Undamned's USB Decoders (USB to JAMMA, etc.) !

Comments

• jugosojugoso FG enthusiast Joined: Posts: 208
    will this 3p-and-3k feature be available as an update for ud-cps2?
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,686
    jugoso wrote: »
    will this 3p-and-3k feature be available as an update for ud-cps2?
    You misunderstand. I have not added 3p/3k binding/macros. I have simply made 4P/4K/Home button signals available for whatever. You push that button - 1 button signal comes out. Previous discussion from this thread:
    undamned wrote: »
    Would be better for me with 8 buttons that use the shortcuts 3 punch 3 more kicks no problem if not.'s Important is to be ready for sales as soon as I need to run 2 ST in TRETA championship ...
    It doesn't work like that. The 3 punch / 3 kick shortcuts are a function of the game (SFIV, or whatever), not the controller itself. The controller sends one signal for each button and the game program does whatever it does. Yes, I could program that functionality into my converter, but it would only benefit SF players. There are a lot of other games that these will be used with and I'm not going to make special exceptions for every game people want to use them with.

tl;dr - practice pressing 3 buttons at once :D
    -ud
  • stereomonkeystereomonkey Joined: Posts: 5
    Woohoo, very excited on the progress of a new batch.
  • ReioumuReioumu Play Arcana Heart Joined: Posts: 292
    Just prototyped my new supergun with the USB Decoders. Works smoothly with my InPin converter and everything!
    krost89: why play ST when i can mash xfactor
    Reioumu wrote: »
    Just prototyped my new supergun with the USB Decoders. Works smoothly with my InPin converter and everything!
    Sweet! Post pics, if you aren't too embarrassed!

Just a heads up for those who payed last week for their decoders: I wanted to get them built/programmed/tested/shipped last week, but only got as far as building :( New 8 button firmware rev. is ready, so I should be programming/testing tonight (Wed.) and shipping Thurs. Sorry for the holdup!

Firmware Update: I was a bit disappointed to find that due to the way storing Flash memory is handled, I won't be releasing the button map storing feature (where the button mapping stays even after you power off the system) quite yet. It requires erasing a huge chunk of Flash memory to save off even a few bytes. I almost have enough free program space to do it, but not quite. I need to do some clean-up on the firmware and see if I can eek out a little more space and then I can release a firmware update for people to update their units with.
    -ud

• PrinceMurphyPrinceMurphy Joined: Posts: 322
    I wanted to make sure they were gonna be ready to ship before I paid. Is it to late to pay on my invoice?
    I wanted to make sure they were gonna be ready to ship before I paid. Is it to late to pay on my invoice?
    Fire at will, commander.
    -ud
  • TortaTorta A piece of Cake Joined: Posts: 714
    I need some of this in my life. How can i order?
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

KOFXIII: Ash/King/Vice
  • PrinceMurphyPrinceMurphy Joined: Posts: 322
    Order received. Thanks. Pretty self explainitory but was there documentation that was supposed to come with this. I like paper :)
    Order received. Thanks. Pretty self explainitory but was there documentation that was supposed to come with this. I like paper :)
    I have a guide for the 6 button version, but need to make some tweaks for the 8 button one. I'll got ahead and e-mail you the 6 button one for now, as most of the info is applicable to both versions. I'm in dire need of updating udgametech.blogspot.com with info and firmware, but i've just been so busy with other things. @yogaboy has kindly offered to help me with the site, so I just need to provide him with up to date information to put on it.
    -ud
  • HokutoHokuto Eat it raw Joined: Posts: 16
    edited September 2014
    I'm definitely down for a DB-15 batch if there's one, it'll save me work :P
    Fly to the Leaden Sky
  • cruzlink2cruzlink2 Joined: Posts: 1
    Are you still making boards undamned? I would like to purchase 2 of them for my supergun. How would I go about buying them from you?. If they are still available that is.
  • ZEROneZEROne Joined: Posts: 57
    How do I set the custom button mapping?
  • opt2notopt2not Joined: Posts: 44
    cruzlink2 wrote: »
    Are you still making boards undamned? I would like to purchase 2 of them for my supergun. How would I go about buying them from you?. If they are still available that is.

Yeah, me too! I think I should grab a second one off you to go with the beta test version you sent me.
    Even though I've yet to put my SG together... <sigh>
  • alongalong Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi, I am interested to get 1 too
    ZEROne wrote: »
    How do I set the custom button mapping?
    I e-mailed you a manual before you even asked here :) If you missed it somehow, you can also get it in the Downloads section of my blog:

http://udgametech.blogspot.com/

-ud

• Lemony VengeanceLemony Vengeance JAMMA pad hacker Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 463
    Nice project box work, sir! For those of you not in the twittersphere:

-ud

now THAT's what I'm talking about! Any thoughts about releasing one that size without the DB15 for modding purposes? I like PCBs small :)

Also, need testers or buyers? I have a whole slough of people local to me that need to get their windjam on and would rather use their own stick.
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!
    Ask me about my Consolized Naomi!
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714

-ud

Can I just say it's really fucking cool that you know how to make stuff like this? Just the idea of trying to solder that stuff together seems terrifying to me.
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,412
    He uses special machine obviously
  • JedahsMinistryJedahsMinistry BattousaiCV Joined: Posts: 542

-ud

Take my money, please

Gettysburg, PA
    Netplay Poverty - http://www.twitch.tv/randomalt
    X-Men COTA and stuff - http://www.youtube.com/user/BattousaiCV
    Blurbs about games - http://twitter.com/BattousaiCV
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 478
    Wow, that's just.. God Damn it, undamned!
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
  • Lemony VengeanceLemony Vengeance JAMMA pad hacker Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 463
    now, here's the question.. Deep connectors for direct AES Use?

*grin*
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,486
    Da~amn. I need to get myself some of those.

Honestly, I don't even need the DB-15 nor the USB jack soldered in. I just want the super-tiny PCB. :D
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    Any thoughts about releasing one that size without the DB15 for modding purposes? I like PCBs small :)
    Honestly, I don't even need the DB-15 nor the USB jack soldered in. I just want the super-tiny PCB. :D
    Sure! And ditching the connectors/hood/faceplate will shave off some cost, too. You can't see it in the photo, but there's a bootloader switch on the bottom that could also be removed (and located elsewhere; it is necessary for firmware update) or at least have the tall actuator trimmed down.
    Also, need testers or buyers? I have a whole slough of people local to me that need to get their windjam on and would rather use their own stick.
    Not really. The circuit is proven and it uses the same firmware as everything else (UD-CPS2, UD-USB Decoder terminal strip). I'll let everyone know when they are ready for consumption :D
    now, here's the question.. Deep connectors for direct AES Use?

*grin*
    Read the OP, son:
    Future:

I'll also be offering a DB-15 version shortly after I get the Terminal Block version shipping. And after that, a super great NEO GEO version (no you can't shove the DB-15 version into your NEO GEO)! Prices will go up on these versions as they will be fully encased and require more labor to assemble.
    Yet a different version. No ETA on that, but like the DB15 version I've had prototypes for about a year and just need to iron out some remaining items.
    -ud
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    I wonder if I'd be able to wire up switch on my Sega Blast City cabs where it switches between the usual wiring use of the sticks on the cabinets and with the switch would allow USB support for people's personal sticks.
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    LOL Brian! I knew it'd be possible. I was just bringing up the possibility and thinking about how it would be done. :-)

Hmm.... So I'd still have to split my wiring that goes from game board or I/O board to the control panel wiring. What about power though, does it require a 5v line on one of the pins?
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
    edited October 2014
    Pin 11 in the blast city cp harness is 5v, just what UD's board needs :smiley:

You could also re crimp the wire connectors for the AMPUP connector to have 2 wires each. One wire for each button/direction, and the other for the UD-USB PCB.
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!
    Pin 11 in the blast city cp harness is 5v, just what UD's board needs :smiley:

I don't have the original Molex connectors in the control panel as they weren't there when I got 2 of the 3 cabs, but yeah the confirmation that it's 5V is all I needed to know. I assumed it would be a 5V but wanted confirmation. This is solid news though. I will mos def get at least 4 off you @undamned when they're available.
    If you need any help bringing the cab back to stock with the original amp.up connectors lemme know. I have a few harnesses in the works. The Sega Blast City is kinda my thing. :smiley:
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!
    If you need any help bringing the cab back to stock with the original amp.up connectors lemme know. I have a few harnesses in the works. The Sega Blast City is kinda my thing. :smiley:

I appreciate the offer and will keep in mind. If you want to see details on what I've done to refurb, check out my post on AO which I assume you must be a member of.

Any other info please PM me, I don't want to get too off topic on @Undamned 's thread. :-)
  • SolminSolmin Joined: Posts: 160
    Man, sooo nice! Awesome work! can't wait for the release :) well maybe I can since I already picked up 2 gen
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,513
    I need to buy some bare bone decoders off you. Is the tiny version ready for sale?
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • system256system256 Joined: Posts: 10
    Gummo wrote: »
    I need to buy some bare bone decoders off you. Is the tiny version ready for sale?

Same here.
    Ordering more boards this week, guys. Sorry for the holdup :(
    -ud
  • TortaTorta A piece of Cake Joined: Posts: 714
    Vamos :D
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

KOFXIII: Ash/King/Vice
  • HokutoHokuto Eat it raw Joined: Posts: 16
    I'm so eager for the converters, and I don't even have my supergun yet lol.
    Fly to the Leaden Sky
  • system256system256 Joined: Posts: 10
    How can we order this?