SF4:AE World Ranking - Site has been beta-released

Comments

• AckuAcku Representing Rose Joined: Posts: 857
    Emersion wrote: »
    More corrections for you, since you liked it last time!

My unidentified character in the da ultimate crushing tournamant is also claw.

I went through all the players in the list.
    Players with country/characters missing i know:

German Luger US Claw
    Good luck on this great project! I like having tournament results easily available!

It took a while to fix all this, but its done and that's great. A lot better on the EU coverage now.
  • ReyArtReyArt It's Super Dynamic Cooking Time! Joined: Posts: 1,424
    edited February 2014
    My character is El Fuerte! http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/499

Idea: Being able to see archived match footage of the players for each specific tournament, if applicable.

For example, my matches in Top 8 for Frosty Faustings V can be seen on YouTube. If someone went to my Rankings page, I imagine there would be a new section called "Archived Footage", or something along those lines, for this specific tournament with these links:

Thoughts?
    Revo 2k results (Mexico City, Mexico):

1. EG|Justin Wong (Rufus)
    2. EG|PR Balrog (Balrog)
    3. Snake Eyez (Zangief)
    4. EG|Ricky Ortiz (Rufus)
    5. DS|Shadow X (Cody)
    5. TLC|Master Bloothy (Makoto)
    7. TLC|Chris (Balrog)
    7. CKD|Babushas (Guy)

http://challonge.com/REVOLUTION2013

Japonawa 2013 results (Road To Evo International, Tijuana, Baja California Norte, México)

1. DS|Excelancer (Juri)
    2. CKD Babushas (Guy)
    3. JPNW.TL|Kira (C. Viper)
    4. TLC|Chris (Balrog)
    5. CGG.DS|GordoRlz (El Fuerte)
    5. TLC 8grade (Akuma)
    7. TL Neto (Ryu)
    7. Maromero (Ryu)

Can't find the brackets, sorry.

Done, thank you. If you can tell me who is Mexican i will add the countries
  • MachoRhombusMachoRhombus Joined: Posts: 2,769
    Acku wrote: »
    Done, thank you. If you can tell me who is Mexican i will add the countries

Everyone but SnakeEyez, Justin Wong, Ricky and PR Balrog are mexican.

CFN ID - PenguinShivers

MJ|Shivers.
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389
    There is no point in putting mexicans into the rankings...they aren't anywhere on the map.
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman
  • ReyArtReyArt It's Super Dynamic Cooking Time! Joined: Posts: 1,424

Awesome! I only see 1 video linked, can you add the other 2?

Also, can you set my country to USA? Thanks!
  • 300300 ........... Joined: Posts: 868
    edited February 2014

I have top 10 Fuerte,yay...
    Emil wrote: »
    There is no point in putting mexicans into the rankings...they aren't anywhere on the map.

LoL !!!!!
    Seagulls and Electrolytes.
  • ZeroIshtarZeroIshtar Joined: Posts: 5
    edited February 2014
    You currently list NGL|Chris and TLC|Chris as the same person when they're not. NGL is from Cali (?) and plays Ken, TLC is Mexican and plays Boxer.

This is awesome, I wish I could help more :P
    USF4 - El Fuerte, Rolento ~ BBCP - Hakumen ~ CvS2 - C-Joe/Rugal/Sagat, Athena ~ ST - Cammy, Dhalsim ~ P4U2 - Junpei, Kanji ~ UMvC3 - Hulk/Taskmaster/Sentinel ~ KOF13 - Duo Lon/Mature/EX Iori ~ SC5 - Raphael ~ GGXX - Justice ~ Xrd - Venom ~ SFxT - Dudley/Ogre, Yoshimitsu/Ogre ~ TTT2 - Kunimitsu/Leo ~ SF3:3S - Hugo, Ken, Q ~ MvC2 - Sentinel/Cable/Commando ~ KoF98 - Ralf/Clark/O. Yashiro ~ JJBA - Hol Horse, Dio ~ Chaos Code - Kudlak-Sin ~ MotW - Freeman ~ SvC - Goenitz ~ VS - Q-Bee
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389
    edited February 2014
    Banana Ken and BananaKen - same person

