Undamned's USB Decoders (USB to JAMMA, etc.) !

1101112131416»

Comments

• FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,531
    Beatrush wrote: »
    Hi @Undamned, I had a troubleshooting question I was wondering if you could maybe shed some light on

I recently got around to building my Supergun setup using this board http://retroelectronik.com/en/supergun/145-supergun-progamer-arcade-jamma-autofirevoltmeter-included-5674864654514.html I tried using one of your Undamned DB15 USB Decoder with the latest update.

For some reason, every device I tried with it, the top 3 buttons are all fine (p1, p2, p3) but the botton 3 are (k1, blank, coin). k2 is for some reason the home button and k3 is nowhere to be found. I tried to remap the buttons via the instructions in the PDF and it didnt work. I tested this issue on a xbox360 official controller, Madcatz te2+ (ps4 and ps3 mode), Hori Rap3, Brook universal board, ps3 official board, and a madcatz te round 1 for xbox and they all had the same issue.

Any ideas? Do you think it is the supergun board or should I try reinstalling a different firmware from your site? or should I get a UD-USB Decoder and try that?

Got pictures of your setup? Most importantly how you wired up the UD-USB to the Supergun.

The UD-USB doesn't inherently "know" which button is what function; all it actually does is splits the signals from the USB controller; it might just be where you connected things...
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • BeatrushBeatrush The guy who runs the stream Joined: Posts: 1,315
    edited June 24
    @FreedomGundam I am out of town atm but I can post pics tomorrow when I get back

But basically how my setup is atm, I just plugged in the Supergun right into the Pandora's Box 3 board directly, I didnt use a Jamma extension cable.

As for the the Undamned DB15 USB Decoder (https://paradisearcadeshop.com/undamned-usb-decoder/1551-undamned-db15-usb-decoder.html), I just plugged it into the ports on the left hand side of the board http://retroelectronik.com/506-thickbox_default/supergun-progamer-arcade-jamma-autofirevoltmeter-included.jpg

The ports are neo geo compliant with the option to be 6 buttons according to the maker of the board (http://www.retroelectronik.com/img/SNK_NEO_GEO_PAD_JOYSTICK_STANDARD_PINOUT_FR.jpg).
    "Mindgames only work on people who actually use their mind" – Airamae
  • stereomonkeystereomonkey Joined: Posts: 5
    Hi Undamned,

Will Akihabara shop be getting anymore stock of the terminal blocks?
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,531
    @Beatrush
    I just had a look at the pinouts between your Supergun and the UD-USB, and there's a few discrepancies.
    ud-usb.png

That would explain what you're seeing.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • BeatrushBeatrush The guy who runs the stream Joined: Posts: 1,315
    @FreedomGundam Ahhhh good catch, that looks like that is the issue.

Hmmm so I guess the best solution is to rewire a neo geo cable? how difficult is that?
    "Mindgames only work on people who actually use their mind" – Airamae
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,258
    Beatrush wrote: »
    @FreedomGundam Ahhhh good catch, that looks like that is the issue.

Hmmm so I guess the best solution is to rewire a neo geo cable? how difficult is that?

Not really that hard. If you can do basic soldering, its easy peasy lemon squeezy
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • SuperNova_78SuperNova_78 Joined: Posts: 2
    Got the screw terminal version on the way.. I was wondering how i would go about wiring it up to a jamma harness to a Super Gun that a friend and I are building..
  • SuperNova_78SuperNova_78 Joined: Posts: 2
    I think i got it, thanks for your help guys!
  • complexzcomplexz not so fresh Joined: Posts: 2,561
    Hey all, I'm at kinda a loss here as to what's going on with my encoder here.

I am installing the terminal version into my old MAS supernova supergun and as far as I can tell I should be done and good to go but both my start and 1k (short/4) buttons are not working at all. Logically every wire seems to be where it should be, if I remove the 1k wire from the 1k terminal and touch the ground terminal with it, the 1k comes out fine. but screwing the wire into the terminal does nothing. Exactly the issue with the start button, works when touching ground directly, nothing through the terminal on a usb joystick.

I wired the pcb simply by cutting the original controller port wires and running them through the converter on the way to the port. When a supergun stick is connected directly through the port oldschool style all the buttons work fine.

Any help would be super appreciated.

Tested with a hori hrap3 and a brook universal pcb.
    "I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, you will tell the angels in heaven that you had never seen pure evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you"

team wack
    team Interracial hole stretchers
  • jugosojugoso FG enthusiast Joined: Posts: 208
    Has anyone tried a (SNES->USB adapter) that will work with the USB decoders?

My friend has a HORI SNES pad and he'd like to play on a UD-CPS2 with it.