Why Do People Hate Cammy's Stage?

OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,541
Its my favorite stage in the game, it has the best music to me and the sky is beautiful. But a guy said he HATES the stage, and then Hoss at the arcade ufo tournament said hes run into a lot of people who hate the stage as well, and its his favorite stage too. So if you hate Cammy's stage, can you tell me why? Sorry if theres an old thread about this. I typed in Cammy Stage Hate, and it mainly brought up SF4 hatred for her herself.

I mean, serious, this is a great song on the CPS2.

Comments

• oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    WTF are you talking about? I've never heard anything like that.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/48019/favorite-stages

BTW, Cammy's theme was always present in SBO ST events. Because of how nice it is.
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,881
    I remember reading some random posts with people complaining about Cammy's theme.
    Maybe it's some vocal minority or something. Anyways, Cammy's Theme AST > OST imo
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,200
    I personally dislike it because that's the most common opening stage when you play on GGPO (arcade ST likes to start off on the new challengers stages but seems to pick England the most).
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,541
    I personally dislike it because that's the most common opening stage when you play on GGPO (arcade ST likes to start off on the new challengers stages but seems to pick England the most).
    I saw a thread explaining how the game chooses your fighting stage. It depends on who would be one of the 2 characters first opponents.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,722
    The theme is awesome. People simply hate it because they see it all the goddamn time. Cammy is rarely picked in both casuals and tournaments, thus her stage always comes up. The stage only goes away if Cammy (cpu or character) loses, so odds are, people see this stage a lot.

IIRC, The game picks your initial stage based on whatever character 1p chooses. This only works the first time characters are chosen. Each time after that is determined by character-loss order.
  • Blood FeastBlood Feast h8 Joined: Posts: 139
    edited January 2014

Ok, but do you remember when it was always T. Hawk's stage? I remember... wanting to rip my ears off.
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,460
    Hate deejays the most
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
    edited January 2014
    I hate T Hawk's theme. Theres some good music in ST, but his is so depressing sounding, especially the freakin SNES version.

When you see Bison's stage its a treat.
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,200

Ok, but do you remember when it was always T. Hawk's stage? I remember... wanting to rip my ears off.

I must be weird, because I like Hawk and Guile's stage music the best.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
    edited January 2014
    Guiles theme is cool. Its just I played Super on SNES, and I hated how T Hawk's stage sounded, and I still hear it that way when Im on the cabinet even though the cps2 version is playing.

Post edited by OrochiDemon on
  • hanasuhanasu Joined: Posts: 130
    I could play on Cammy stage until the end of time. Yall are crazy.

Twitter | Twitch | Youtube
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,874
    I always select Guile. I always end up with China and then later Honda if I switch to Chun.

I didn't know anybody could hate Cammy's stage. It's quite majestic.

But I guess tastes vary. Too dark/too busy/whatever, I love it, it's one of the pinnacles of FG stages.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk