Calgary Thread 2014

Comments

• GandzGandz Andy B Joined: Posts: 315
    edited January 2014
    These guys are fucking hilarious... 'So defensive, Tokido so defensive!'

• thebestthebest #electricboogaloo Joined: Posts: 8,529
    I made a new years resolution to only buy a new game after i beat one...

This started by creating a spreadsheet, which then sparked an idea that I should create a points based system that calculates off of system and genre completed, which resulted in the idea make a web app instead.
    Now i'm making database schemas to allow other people to potentially use it.

How did I get here?
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,275
    edited January 2014
    god thats a new years resolution i should do as well. except that i should probably finish all my unfinished games before i get a new one.

that means i should be looking at getting a new game sometime next year...
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
  • fogerfoger lame is good Joined: Posts: 5,661
    my new years resolution 2 years ago was to not make new years resolutions and just do things

i have successfully done that :D
  • derrykderryk mister science brain Joined: Posts: 4,807
    It took me damn near 2 days to download my steam collection on my new PC.

If I stuck to that resolution no new games for me for at least a year or so lol
  • street11street11 Slayer-san Joined: Posts: 5,236
    I know I'm like 2 days late, but Happy freakin New Years!

Which tournament are you talking about FakeSteve?
    XBL: street121
    PSN: street121 (Can), hooperbel, hoop121 (U)
    "...by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
  • KilleyKilley Game Over Yeeeaaaahhhhh Joined: Posts: 5,556
    Adam what was that SF comic character you linked to saying that was the possible 5th character to USF4. It was one of Bison's Dolls that had a Vega-like mask and claw. The more hints Ono drops the close that becomes a reality. :(
    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
  • InfilInfil una catástrofe con una pelota de beisbol Joined: Posts: 8,615
    Dang, would have put money on it actually being Nilin but I guess that's out now. Suddenly I don't care at all about the reveal.
    Visit my Complete Killer Instinct Guide! Learn everything you wanted to know about the game. Every mechanic and character discussed with embedded video examples!
  • derrykderryk mister science brain Joined: Posts: 4,807
    if it was nilin or whatever my give-o-fuck-o-meter would have plummeted astronomically, to the point of not even caring about ultra.
  • Nos99Nos99 Science Scrub Joined: Posts: 4,651
    Her name is Decapre.

Decapre___Cammy_Mod_for_SFIV_by_IceBreakker.png

She was in a SFA3 intro pose (for Juli? Juni? I forget)
    that will be so gay.
  • TMNTempsTMNTemps brozhear Joined: Posts: 4,188
    ehh who knows maybe she'll have a cool playstyle
    GGXrd - Sol // SFV - Ken
    SFV Ken Okizeme Lessons
    I would love for Juni to be the new doll. Her movelist was awesome.

Cannon Drill - charge move, and could be done in the air(!)
    Cannon Spike - flash kick motion
    Cannon Strike - basically Cammy's divekick
    Teleport - like Yang's
    SPD - 360 motion
    Hooligan Roll - if grabbed close to the ground or vs airborne it did like 25% damage
    Pushblock (wtf?!)- 3 punches
    Spin drive smasher super - super flashkick motion
    Psycho Streak super - bison teleports onto the screen out of nowhere and does a super psycho crusher

In dramatic mode she also had a move that charged her meter (like Thor), a tag team super, and a raging demon lol
  • VanillaVanilla Combo into jab pizza slice Joined: Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Evil Ryu turned out pretty cool. Evil Cammy will be alright too

• Aminel1Aminel1 Aladeen. Joined: Posts: 1,169
    edited January 2014
    Wow canny with a mask oh joy. Btw Dave you'll never win your money back. NEVER

Edit: oh and face bring your Pokemon to dickens. I'm if training a squirtle honedge and looking to get a female raltz for my team. I'm thinking Charizard blastoise ageslash gardevoir raichu and one more though I have no idea who to put for my sixth. Hook up some thoughts.
  • Shanghai KidShanghai Kid Joined: Posts: 2,261
    Nos99 wrote: »
    She was in a SFA3 intro pose (for Juli? Juni? I forget)

Yeah. That part really bugs me. "Fighting game debut" my ass. Stupid Capcom doesn't know their own games.
    edited January 2014
    i could hook you up with some pokes amin. i might have a female ralts too or at least i could get one easily.

btw you need to add my friend code.

edit: why does this site delete your sig if you edit a post?

