SF4:AE World Ranking - Site has been beta-released

AckuAcku Representing RoseJoined: Posts: 857 ✭✭
edited February 2014 in Ultra Street Fighter IV
I'm happy to announce that a first version of a Street Fighter World Rankings has been released.

Summary
The ranking given to players is analog to ATP and WTA. Players earn points by placing in tournaments. Tournaments are ordered by importance and given a classification. The players in those tournaments are then assigned a score based on their place within a tournament, adjusted with the tournament weight.
Read more at http://rank.shoryuken.com/about/
--

You can see the listing here:

SF4 World Ranking - SSF4:AE 2012 http://rank.shoryuken.com

Any input is welcome, as I would like to improve algorithm, data and functionality.
Post edited by kineda on

Comments

• RageousXRageousX Joined: Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    First of all, incredible work! This is a great place to start and indeed, will be sufficient for most purposes as-is for quite some time while refinement is done.

My first initial thought regarding the ratings is that it needs some kind of Strength of Opponent formula to count as a minor percentage of the final weighed, result. Right now (correct me if I'm wrong), you have a baseline of established numbers imported from a similarly-set up (successful) system, which assigns static values to tournaments based on a cross-indexed, weighed ratio of the top 8 players to determine what level the tournament falls, and people are provided scores accordingly.

I think you need to go further, something along the lines of Microsoft's TrueSkill system. That way you can have an independent value of every player in every tournament, and that would allow you to more accurately gauge the level of competition in a given tournament outside the top 8. Large formats like EVO - which of course would be top-ranked because the final 8 are impeccably credentialed - are actually underrated under the existing system. Regardless of skill, shit does happen, bad matchups do occur, and the deeper the pool beyond that top 8, the more difficult it is to assess just how hard it is to get there in the first place. You may have a tournament where Poongko slips into the top 8 due to a string of favorable matchups, while Laugh arrives there by overcoming long odds. The result is the same, but the path to get there reveals a very different sort of measurable metrics. The benefits of a more evolved system like this would not only give you more accurate ratings, it would allow you to present the information in all kinds of interesting in unique ways not currently possible: Tangible data on character advantages, match histories of specific players, strength of bracket in a current tourney (who had to work harder to get there), etc. You'd also be able to forgive people outside of the top 16 easier if they just unfortunately happened across Daigo or Infiltration in their bracket. The real story is found in discovering the value of disparity in each individual matchup.

Hopefully that all makes sense, and please do not take any of this as criticism. I'm just excited to see someone doing interesting things with the data and hoping to be helpful and encouraging as possible. :)
    SFV - Ryu, Laura
    USFIV - Makoto, Evil Ryu
    3rd Strike - Makoto
    UMvC3 - Viper/Dante/Strider
    Tekken 7 - Looking forward to finding out!
  • sweatyshoulderguysweatyshoulderguy Joined: Posts: 459
    edited February 2014
    So happy this got picked up. Congratz! Have you considered taking record of smaller league style tourneys? As in something that occurs less than monthly but more than once a year. They would have to be long running(for credibility) and would get minimal points, but that would be nice. A good example would be the ceo tourneys that aren't CEO you know what I mean? Just food for thought. Good luck man hope this becomes the set standard. More stuff like this brings in sponsors and clears up the mud about skill more definitively than: "X guy beat X guy once, godlike", or "bro man this 4000PP dude wrecks online must be sponsor worthy",<-silly. The fgc needs more easily digestible information like this for the deveolopers, sponsors and even the average stream/pot monsters themselves. Looking forward to more stuff like this in the future maybe now invitationals could be graded now and if a TO was deciding what caliber of player they wanted in lets say the C tourney they could decide it with the help of your point based + a skill curved based system. That way people who wanted to amateur level play exclusively could do so accurately. Just like people who watch college level athletes vs always watching the pros. So many opportunities to make the fgc better and more efficient. All of them possibly, hopefully, stemming from this. I want to be a part of it all honestly.

