The Chainsaw Incident (new 2d horror fighting game)

Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,341

Comments

• Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,341
    thechainsawincident-lenore-small.png?resize=425,318
  • SaikyoStyleSaikyoStyle Not Sure Joined: Posts: 1,064
    With the exception of those skulls at the bottom being a visual distraction it looks good.
    Move along, Nothing to see here.
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,229
    This looks awesome! What is it? Indie game?
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,336 mod
    Looks interesting. The visual style is pretty eyecatching. That said it obviously still needs alot of polish. Gonna be watching to see where this goes.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 756
    edited January 2014
    This looks pretty cool (needs alot of hitstop and camera shaking though) I wonder when the kickstarter begins
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 2,969
    It's a bit on the slow side, but i kinda like the looks of it.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
    edited January 2014
    Double Post
    Post edited by echelonNYK on

• sethian0sethian0 B PoSiTiVe - B KiND Joined: Posts: 1,075
    I don't like the hit detection, it seems "off" I think this would be fixed eventually, but I love the looks and most of all the music. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
  • weedianweedian Hechando Chingaso! Joined: Posts: 275
    Good luck and all the rest, seriously wish the makers all the best. But the visual aesthetic? Skullgirls does Darkstalkers via Flash... hmmm
    豆のおかげで俺が飛べるんだ!
  • nscnsc Stay free, it's the way to be Joined: Posts: 1,795
    Those skulls have to go, and all that crappy blur effect that's slathered over every element.

Makes my eyes hurt, very difficult to focus on the game.
    PSN: iamnsc ~ Steam: nsc
    Ontario, Canada
  • tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 7,616
    It looks cool. Looking forward to seeing more developed versions of it in action.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • RUMBLE82RUMBLE82 The Proctor Joined: Posts: 636
    Looks cool. PSN bound :)
  • CelerityCelerity Professional Necrodancer Joined: Posts: 798
    Personally I love the art style, but the gameplay looks kind of bland. Whenever an independent dev with no history in playing fighting games tries to make one, the result is usually disastrous. I hope to be proven wrong!
    (P4AU) Marie :::: (UNIEL) Vatista :::: (BB) Izayoi/Rachel :::: (USF4) Juri
  • MajormelisThereMajormelisThere no labels Joined: Posts: 488
    The game looks nice. Yeah it's pretty bland in terms of gameplay it looks like something I'll have fun with.
    Skullgirls: Parasoul, Cerebella
    JOJO HFTF: Polnareff, Iggy, jotaro
    Umvc3: poor spider-man, poor ryu, ok sentinel
  • douglamdouglam Joined: Posts: 191
    the visual style is kind of cool, but the lack of hitstop and hitsparks make it look like the moves are going past the opponent rather than hitting them.
  • AkiroAkiro Joined: Posts: 61
    Milda looks hella interesting. I'm really hoping this turns out to be a legit fighter.
  • The MartianThe Martian A Terrible Fate. Joined: Posts: 11,855
    This looks badass. The pace for some reason reminds me of Skullgirls.
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you."

• Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,157
    I like all the eyes in the artwork.
    Come visit my blog http://www.frametrap.net/, the new home of the crossdressing Pirate King of down under, and get all the latest scoops on my thoughts on all things crossdressing, fighting gamey, and in between!
    New character named Ali-Baba
    148294_747930061885973_1757335508_n
    148294_747930061885973_1757335508_n.jpg
    Monkey66 wrote: »
    New character named Ali-Baba
    148294_747930061885973_1757335508_n
    Image isn't showing up because you haven't put the correct link to the image file inside the [ img ] tags.
    148294_747930061885973_1757335508_n.jpg

You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

Thanks

More characters:

VARGO: A Creature from the depths, Vargo is the spawn of the King of the Poison Frog Clan (毒蛙一族). Vargo is a Ruthless martial master, able to extend and increase his body to extend lethal punishment. His touch is poison and will break the strongest of foes.
    Vargo640.jpg

HYDE: A gentlemen by day, a hulking ripper by night. A soulless devil in the night. He is driven to make Lenore his next victim.
    Hyde640.jpg

RONDELLA: Rondella is a from a world unknown. He has the ability to travel in the spirit realm and consume bad habits of the host. What his agenda is however remains a mystery.
    Rondella.jpg

THE GATE KEEPER: The Gate Keeper is the protector of the gates of heaven and hell for the human world. Half Angel and Half Devil he is known by another name. Purgatory.
    TheGateKeeper640.jpg

ARTIFACT 51: Lenore (the lead character) always thought she had been abducted, and maybe she was right! Artifact is an Alien in all the sense and whether a friend or foe Artifact’s is aiding Lenore, but only so itself survives.
    Artifact51_640.jpg
  • Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,157
    All these character designs are pretty cool except for Rondella who's a little meh to me, as a big fan of kusoge I can see myself enjoying this regardless of how it ends up as a fighting game.
    Come visit my blog http://www.frametrap.net/, the new home of the crossdressing Pirate King of down under, and get all the latest scoops on my thoughts on all things crossdressing, fighting gamey, and in between!
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 5,905
    Character reveals are cool but lol...its a fighting game...

