The Flash TV Series Thread

Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it..........Joined: Posts: 20,952 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited October 2016 in General Discussion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flash_(2014_TV_series)

Cast:
Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash...........he has already appeared on Arrow.
Jesse L. Martin as Det. West (Iris West's father and Barry's father figure)
Rick Cosnett as Eddie Thawne/Professor Zoom
Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost
Candice Patton as Iris West
Carlos Valdes as Francisco Roman/Vibe
Tom Cavanaugh as S.T.A.R. Labs CEO Harrison Wells
John Wesley Shipp (Yes.........the same JWS that played The Flash in the 90's TV series) as ??????

It looks like the Arrow spinoff is rounding out well...........
Post edited by Geese Pants on
The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
-Traitor Aizen Souske

Comments

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,036 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2014
    o.0 zoom jeezus. thats like the darkseid of flash villains. kinda early to have a super major baddy like that around. get him a mirror master as his first major.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,952 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Likely they'll make Thawne's transition into Zoom a slow transition................

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    Likely they'll make Thawne's transition into Zoom a slow transition................

its pretty much down to whenever his wife dies. also it matters when flash discovers time travel....though i imagine their gonna reboot that plot point. He probably won't use the time travel to accidentally become zoom.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,789 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Was Darkseid ever shown in Smallville? I just remember the last scene with the CG Superman flying into obscurity.
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,537
    Ugh, Smallville sucked. Hope this one isnt annoying and years alter isnt on at 5:30am and my dad watches it forcing me to overhear it.
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,749
    edited February 2014
    qi7i.jpg

This Hardcore Flash fan is ready as fuck. About time he got another show.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    FLASH! AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAAA!!!

Wait wrong Flash, but this at least has the hero going by Flash and wearing his costume, so maybe hopeful. (I do love Arrow though, Smallville can suck it however).
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Honestly we could probably just put the Arrow and Flash threads together. They are shared universe after all and most people watching Arrow will probably watch Flash.

not now....too much going on in the arrow thread. maybe once arrow stops and flash starts gearing up

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,101
    maxx wrote: »
    Honestly we could probably just put the Arrow and Flash threads together. They are shared universe after all and most people watching Arrow will probably watch Flash.

not now....too much going on in the arrow thread. maybe once arrow stops and flash starts gearing up

Well Arrow's finale is this Wednesday and chances are the Flash will be airing when Arrow is off so...
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    maxx wrote: »

Well Arrow's finale is this Wednesday and chances are the Flash will be airing when Arrow is off so...
    sooo...wait a week or even two.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,101
    I'm not saying anything had to be done immediately to begin with. :coffee:
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,693
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,339 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Honestly we could probably just put the Arrow and Flash threads together.

Fuck no. Not until it proves the writing and action are on the same level.

The Flash extended trailer.................

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    zoom people...zoooom. time travel shenanigans abound.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Im guessing that was Reverse Flash they showed early in that trailer?
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    edited May 2014
    SoVi3t wrote: »
    Im guessing that was Reverse Flash they showed early in that trailer?

ya zoom was one of the first names announced for the new show. So i'm predicting...barry meets zoom and becomes friends. zoom goes crazy and somehow gains powers and goes back in time to kill barrys mother to stop him from existing. barry now has to somehow create himself...sorta flashpoint meets the first time wally went into the speedforce and was time skipping, and realized the speed is sentient in some form.
    Post edited by maxx on

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,821
    edited May 2014
    So I guess we're going to get black Wally at some point down the line, since Iris is black.

Cue racist comic fan rage...

EDIT: Lol I just imagined a black Impulse... That would be the most annoying nigga ever.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    I like that the Weather Wizard was shown prominently but he is another character that requires a budget. He is basically male Storm, but all he amounts to in the trailer is fog and a shitty tornado that goes nowhere.

Still everything else looked good. Ferris shoutout at well, I expect to see GL at some point.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    I wonder how much interaction Arrow and Flash will have with each other over the years. It seems they both obviously know the other's secret identities, so it's gonna be kinda hard the next time Arrow needs to round up some crew to save his city, and doesn't bother getting the Fastest Man Alive to help out a little.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

• AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528
    Might be good but I'd rather it was a film.
    "I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

;_; "

Dander.
    I wonder how much interaction Arrow and Flash will have with each other over the years. It seems they both obviously know the other's secret identities, so it's gonna be kinda hard the next time Arrow needs to round up some crew to save his city, and doesn't bother getting the Fastest Man Alive to help out a little.