Also, even though you can't put a ranking on team tournament results, you should atleast try to compile as much team tourney data as you can. It's pretty misleading for some players though...jyobin, for instance, was on one of the high placing teams in the topanga 5on5 but he lost every match. It shouldn't count for him.
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman
    Emil wrote: »
    Banana Ken and BananaKen - same person

Also, even though you can't put a ranking on team tournament results, you should atleast try to compile as much team tourney data as you can. It's pretty misleading for some players though...jyobin, for instance, was on one of the high placing teams in the topanga 5on5 but he lost every match. It shouldn't count for him.

I also got requests for coverage on ESGN. Perhaps there are some ways to report on it without the necessity to score it. This will be in a distant future though, as modelling this is very different from single-player competitions
  • Vagran7Vagran7 Joined: Posts: 3
    I've been wanting a WTA rankings system for a long time, so glad to see some people finally implemented it! I've got thoughts, opinions and ideas out the ears on this...

One big potential issue I see (that you guys are partially acknowledging) is a regional one. If the tournament value is determined by player weight, then it could be significantly more difficult to get real rankings for players that either can't travel much, or are not in regions that have lots of high-value events.

If you limit the results to a 52 week cycle as someone was suggesting earlier, that would be a start. Another ATP example to follow is to restrict the number of results you can get from each tier (For example, you can only score for five 100pt events in the previous 52 weeks). Another thing to do is restrict the really big events to only 1 per region (say, only one 1500pt event in SE Asia, one in the West Coast, etc), but this would throw the weight valuation into disarray.

I've got lots of other things in mind (some of which are related), but I'll stop there to see what people think.
    MarkMan wrote: »
    I think by adding the sponsor/team that the player represents will greatly add to the value of interlinking/showing off this page. If that's something that could be added, I'm sure it will also help as a resource. Also maybe adding a verified player's twitter account or something?

Added teams, and added Twitter account. Two useful features! Thanks for the suggestion.
    Btw, your team scores highest: http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/teams
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,252
    Acku, am i understanding correctly that you yourself are adding most if not all the data?
    Will there eventually be a system in place where other people can add Data, say tournament organizers, or people who are involve with a tournament themselves?
    I imagine the verification of someone is also time consuming.
    SFV: Juri, Cammy
    GGREV: Millia
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

edited February 2014
    Currently we (Kineda and I) do as the system is not that user-friendly enough to allow moderators, but it will. Would be great to have contributors
    Post edited by Acku on
  • MarkManMarkMan BRAND & COMMUNITY ADVISOR FOR TEKKEN | EVO BIZ DEV | ? ? ? Joined: Posts: 5,164 mod
    Can you please update the Team name for Mad Catz? Mad Catz is two words, not one. Thanks.
  • MarkManMarkMan BRAND & COMMUNITY ADVISOR FOR TEKKEN | EVO BIZ DEV | ? ? ? Joined: Posts: 5,164 mod
    MarkMan wrote: »
    I think by adding the sponsor/team that the player represents will greatly add to the value of interlinking/showing off this page. If that's something that could be added, I'm sure it will also help as a resource. Also maybe adding a verified player's twitter account or something?

Added teams, and added Twitter account. Two useful features! Thanks for the suggestion.
    Btw, your team scores highest: http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/teams

Thanks and also, I agree this is very useful for outsiders looking in.
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,865
    One project I've been wanting to do along similar lines is to start collecting head to head data or basically each player's record vs other players. From there you could do some statistical break downs and other assorted things that might be interesting.

I just haven't gotten around to it's a lot of effort to collect all of the data and time has been pretty limited for me right now.
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
  • NeoChaosXNeoChaosX loves violin music Joined: Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2014
    I'm sure it's been pointed out a lot already, but character rankings should only count points when the player used that character, and not overall scores. Infiltration's three uses of Ryu should not put him ahead of Daigo in the Ryu rankings, for instance
    Fear The Fin

Steam/CFN: NeoChaos | PSN: NeoChaosX
    Project Justice: Yurika/Chairperson/Kurow | SFV: Karin | DOA5LR: Helena
  • ZeroBerserkerZeroBerserker Joined: Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Here the results again for REVOX 2013 since many characters are missing.

1. Ludo (Sagat)

2. Chuchu (Sakura, C.Viper)

3. Keoma (Abel)

4. Breno F1ght3rs (Cammy)

5. Rodrigo ShoguN (Cammy)

5. Alexis (Guile)

7. gigiolurez_br (Guy)

7. Ratex (Adon)

Source: http://www.portalversus.com.br/noticias/revox-2013-resultados-finais-34498
    Post edited by ZeroBerserker on
  • hadoshroomshadoshrooms Joined: Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    can you add team BSC to Neville Bamshew, Super Squaddy like to register BSC Hadoshrooms(Myself) , BSC Blaydon Ryu I will add tournament data later on today
  • Hardc0reHardc0re Joined: Posts: 656
    Hardc0re wrote: »
    Infilton and Laugh didn't win Revox, they didn't even participate in it, they just played some exibition matches.

This is the result of Revox 2013 top 8 in Brazil last year:
    1st: painN.Ludo
    2nd: CNB.ChuChu
    3rd: FWG Keoma
    4th place: GR.Breno Fighters
    5th place tie: Alexis / Rodrigo ShoguN
    7th place tie: gigiolurez_br / PA.Ratex

It can also be seen here:
    http://challonge.com/revox2013_ssfivfinals

I'm one of Revox's TOs, if you have any doubts feel free to PM me :)

Strange how these misunderstandings grow. Are these all BR players and do you know their characters? Updated at http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/tournament/122

Oops, sorry about the delay :)
    Yes they are all BRs, here's the list of characters:

painN.Ludo - Sagat
    CNB.ChuChu - Sakura (sometimes Viper)
    FWG Keoma - Abel
    GR.Breno Fighters - Cammy (sometimes Evil Ryu)
    Alexis - Guile
    Rodrigo ShoguN - Cammy
    gigiolurez_br - Guy
    PA.Ratex - Adon
    Here the results again for REVOX 2013 since many characters are missing.

1. Ludo (Sagat)

2. Chuchu (Sakura, C.Viper)

3. Keoma (Abel)

4. Breno F1ght3rs (Cammy)

5. Rodrigo ShoguN (Cammy)

5. Alexis (Guile)

7. gigiolurez_br (Guy)

7. Ratex (Adon)

Source: http://www.portalversus.com.br/noticias/revox-2013-resultados-finais-34498

done thx
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    One project I've been wanting to do along similar lines is to start collecting head to head data or basically each player's record vs other players. From there you could do some statistical break downs and other assorted things that might be interesting.

I just haven't gotten around to it's a lot of effort to collect all of the data and time has been pretty limited for me right now.
    NeoChaosX wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been pointed out a lot already, but character rankings should only count points when the player used that character, and not overall scores. Infiltration's three uses of Ryu should not put him ahead of Daigo in the Ryu rankings, for instance

These are interesting ideas if you can get all the matchup data. http://www.ssfranking.com/ is doing such a thing; but as you can see it makes it harder to be comprehensive. Either you take the simple route and just use tournament top results, and you get all tournaments in there with a very broad and historical accuracy, or you go deep but miss out a lot due to incomplete datasets in those tournaments. Currently we go for the former, but it would be great to extend this on the longer term
  • PhoenixSpainPhoenixSpain Wataaah! Joined: Posts: 19
    Team BCN e-Sports:

Alioune
    HellTPM
    Fasoll

Team Ases e-Sports

Achampou
    Son Gohan
    C0ld

Both of them are spanish teams
  • ludthinksludthinks LudLike Joined: Posts: 544
    LUD and Ludovic are the same person..
    Ludthinks
    UMvc3: Chun, Storm, Nova
    SSf4: Chun li
    Tekken 6 BR: Asuka, Lei wulong
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • dr1ftwooddr1ftwood Dont Think... Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel Joined: Posts: 24
    edited March 2014
    Hi Guys, not sure who I should send this to, but I was hoping to correct a few things on my placing, now that I am in the database after the pre scr WNF.