This game is going to be disastrous if they feed into this new age of slow leaking information. The biggest fish has yet to be fried, no 2 character demo and they are already doing character reveals?

Oh well. I still have hopes for it because it looks cool but...
    Yeah I want to see some more gameplay footage without blur everywhere before I'm convinced, a lot of those early animations were suspect imo
    Ontario, Canada
  • FullmetalevaFullmetaleva Joined: Posts: 51
    I like the character designs, curious to see when they plan on doing a Kickstarter.
    These character designs man!

• GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,850
    Reminds me of Skullgirls and Darkstalkers...
    I'm still bummed that Darkstalkers really didn't get revived. I don't know what it is about fighting games today; if games don't have the letter "S F", Tekken, or spandex heroes in them, the games tend to flop.

Much as I loved superheroes in the past -- I'm at the point that I'm no rush to see superhero films anymore and just hate the monthly comics(!) --, it would be nice to see something else tackled...
    ... and that's why it puzzles me that the horror genre has just not made it in fighting games outside of Japan, and then only on Darkstalkers (in Japan)!
    The 1990s really were a much richer era for variety in fighting games (and video games in general).

I hope this game sees better support by the FGC...
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 5,905
    Anyone working on it with a history in FGs?
    Gorgeous
    1796463_759709444041368_810468349_n.jpg
  • The MartianThe Martian A Terrible Fate. Joined: Posts: 11,855
    I'm liken' that it's going to be on PS4, at least.

Has there really been no more gameplay shown yet, though?
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you."

I'm very concerned that this is releasing on PS4.

Like, we don't know how far this is in development, but when are the arcade sticks going to get to the ps4? When is the FGC going to get to the PS4?

Most people are calling like 2-3 years before next gen really becomes something the fgc will notice, is this game going to be in development that long?

Niche fighters don't get big numbers even with an abundance of arcadesticks and consoles in people's homes and sadly I doubt this game will get people onto next gen.
    Ontario, Canada
    nsc wrote: »

Like, we don't know how far this is in development, but when are the arcade sticks going to get to the ps4? When is the FGC going to get to the PS4?

Most people are calling like 2-3 years before next gen really becomes something the fgc will notice, is this game going to be in development that long?

Niche fighters don't get big numbers even with an abundance of arcadesticks and consoles in people's homes and sadly I doubt this game will get people onto next gen.

By the end of this year (thanks to GGXrd).
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• 69mustang69mustang Joined: Posts: 140
    oh man, this looks pretty sick! I really dig the dark theme of the game.
    d3v wrote: »

We shall see, there is a lot of ground swell but anime isn't capcom.
    Ontario, Canada
    d3v wrote: »

We shall see, there is a lot of ground swell but anime isn't capcom.
    MadCatz has already expressed interest in making a stick for GG. And Hori already has a 3rd party pad that works on both PS3 and PS4.

Also, all of Arc's recent output have all come out with sticks of their own, BlazBlue, Persona even the digital release of Accent Core (that even came with Sanwa's silent buttons).
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

edited March 2014
    More info about Gorgeous

Gorgeous - Gorgeous is the embodiment of fanfare for Lenore. Fond memories of old Japanese movies and over the top anime. She aids Lenore in her mission, and has no other real purposes in her existence but to make Lenore laugh.
    1962786_759566040722375_1422302252_n.jpg

More of the character screen
    1899902_759566014055711_1511766582_n.jpg

Mike Jones
    1618574_748475991831380_1317578770_n.jpg
    1891117_753427418002904_1669822826_n.jpg
    1888459_748032595209053_1252557145_n.jpg

Percy
    1004965_751513761527603_1560631873_n.jpg
    10084_751513738194272_793939691_n.jpg

Porkchop
    1517482_751507204861592_1194922954_n.jpg

DJ Death
    Reaper of souls. He has come to NEVERMORE to take LENORE'S soul to hell, no matter the cost, however his plans are thwarted as her imagination has come to life and is slowing down his mission.
    1559654_751444724867840_865398842_n.jpg
    1743493_751444818201164_1912425495_n.jpg

New Stage
    1898116_748428038502842_10269052_n.jpg

• Mad MistressMad Mistress Seimei wannabe Joined: Posts: 690
    Oh shit son. Those characters!!