0232 8273 2994
  • ImagineVCImagineVC open your mind Joined: Posts: 5,037
    first few nerfs to ken so far from what i'm reading on twitter,

he can only dp, fadc after the first hit on block but from the sounds of it, he can still FADC after the second hit on hit

he doesn't have kara EX air tatsu as an escape anymore.
    i think that's perfectly fair.
    although this nerf only applies when his jump is still in it's upwards trajectory, he still has kara EX air tatsu when his jump is going on the downwards trajectory.
  • DirgesongDirgesong YOGA SURPRISE! Joined: Posts: 2,591
    Hey xbowners. If youre looking for a KI TE2 stick I just saw one at best buy in deerfoot meadows. Fyi
    edited January 2014
    Looks like I half-broke my stick shell when trying to fix a bad wiring :(
    My Qanba carried me a long way. I still need to fix wires lol
    "...by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
  • TheKaiten7TheKaiten7 Joined: Posts: 1,828
    anyone want to jump on and help me try my new connection later tonight?
  • JimmypotatoJimmypotato Joined: Posts: 922
    Dirgesong wrote: »
    Hey xbowners. If youre looking for a KI TE2 stick I just saw one at best buy in deerfoot meadows. Fyi

good thing it's so far away or I would probably go get it lol, still gonna try making one for around $100 I think,
    How are you gonna do it Jimmy? I'm curious! :)
  • MisguidedAngelMisguidedAngel Greetings, mortal! Joined: Posts: 5,194
    good thing it's so far away or I would probably go get it lol, still gonna try making one for around $100 I think,

I think every Best Buy probably has one right now. I saw one at the downtown location yesterday. Took all my skills not to buy it...

• JimmypotatoJimmypotato Joined: Posts: 922
    How are you gonna do it Jimmy? I'm curious! :)

duct tape and chicken wire :) lol

actually just like this sly basterd here.

i just need to figure out where he soldered his ground wire on the pcb, and the ohm resister thing for the trigger buttons. But it honestly doesn't look that bad to figure out. Might just gut one of my injustice sticks for the case too, I dunno, still on the fence about going for it 100%. But I think it would be fun to figure out.
    edited January 2014
    beware building sticks is more expensive than just buying them in my experience, unless you pilfer a bunch of parts from other stuff or get them for free or whatever.

dunno if this website has xbox one pcbs, but i used this site a lot building my sticks.

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_wiring.html

tbh i cant imagine that it would be too hard to find somewhere for the ground wire esp if it is common ground. grounding each button seperately is a massive pain in the ass believe me.
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,582
    edited January 2014
    Nevermind
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
  • Shanghai KidShanghai Kid Joined: Posts: 2,261
    edited January 2014
    Dallas played the Guile Theme song after a hockey fight. Awesome.

something about blindly throwing your fist at a dude wearing a helmet still doesn't settle with me, that probably hurts yourself more than anything
    It's that time again bros!
    AGDQ begins once again!

Everything is at: http://gamesdonequick.com/ as well
  • Deanus EnvyDeanus Envy Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey peps, what's the scene like here in Calgary? I have pretty much just been an online warrior (pretty bad) my whole life besides mashing cvs2 with like 4 other guys when I was in HS/uni. I've got some free time during the evenings now and was hoping I could get some real matches in!

Are there weeklies somewhere? What games do people play? Is there a BBCP scene here? I'd like to play BBCP or VSAV, but would be very willing to learn 3s or GG if people play. Also I guess I could start playing sf4 again if I had to.
    Hey peps, what's the scene like here in Calgary? I have pretty much just been an online warrior (pretty bad) my whole life besides mashing cvs2 with like 4 other guys when I was in HS/uni. I've got some free time during the evenings now and was hoping I could get some real matches in!

