12 to level 16 in just 30 mins
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,709 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    kimterran wrote: »
    I saved all my pidgeys and used a lucky egg and evolved them all and I jumped from level 12 to level 16 in just 30 mins

i saw a video on that. good to know.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg Christmas? Bah, humbug! Joined: Posts: 3,959
    PGO is the new age steroids. Gonna get the swollest legs from all these detours I take when out running.
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,240
    Those who desperately want a Pikachu........

If you walk away from the starters at the beginning of the game, they'll keep respawning and Pikachu will eventually join them. You can then catch it as your first Pokemon.

pckhr3a.png

I watched my friend try to do this. But it didn't work. He would try to walk away and his character was just stuck in place where the starters were spawned at.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,401
    edited July 2016
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,332
    edited July 2016
    So how about dat Darkrai coming to Pokken Tournament?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,543
    po pimpus wrote: »

....what?
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective

If you walk away from the starters at the beginning of the game, they'll keep respawning and Pikachu will eventually join them. You can then catch it as your first Pokemon.

pckhr3a.png

I watched my friend try to do this. But it didn't work. He would try to walk away and his character was just stuck in place where the starters were spawned at.

I think they need to respawn 4-5 times, after that Pikachu will appear. Where are the NYC guys? I've been trying to locate Pikachu.
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    All these frauds who laughed and said Pokémon is for kids, downloaded Pokémon GO. Frauds. Anyone who doesn't have any DS Pokémon game should be humiliated!
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,259
    Just waiting for Gardevoir. :coffee:
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • SkullboySkullboy Drinking With Skeletons. Joined: Posts: 12,459
    po pimpus wrote: »

This post seems more appropriate in the Pokken thread
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Caught a 9tales yesterday. Missed out on a hitmonlee though.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

My daughter and I alternate driving and finding Pokemon. It's great quality time for us.
    http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/07/xy12-evolutions-americas-november-base-set-reprint-set

"Ask Professor Oak to get you started, and reach new heights with the Pokémon TCG: XY—Evolutions expansion!"

*Puts on oxygen mask*
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,240
    Zatalcon wrote: »

pckhr3a.png

I think they need to respawn 4-5 times, after that Pikachu will appear. Where are the NYC guys? I've been trying to locate Pikachu.

Yeah that's what I read. But I'm saying that my friend couldn't even get them to go away so they could respawn in the first place. His character was bound inside the same radius that the starters were occupying. The game wouldn't let him walk away.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

Has anybody encountered the game freezing after catching a pokemon?
    I went from the Bronx all the way to Rockefeller center/Nintendo world just to try the Area out and I only got 2 pokemon because they fuckin froze every time the pokemon got in the pokeball. I was assuming this was a server issue but it appeared everybody else around me was ok.

What actually causes this?
  • SkullboySkullboy Drinking With Skeletons. Joined: Posts: 12,459
    I'm assuming it's a server issue. Happening to me too.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)

It fucking sucks. I ran into squirtles and ghastlys' that i could use to level up and some pokemon that i haven't caught yet like Magnemite.
  • KaboXxKaboXx FIGHTING CAT Joined: Posts: 3,963
    Tien Gouki wrote: »
    http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/07/xy12-evolutions-americas-november-base-set-reprint-set

"Ask Professor Oak to get you started, and reach new heights with the Pokémon TCG: XY—Evolutions expansion!"

*Puts on oxygen mask*

Really hoping for a startling megaphone reprint! I want greninka to be good post rotation.
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
    If it freezes after there in the pokeball it should still count as a catch. Check your journal after that.
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    Nothing appears where I am at work, except when I sit at my desk...
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,468
    Pokemon R/B/Y are on sale on the 3DS virtual console right now, in case anyone cares.
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,113
    Naeras wrote: »
    Pokemon R/B/Y are on sale on the 3DS virtual console right now, in case anyone cares.

If you mean the Nintendo store they have been on sale for at least a year already.

Anyways so what happens when you catch all the Pokemon in Pokemon go? Do you fight mewtwo?
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck

I don't think it's a server issue. I've noticed that it never happens when I'm on my home wifi connection. When I'm outside using my cellular network, however, it's a toss up.

• OrehRatiugOrehRatiug Joined: Posts: 157
    You guys get Pokemon in your house? Do you throw up incense or something?
  • AjilAjil clumpete flast fy master Joined: Posts: 262 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    just turn it on once every few minutes and something may pop up. I can only play my tablet on wifi, so I've only used it at my house and my brothers, caught 19 different pokes so far. Scyther and pinsir only somewhat rare ones though. Also for lots of my friends and I the nearby pokemon thing is glitched and always says 3 steps since last night.
    mvc3: ironman, taskmaster, tron
    You gotta walk around to find that nearby Pokemon.

• StockyJamStockyJam My nigga Networkingyuppy Joined: Posts: 5,835
    no one saw the Pokken tourny at Evo?
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,729
    I saw bits of it, but unfortunately kept getting distracted by other games.

I did see a Gard lose to Lucario though, which sucked.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    One of my coworkers jailbroke his iPhone and hacked Pokemon Go. He could fucking walk around at will, catching whatever and going wherever. Who knows what else he could do...

• kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,806
    One of my coworkers jailbroke his iPhone and hacked Pokemon Go. He could fucking walk around at will, catching whatever and going wherever. Who knows what else he could do...

I'm sure nothing cause the servers are down right now
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file