I too would like to see some proper gameplay, but let's be real, people won't play a good game if the graphics aren't what they want (see Arcana Heart). I am loving the designs so far, so I hope the gameplay lives up to the art.
    Waifus: Litchi, Lambda-11, Mu-12, Shizuka, Ende, Yukiko, Chie, Saki, Dorothy, Lilica, Leona, King, Angel, Akira, Natsu, Hibiki, Kojiroh.
    Hazubandos: Akuma, Hakumen, Valkenhayn, Donovan, Gallon, Genjuro, Basara, Dio, Bison.
    Harems: Hulk/Akuma/Sentinel, Murica/Viper/Hulk, Dormammu/Hsien-Ko/Akuma, Beatrice/Virgilia, Rosa/Virgilia.
    Dat gamez: KOF98/2K2UM/13, SamSho4, SFA2/3, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Jojos BA, GG, AH3, P4A, MVC2/UMVC3, BB, Ougon, Skullgirls, Nurarihyon no Mago: Hyakki Ryouran Taisen, Phantom Breaker Extra.
    His lips aren't big enough.

Oh shit son. Those characters!!

I too would like to see some proper gameplay, but let's be real, people won't play a good game if the graphics aren't what they want (see Arcana Heart). I am loving the designs so far, so I hope the gameplay lives up to the art.

People won't play a game with good gameplay and good graphics if the gameplay isn't what they want(cough skullgirls)--let's just keep it real here.
    Ontario, Canada
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,255
    So for real though, can we get Mike Jones to be voiced by Del tha Funkee Homosapien?
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • Half-RoHalf-Ro Omae wa mo shinderu.... Joined: Posts: 2,007
    Ps4 huh? I will probably cop it just cause its a horror themed fighter lol
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,850

Fighting games didn't hit big on the last generation of consoles (PS3/XBox 360) until March/April 2009 when SF IV was released. That was over 2 years after the PS3 launch and over 3 years after the 360 launch... I don't expect the situation to be much different this new generation of consoles.

The floodgate of arcade sticks sure didn't pop up until AFTER the release of SF IV. PS2 was the bread-and-butter of fighting games well into the lifecycles of succeeding consoles.
    Sure, there were a few big name fighters available before SF IV -- Tekken 5: DR, Tekken 6, and Soul Calibur IV, Virtua Fighter 5 original edition -- but they didn't sell that well and didn't encourage joystick sales like SF IV did.

There were quite a few joystick releases before 2009 -- but mainly in Japan and a lot of those were HRAP variant joysticks (I like to call them "HRAP-lite") that had character art that was themed towards specific games like Arcana Heart 1, Fate: Unlimited Codes, etc. Those were primarily limited-edition PS2 joysticks with pushbuttons soldered directly into PCB boards... luckily the majority of these joysticks at least used JLF control levers. Prior to 2009, there were only a very few joysticks specific to the PS3 and XBox 360 but some of the best joysticks released for the past generation of systems were released late 2007/2008. These would have included the Hori HRAP 3 SA and Sega Virtua Stick High Grade Hardware releases for the PS3 and a few decent 360 joysticks (primarily for shooting games released exclusive to that system). Joystick sales for PS3/360 still didn't become dominant until AFTER SF IV -- an important distinction to remember.

Guilty Gear may be big enough for a "launch" PS4 joystick but I would predict joystick hardware sales IN GENERAL for PS4 and XBox 1 won't be as significant until the next big Capcom game release -- if that even causes much of a ripple. (I get a general sense of desperation about the new console cycle and not great confidence despite some good moves to make the PS4 and X1 easier to develop for... No one's absolutely sure there WON'T be a general videogame industry crash like there has been in the past.) I doubt a "novel" third party fighting game (unless it's a surprise hit) is going to cause the sensation that SF IV did. Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur IV/V barely did anything for joystick sales in general from what I gather and those are the biggest original poly series that have been around since the mid/late-1990s. People were also very satisfied playing those game on standard system pads, too, unlike the SF games. I think GG and BlazBlue have made their mark but I gather their developer has also kept production costs lower (to recoup their costs and make some small profit) than what Capcom or Namco have spent on the new installments in their legacy franchises. It's sad to think that Capcom doesn't believe sales of old, emulated arcade code weren't good enough to go forward with new installments of Darkstalkers or even bother to re-license and extend DLC content for Marvel vs Capcom 3 let alone keep MvC2 available on PSN and XBox Live but that's the situation now...

The software sales definitely have their impact on controller hardware development and releases. As expensive as joysticks are to produce, Mad Catz and Hori are NOT going to flood the market with a ton of controllers that won't sell when the system-selling software simply isn't there yet... That's a good way to go out of business!

• NoKushWaveNoKushWave Ehh Joined: Posts: 97
    This game could be playable with a controller.

this isn't a next gen only title is it?
  • C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 724
    Training mode, the damn skulls are still there

1900110_766716783340634_40418470_n.jpg