The Wrestling Thread 2014: NXT is STACKED!

Geese PantsGeese Pants Baggage Handlers....Joined: Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 12 in General Discussion
tumblr_mypjizYy7E1r3j80ko1_500.gif

tumblr_myb4byvxH71sookfro1_500.gif

It's a new year of wrasslin................so let's start by following the buzzards.

Wrestling News Links
Wrestlezone
PW Torch
411mania
PW Insider
Wrestling Observer/Figure Four online
Diva Dirt

Funnies
Botchamania.com

Web Comics
Botched Spot

IRC Channel:
#srkwrestling on IRC's EFNET server. We cover RAW and WWE PPV's usually.
TNA shows/PPV.......at your own risk.
You guys know what day and times they're on so I'm not going to bother telling you when they are.

Places to get/use IRC:
mIRC: Internet Relay Chat client
Mibbit.com - Easy and fast Webchat
EFnet - The Original IRC Network

Popular Indy feds:
Dragon Gate US: Dragon Gate USA
EVOLVE: EVOLVE
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
Ring of Honor: ROH Wrestling | www.rohwrestling.com
Combat Zone Wrestling: Combat Zone Wrestling - Enter the Combat Zone!
Full Impact Pro: Full Impact Pro FIP Live Pro Wrestling from Florida
Chikara: CHIKARA: Lucha Libre - Pro Wrestling - Puroresu
Jersey All-Pro Wrestling JAPW.net - Jersey All Pro Wrestling
Absolute Intense Wrestling AIWrestling.com :: Absolute Intense Wrestling

WWE Network FAQ
Spoiler:

Thanks nothing for the WWE Network FAQ rip.............

Anything that needs to be on the first post............let me know.
Eventually I'll hyperlink the rest.

Post edited by Geese Pants on
The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
-Traitor Aizen Souske

Comments

• 4neqs4neqs thick_thighs Joined: Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Batista in the GoG movie

http://go.ign.com/1hdCKZV
    "But that's SRK for you. SFIV could have a feature where Chun-Li steps out of the TV and gives the players blowjobs, and some would still complain because she wasn't Sakura." --Azrael(?)
  • EvilRyuXEvilRyuX Buttered Toast. Joined: Posts: 640 ✭✭
    Yay! Another year of disappointment, with a bright spark, that will eventually get retconned a month after it happens! :D
    (((1st Av by ytwojay))) (((Graffiti Av by Nastradamus)))

Yasashiyama: Bitches, I make diifii look like fucking JOHN LEGEND. I make girls turn into lesbians, back straight and then gay. TWICE. I'm Justin Wong with Darkwing Duck assist in this shit!
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭
    2013 wasn't too bad........better than 2011....
    Beastcoast INC '2011'
    -Latest Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1
    2014 will be the the year of Roman Reigns

Would not be surprised if at XXXI, Reigns is the guy who beats Undertaker.

You know with San Francisco having a ton of samoans, and making it his "home town" it could definitely be something. Especially since Undertaker respects the samoans.

I see big things for both the shield and wyatts

People are still clamoring for Shield vs Wyatts

Start building it now.

Still the hypest moment of 2013
    Post edited by dab00g on
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭✭
    2014 will be the fall of Del Rio.

What a failed experiment he turned out to be. Now that there's only one main belt his inability to stand out will make him a constant jobber.

Especially when the Sheild breaks up and each of them becomes stars. Ambrose and Rollins I have almost more faith in getting over as singles than Reigns.

Bray seems to be getting a push soon so he should be above Rio as well as Bryan who hopefully stays a face.

Anyone else ya'll can think will drop off in 2014?
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Legend of Revengeance Joined: Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see Ryback falling further in 2014. He's already in a bad place teaming with Axel. I can see it just getting worse for him from there.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭✭
    Hard to think of who can drop off when there's really no one left TO drop off. After Summerslam, they did a fine job trying to bury EVERYBODY that wasn't Orton or Cena.

The verdict is out on Bryan joining the Wyatt family, but there's a huge laundry list of former world champions on the roster right now who are doing jack-all, many of which haven't even hit 35 yet. When you have that many former world title holders on the roster and yet your main feud right now is Cena v Orton for the 3rd time in 5 years...you've got problems.
  • Apathy-IncApathy-Inc Die white girls Joined: Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Bryan will be fine. I can't think of anyone people wouldn't cheer him over right now aside from maybe Punk.
    Would anyone honestly care if he beat up Kofi or Miz or any other midcard face?

Punk had to mock 2 dead men and beat up fans to get any boos at all and Bryan is quite a bit more over than Punk is.

I'm hoping that with only 1 main event title they start focusing a bit more on rivalries and storylines instead of "insert random star into slot A for title match" like they've been doing.

