Calgary Thread 2014

Comments

• InfilInfil una catástrofe con una pelota de beisbol Joined: Posts: 8,629
    the "no need to enter a rebuttal" was very honest, the rest I'll leave up to you guys and your finely-honed mental gymnastics to decide
    Visit my Complete Killer Instinct Guide! Learn everything you wanted to know about the game. Every mechanic and character discussed with embedded video examples!
  • bboysanstormbboysanstorm Phong Cách Cọp Joined: Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    zakky wrote: »
    So who all is entering the feminist debate tourney at Canada Cup?

Winner gets a book of Gertrude Stein poetry.

LOL

sh1t cracks me up.
    SangerBanger 4D... xbl: sangief17
    www.youtube.com/Team4thDimension
  • blackaddeblackadde Don't let me down! Joined: Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dirgesong wrote: »
    grandpa-simpson-gif.gif

amen

The Rindoukan Bible: A Makoto Guidebook - http://otersi.com/rindoukan/
    edited October 2014
    USF4 at tubby dog today?
    Post edited by bboysanstorm on
  • ph1lph1l Joined: Posts: 328
    I'm registered for Canada Cup. See you guys there!
  • ImagineVCImagineVC open your mind Joined: Posts: 5,037
    im off to Vietnam tomorrow for 3 weeks and i'll be back the day of CanadaCup. train hard dudes! and see ya guys there!!
    ph1l wrote: »

phil, come to tubby dog and beat me up at usf4.
  • ph1lph1l Joined: Posts: 328

I can't come tonight :(

I can't come tonight :(

tsk tsk... I'm disappointed.

ever since you got married phil.
    you became more normal. wtf...

*sigh... guess i'll just play against the CPU or "SKYNET?!?!" :wink:
  • MisguidedAngelMisguidedAngel Greetings, mortal! Joined: Posts: 5,216
    edited October 2014
    They had better get Wesley Snipes to play Black Manta in the announced Aquaman movie, or no buy.

Oh, and Sheik has a chain-grab even with the chain-grab prevention system in place http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/oct/15/sheik-has-chain-grab-super-smash-bros-3ds-heres-how-perform-it-video/

Not really infinite though, or all inclusive.
  • GriffRobustGriffRobust Joined: Posts: 3
    Hey I don't know if this the right place to post this but I'll just leave this here.

New to fitan' games, playing USF4 on pad for awhile now and online (PSN) is kind of butts. I wanna learn the game and get the experience I need to be a solid player but it's pretty tricky to learn online. I was wondering if anyone could sit down with me and pass on their knowledge/help me learn the game from the fundamentals first.

Mostly basics like footsies/proper punishes/linking/option selecting. If that's possible would be great. I'll buy coffee or beer w/e too if it helps!
    there's a lot of us scientists/helpful dudes in the community, I'd be willing to play some games with you to teach you the basics

not sure when stuff is happening though... I think tubby's isn't happening today (?) and don't know past that.

there's always dickens pub on sunday afternoon/evening, many people show up to that. if you live near me or near my route into work I can stop by for an evening and run some games with you one of these days
    Visit my Complete Killer Instinct Guide! Learn everything you wanted to know about the game. Every mechanic and character discussed with embedded video examples!
    Infil wrote: »
    there's a lot of us scientists/helpful dudes in the community, I'd be willing to play some games with you to teach you the basics

not sure when stuff is happening though... I think tubby's isn't happening today (?) and don't know past that.

there's always dickens pub on sunday afternoon/evening, many people show up to that. if you live near me or near my route into work I can stop by for an evening and run some games with you one of these days

Sunday sounds like the best bet. I live way in the South East (Midnapore) so I have trepidation that I'd be on your route. If you are though, that would be pretty rad to sit down for a bit.
    fortunately for you, I also live in the far south (about 10 minutes west of shawnessy). I travel up the west side of the city every day but midnapore is really close to me.

maybe this coming weekend we could get some games in
    Infil wrote: »
    fortunately for you, I also live in the far south (about 10 minutes west of shawnessy). I travel up the west side of the city every day but midnapore is really close to me.

maybe this coming weekend we could get some games in

The luck, though.

I really appreciate it! Weekends work best for me, I'm a 15 minute walk from Shawnessy. Do you want to stay in touch on steam/PSN/skype/cell/PMs here? I'm pretty flexible.

• evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,275
    goddamn where were all you guys when i was living in bridlewood?

also eliza came out on 360 now so ppl should DL her while she is free for 3 months. you dont need to have bought the game already either.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
  • JozhearJozhear vega all day Joined: Posts: 7,394
    i won't be registering in this year's canada cup. my focus is on music nowadays, not street fighter, and my band is putting solid work in. because i work weekends, i book off time for gigs and not for canada cup because by doing so i'd lose the opportunity to further myself musically.

i'll come to the afterparty and say hello and take part in whatever canada cup i have time for, but i don't play street fighter at all anymore, my passion for it is gone, replaced by all the musical instruments i seek at becoming better at / studying japanese / becoming a better bartender, so i'll come to say hello but i'm not competing.

idk, i find i am just becoming an old man with fighting games. i play ssb4 and ssfiv online and i am always finding myself thinking wow everyone is so good. i think i am just less creative than they are now, largely because i am less passionate. but ssb4 is pretty fun for me right now. i'll throw my friendcode on here once i know how to find it. playing shulk, ike, yoshi, and c. falcon right now. i find yoshi is really strong in this game but having no up b still blows
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    evilweevle wrote: »

also eliza came out on 360 now so ppl should DL her while she is free for 3 months. you dont need to have bought the game already either.

Done and done!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

the part of the scene I deal with has lost a lot of passion since ultra dropped. :( it's sad, but the game's beta feel just kinda wore a lot of us down
    Do you want to stay in touch on steam/PSN/skype/cell/PMs here? I'm pretty flexible.

Best way to talk for now is probably over PMs on here, can maybe meet up on Friday after work at like 7 or later? don't think I have plans that evening. we can take this to PM
    i've been on a downward spiral of interest in SF ever since I went to Revelations 2012

i've tried so many times to bring it back

but idk. i'd much rather focus on music

i'm done with street fighter

i got my tattoo though saul goodman
  • frnzyfrnzy OG scrub. Joined: Posts: 160
    Anyone coming to tubbies?
    SteamID: frnzy

add me and play some Deejay!
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,275
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »

Done and done!

good to see at least someone is keen lol.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    I got her. Now get a 3DS and play Smash with me ;).
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »

Done and done!

good to see at least someone is keen lol.

Absolutely! Glad I could help.

• derrykderryk mister science brain Joined: Posts: 4,816
    edited October 2014
    So I just got this in the mail, I'm too fat for it. (XL in Germany is equal to our large, apparently).

Instead of going through with a potentially painful returning process I'm just going to order a size up, lol.

Anyone who wants it I paid around $70... I'll let it go for $60.

https://www.musterbrand.com/collections/street-fighter-classic/hadoken-hoodie-91

First come first serve. Leaving tomorrow AM but I'll be back in a couple weeks. If you really want it now I can arrange for you to pick it up from my bro.
    Hey Derryk do you like Gravity Falls?

No idea what that is, Josh. Why?
  • w00flesw00fles Wicked underground Joined: Posts: 852
    Jozhear wrote: »
    i won't be registering in this year's canada cup.

i'll come to the afterparty and say hello

I dunno man, I think that party might be for Street Fighters only :-P

Maybe you should come by Friday night for the 3v3 team battle? A little less serious but maybe a stress-free competitive environment with your homies might let you enjoy it a bit?

I call dibs on Jamie if he shows - He will be playing T.Hawk and will kill everyone without knowing his Ultra changes.
    derryk wrote: »
    No idea what that is, Josh. Why?

...hmm.

yeah but if it's a friday night i have to work, i can't book off canada cup time

i have to book off so much time for my band, i don't want to push my luck

chances are i can get off work early the sunday and come by for finals + afterparty. that's what i'll probably do.
    edited October 2014
    also holy shit the flames beat the blackhawks! We're above .500!

edit: And Oh my god, the royals beat the orioles and are going to the world series!! Haven't made the playoffs since '85 now have yet to lose a playoff game this year!
  • thebestthebest #electricboogaloo Joined: Posts: 8,529
    Looks like lap is in socal feeding some poor kids at WNF atm lol
  • w00flesw00fles Wicked underground Joined: Posts: 852
    8 matches with lap chi = free booze + $600 (better than winning 2 seasons of WNF lol)
    Shoutouts to swagging with bottom tier red-focus combos
    ... You don't just ask someone a totally random question and not follow up with a reason or explanation josh.

Why did you ask me if I like gravity falls, and for that matter what is it?
  • TheKaiten7TheKaiten7 Joined: Posts: 1,830
    so I'll be hosting again this friday. anyone is welcome. usually starts at 5ish and doesn't end till late. if you haven't come and want to i live in the n.e as a heads up.
  • Nos99Nos99 Science Scrub Joined: Posts: 4,652
    Heads up master race bros (not that kind Ricky, sorry)

pcgamer.com/steam-free-weekend-will-have-ten-free-games-starting-tomorrow/

A load of free games this weekend.. Not exactly triple - A stuff, but injustice is there.
    edited October 2014
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/oct/16/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-ps3-ps4-launches-north-america-december-16-download-demo-check-out-english-trailer/

GUILTY GEAR DECEMBER 16 IN NA! ZOMG

Much sooner than I thought it would be. Can't wait to get my hands on Elphelt.
  • TenmarangerTenmaranger Henshin! Joined: Posts: 24
    Hey guys, I'm visiting from Ontario. Where can I get information on casuals in Calgary?
    Not a pro just a dedicated amateur.

Follow me on Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/leolikespizza
    edited October 2014
    Gilbert Gottfried quotes video games:

Post edited by MisguidedAngel on
  • FakeSteveFakeSteve Mayhem Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 2,499
    RIP Jozhear. You will be remembered. I regret not being able close the gap between us while you were active. You were a huge inspiration for me in Street Fighter and a target that kept me motivated.

To Jozhear as Vega *clink*
    HOT DOG KING