1202122232426»

Comments

• forest31forest31 No throw break! Joined: Posts: 752
    edited December 2014
    we close for the holidays.

For how long?
    youtube.com/user/ForestTekkenVideos
  • karlsson95karlsson95 Always pick a top tier Joined: Posts: 60
    Is there an SFxT disc at Gonq? I have every costume pack except the one that requires an SFxT save file

There will be some Hakantopus and Kappa Honda tonight
    XBL: Silfver Surfer
  • taidai1338taidai1338 Salt Mine Foreman Joined: Posts: 61
    I'll bring my full setup. got xrd but no sin though (he takes too goddamn long to unlock).
    karlsson95 wrote: »
    Is there an SFxT disc at Gonq?
    pretty sure i've seen one or two around, might need some industrial cleaner to get all the dust off of it
    I made you a combo, but I dropped it.

PSN/Steam: Taidai1338
  • MrSparkmanMrSparkman Joined: Posts: 13
    I'll bring my ps3. I have Xrd with dlc and other anime games. I can't bring my moniter though.
    Also I have a copy of sfxt on xbox that someone can borrow for costumes.
    "America typically has horrible defense, so break the trend and learn to block scrub!" - Shtkn's Ky Beginner Guide
  • TheRealDaddy-OTheRealDaddy-O Keepin' it classy Joined: Posts: 333
    edited December 2014
    @Forest: We will be closed next week because of Christmas.

@Joey: We have a copy of SFxT at Gonq. If it's missing, I'll bring my copy sometime.

@David: Thanks a lot, that'll help!

We also have another Ultra and Xrd setup thanks to Andy and Scott. Thanks guys!
    I'm looking for someone to start setting up while I run out to update the consoles. Please shoot me a message if you're free at 4.
    Why do birds suddenly appear
    Every time you are near?
    Just like me, they long to be
    Close to you
    This is a reminder that Gonq will be closed next week. Happy holidays.
    Every time you are near?
    Close to you
  • HashHash Running in the 90's Joined: Posts: 358
    The gonq miracle never happen
  • HotToyHotToy Joined: Posts: 103
    Hash wrote: »
    The gonq miracle never happen
    Did it?
    I thought gonq got us monitors
  • bankshotv2bankshotv2 Say Goodnight! Joined: Posts: 173
    It was really great to see you all again, until next time.
  • Elliott SpookElliott Spook E-Tier Joined: Posts: 767
    edited December 2014
    Taskmaster/Dormammu/She Hulk
    Hugo/Necro/Ryu/Oro/Remy/Sean
  • familymanfamilyman 魔奴義亞 Joined: Posts: 694
    merry xmas ottawa fgc, stay fray
    I may not be the best player in town, but i sure am the person who talks the most trash
    familymansrk@twitter.com
    edited December 2014
    Merry Christmas.
    Good luck out there in the boxing day lines tonight, familyman.

And is 40% off usf4 the best deal on steam or has it been lower?
    Post edited by HotToy on
  • RickyTseRickyTse Living the Dream Joined: Posts: 99
    edited December 2014
    Due to popular community response Ottawa Christmas New Years?? Miracle may happen at a latter date. I'm working a lot now so the days are pretty set and it's going to have to be a 5pm start date with dinner at 6pm. Right now it looks like the available dates are: Saturday Dec. 27, Sunday Dec. 28, Tues. Dec 30, and Thursday Jan 1. (New Years Day). There is a poll for what day works best: http://strawpoll.me/3270376

I believe that Gonq is going to be shut down for New Years so this could be an opportunity to get some games in on Fight Night

A New Years Day date opens up the whole day for me. But, may or may not affect those with families.

Also, I'll throw it out there that my roommates are out of town and wont be back until the first few days of January so we can degen if a day comes up that everyone is free.
    Post edited by RickyTse on
    ~Kingsley
    RickyTse wrote: »
    Due to popular community response Ottawa Christmas New Years?? Miracle may happen at a latter date. I'm working a lot now so the days are pretty set and it's going to have to be a 5pm start date with dinner at 6pm. Right now it looks like the available dates are: Saturday Dec. 27, Sunday Dec. 28, Tues. Dec 30, and Thursday Jan 1. (New Years Day). There is a poll for what day works best: http://strawpoll.me/3270376

I believe that Gonq is going to be shut down for New Years so this could be an opportunity to get some games in on Fight Night

A New Years Day date opens up the whole day for me. But, may or may not affect those with families.

Also, I'll throw it out there that my roommates are out of town and wont be back until the first few days of January so we can degen if a day comes up that everyone is free.
    thats nice, how can we reach u if we have questions or simply just wanna talk some shit?
    I may not be the best player in town, but i sure am the person who talks the most trash
    familymansrk@twitter.com
    familyman wrote: »

thats nice, how can we reach u if we have questions or simply just wanna talk some shit?

613-825-1391

[/quote]

My cell number is 613-915-2994
    ~Kingsley

My cell number is 613-915-2994
    [/quote]
    word
    familymansrk@twitter.com
    I'm good for Tuesday or New Years Day
    Every time you are near?
    Close to you
    edited December 2014
    As of right now it's looking like it's going to be on Tuesday. Let me know if there are any questions. I would also appreciate it if you could give me a text letting me know that you are coming so I can have a better idea of what size of turkey to get. Also, since I'll be free New Years I could host if people just wanted to get together for that :)

I'll send out a mass text to those whose phone numbers I have
    ~Kingsley
    edited December 2014
    RE-Announcement:

Ottawa FGC Miracle!!

What is happening:

Christmas New Years potluck for the Ottawa FGC at my house! This is happening This Thursday (New Years Day) There will be setups and space for people to set up. All of you are welcome.

I'll be buying and cooking a turkey (I might do a ham too depending on how many of you are coming). You guys will have to coordinate together to bring the rest of the food.

Excluding grocery store runs I will be home all day so you are free to come over anytime after 10am. Let me know what time works best for all of you for dinner to start. Something to keep in mind is that the closer diner is to when people arrive the warmer the food will be. Other than the space in the oven the turkey is taking up you can use the kitchen. Games will be going on all day.

My roommates are all away for the holidays so we can degen. For anyone planing on drinking I'm buying a case of beer for everyone after that it's BYOB. I'm up for beer pong if any of you are.

Like always bring a stick. A bunch of the stuff from Gonq should be here.

Here's a list of what we need for the dinner:
    The earlier you call dibs on what you are bringing the better chances of you getting it.

Sides:

Cranberry sauce
    Cheese/Fruit Tray
    Diner Rolls
    Gravy
    Mashed potatoes
    Salad
    Stuffing

Veggies -carrots, peas, corn (cream and other), squash, turnip, green beans, broccoli ect.
    (I have a bunch of frozen veggies if we end up needing some)

Deserts:
    Pie
    Cake
    Cookies

If there is anything I missed that would make the dinner better let me know and you can bring it.
    Yang is bring drinks, paper plates, and utensils.
    Holiday sweaters are fun.

If you have any questions text my cell at 613-915-2994
    ~Kingsley
  • HashHash Running in the 90's Joined: Posts: 358
  • karlsson95karlsson95 Always pick a top tier Joined: Posts: 60
    I should be able to bring a pumpkin pie
    XBL: Silfver Surfer
    karlsson95 wrote: »
    I should be able to bring a pumpkin pie

Great!
    ~Kingsley
    Any requests?
    My address is 29 Southview Crescent for anyone who hasn't been here yet. It's by Merivale and Meadowlands
    ~Kingsley
    on behalf of the dallas cowboys and tony romo would like to thank kinglsey for a great gather, good host, great cook, bad street fighter. the degen was stronk last night. James is no longer king, he is shit, hold dat
    213x3001.jpg
    familymansrk@twitter.com
    edited January 2015
    Thank you Kingsley!

Also, if anyone needs USF4 for 360 I have one I trade you for $25. Its brand new, unopened.
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,353
    So if anyone's interested in playing some GG I'm definitely down to host every now and then. Works got me working literally every Thursday so I won't be coming out to the gonq much going forward, but i'd still like to get some practice to just PM me if you're down and ill send you my details and shit.
    why yal still posting here?
    familymansrk@twitter.com
  • JensineJensine Acid Raindrops Joined: Posts: 576

cause some scrub made the 2015 thread and nobody wants to support shitposting like that
    XBL: Jensine SRK
    Jensine wrote: »

cause some scrub made the 2015 thread and nobody wants to support shitposting like that
    exposed
    familymansrk@twitter.com
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,353
    Lol, forgot it was 2015.
  • rafman1649errafman1649er Joined: Posts: 71
    i was wondering who is the top tier in xrd right now?
  • taidai1338taidai1338 Salt Mine Foreman Joined: Posts: 61
    edited January 2015

you'd probably be better off asking in the ottawa thread at dustloop since the anime guys rarely use srk. From what i've seen though there isn't really a glaringly amazing character yet, just a couple that seem stronger than the others

link for ya
    I made you a combo, but I dropped it.

PSN/Steam: Taidai1338
  • EssayEssay And there was oki. Joined: Posts: 142
    taidai1338 wrote: »

you'd probably be better off asking in the ottawa thread at dustloop since the anime guys rarely use srk. From what i've seen though there isn't really a glaringly amazing character yet, just a couple that seem stronger than the others

link for ya

Of course, I'm not much of an "anime guy", so here's the latest tierlist I was seeing retweeted yesterday reguarding top-level play in Japan:
    S: MI ZA RA FA EL
    A: SO IN VE SI KY CH
    B: other
    C: SL AX PO
    Not Sure: LE
    Left > Right

Those "others" in the B tier would be Bedman and May.
    XBL: Northofself || PSN: RadicalEssay || Twitter: RadicalSA
  • rafman1649errafman1649er Joined: Posts: 71
    hey Scott can you post links for where i can find vids for Japanese matches?
  • EssayEssay And there was oki. Joined: Posts: 142
    hey Scott can you post links for where i can find vids for Japanese matches?

Goldenrody's channel is the go-to on YouTube, mostly mirroring videos from Nico-Nico (the annoying Japanese video site that requires registration, and doesn't let you skip forward until vids load).

A lot of top players play in A-cho arcade as well, which has its own YouTube channel. Run a search on its page for "Xrd" whenever you want to check out vids; just be warned that you don't have Goldenrody's English annotations, so you have to hunt and skim for what you want.

Also, not match videos, but Mark of the Gear's channel now mirrors a lot of good Xrd combo videos from Nico and is worth keeping an eye on.
    XBL: Northofself || PSN: RadicalEssay || Twitter: RadicalSA