P.S. I think TO's are gonna be the biggest benefactors of all with this. No more questions like "was this a major or just a big local." Now it will all be classified and ranked, and tournaments can be marketed as such. This way they will know where there events stand and there will be less ambiguity when going to tourneys. I always hated some tournaments not getting enough credit for just how grand scale they are. DTN was a great example.
    Post edited by sweatyshoulderguy on
    Don't slip!!
  • J.DJ.D EVO Staff Joined: Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anywhere to check which tournaments are being considered for this?
    Fight For The Future!!
  • kinedakineda Raging Demon Joined: Posts: 764 admin
    Yes, there's a full tournament listings page. You can get to it from the Rankings dropdown menu: http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/tournaments
  • RageousXRageousX Joined: Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    P.S. I think TO's are gonna be the biggest benefactors of all with this. No more questions like "was this a major or just a big local." Now it will all be classified and ranked, and tournaments can be marketed as such. This way they will know where there events stand and there will be less ambiguity when going to tourneys. I always hated some tournaments not getting enough credit for just how grand scale they are. DTN was a great example.

Agreed, and you'll probably see more top-ranked players getting sponsored/invited to participate at said tournaments in order to boost their level of competition and ranking. Just the fact that we're already able to account for all kinds of things we couldn't before is a wonderful game-changer.

Edit: The logical extreme of this future, of course, is real-time analysis of button input on all tournament stations and a sabrmetric-style breakdowns on player setup success rates, hit confirms, dropped combos and defensive strategies. Other major esports like LoL and Starcraft already do it, no reason to think the FGC won't eventually get there too.
    SFV - Ryu, Laura
    USFIV - Makoto, Evil Ryu
    3rd Strike - Makoto
    UMvC3 - Viper/Dante/Strider
    Tekken 7 - Looking forward to finding out!
  • VandyVandy Joined: Posts: 244
    edited February 2014
    Kumite in Tennessee 14 Top 16 Results since only top 8 is reported. Not sure where else to post this

90 players

1. EG|Justin Wong (Rufus)
    2. EMP|Dieminion (Guile)
    3. EG|Ricky Ortiz (Rufus)
    4. Nice1 (Guy)
    5. MLSwear (Hakan)
    5. EG|PR Balrog (Balrog, Evil Ryu)
    7. NYChrisG (Sakura)
    7. PxG|Camel Eyez (Fei Long)
    9. Jan (Zangief)
    9. AK|Saltface (Juri)
    9. PxG|Integra (Ken)
    9. Shin Phoenix (Vega)
    13. Eugene (El Fuerte)
    13. Pokchop (Abel)
    13. day1combos (Abel)
    13. NaughtyZeut (Guile)
    My accent is always on value.
  • RoTeNdORoTeNdO The 'Hardcore Gamer' Joined: Posts: 4,516
    I'm glad this was pointed out to me. Coincidentally, I've been asked to created something like this to use for the Texas scene (beta) before sharing it with the rest of the FGC. I totally agree with RageouX. Top 8 will not make that list as accurately as it should be. I would further like to talk about how you've compiled all the data and more. I've skimmed through the FAQ and noticed you were using mySQL and JavaScript, which was what I was going to use, but haven't yet decided what to use for storage (like cloud).

Great job!
    ===The few, the proud, the Marines!===
    *EVO Judge 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Central Texas Brawl Tournament Director
    Tournament results are taking from our coverage posts. For larger tournaments, it's usually not much of an issue to have results for Top 16 or even Top 32. However, for smaller tournaments that usually only stream Top 8 or just a partial Top 16, it proves more difficult. We also don't live cover every event since it's just not possible given our limited staff resources. This is where the community can definitely come in and report additional results that we were unable to catch.
  • slash5150slash5150 Naptime? Joined: Posts: 3,616 mod
    Great stuff with the rankings. The only thing I would suggest is that there be a subsection for tournaments won since, in regards to ATP goes, points are reset one year later

Example: Infiltration wins AE 2012 at EVO 2012 giving him 2000 points, but when EVO2013 rolls around, the 2000 is removed (or put into the subsection) then 2013 points are calculated into his ranking.
    I Stream Stuff! - http://twitch.tv/teamkhaos
    For the time being we are resetting rankings per version of the game (SFIV, SSFIV, etc) instead of per year. However it shouldn't be too difficult for Bavo to create a filter to sort by year similar to ATP.

