The Flash TV Series Thread

Comments

• SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 32,267
    What do you know, Beta was too much of a fraud to watch two of the best things on TV.

Any of you who haven't watched Arrow should be ashamed of yourselves. ASHAMED! :coffee:
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,647
    no shame.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    Saitsu wrote: »
    What do you know, Beta was too much of a fraud to watch two of the best things on TV.

Any of you who haven't watched Arrow should be ashamed of yourselves. ASHAMED! :coffee:

Sorry for not being a comic book phagg0t lord like you. I'll get around to it :coffee:
    no shame.

SHAME!
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 21,970
    Saitsu wrote: »
    no shame.

SHAME!

Sorry, couldn't help myself...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,424
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 10,737
    meh i got 20 minutes to have my heart torn out, ill check it out. Is the costume a typical CW disaster?
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,424
    Just watched it, it's alright, not sure if this is the complete episode because there are some major time skips between scenes. The writing is similar to Arrow, but no way near as violent, although some dude did get shot in the neck.

Series airs 7th October :bluu:
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,069 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's probably a reviewer copy. Comicon is soon.
    edited June 2014
    Oh shit that was fucking bad ass. Totally changes my opinion on CW, it felt like it had decent production values, the flash effects were awesome the cast was largely good (except for Iris West, wtf was that bullshit all about?) and yea acting was decent too, me gives it a 8/10 :tup:

Only bad bit about it was the Arrow cameo, like nigga get back to your halloween man.

edit: furious the copy i got was like 50mins long

edited June 2014
    Yeh the version I saw was a just over 45 minutes including credits. It was just weird that in one scene he is talking about going to Star Labs to see the particle accelerator, then immediately shows him leaving the event he was just talking about less than 5 seconds ago.

The promo showed they had decent CGI, but I wasn't expecting to see the flash special effects used so much + the tornado scene.
    RockBogart wrote: »
    It's probably a reviewer copy. Comicon is soon.

It has a water mark saying that it's for promotional use only, not review. So I'm hoping this isn't the final edit, pacing does go off a couple of times, and yeh Iris West's character isn't that great, she comes across as a huge distraction from the story.
    Cant have nothing flash related without a tornado scene dude

• FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,293
    I saw it. Overall decent. I think the Arrow pilot was better though, but no biggy. Flash already has his crew of tech geniuses. I thought he would be smart enough to make his own ish.

Side note: I like the special effects they did when he was figuring out the car at the first robbery. Hope they continue to do things like that to let us know what he's thinking.
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
    It has a water mark saying that it's for promotional use only, not review.

Eh, that's kind of the same thing. That's what the water marks on Oscar copies of films say. Either that or "For your consideration". Especially movies that are in that grey area of being released on time for awards. The episode might have some more post production done before it finally airs in October. But that all depends on budget.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 34,971 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    FOBio wrote: »
    I saw it. Overall decent. I think the Arrow pilot was better though, but no biggy. Flash already has his crew of tech geniuses. I thought he would be smart enough to make his own ish.

Side note: I like the special effects they did when he was figuring out the car at the first robbery. Hope they continue to do things like that to let us know what he's thinking.

he works as a csi guy....hes not thatttt smart.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    I'm not sure I like the special effects used to show him analysing a crime scene. It's been done so many times before. If they do it again they have to take into account his enhanced brain power, something along the lines of Will Graham's ability to reconstruct scenes in Hannibal, but do it in real time.
  • JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 666
    edited June 2014
    The ending had some interesting Easter eggs. There's so much to discuss about but I'll wait for the official release.
    Are we getting the freak of the week thing from Smallville? :(
    I hope not that would be taking two steps back, they need to follow Arrow's example, have strong narrative and follow it through, keep the distractions to a minimum.

I also hope Iris doesn't turn into Laurel.
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,912
    Here's a nice little making-of featurette...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=utsGqFIpL8Y

Still have no idea how this is going to work budget-wise. Product placement? Multiple international licensing deals? Supernatural or Smallville-like approach to showing very little of Barry's powers with camera tricks?
    CW should have a ton of money of the back of the rest of the shite they peddle surely? I hope Flash keeps up with the standard shown in the pilot.

• SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    up in Canada we have a station called Global. I don't know anything really about it except I highly doubt it is global, and they show a lot of Fox stuff and are probably owned by Fox (all the Fox shows air there...we still get Fox though...Global shows the big ones, and then other random shows).

anyways the point I was trying to make is that I pitched them a version of Flash myself. It involved girls flashing me, and then lots and lots of sex.

