Undamned's USB Decoders (USB to JAMMA, etc.) !

Comments

• undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,686
    The waiting list isn't too bad, right now. I have parts coming in for 200 pieces of each flavor (Screw Terminal and D15). There's a few online stores ready to carry them, so once I've got those units built up, I'll just point you guys to those stores and you can order from them.
    -ud
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,485
    undamned wrote: »
    The waiting list isn't too bad, right now. I have parts coming in for 200 pieces of each flavor (Screw Terminal and D15). There's a few online stores ready to carry them, so once I've got those units built up, I'll just point you guys to those stores and you can order from them.
    -ud
    Wait, you're saying I didn't need to sacrifice those goats for you? I couldn't find any virgins...
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,311
    -ud
    Wait, you're saying I didn't need to sacrifice those goats for you? I couldn't find any virgins...
    I killed Virgins, like 72 of them. So would that get me bumped up the list.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • aoiddraoiddr Joined: Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    -ud

I'd like to be put on the wait list. Mitsurugi-w totally sold me on one of these when he showed it off in his Sega JVS I/O Helper PCB videos on the Neo-Geo's forums.
  • totoroslayertotoroslayer Joined: Posts: 77
    -ud

I'd love to be put on the list as well.
  • IglooBobIglooBob Bob the builder Joined: Posts: 4,039
    I'd like to be on the waiting list if there still is one! Or if not and they're being sold in stores somewhere, please point me in the right direction.
  • phaedrusphaedrus Joined: Posts: 818
    system256 wrote: »
    How can we order this?

The fun answer:
    @undamned‌ puts our names in a lottery draw based on how many goats, virgins, or virgin goats we've sacrificed in his honor; and if your name gets picked, you get the privilege of participating in a WipeOut/AmericanGladiators-style battle to compete for the right to purchase one.

I myself have been training hard for the battle while waiting for my name to get drawn. I was only able to find regular goats to sacrifice, though.

I bathe in virgins blood so i got that covered or would i need the actual virgins? I typically feed them to the dragon once they are drained but i can get a couple i suppose.
    7 button is trap.
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346
    You call your dong "The Dragon" too, huh? Small world.
  • Rswest12Rswest12 Joined: Posts: 1
    I have got to get in on this list business.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,811
    Well, I'l just check to see how UD's business is...

...and I think I'll stay in the dark.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    edited December 2014
    I don't know where these guys get their ideas of what appeals to me. Reminds me of the prophets of Baal (fools cutting themselves and whatnot to no avail).
    -ud
  • Half-RoHalf-Ro Omae wa mo shinderu.... Joined: Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Thank for the board Undamned, got it in the mail yesterday! After I finish up this dc test project, I am definitely interested in 3 more. :)
    NENDO wrote: »
    You call your dong "The Dragon" too, huh? Small world.

Mine called Captain Happy, who he lives next door to the Testy brothers.
  • RoboKrikitRoboKrikit nuclear Joined: Posts: 1,943
    Mine is called Walter Peck. He lives next to Peter and Ray, who claim he doesn't exist.
    Hey @undamned, pretty sure this hasn't been asked: while you've had new hardware revisions for the UD-USB, has there been any update to the firmware to support more devices?
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
  • Lemony VengeanceLemony Vengeance JAMMA pad hacker Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 463
    now THAT is an elegant solution, and hopefully much less than the tototek extension cables ($16 shipped via slow boat)?
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!
    Ask me about my Consolized Naomi!
    now THAT is an elegant solution, and hopefully much less than the tototek extension cables ($16 shipped via slow boat)?
    It's looking like I can do $15 for the Neo adapter. The DB15 version USB decoder is only $40, so if your intention is to use it on your Neo, it's only $55 for the complete solution.
    -ud
    What was the reason that we can't just plug the UD-USB into a Neo again? Was it a technical limitation, or more of just a physical one?

Looking for:
  • ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2014
    1. Can the decoder force a certain USB polling rate (e.g., 500 Hz, 1000 Hz) to minimize input lag?
    2. Can we expect dummy-ready solutions for using Xbox360/PS3 controllers in the PS2 and older consoles in general? :) If so, I'd imagine that a good idea would be to support that RJ-45 pinout used with the McCthulhu and PS360+ so that the player can simply switch cables...
    3. Is it realistic to expect this converter to introduce minimal input lag (e.g., 2 ms)?

Thanks! ^^
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
    ShinMagus wrote: »
    1. Can the decoder force a certain USB polling rate (e.g., 500 Hz, 1000 Hz) to minimize input lag?
    It does. Right now it's set to 1ms polling.
    2. Can we expect dummy-ready solutions for using Xbox360/PS3 controllers in the PS2 and older consoles in general? :) If so, I'd imagine that a good idea would be to support that RJ-45 pinout used with the McCthulhu and PS360+ so that the player can simply switch cables...
    Not on my to-do list, but certainly a fun idea :D
    3. Is it realistic to expect this converter to introduce minimal input lag (e.g., 2 ms)?
    Yes, but it's hard to say how much time it actually takes. Running MC Cthulhu, the entire process (from button press to output change) is 2ms, so the decoding time is something something less than that.
    -ud
  • RufusRufus An unexpected database error has occurred. Joined: Posts: 1,966
    Yes, but it's hard to say how much time it actually takes. Running MC Cthulhu, the entire process (from button press to output change) is 2ms, so the decoding time is something something less than that.
    -ud

IIRC the prototypes I tested on the oscilloscope were running at USB polling + 0.5 ms or so.
    Hitboxes http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/HDR/
    "You don't know what you're talking about as much as I do." -- Unknown
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346

This would be nice.

For now you can just wire an MC Cthulhu directly to my board. Done. No soldering required.
    -ud
    Here Video of my wiring a Undammed USB encoder to a SNES controller PCB.
    Wiring the USB encoder to a Cthulhu would be also possible.

• system256system256 Joined: Posts: 10
    Any chance for preorder in 2025 ?
    edited January 2015
    armi0024 wrote: »
    I have a mighty big box from UD to open and get on the website today... EXCITING NEW YEAR!
    Hopefully they got there unscathed It was a big & heavy box!
    Screw Terminal version is already available. More circuit boards for DB15 version should be in this week. I'll post up when those are built.
    -ud
    armi0024 wrote: »
    I have a mighty big box from UD to open and get on the website today... EXCITING NEW YEAR!
    Hopefully they got there unscathed It was a big & heavy box!
    Screw Terminal version is already available. More circuit boards for DB15 version should be in this week. I'll post up when those are built.
    -ud

Thanks UD, so is there a link for ordering?

• FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    When can you drop off 2 of these with no screw terminals over at my place? :-) I'm excited to get them installed. PM me.
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
    edited January 2015
    -ud

Thanks UD, so is there a link for ordering?

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/1491-undamned-usb-decoder.html

Firmware update cables (USB A Male - A Male) and extension kits (for easier panel mounting) are not up yet, but there's the Screw Terminal version Decoder itself.
    -ud
    Post edited by undamned on
    I guess screw version is too complicated for noobs like me. Will definitely go for the new one, please let me know when it comes out :D

• Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,357
    @system256‌ - You could always throw one of these on it, then its a simple point to point wiring job ;-)

female-1.png

https://www.jasenscustoms.com/Solderless-Female-DB-15-Connector.html
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    edited January 2015
    Just got a bunch of the DB-15 versions of the UD-USB, albeit sans DB-15.
    These things are super-tiny! Can't wait to use them in cool places.

Still looking forward to some firmware updates to add support for even more devices. The last I recall from months ago, the Hori Fighting Commander 3 (both Pro and non-Pro versions) was a little buggy with the UD-USB.

Looking for:

Still looking forward to some firmware updates to add support for even more devices. The last I recall from months ago, the Hori Fighting Commander 3 (both Pro and non-Pro versions) was a little buggy with the UD-USB.

how many goats/virgins did you sacrifice at last?

how many goats/virgins did you sacrifice at last?
    They are old board design and would not work for you (they don't even have connectors or case). They are perfect for modding, though :D I'll make more of those "mini" boards available available soon (esp. for @Gummo!).
    -ud
    I just clicked on the link to the UD-USBs at Paradise Arcade Shop, and for some reason, looked at the new documentation.
    Pretty sweet, the 8-button version; I like the addition of the player-LED feature.
    I'll probably need to get my hands on one of those down the line as well. :D

Looking for:
    I just clicked on the link to the UD-USBs at Paradise Arcade Shop, and for some reason, looked at the new documentation.
    Pretty sweet, the 8-button version; I like the addition of the player-LED feature.
    I'll probably need to get my hands on one of those down the line as well. :D
    Actually the mini PCBs you have do support that feature, just via solder blobs rather than 0.100" jumpers. I'll send you a labeled photo, as there was no way to fit all that on the silk screen.

In other news, I built up a couple of the latest DB15 PCB revision over the weekend and they work fine, so yay for not breaking anything when making changes :D I'll likely have a large batch being assembled later this week and then off to Paradise Arcade Shop.

For those of you who want just the mini decoders (what's inside the DB15 version) without the connectors & case to use for modding projects, just shoot me a PM and I'll get a list going.
    -ud