• meansaltinemeansaltine Joined: Posts: 240
    Hey there. It looks like I am listed twice in the database: once for "MeanSaltine" and once for "Mean Saltine". Could these be combined?

Also, I am an american player.
  • ShiroyashaShiroyasha The Crimson Fucker Joined: Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    Younashi and Nashikun are still the same person. Younashi just tends to change his nickname once he reached a certain amount of points in the arcades.

Nashio > Younashi > Nashikun
    SSF4 AE 2012: Juri, Rose, Cammy <3

• AckuAcku Representing Rose Joined: Posts: 857 ✭✭
    Keep the inputs coming, these will be updated during the day. Thanks!
  • elcubanolocoelcubanoloco NorCal represent! Joined: Posts: 764
    edited February 2014
    If I can add some things to the database for some fellow ranked Vega players, I (El Cubano Loco) placed 7th at Hadocon 2 in Union City, CA, 9th at Hadocon 3 in Burlingame, CA, 13th at Hadocon 4 in Burlingame and 25th at NCR 2010. Tatsu placed 4th at the first Hadocon in Burlingame, CA as well as placing 9th at NCR 2009 and 9th at NCR 2010.

Here are some links for my placings. The vid I'm embedding is my match against Mr. Naps to get into top 32 at NCR 2010:

http://challonge.com/hadoconii_ssfiv_singles

http://www.onespawn.com/2012/11/19/hadocon-iv-ae-2012-umvc3-tournament-results/

Post edited by elcubanoloco on
    SSF4 AE 2012: Claw, Dictator, Cammy, Yang, Rose
    SFxT: Alisa/Claw, Claw/Juri
    SF3 3s: Yang, Ken, Ryu, Makoto, Alex
    SSBM: Falco, Ganon, Zelda, Mario, Marth
  • brenttiscoo15brenttiscoo15 brenttiscool Joined: Posts: 900
    I have two different names in the rankings as I used to enter as Bren2xt but now I just enter as Brentt. If they could be combined that would be awesome!
    If I can add some things to the database for some fellow ranked Vega players, I (El Cubano Loco) placed 7th at Hadocon 2 in Union City, CA, 9th at Hadocon 3 in Burlingame, CA, 13th at Hadocon 4 in Burlingame and 25th at NCR 2010. Tatsu placed 4th at the first Hadocon in Burlingame, CA as well as placing 9th at NCR 2009 and 9th at NCR 2010.

Here are some links for my placings. The vid I'm embedding is my match against Mr. Naps to get into top 32 at NCR 2010:

http://challonge.com/hadoconii_ssfiv_singles

http://www.onespawn.com/2012/11/19/hadocon-iv-ae-2012-umvc3-tournament-results/

Hi Marcos! We can't add individual results. They have to be full tournament results (top 8, 16 or 32) like the challonge you linked to. Also, at the moment we're focusing on entering as much AE:2012 data as possible. Most of the tournaments placing you mentioned are for earlier versions of SF4, which we'll try to add later. Some of the older data is harder to find since there weren't as many streams as there are nowadays, but we'll try. Thanks for input.

• RcR10RcR10 DutchNoobz Joined: Posts: 23
    Hey,

Great work! This will definitely help in seeding as well!

Thanks for picking Red fight District 2 amongst the tournaments! I saw in the WTA wiki that the category is based on the Prizemoney. Is this the same "requirement" you're using to classify the tournaments?
    If there is anything I can do to help out, please let me know!

(TO of Red Fight District)
    Leader of the DutchNoobZ. http://www.DutchNoobZ.nl
    Just found you on Twitter. Yes, I would like to find some results of European tournaments, to make sure the EU scene is represented as good as possible.
    The prizemoney is not used in the weighting, only player skill weight is. Which is another concern, anyone that can advise on some better player skills weights is welcome
  • ReyArtReyArt It's Super Dynamic Cooking Time! Joined: Posts: 1,424
    I don't see any tournament results for Frosty Faustings.