I'm still waiting to hear back, but I got my fingers crossed so I think we good, SRK!!!
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    lol.....this season on arrow....SUPERHEROES EVERYWHHERREEEEEEE

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,335
    maxx wrote: »
    lol.....this season on arrow....SUPERHEROES EVERYWHHERREEEEEEE

It went to failing a city to meta-humans getting caught with arrows in knees! I approve!
    I would rather the kept all the supernatural stuff in Flash, and kept Arrow grounded in realism with the odd cameo.
    Episode two will be called "Flash: The Fastest Man Alive"
    Flash%20CW%20script%20episode%2002.jpg
    Thanks to actor Rick Cosnett, who portrays Eddie Thawyne on The CW's Flash, we know the title of episode 02 is "The Fastest Man Alive". Flash: The Fastest Man Alive was a DC Comics title that ran in 2006 and starred Bart Allen (not Barry). Interestingly enough, Arrow showrunner Marc Guggenheim also had a stint as a writer on the series, contributing issues 09 thru 13. With the pilot already hinting at the concept of time travel, could an appearance from Barry Allen's grandson be in the works?
  • SenninSRKSenninSRK The Forever One! Joined: Posts: 3,191
    I would rather the kept all the supernatural stuff in Flash, and kept Arrow grounded in realism with the odd cameo.

Flash became integrated with supernatural stuff fairly early on in his original run...if anything the grounded realistic stuff isn't what he's about. Trying to make guys like count vertigo "realistic"ended up creating one of the worst things about the show.

I personally would prefer nightwing and Bruce to show up soon though....
    Oh so they did cast Thawne
    Oh so they did cast Thawne

Dang, I should not have google searched that name, just gone and spoilt it for myself..
    edited July 2014
    Well there is because quite a few people thought the professor might have been Thawne.

Might be a Monitor or Metatron at this point :coffee:
    Wentworth gonna be Captain Cold.
    More Felicity, always a good thing.
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,912
    edited July 2014
    Good news everyone!
    Another thing that will evolve: The Flash‘s red leather suit. Producers noted the suit will change over time thanks to innovations by Allen’s support team at Star Labs.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/18/the-flash-captain-cold/

Captain Cold is black. Wonder how comic nerds feel about this :coffee:
    His full name is Wenworth Earl Miller III, he ain't that black... kruemelmonster.gif
    edited July 2014
    BigDewey wrote: »
    Good news everyone!
    Another thing that will evolve: The Flash‘s red leather suit. Producers noted the suit will change over time thanks to innovations by Allen’s support team at Star Labs.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/18/the-flash-captain-cold/

Captain Cold is black. Wonder how comic nerds feel about this :coffee:
    His full name is Wenworth Earl Miller III, he ain't that black... kruemelmonster.gif

About as black as Obeezy and Tiger Woods :rofl:

If ever told what my full name was SUPPOSED to be, it would blow your mind
    damn i need to get my black ass to hollywood. at this rate all my friends are gonna be busy being black stunt men this year.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants RIP Shatta........ Joined: Posts: 20,080 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2014

Boom............
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,210
    Black Wally West I actually kinda like a lot and he's my favorite Flash anyway. Black iris West is fine because Iris has nothing about her thats specific to race and she's not interesting anyway.

Black Captain Cold? Ehhhhh....I don't know man. The fact that the most popular of the Flashes is Black is enough for me. This seems. ....unnecessary. I liked him the way he was before but whatever I don't care ENOUGH to complain about it as long as he acts the same.

If they wanted more Black heroes why didn't they just use the Black Firestorm Jason Rurch?

furyoffirestormno11d.jpg

Firestorm_BTBATB_002.png

1205675-jl_firestorm.jpg

cote-screenshot2.jpg
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
    im still convinced thawnes are gonna be all over the season. and i dont mean just one.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://www.eonline.com/news/564179/the-flash-casting-scoop-it-s-time-to-meet-plastique

tumblr_n9hwf9jPel1t29bjso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9hwf9jPel1t29bjso1_500.jpg
    DC Comics fans, we're pleased to introduce you to Plastique.

The Flash has cast Kelly Frye as Bette Sans Souci, aka Plastique, E! News has exclusively learned. Frye will make her debut on the CW's buzzed-about Arrow spinoff's fifth episode.

A bomb disposal expert in Iraq who, following exposure to the energy released by the S.T.A.R. Labs meltdown, Bette now has the ability to turn any object she touches into an explosive device. On the run from the shadow forces in the U.S. government trying to turn her into a human weapon, she finds an ally in fellow meta-human The Flash.

Prior to landing the explosive role of Plastique (See what we did there?), Frye starred on Fox's shortlived drama Rake and appeared on NCIS: Los Angeles and The Mentalist.

A classic DC villainess, Plastique was a love interest and foe for Captain Atom in the comics and was also a member of the Suicide Squad, a team Arrow fans will surely be familiar with. And Smallville fans may remember that Jessica Parker Kennedy portrayed Plastique in season eight.

Also set to appear on The Flash, which stars Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, aka the Flash, in its first season are Prison Break's Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart—or Captain Cold to comics fans—and Arrow star Stephen Amell's cousin Robbie Amell as Ronnie Raymond, the hero Firestorm. The first issue Plastique ever appeared in? It was called "The Fury of Firestorm #7." Hmm...

Joining Gustin on the series are Jesse L. Martin, Tom Cavanagh, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, Rick Cosnett and Carlos Valdes.

The Flash premieres Oct. 7 on the CW.

So it will be the Ronnie Raymond Firestorm..............hmm.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    edited July 2014
    Hmm...Plastique tends to be interesting.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/flash-clancy-brown-wade-eiling-724233
    The Flash is going deep into the DC mythology.

The CW's Arrow spinoff has tapped Sleepy Hollow actor Clancy Brown in a pivotal recurring role, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. He will first appear in the fifth episode.

Brown will play General Wade Eiling, also known as The General, the head of a black ops army team pursuing Plastique (Kelly Frye) in the hopes of using her as a human weapon. Described as a tall and imposing man, with "a face carved from years of duty," Eiling is fanatically intent on protecting American interests around the world and may have ties to a central Flash character.

To those familiar with DC, the character of Wade Eiling has been featured in the comics and in several animated series, including Justice League Unlimited (voiced by J.K. Simmons), as a sometimes ally/sometimes nemesis of the Justice League and Amanda Waller. He also has ties to the Suicide Squad.

The Flash centers on Central City assistant police forensic investigator Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) who visits Starling City to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. Through a freak accident, he is given the power of superspeed, which transforms him into the fastest man alive. Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, Jesse L. Martin, Candice Patton, Tom Cavanagh, Rick Cosnett and John Wesley Shipp also star.

Brown is the latest addition to a guest cast that includes Tomorrow People's Robbie Amell as one-half of Firestorm and Prison Break's Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold. The first episode features a cameo appearance by Arrow star Stephen Amell, episode four will have Emily Bett Rickards' Felicity crossing over to Central City and the eighth episodes of Arrow and The Flash will be a two-hour crossover event.

Brown, who next appears in 2016's Warcraft and was the voice of Lex Luthor in several animated properties, is repped by ICM Partners and Pop Art Management. Fun fact: Brown voiced the villain, Parallax, for The Flash executive producer Greg Berlanti's 2011 film The Green Lantern.

The Flash premieres Oct. 7 on The CW.

Awesome..............

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/zap2it_first_the_flash_star-crossed_greg_finley_girder_tony_woodward-2014-08

tumblr_namskw3QW61tbsjlbo1_500.png
    Zap2it has learned that "The Flash" has cast a former "Star-Crossed" alien -- actor Greg Finley -- to play the villainous Girder in two upcoming episodes of the show's Season 1.

Finley's role of Tony Woodward will appear in episodes 6 and 7 of "The Flash." Thanks to the S.T.A.R. Labs explosion in the premiere episode of the series, Tony finds himself with the ability to transform his skin into living metal. In the guise of Girder, Tony then goes on a crime spree that only Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) may be able to stop.

The connection between the two men doesn't stop there, however. Back when they were kids, Tony was the bully who used to torment Barry.

Most recently seen in "Star-Crossed" as the militant Atrian teen, Drake, Finley was also a regular on "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" and has appeared on "Law & Order: SVU," "Emily Owens, MD" and "House."

Reaching deeper into the Rouges Gallery..........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    tumblr_nbefroXBsQ1tahu57o1_500.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/flash-dominic-purcell-heat-wave-729700
    The Hollywood Reporter brings word today that former “Prison Break” star Dominic Purcell has joined the cast of The CW’s upcoming series “The Flash” where he will reunite with former co-star Wentworth Miller in the show’s 10th episode. Purcell will take on the role of Mick Rory, who will become the supervillain Heat Wave after teaming up with Miller’s Leonard Snart aka Captain Cold.

Created by John Broome and Carmine Infantino in The Flash #140 back in 1963, Rory has appeared in dozens of comics over the years and began as having no powers and relying solely on his flamethrower gun. The character was later reinvented for DC’s “New 52″ which saw him as a pyrokinetic instead. It’s unclear which version of the character will be appearing on the upcoming series. Heat Wave is also a noted member of “The Rogues,” and his inclusion in the series makes him the fourth confirmed “Rogue” to appear following Captain Cold, Weather Wizard, and Girder.

“The Flash” arrives from co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, who, along with Geoff Johns, wrote the pilot episode which was helmed by “Arrow” pilot director David Nutter. Grant Gustin will star as the titular hero along with Candice Patton as Iris West, Jesse L. Martin as Iris’s father, Detective West, Michelle Harrison​ as Barry’s mother Nora Allen and many others, including John Wesley Shipp, from the original “The Flash” TV series as Barry’s father.

“The Flash” premieres October 7 on The CW.

A Prison Break reunion at the Flash.............

Extended Origin promo

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/flash-amanda-pays-tina-mcgee-1201306102/

Amanda Pays join the new Flash show as the same character she played in the older CBS series...............Tina McGee.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The more and more I'm seeing news about this show, the more and more my nerdgasms grow.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3