Or better yet have more people in the title picture at once. They haven't done a lot of triple threats or 4ways for a belt in a while and the Chamber seems to just be going through the motions the last few years where you knew only 1-2 people had a chance at winning.
  • janoDXjanoDX Nonon #1 fan Joined: Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1

Happy new year, here's some bork.

Extra:

Some botchtista.

Post edited by janoDX on

Playing lots of stuff right now.
    Follow me on Twitter!: iamnotjanodx
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long til the IWC turns on Batista after he gets Bryan's "spot" at Wrestlemania?

"I wake up and piss excellence"
    HD-Man wrote: »
    How long til the IWC turns on Batista after he gets Bryan's "spot" at Wrestlemania?

First week before 20 minutes.

Unifying the belt was a crappy snap decision that was used to pop a buyrate for a ppv that wwe decided to build shitty.

It should have been saved for summerslam or night of champions. Instead what happened was opportunities for the others were dropped.

I have no trust in wwe creating multiple feuds featuring top guys without revolving around a title.

World Champ John Cena was cool. I mean he was away from the wwe title and then he got to wrestle different guys.

I definitely saw guys above the ic/us level like Cesaro, Swagger, Sandow, Ziggler, Cody, Ryback, and others winning the world title. Now nothing, to ascend.

The ic/us belts need to stay and they should not be unified. Let them get defended and have feuds centered around being champion. None of this "i am champ, now you are" merry go round shit.

Unless Heyman, Uncle Zeb, and Pat Patterson become head of creative then wwe is lost.

Hell HHH, Dusty, and Billy Kidman run nxt and a lot of the roster has their own feuds and characters.

Not dealing with egos or big cntracts HHH makes a good show.

Hell wait until The rumble. Sheamus, Jericho, Christian, RVD, Batista, Undertaker. All can return to tv. Heck maybe even the return of hbk. Who knows?

With main event guys like Show, Mysterio, and Del Rio being buried now. It just goes to show you how the one title can ruin shit with a shit booking team.

I would not be mad if wwe had good booking.

Zeb and Heyman are there. Give them the book until wrestlemania.

• LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Batista's last heel run was OK. Entrance was top notch trolling:

There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    It sucks that they are building him as a face on his return

Maybe he returns as an asshole talking about being a better mma fighter than brock lesnar and a bigger movie star than the rock. Talking about being better than both Orton and Cena who are stuck wrestling for these stupid people because they can't do anything else.

That return promo would he rocking
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭
    Batista vs Brock would make more sense lol
    Beastcoast INC '2011'
    -Latest Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

I think I know what to do with Curtis Axel, give him Lance Storm's "Boring" gimmick. Maybe his lack of charisma can be an asset

• Apathy-IncApathy-Inc Die white girls Joined: Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    dab00g wrote: »
    Unifying the belt was a crappy snap decision.
    I have no trust in wwe creating multiple feuds featuring top guys without revolving around a title.

World Champ John Cena was cool. I mean he was away from the wwe title and then he got to wrestle different guys.

I definitely saw guys above the ic/us level like Cesaro, Swagger, Sandow, Ziggler, Cody, Ryback, and others winning the world title. Now nothing, to ascend.

With main event guys like Show, Mysterio, and Del Rio being buried now. It just goes to show you how the one title can ruin shit with a shit booking team.
    I strongly disagree about this being a "one title ruins everything" scenario.

For starters, they've had the 1 title for what, 3 weeks now? It has yet to be defended. It's too soon to say that it's ruining anything yet. Maybe wait a couple ppvs to see how it goes before we declare everything sucks forever.
    Mind you, I don't have a lot of faith either, but that's not hard evidence and I'd rather wait and see.

Midcard guys will do the same thing they've always done: sink or swim on their own merits. The WHC did nothing to elevate anyone, especially in the last 4 years or so. It was barely even a prop and pretty much no one who won it moved on into the Main Event scene immediately after holding it.

As far as the 3 main event guys:

Show has always flip flopped in and out of the main event depending on who was hurt and when. He'll be back in it eventually. Personally, I hope it's a while because he bores the shit out of me.
    Mysterio is too injury prone now to be trusted with a singles anything, so I actually think that's really smart to keep him in a tag team where he's protected and won't ruin too much when he eventually blows out another knee.
    Del Rio is a failed experiment as far as I'm concerned. Aside from his debut I've never given a crap about him. If being a good worker was all it required to be in the Main Event then I can think of at least 6 other guys who should be ahead of him.
    edited January 1
    I think the booking team sucks, while wwe right now has a ton of guys wgo are over despite the bookers.

If they have Heyman and Zeb book like they did that one raw, we could have greatness

Remember bulldog/bret main eventing summerslam while savage, warrior, and flair Were in the midcard?

I really liked the brand split before. ECW was the best wrestling brand. Punk, Edge, Mysterio, Undertaker smackdown.

But the problem now is the damn log jam.

Attitude Era had distribution among all the titles.

WWF, IC, Euro, Hardcore, and Tag

But then you had guys who could be put in to challenge giving so many matches.

Look at 99-01
    Wwf titlle scene consisted of
    Kane, Hhh, taker, austin, rock, mankind, angle, big show

Ic
    Benoit, Shamrock, billy gunn, jericho, godfather, jarrett, hhh, rock, owen, rikishi, val venis, chyna
    Euro
    Test, eddie guerrero, saturn, d'lo, hhh, x-pac, al snow, mark henry, shane-o-mac
    Hardcore
    Blackman, snow, road dogg, bossman, raven, hardcore holly, crash, stevie richards, tazz, rhyno.

Tag
    Enc, apa, dudleys, hardyz, too cool, nao, rtc, the hollys,

Then you had intermingling of divisions with the tag/euro/hardcore divisions

AlsO guys fighting for the ic like jericho, eddie, benoit, sometimes going for the wwf belt

Look one main title can work if WWe chose

Look we could have a theory tier list of
    Wwe title:
    Cena, Orton, Punk, Bryan, Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Sheamus, ADR, mark henry
    IC
    big E, fandango, ziggler, sandow, miz, brodus, kofi, christian, Cesaro, cody, heath slater, ryback, axel, barrett
    Us:
    Ambrose, tensai, khali, santino, Ryder, R-truth, sin cara, Swagger, tyson kidd, hawkins, yoshi, justin gabriel.

Tag: well for now the tag division is the best division in wwe. And wwe has the best tag division in wrestling

Rhodes bros, shield, wyatts, usos, ptp, los matadores, rybaxel, santino/khali, 3MB, kidd/gabriel, truth and consequences,

Look at that. I just gave Big E and Ambrose a bunch of challengers

I just filled up the dance card for the wwe champ.

Jeez that isn't even all of the roster. You then have Bo, Sami, Neville, Ascencion, Corey Graves, mason ryan, and others in nxt ready to get called up

Then you have guys wwe doesn't use like yoshi, alex riley, jtg, big zeke, camacho.

Man wwe sure has a lot of guys
    Post edited by dab00g on
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭
    D'Nyc3 wrote: »
    2013 wasn't too bad........better than 2011....

But Rock came back in 2011.

I can't hate on Show. The guy can move fast for his size and age. It's just that nobody can wrestle him. He's too big. He's also a jobber, so people like puny orton have to wear him down with strikes and submissions (and the occasional irish whip into something), which for most people is not fun to watch. Not his fault WWE isn't pitting him against stronger superstars like Cesaro or Big E; people he should be losing to.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1
    New thread needs this.

Also i noticed no one had posted anything about Chris Jericho's new podcast.

http://podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho

The two parter with Edge were great shows.

One of the notable points was them talking about Cena not burying Nexus and how he chose to do it anyway at a ppv.
    Post edited by toddler316 on
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Baggage Handlers.... Joined: Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last week The Wrestling Observer reported that a WrestleMania 30 main event of John Cena vs Bray Wyatt had been discussed by the WWE creative team, however, PWInsider.com is now reporting that is not the case.

At one point awhile back, John Cena vs Bray Wyatt was talked about for WrestleMania, with the idea being that Wyatt would win the Royal Rumble match then challenge Cena for the World Title at 'Mania.

This was all discussed, however, prior to WWE deciding to unify the World and WWE Titles, and once that happened things of course changed.

The current backstage feeling in WWE is that Batista will win the Royal Rumble match and go on to challenge Randy Orton for the WWE World Title at WrestleMania. This doesn't mean that we won't see Cena vs Wyatt at some point down the line, but the match is not likely for WrestleMania.

Not sure that I'd like Batisita winning the Royal Rumble................
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    Why not Geese Pants?

Batista/Orton is a match we have seen

Batista/Lesnar is better

Orton being champ is lame as fuck.

Cena being wwe champ is lame

Punk vs Bryan wwe title is flat

Orton vs Lesnar with Brock winning and facing off with the rumble winner Batista seems better, but that match needs no title

I just hope cena/orton go on last so neither can enter the rumble

Hell rock being number 29/30 and winning leading to rock vs brock 2, at xxx would be the biggest money match
    All these issues are caused by title unification. I said this months ago that it'll lead to nothing more than burials and lame stories.

I forgot who tried to convince me this could work but my response was always the same. In order to have one belt with this much talent you need GREAT bookers. Not good, not decent, GREAT.

WWE doesn't have average bookers. These dudes are ASS.
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    edited January 2
    The world title and a soft brand split with smackdown being made important again could be good. Really the dropping of the world title while cena was building it up, and he loses.

Does orton have that much pull? I mean Cena for the first time in their feud put him over clean.

If cena can use duct tape and it be called genius, orton can use handcuffs and be called deviously smart.

Orton as the champ they are portraying him as basically hhh's bitch boy sucks. I mean dude doesn't even get promos. Last good promo he cut was as the arrogant bastard talking about men being jealous and girls eye fucking him. And that was back in november.

Besides that it has been about "triple h says" "face of the company" "respect triple h and stephanie" "don't talk to them like that"

Wtf

It is like he is gerald brisco kissing vince's ass
    Post edited by dab00g on
    i like that short, brief promo Orton gave a few weeks ago before facing Bryan where he told every one to bend over and kiss his ass. It was decent by his standards

I think hhh de-unifies the belts the same way kurt lost the eurocontinental title
    @makmak and anyone else in Manila, there's a joshi/puro event in three weeks. I'm not sure if I can go

https://www.facebook.com/ProWrestlingPhilippines?fref=ts
    "But that's SRK for you. SFIV could have a feature where Chun-Li steps out of the TV and gives the players blowjobs, and some would still complain because she wasn't Sakura." --Azrael(?)
    I say right now we book the road to wrestlemania.

Rules: use current roster, but take into consideration political power. Contracts. Current pushes. And who is over. Not with you, but with the crowd
    I think hhh de-unifies the belts the same way kurt lost the eurocontinental title

I've been thinking that as well but been too afraid to jinx it.

It makes too much sense to have two belts so I'm sure they'll find a dumber way.
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    It just makes sense to have one belt once hhh takes over completely.

HHH is booking NXT using guys he wants to use. I think Swagger and Cesaro would be getting better pushes with HHH apparently being a big fan.

Hero's shoot is good
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭
    4neqs wrote: »
    @makmak and anyone else in Manila, there's a joshi/puro event in three weeks. I'm not sure if I can go

OMFG! When's this? What arena and where to buy tickets?
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
    Just try to get joshi girls out of their forced lesbian relationships
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

makmak!!! wrote: »
    4neqs wrote: »

OMFG! When's this? What arena and where to buy tickets?

Ynares on Jan 25
    Tickets here http://www.ticketnet.com.ph/Joshi-+-Jam-Manila-Ynares-Sports-Arena-Pasig/EventDetails/126
  • JasonWalravenJasonWalraven Joined: Posts: 158
    WWE has never been very good at using titles to advance story lines. For a long while the Tag titles were used just as a cheap ploy and given to rivals who were going to have a PPV main event (Remember HBK/Cena as champs) The US title is around the waist of one of the sheild guys, but no one is even trying to go for that title. I hate to look back to the JCP days, but I remember the Midnight Express and the ROad Warriors Feuding over the United States Tag Team belts. The tension felt real, the Road Warriors made you believe they wanted those secondary tag belts. Sometimes you don't need a complex story line. It is enough if one guy has a title and the other guy wants it bad and makes you feel like he wants it.
  • nothingnothing Keep calm, and stay dashing Joined: Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭
    This needs to be Cesaro's year. He's too good not to be positioned front and center.
  • StarhammerStarhammer Watch them shake it Joined: Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    made it to the first page of a wrestling thread finally!!! :woot:

-Starhammer-
    Azure wrote: »
    Broads doing constructive shit.

*giggle, snort*

On social media.

*BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭

Brodus' other heel theme (Rip It Up) is better than this one.
    Big E, Cesaro and Bryan (after wedding) will shine this year.

• GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother... Joined: Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big E doing the social media thing better than ryder
    Ryder who?
    I want Roman Reigns vs Bork.

Reigns vs Batista, with reigns usurping the batista bomb

Plus batista was trained by the samoans...
    They could play with Reigns being the only one to destroy Lesnar because of the Spear and the medical history of Lesnar on the abdominal area.

• Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be the year of the 5.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
  • ZebsterZebster Believe in Falcon Joined: Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where I can find the first Dusty Rhodes vs Ric Flair steel cage match at the Great American Bash? I tried looking it up on Youtube with a bunch of different searches but I couldn't find it.
    3DS Friend Code: 1392-4119-7524 3DS name: Zebster Pokemon X in game name: Zebia
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭✭
    janoDX wrote: »
    They could play with Reigns being the only one to destroy Lesnar because of the Spear and the medical history of Lesnar on the abdominal area.

That actually makes sense. So much so, that I highly doubt it would ever come up.
This discussion has been closed.