Frosty Faustings IV: http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/09/frosty-faustings-iv-tournament-results-and-archive/

Frosty Faustings V: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174111/frosty-faustings-v-results-thread

Frosty Faustings VI: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/187028/frosty-faustings-6-results

@Kineda: May I get credited too at the bottom of the site for my MegaMan-styled SSF4: AE char sprites being used? P.S. - Sprites for the new USF4 chars are in the works!
    Yes, I promised you then I forgot. Shame on me. Added to the FAQ and will upload when traffic goes down a bit
  • laxlightlaxlight Joined: Posts: 817 ✭✭✭
    congrats acku!
  • JoseCharlieJoseCharlie Joined: Posts: 13
    edited February 2014
    Hey there! great initiative. Here in Spain the FGC is growing bigger and bigger for the past to years with players like Nercromina (I bet you remember her combat against Daigo in Dreamhack Winter 2013, I can't find her in the rankings despite her 9th place in DHW '13), Fasoll (132th in the rankings and top 13th in DHW '13) or Roy Macoy (224th). The tournaments circuit is growing also since Dreamhack decided to place an annual challenge in Valencia and international-aspiring tournaments like ADFT(three editions with players like Cuongster), Counter Hit Tournament(the 2nd edition will be held in April with great expectation in the spanish community) or Sonic Boom, which 1st edition was played last weekend and these are it's results:
    Sonic Boom 2014 results
    The aforementioned Fasoll and Roy Macoy took part on it with with a 5th and 2nd place respectively.
    I will be posting the results in the next CHT in april (in which we hope to bring some top european players to keep growing) and ADFT and hope you take them in consideration

PS. Fasoll and Roy Macoy don't have the spanish flag and link next to their names, I guess you don't take Spain as a competitive country yet ;-)
  • EmersionEmersion Fledgling Vega Joined: Posts: 404
    Maybe you should look into adding Hypespotting2, since i got second place there! probably shouldnt weigh that much though! :P
    http://www.versusscotland.com/hypespotting-2-results-and-brackets/

Tried finding results for the first edition, but only found a top3 here (ryan hart won it):
    http://www.versusism.com/2012/04/04/hypespotting-scottish-national-tournament-live/

Apart from that selfish attempt to boost my rank a little, i will give some corrections/info on european players you currently miss or have incorrect. AFAIK most of these only play 1 character (if character is missing in tournmant results).

Emersion Netherlands Claw
    Perplex France Rufus
    Valmaster France Chun-Li
    Kusanagi France Seth
    Saunic France Ibuki
    Yougenius Germany Claw
    MBR Netherlands Akuma
    Choaztheory Netherlands Dictator
    gamein France Fei Long
    Adone stylz France Sagat
    TKO X Isoud France Guile
    Phenom Norway Dictator
    I'm still da daddy UK Guile
    Yota UK Fei Long
    Taaha UK Abel
    Fassol Spain Ibuki
    Sheva Germany Cody
    Ettelman Sweden Adon
    Halibel Germany Akuma
    Demulant Germany Sagat
    Doomdomainn Netherlands Ryu

Hope this helps!
    "Soak in your blood! Bloody High Claw!!!! Hahahaha!" - Vega
    Best ultra in the game!
  • RaGeMenviRaGeMenvi Joined: Posts: 2
    Please change the name of TKO X Isoudw ====> RaGe Isoudw thx very much . http://rageteam.fr/
  • MarkManMarkMan BRAND & COMMUNITY ADVISOR FOR TEKKEN | EVO BIZ DEV | ? ? ? Joined: Posts: 5,164 mod
    I think by adding the sponsor/team that the player represents will greatly add to the value of interlinking/showing off this page. If that's something that could be added, I'm sure it will also help as a resource. Also maybe adding a verified player's twitter account or something?
    Vandy wrote: »
    Kumite in Tennessee 14 Top 16 Results since only top 8 is reported. Not sure where else to post this