Are there weeklies somewhere? What games do people play? Is there a BBCP scene here? I'd like to play BBCP or VSAV, but would be very willing to learn 3s or GG if people play. Also I guess I could start playing sf4 again if I had to.

theres meetups at tubby dog on wed and also at dickens pub every sunday. i cant speak for the BB scene but im always up or playing some vampire i usually bring my xbox with me to dickens that has it on there as well as some skullgirls and MVC3.

i would say the main games are sf4 and marvel, theres a GG scene somewhere as well but they arent at dickens often.
    people often dont show up at dickens till a bit later in the day (like 4-5 onwards) but im usually willing to head down a little earlier if i know someone else is gonna be there.

so who is actually going to dickens today and at what time? gonna bring my 3ds with me for pokemans.
  • zakkyzakky rawr Joined: Posts: 1,340
    I think Miller and I are going to be there early-ish to play Magic and some board games.
    edited January 2014
    I can play GG, but I cannot teach. But I'm willing to play the game, along with some other games such as SF4/KOF/SFxT/SC5/Mahvel. I'm also looking into learning TTT2/maaaaaybe BBCP/maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe DOA5. It's just that I just don't have the time to learn :(

I'll be at Dickens at around 6. I can bring a setup, but I cannot bring a stick as it doesn't work right now.

To add to the scenes evilweevle already mentioned, there's also UofC FGCC that goes on every Thursday from 6-10pm (idk if it starts this week or next week, but I'm pretty sure there will be one next Thursday). They usually play BB, Marvel and KOF, along with GG and, at a very rare occasion, SC5.
    What time will ppl be at dickens. I can bring a few sticks.
    Aminel1 wrote: »
    What time will ppl be at dickens. I can bring a few sticks.

what time can you get there?
  • zakkyzakky rawr Joined: Posts: 1,340
    We'll be there around 1:30
    Whenever Dave
    k well ill probs aim to be there about 3-3.30 then
  • frnzyfrnzy OG scrub. Joined: Posts: 160
    I'll be down 230-3
    SteamID: frnzy

add me and play some Deejay!
    Oh what? Simon's comin. I'll be there around 3ish too
  • Deanus EnvyDeanus Envy Joined: Posts: 2
    street11 wrote: »
    I can play GG, but I cannot teach. But I'm willing to play the game, along with some other games such as SF4/KOF/SFxT/SC5/Mahvel. I'm also looking into learning TTT2/maaaaaybe BBCP/maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe DOA5. It's just that I just don't have the time to learn :(

I'll be at Dickens at around 6. I can bring a setup, but I cannot bring a stick as it doesn't work right now.

To add to the scenes evilweevle already mentioned, there's also UofC FGCC that goes on every Thursday from 6-10pm (idk if it starts this week or next week, but I'm pretty sure there will be one next Thursday). They usually play BB, Marvel and KOF, along with GG and, at a very rare occasion, SC5.

Good to hear people play GG! I can pick stuff up from dustloop and I'm not completely new to asw games so I wouldn't really need to rely on anyone to teach. I had a copy of #reload back in the day and have AC+ but no one to play with haha.

I won't be able to make it today but I'll try for next week if people are around. I've also got a disc copy of BBCP I could bring if people want to play.
    edited January 2014
    Then I recommend you check out the FGCC meetup @ the university if you have time on Thursdays. You'll find several guys willing to play GG, and are all really good. There are a few BBCP players as well.

They have a facebook page in which they'll post the meetup date & time:
    https://www.facebook.com/FGCC.Page

I'll be more than happy to play GG with you next Sunday if you make it :)
  • FAN XDFAN XD Joined: Posts: 482
    headin down to dickens soon hope to see u guys there.

XBL/PSN: KawoXD
    I got a korean stick for you daniel..

Most obnoxious stick evar.
    Is it for xbox or PS3?

Why is it obnoxious lol?
  • BadtouchVBadtouchV Pick a top tier. Joined: Posts: 182
    Me and Allen are thinking of heading over. He needs more time chamber haha.
    SSF4:AE - Cody / Guy
    P4A - Akihiko / Narukami
    Injustice - Shazam / Green Lantern
    MvC3 - Wolverine, Doctor Doom, Vergil
  • KilleyKilley Game Over Yeeeaaaahhhhh Joined: Posts: 5,556
    I got a korean stick for you daniel..

Most obnoxious stick evar.

Is it because the buttons are small? I remember playing on a Korean Vanilla SF4 cab in Hawaii and I really hated how small the buttons were.
    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
    No gate at all, and blinding LEDs everywhere. Not exactly comfortable
  • RazorRazor razorsuKe Joined: Posts: 287 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    HOLY SHIT!!! That "accident" outside dick's last night was actually a police chase from Coral Springs.
    The cops rammed the car at that intersection.

If we parked any closer... we could have been screeeeeewed

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/three-arrested-after-chase-1.1619129