My handle is "Driftwood" not... "dr.1.ft.wood" as written... I had asked Veloc1raptor to sign me up and I got entered by the infamous dick joke I've so long been unable to shake off. If that could be changed, I would be forever happy.

Additionally, my character is Fei Long, and if you all wanted to add that, that would rock as well.

here is a link to my placing page:
    http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/Dr. 1 Ft. Wood

This system is really cool, and I hope I can move up a few more spots before ultra drops!
    Thanks!

To hell with circumstances, I create opportunities- Bruce Lee
  • ludthinksludthinks LudLike Joined: Posts: 544
    ludthinks wrote: »
    LUD and Ludovic are the same person..
    Can I be enetered as ludovic
    Ludthinks
    UMvc3: Chun, Storm, Nova
    SSf4: Chun li
    Tekken 6 BR: Asuka, Lei wulong
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • SynKyllerSynKyller TFA Founder Joined: Posts: 336
    The Fighters alliance

thefightersalliance.com

Members on the list.

TFA | Weaponsleft (zangief)
    TFA | German Luger (vega)

the rest of the team

TFA | OMGiTZANDRE
    TFA | CommonSense
    TFA | Josh99
    TFA | Kiu
    TFA| JodyDaGreat
    TFA | Bee
    TFA | Damus
    TFA | DeeDogg
    TFA | SynKyller
    USFIV: Hakan/Elena/Thawk/Sagat | KI: Fulgore/Thunder | CvS2: Kim/Yamazaki/Geese
    Thanks for the inputs, applied the suggestions
  • Duo11Duo11 Joined: Posts: 26
    I noticed there's an "MK Peanuts" http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/MK Peanuts, who I'm almost certain is the same person as McPeanuts http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/McPeanuts
  • Perfect LegendPerfect Legend Messatsu Joined: Posts: 632
    Hey I have more tournament placings for SF4:

In 2011:
    4th at power up using Akuma

Super Street Fighter 4 — Results

1. WolfKrone (C. Viper)
    2. DMG|PR Balrog (Balrog)
    3. EG|Justin Wong (Adon, Rufus)
    4. EMP|PerfectLegend (Akuma)
    5. DMG|Inthul (Fei Long)
    5. CCG|Air (Ryu)
    7. TS|Arturo Sanchez (Dhalsim, Rose)
    7. TS|Min (E. Honda, M. Bison)

I'm not in Empire Arcadia or DMG anymore. I am on Team FNATIC can FNATIC be added to my name? FNATIC | Perfect Legend

I also got 9th at CEO2011 in Arcade Edition

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition — Results

1. TTC|Tokido (Akuma)
    2. TS|Arturo Sanchez (Dhalsim, Rose)
    3. Mike Ross (E. Honda)
    4. Marn (Yun)
    5. TTC|GamerBee (Adon, Fei Long, Akuma)
    5. fLoE (Yang)
    7. Banana Ken (Ken)
    7. EG|Justin Wong (Yang)
    9. EMP|Twisted Jago (M. Bison)
    9. DMG|PerfectLegend (Akuma)
    9. DMG|PR Balrog (Balrog, Yang)
    9. TS|Min (Fei Long)
    13. DMG|Rico Suave (Oni)
    13. FR|ShinkuuR (Rose)
    13. EMP|Yipes (M. Bison)
    13. FR|DSlicer (Zangief)

Also if the EVO Online tournament in 2011 counts then

EVO Online SSFIV Top 16 — Xbox 360

1. Wolfkrone (C. Viper)
    2. iPeru (El Fuerte)
    3. Perfect Legend (Akuma)
    4. Alex Valle (Ryu)
    5. CrizzNation (C. Viper)
    5. BLG.Vangief (Zangief)
    5. Adam Vongs (Adon)
    5. Macumazahn (Ryu)
    9. Air (Ryu)
    9. BLG.Filipino Champ (Dhalsim)
    9. Image360X (T. Hawk)
    9. ImmortalBMW (Vega, E. Honda)
    9. EndlessRampage (Cody)
    9. ScottoSoHotto (M. Bison)
    9. Davero (E. Honda, Guy)
    9. EdMa
    Hey guys I am new to this game. Who is the #1 character?
    Btw could you guys do one of these for Mortal Kombat and Injustice?
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,620
    Acku, you are pretty awesome for undertaking this project.