90 players

2. EMP|Dieminion (Guile)
    3. EG|Ricky Ortiz (Rufus)
    4. Nice1 (Guy)
    5. MLSwear (Hakan)
    5. EG|PR Balrog (Balrog, Evil Ryu)
    7. NYChrisG (Sakura)
    7. PxG|Camel Eyez (Fei Long)
    9. Jan (Zangief)
    9. AK|Saltface (Juri)
    9. PxG|Integra (Ken)
    9. Shin Phoenix (Vega)
    13. Eugene (El Fuerte)
    13. Pokchop (Abel)
    13. day1combos (Abel)
    13. NaughtyZeut (Guile)

Done http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/tournament/114 - thx
    Hey there. It looks like I am listed twice in the database: once for "MeanSaltine" and once for "Mean Saltine". Could these be combined?

Also, I am an american player.
    Shiroyasha wrote: »
    Younashi and Nashikun are still the same person. Younashi just tends to change his nickname once he reached a certain amount of points in the arcades.

Nashio > Younashi > Nashikun
    I have two different names in the rankings as I used to enter as Bren2xt but now I just enter as Brentt. If they could be combined that would be awesome!

done, thx
    MarkMan wrote: »
    I think by adding the sponsor/team that the player represents will greatly add to the value of interlinking/showing off this page. If that's something that could be added, I'm sure it will also help as a resource. Also maybe adding a verified player's twitter account or something?

Yes, that would be nice to have. But also something to maintain ;) For the top 50 this could be done imo
  • MachoRhombusMachoRhombus Joined: Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Post edited by MachoRhombus on
    CFN ID - PenguinShivers

MJ|Shivers.
  • meansaltinemeansaltine Joined: Posts: 240
    I have a couple questions about weight:
    1. Is there a formula on how player skill weight is assigned?
    2. Does tournament weight affect points awarded? I noticed Youmacon 2013 (40 weight) awarded the same number of points as Frosty Faustings VI (5 weight).
  • sweatyshoulderguysweatyshoulderguy Joined: Posts: 459
    Acku wrote: »
    MarkMan wrote: »

It Is true that the sponsors/teams would be hard to maintain as they are flux often. But if I were to be able to link my Twitter or FB to it I would be very pleased and thankful. Thise things are also static so once it would get done that would be it and no more work would be needed on that aspect of social media integration.

Yes, that would be nice to have. But also something to maintain ;) For the top 50 this could be done imo

Don't slip!!
    Emersion wrote: »
    Emersion Netherlands Claw
    Perplex France Rufus
    Valmaster France Chun-Li
    Kusanagi France Seth
    Saunic France Ibuki
    Yougenius Germany Claw
    MBR Netherlands Akuma
    Choaztheory Netherlands Dictator
    gamein France Fei Long
    Adone stylz France Sagat
    TKO X Isoud France Guile
    Phenom Norway Dictator
    I'm still da daddy UK Guile
    Yota UK Fei Long
    Taaha UK Abel
    Fassol Spain Ibuki
    Sheva Germany Cody
    Ettelman Sweden Adon
    Halibel Germany Akuma
    Demulant Germany Sagat
    Doomdomainn Netherlands Ryu

Hope this helps!

That was awesome info, thanks. If anyone recognizes player countries where it isnt filled in, let us know
  • Hardc0reHardc0re Joined: Posts: 656 ✭✭
    Infilton and Laugh didn't win Revox, they didn't even participate in it, they just played some exibition matches.

This is the result of Revox 2013 top 8 in Brazil last year:
    1st: painN.Ludo
    2nd: CNB.ChuChu
    3rd: FWG Keoma
    4th place: GR.Breno Fighters
    5th place tie: Alexis / Rodrigo ShoguN
    7th place tie: gigiolurez_br / PA.Ratex

It can also be seen here:
    http://challonge.com/revox2013_ssfivfinals

I'm one of Revox's TOs, if you have any doubts feel free to PM me :)
  • PhoenixSpainPhoenixSpain Wataaah! Joined: Posts: 19
    About the Sonic Boom 2013 tournament, there are the correct country and character about the players.

1 Chocolo Akuma Spain
    2 Roy Macoi Fei Long Spain
    3 Achampou Blanka Spain
    4 HellTPM M. Bison Spain
    5 Fasoll ibuki Spain
    5 Phoenix Fei Long Spain
    7 Beto Seth Spain
    7 Wanxe Ryu Spain

I'm that Phoenix and in the Dreamhack Valencia 2013 I scored Top 9 in that tournament
    Hardc0re wrote: »
    Infilton and Laugh didn't win Revox, they didn't even participate in it, they just played some exibition matches.

This is the result of Revox 2013 top 8 in Brazil last year:
    1st: painN.Ludo
    2nd: CNB.ChuChu
    3rd: FWG Keoma
    4th place: GR.Breno Fighters
    5th place tie: Alexis / Rodrigo ShoguN
    7th place tie: gigiolurez_br / PA.Ratex

It can also be seen here:
    http://challonge.com/revox2013_ssfivfinals

I'm one of Revox's TOs, if you have any doubts feel free to PM me :)

Strange how these misunderstandings grow. Are these all BR players and do you know their characters? Updated at http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/tournament/122
  • Nice1Nice1 PROFOUND SADNESS Joined: Posts: 233
    Can an admin put United States next to Nice1....this is him :) thanx and keep up the good work guys
  • JoseCharlieJoseCharlie Joined: Posts: 13
    Cool! I've seen you've taken note of Sonic Boom 2013 results. Phoenix Spain told the characters for each player in top8. Just one more thing: Fasoll and Hell TPM are sponsored by Barcelona e-sports as Alioune (the french player). So their names should be "BCN e-sports | Fasoll" and "BCN e-sports | Hell TPM".
    As I said before we're working right now in the Counter Hit 2014, results of 2013 edition were:
    Top 16
    1st BCN e-sports | HellTPM (Adon/Bison-dictator-)
    2nd Chocolo (Akuma)
    3rd Roy Macoi (Fei Long)
    4th Jheuty (Makoto)
    5th Odakku (Chun Li / Gen)
    -Sainters (C. Viper)
    7th PutoZeros (Blanka)
    - MaeseLimones (Sagat, Vega, Hakkan, Zangief)
    9th Phoenix Spain (Fei Long)
    - Balthier (Ibuki)
    - Shiroi Okami (Guy)
    - Random Runnier(Balrog-boxer-)
    13th Playing 4 Fun (Ryu)
    -Sork (Guy)
    -Achampou (Blanka)
    -Dirdamo (Abel)

All spanish players

Another tournament held in Spain last year:
    Top Tiers IV (2013)
    Top 8
    1. Roy Macoi (Ryu, Fei Long)
    2. Odakku (Chun Li, Gen)
    3. NaNok (Vega)
    4. MikeNumber9 (Rose, T. Hawk)
    5. Riskbreaker (Cammy)
    5. Sainters (C. Viper)
    7. Maese Limones (Vega, Hakkan, Zangief)
    7. C0ld (Akuma, Seth)

All spanish again

Tekken World Murcia 2013 (There was a SSFIV tournament also)
    1. Achampou (Blanka)
    2.Mike N.9 (Rose / Ryu)
    3.Son Gohan 2 (Cammy)
    4. Carter DDT (Seth)
    5.Godhim (Oni)
    -Random Runnier (Balrog)
    7.Trips (Rose)
    -Cold (Akuma)
    9. Dirdamo (Abel)
    -Keran (Dudley)
    -RiskBreaker (Cammy)
    -Playing 4 Fun (Ryu)
    13.Arkd(Vega)
    -PutoZeros (Blanka)
    -Nanok (Vega)
    -Beto (Seth, Balrog)

All spanish once more ;-)

And one last: Tenerife Lan Party 2013:

http://binarybeast.com/xSFT4AE1307160

Once again thanks for the work. I will be here with Spain and Europe tournaments in the future.
  • PhoenixSpainPhoenixSpain Wataaah! Joined: Posts: 19
    edited February 2014
    Two majors of Spain during the summer

Tenerife lan party 2013
    http://binarybeast.com/xSFT4AE1307160

Dreamhack valencia 2013

1º WW.MCZ Ryan Hart
    2º WDM.MCZ Louffy
    3º WW.MCZ F-Word
    4º Roy Macoi
    5º BCn e-Sports Fasoll
    5º RZR.CG Problem X
    7º Jheuty (Makoto Spain)
    7º WDM.MCZ Perplex
    9º VaD Phenix
    9º Mike Number 9 (Rose Spain)
    9º Phoenix
    9º Nanok (Vega Spain)
    Post edited by PhoenixSpain on
  • cHaotixcHaotix Keep it classy. Joined: Posts: 757
    edited February 2014
    cHaotix and Andre West are the same person guuuuuuuuuuuuuys.

Thanks!
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing comedy: Find KBrad on the list. Start looking at the names listed below him.
    Steam:Coffeeling | Fightcade: Coffeeling-FIN
    Xrd: Sol | ST: Claw, O.Sagat, O.Ryu | 3S: Chun-Li, Akuma
    Resource pack for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
  • MachoRhombusMachoRhombus Joined: Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Revo 2k results (Mexico City, Mexico):

2. EG|PR Balrog (Balrog)
    3. Snake Eyez (Zangief)
    4. EG|Ricky Ortiz (Rufus)
    5. DS|Shadow X (Cody)
    5. TLC|Master Bloothy (Makoto)
    7. TLC|Chris (Balrog)
    7. CKD|Babushas (Guy)

http://challonge.com/REVOLUTION2013

Japonawa 2013 results (Road To Evo International, Tijuana, Baja California Norte, México)

1. DS|Excelancer (Juri)
    2. CKD Babushas (Guy)
    3. JPNW.TL|Kira (C. Viper)
    4. TLC|Chris (Balrog)
    5. CGG.DS|GordoRlz (El Fuerte)
    5. TLC 8grade (Akuma)
    7. TL Neto (Ryu)
    7. Maromero (Ryu)

Can't find the brackets, sorry.
    Post edited by MachoRhombus on
    CFN ID - PenguinShivers

MJ|Shivers.
    When providing results for more accuracy, please provide a link to the original bracket (Challonge, etc.) Also, please provide number of entrants for your tournament.
  • eiSHeiSH Keepin' it FreestyleiSH Joined: Posts: 1,575 ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Hello. Thanks for taking the time to add this cool new feature =)

For CEO2013, the 3 unidentified characters are:

Rugalitarian: Vega
    Brian F: Balrog (Boxer)
    StyleiSH (me): Juri

-_-; I dunno if you remember me Kineda, but during our match, the dude from EU walked in front of our top 32 match and you took the set T_T;

I also placed tied for 17th at TFC -- I dunno if you guys are doing top 32 for every event -- but the only results page I could find was on that other site~

Edit: Oh yeah, at TFC, I played as Chamna Haitun~ Err.. Do I need to provide proof? >.>
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - T.S. Elliot
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    I will update, thanks.

Meanwhile is an article up in Japan: http://chigenga.doorblog.jp/archives/37036657.html - love these guys, though I need Google Translate for get their feedback :)
  • OneFrameLinkOneFrameLink Bringing better tech to the FGC Joined: Posts: 13
    What's the licensing for the data? The article mentioned that it was open source (data and application code).

I'm more interested in the former.

Also, how will we be able to access the data?
    <a href="http://blog.oneframelink.com/what-is-one-frame-link/" title="CLICK IT! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!">Making the FGC better, THROUGH SCIENCE!</a>
  • EmersionEmersion Fledgling Vega Joined: Posts: 404
    More corrections for you, since you liked it last time!

My unidentified character in the da ultimate crushing tournamant is also claw.