They'll use the same reason that's always used when hero X doesnt call hero Y.
  • FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Saving a town from some natural disaster?
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
  • SenninSRKSenninSRK The Forever One! Joined: Posts: 3,191
    Sooo is Wally gonna be here?

I doubt anybody would have given a fuck about Green Arrow being in the JLA movie if it weren't for his show, which is easily one of the best shows on TV right now, and one of the best superhero shows ever. If it had been a movie, it likely would have done the same as Green Lantern.

So yeah, let's have Flash be a TV show for now, earn his stripes, then bring Green Arrow along with him into the JLA movie.

How many episodes until Flash runs around the world to punch somebody with a lightspeed punch?

• SenninSRKSenninSRK The Forever One! Joined: Posts: 3,191
    If they were smart they would introduce GL and possibly aquaman into the picture.

I feel aquaman really needs a good TV push given how reputation.

itll be when ratings need a boost

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    I dunno about that suit, and I LOVE the Flash. I love Flash so much I have his symbol tattooed on me. But that suit is not meant to exist in real life.
    You may want to rethink that.

Flash-Costume-90s-TV-Series.jpg
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,821
    You're crazy, Raz0r... that suit was made of DREAMS.

John Wesley Shipp was the GOAT Flash...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    That was the early 90s. Imagine what they could pull off now.
    I wonder if they will bring back

The-Flash-The-Trickster-James-Jesse-11.jpg

• DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,330
    edited May 2014
    Trailer was too hype. Hopefully this show has its fair share of awesome side characters like Arrow.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker

I doubt anybody would have given a fuck about Green Arrow being in the JLA movie if it weren't for his show, which is easily one of the best shows on TV right now, and one of the best superhero shows ever. If it had been a movie, it likely would have done the same as Green Lantern.

So yeah, let's have Flash be a TV show for now, earn his stripes, then bring Green Arrow along with him into the JLA movie.

How many episodes until Flash runs around the world to punch somebody with a lightspeed punch?

Flashpoint Paradox proves that a Flash-centric story can work.

;_; "

Dander.
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,879
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I mean, it looks like they made the 90s Flash costume out of Nerf arrows.

Rofl Exactly. Looks like if he put a villian in the torture rack it would be the equivalent of sleeping on a temperudic.
    God's favorite ©

• GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm looking forward to this show. The trailer sold me on it.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,312
    I'm not too much of a DC fan, but I do like Flash, and surprisingly I'm kinda hyped for this. Might end up being one of the few shows I watch on cable. Can't wait. It looks like the brought everything over to live action pretty well.
    It's on the CW so you don't need cable.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,693

You're looking at that through your 2014 vision, of course it looks naf by today's standards. Back in the 90's Batman's Batmobile from Forever was the coolest car in the entire world!
    I don't remember dudes liking the Batmobile from the Schumacher flicks.

;_; "

Dander.
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,879

You're looking at that through your 2014 vision, of course it looks naf by today's standards. Back in the 90's Batman's Batmobile from Forever was the coolest car in the entire world!

Lol no...forever batmobile was terrible. Just BC you had all the toys don't mean it was universally liked :rosehiptea:
    God's favorite ©

• Thatdude8Thatdude8 Joined: Posts: 302
    Looks great well except for the alien looking cgi when running on the track. Looking forward to this. Guess this would be a good time to start watching arrow.
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    edited May 2014
    Hmm, guess I gotta start watching Archer now... or is it Arrow? Which one was it again?

edit: nvm, read a few of the previous posts.
    Post edited by SWBeta on
    SWBeta wrote: »
    Hmm, guess I gotta start watching Archer now... or is it Arrow? Which one was it again?

edit: nvm, read a few of the previous posts.

Watch both, they'll both take you to the DAAAANGER ZONE!
    I don't remember dudes liking the Batmobile from the Schumacher flicks.

alooot of people loved it.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog: