Blood/vomit in SFII

sidebeardsidebeard Joined: Posts: 12
In the SFII games heavy attacks sometimes cause the character to throw up blood/vomit. Does anyone know if this is randomly occurring (e.g., 1 in 5 heavy attacks causes it) or is it triggered by something else, e.g. x amount of damage in 1 hit, or x amount of damage in x amount of time?
Post edited by Preppy on

Comments

• PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,171 admin
    Moved to the SF2 forum.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,757
    edited January 2014
    wut? video? i dont play sf2
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • ZerpestZerpest "%§/$$" Joined: Posts: 51
    NickRocks wrote: »
    wut? video? i dont play sf2

Screen-shot-2012-09-02-at-4.00.45-PM.jpg tumblr_mnqkp6Ajpb1rwszdgo1_1280.jpg
  • felinekifelineki Joined: Posts: 981
    Pretty sure it's random, don't know the percentage or anything. The vomit can be caused by hard attacks that cause the "stomach hit" animation, and can be in one of two colors (orange or tan). Similarly, hard attacks that cause the "face hit" animation sometimes cause either a spray of blood or a spray of saliva (sweat?).
    "The Hammer Bros. Suit was more broken than O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto put together." -specs

"I always thought that O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto were just aspects of the Hammer Bros. Suit, broken down in several pieces in order to keep the universe from breaking." -Wellman
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,398
    *mindblown*
    affinity wrote: »
    I mean, you can't even play as a cat in that game. wtf. it's 2017.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    It's called Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog, not Sonic the Cat, you dumb bitch.
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,540
    Yeahhhhh its really gross seeing Chun Li and Cammy do it.
  • psychostasiapsychostasia precision machinery Joined: Posts: 32
    maj wrote about randomness in sf2 here and says the blood and vomit effects occur unpredictably
    Thanks papasi.
  • sidebeardsidebeard Joined: Posts: 12
    Nice one, thank you.
  • GanelonGanelon Joined: Posts: 1,101
    The only exception is with claw, whose ground punches, roll slash, and wall dive barcelona always result in blood with the claw on and always result in no blood with the claw off.
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    Ganelon wrote: »
    The only exception is with claw, whose ground punches, roll slash, and wall dive barcelona always result in blood with the claw on and always result in no blood with the claw off.

Leave it to the claw player to mention the claw exception. :lol:

<quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,626
    Ganelon wrote: »

Leave it to the claw player to mention the claw exception. :lol:

Essentially Vegans.

1372736588384263.png
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.