Just a few things I've seen when skimming the rankings:

1. Xiaohai and Dakou, if I remember right, represent Qanba in tournaments.
    2. I clicked on an individual player in Skullgirls, and it shows their current ranking as "0". I didn't check the Killer Instinct individual player rankings, but I guess it probably shows their SF4 rankings, as it seems like the site is still trying to pull the player's rank from the SF4 database. Example, Keninblack doesn't play SF4, therefore he doesn't have any ranking points in the SF4 database, therefore he would receive no rank in that game.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Duo11 wrote: »
    I noticed there's an "MK Peanuts" http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/MK Peanuts, who I'm almost certain is the same person as McPeanuts http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/McPeanuts

fixed thanks

Hey I have more tournament placings for SF4:

Thats great, getting references to older tournaments is handy as it is hard to look up. Updated

2. I clicked on an individual player in Skullgirls, and it shows their current ranking as "0". I didn't check the Killer Instinct individual player rankings, but I guess it probably shows their SF4 rankings, as it seems like the site is still trying to pull the player's rank from the SF4 database. Example, Keninblack doesn't play SF4, therefore he doesn't have any ranking points in the SF4 database, therefore he would receive no rank in that game.

True, I'm thinking of letting the system guess what the players main game is and put that score on the player page, then the details for his games below in tables. Guess could be based on highest rank, or on most tournaments played for a game
    Btw could you guys do one of these for Mortal Kombat and Injustice?

Soon, I bet you will score quite well :)

True, I'm thinking of letting the system guess what the players main game is and put that score on the player page, then the details for his games below in tables. Guess could be based on highest rank, or on most tournaments played for a game

Thanks! Where is my name on the ssf4 rankings and ae rankings? I see it on 2012 tho
    According to my overall points in SSF4 I am close or in the top 10 with 780 points. Infiltration also had 780 points in SSF4.

That's tight! Just gotta do it in 2012 now.
  • IncorruptibilityIncorruptibility Joined: Posts: 224
    Not sure if you're missing info needed, but FR17 is missing from KI
  • FuzzykipsFuzzykips @FizzyKups Joined: Posts: 403
    How often does this get updated for games other than AE? I've been noticing that a lot of Final Round results aren't calculated.
    GT: FizzyKups
    UMvC3: Spencer/Dante/Frank West
    AE: Juri/Guile/Viper
    Fuzzykips wrote: »
    How often does this get updated for games other than AE? I've been noticing that a lot of Final Round results aren't calculated.

We are updating per game, not per tournament. AE2012 is pretty complete, and MvC3 is being backwards updated right now (have most between now and start of 2013). KI is quite complete, and Skullgirls needs to be researched more.
    Any new tournament however will have all the results updated of which there is a game ranking
    Ah, I gotcha. I was specifically wondering for UMvC3, but then I noticed you guys only counted the Top 8 for Final Round. What are the criteria, as in, how far in the rankings do you guys count? (Top 8, 16, 32, whole tournament ranking, etc)
    As far as SRK editors report it in its results. Lately this is often top 16 and for majors top 32
    Ah, I gotcha. I know EventHubs posts more rankings sometimes, at least for FR they also put top 16 up (for UMvC3 - http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/mar/14/final-round-17-and-curleh-mustache-live-stream-feat-infiltration-gamerbee-justin-wong-nychrisg-pr-balrog-and-more/ ).

Also not sure, do you factor in things such as team tournaments like the Curleh Mustache Battle Royale?
    Eventhubs threatened with a lawsuit if we would 'use' results from their site (effectively claiming copyrights on tournaments results) so we use SRK results, and/or results provided from the TO's themselves. It's a weird world, but it works quite well as the SRK coverage is great and it is very easy to search on this site.
    Wow, EventHubs is pretty silly, haha.