I went through all the players in the list.
    Players with country/characters missing i know:

German Luger US Claw
    Bananaken US Ken
    Insaynne US Blanka
    MOV Japan Ken
    Veggey Norway Zangief
    Meteo US Claw
    Milligano UK Dictator
    Supersquaddy UK Cammy
    LordDVD France E.Honda
    Cuisto France El Fuerte
    Shield France Claw
    Damascus France Ibuki
    Necromina Spain Cammy
    Duppsko Norway Rufus
    LioR France Makoto
    Flocker US Cammy
    Rugalitarian US Claw
    Zhi Singapore ?
    Viscant US Dee Jay
    Warahk US Guile
    Glasgow Kev UK Cammy
    Nevillebamshew UK Fei Long
    Greyback UK Gouken
    JHeuty Spain Makoto
    Slizzle UK Fei Long
    Heavy Weapons Australia Sagat
    ToXY Australia Akuma
    Broly Legs US Chun-Li
    Lamerboi US Guile
    ON Bigfool UK Gen
    Metallicmike UK Juri
    quaka UK Makoto
    Dreamboat UK Claw
    Muirtron UK Dictator/Makoto
    Profluke UK El Fuerte
    Whippet UK Chun-Li
    Worstgiefever UK Zangief

Native and MMS Native probably need to merge? US T-hawk
    Yagami and drz_yagami probably need to merge? Sweden Dhalsim

Thats probably the last i can contribute for now :D
    Good luck on this great project! I like having tournament results easily available!
    "Soak in your blood! Bloody High Claw!!!! Hahahaha!" - Vega
    Best ultra in the game!
    What's the licensing for the data? The article mentioned that it was open source (data and application code).

I'm more interested in the former.

Also, how will we be able to access the data?

Kineda can speak for the data, but for the code it is available at https://github.com/bavobbr/sf4ranking
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yagami plays Bipson now for the most part, no? And in any case used Bipson as a counterpick for Sim's horrid matches.
    Zhi plays a bunch of characters - Zangief and Sagat mainly, as far as I know, but also has a Cammy.
    Steam:Coffeeling | Fightcade: Coffeeling-FIN
    Xrd: Sol | ST: Claw, O.Sagat, O.Ryu | 3S: Chun-Li, Akuma
    Resource pack for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
  • RaGeMenviRaGeMenvi Joined: Posts: 2
    RaGe CuisTo : El Fuerte
    RaGe Solidjin : Claw
    RaGe Prim77 : Blanka
    RaGe Isoudw : Guile / Dan . NO TKO X Isoudw !!!!!! It's RaGe Isoudw THANK YOU :)

Look this palmares of my teamates on : http://rageteam.fr/ Thx very much

Emersion i like your Claw but Solidjin better than you :) and better than Shield
  • OilforthewinOilforthewin BETTER RED THAN DEAD. Joined: Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭
    There is a mistake with a name:
    http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/325
    It isn´t Coju, it is Caju.
    Written like here:

And here:
    "LAST WEEK ON MONDAY NIGHT NITRO, EVERYBODY SEE THE MOST HORRIFIC INJURY IN THE HISTORY OF DIS SPORTS, AND I GOT LISTEN TO YOU TWO IDIOTS SAYIN IT'S A FREAK ACCIDENT! WELL WHAT HAPPEN IS SID VICIOUS RAN INTO THE FREAK. SEE SID VICIOUS CAME OFF THE TOP ROPE, HE HIT DA MASSIVE CHEST OF THE GENETIC FREAK, AND HE FELT DA POWER, AND DAT POWER, SENT HIS LEG DOWN TO THE MAT, SHATTERED HIS LEG, AND HIS DREAMS, OF EVER BECOMIN' WORLD CHAMPYEN AGAIN! SO SID VICIOUS, I'M SEND YOU A PRESENT! I'M SEND YOU THESE TWO PRO- JABRONIES TO LAY NEXT TO YOU IN Y'ALL CAN TALK ABOUT THE SAME THING! YA CAN TALK ABOUT ME, DA MAN WHO SENT CHOO THERE! BUT SID VICIOUS, I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR YOU, BECAUSE I GAVE YOU FAIR WARNING, TO WALK AWAY! JUST LIKE I WARNED STING, JUST LIKE I WARNED BOOKER T, AND NOW, KEVIN NASH, I'M WARNIN' YOU, BEFORE YOU SSS- DECIDE TO SHOW UP AT SUPERBRAWL, YOU THINK ABOUT DIS! I'M BIG POPPA PUMP, I DON'T FRAKE IT, I BREAK IT!"