Senran Kagura Discussion

Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,345
edited March 2014 in Fighting Game Discussion
(Idk if this counts as a fighting game but It does have a versus mode and you can fight against people online with different characters so I guess it counts right? And you can have 2-4 character matches so it isn't just a beat em up.If not please move this to the general thread. Thanks ^_^ )

This game is an all girl which is a mix of 3 genres, action/beat em up/fighting game. It has a total of 22 playable characters in the series and they are two types of games for this series.

One Called Senran Kagura Burst which is just a beat em up came out in the overseas for the 3DS not to long ago

Another is called Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus that is a mix of a beat em up and fighting game that is rumored to come overseas for the PS Vita soon
IbuGDmmfs7NuAm.jpg

Here is some 1 on 1 gameplay of the game (skip past the commentary at 2:44)

Even though it is a fanservicy game (not that I dissaprove), I am really interested In the series (mainly Shinovi Versus), the game is fun and has many interesting characters with interesting fighting styles.

Comments

• PNVJPNVJ Joined: Posts: 105
    edited March 2014
    I think it may count

Anyway, I never played Senran Kagura but I've heard and seen some videos. Also heard the game is good

Burst doesn't really interest me tbh but I'll still get it and I'll probably like it, but Shinovi Versus looks like alot of fun. I hope it is true that the game will come to the US/EU. My favorite characters is Asuka and Homura
    Post edited by PNVJ on
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,345
    Who is petty enough to flag my post? <_<
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,996
    Some who fears tits.

I haven't gotten around to getting Burst on the 3DS. It looks like a fun beat em up. It would be nice if Marvelous brought over Shinobi Vs
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,954
    weired i was ware of this serie sbut ignore it when found out it had no versus mode. if this si true than I finally haveanother reason to get 3ds other than the late Code of princess.
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • JetKinenJetKinen Joined: Posts: 563
    I wouldn't count.

The same way i don't count the Dynasty Warriors and the Sengoku Basara games with versus mode
  • NiitrisNiitris Joined: Posts: 216
    1-on-1 online, interesting. Not sure if it suddenly counts as a "fighting game" because of it.

<_< ......

>_> ........

I would like a Senran Kagura Fighting game. kaythnxbye.
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 488
    I got a copy of Shinovi Versus while I was at Anime Weekend Atlanta, I enjoy every minute of it. Only wished I could use my Online Pass code so I can play people but my Vita is tied to my US account. ( ~ _~)
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
    Monkey66 wrote: »
    Who is petty enough to flag my post? <_<

Make that 2

• YuriYumYuriYum Joined: Posts: 134
    edited March 2014
    I can't believe Shinovi Versus may come to the west, that's great news!! I just hope it comes out here before the next Senran Kagura games come out in Japan.

I am interested in playing all the characters all, especially Murakumo and Shiki, also really want to play Minori as well :)
  • PeacockPeacock Joined: Posts: 161
    I can't wait for Shinovi Versus to (hopefully) come to the US!!!!
    Xseed announced that Burst sold well enough to consider localizing other games in the series
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/13/senran-kagura-burst-sold-well-enough-xseed-considering-games-series/
    edited March 2014
    Xseed announced that Burst sold well enough to consider localizing other games in the series
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/13/senran-kagura-burst-sold-well-enough-xseed-considering-games-series/

Wow this is great news, guess Shinovi Versus isn't the only game from Senran Kagura that we could look forward to after all :D
  • therooktherook I Challenge My Fate! Joined: Posts: 3,458
    I hope they announce Shinovi Versus soon...I was surprised by how fast they announced a release date for Akiba's Trip 2(another game im looking forward to), and I'm kinda expecting them to release Shinovi Versus around the 3rd Quarter....right around when Japan gets SK2.
    SFIV: Guy, Cody, E.Ryu, Poison.
    Gundam Extreme: Wing Zero(TV)
    Tekken: Lili, Asuka, A.King, Julia/Jaycee, Kunimitsu.
    SC: Taki/Natsu
    VF5FS: Eileen, El Blaze, Aoi.

That's great, hope we get a Shinovi Versus game real not to long from now, summer would be the best time for me :) .
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,259
    I hope Shinovi Verses comes out over here, when I finally get around to getting my 3ds burst will be one of the first games I cop. I actually started watching the short anime they have for the series, to get familiarized with everything.
    Watching the anime is how I got into the series. It was dumb fun
    I agree. I put it on hold, I'm only 2 eps in. But I think Ikaruga, and Katsu are dope as hell. That show is silly as fuck lo
  • BzChoyBzChoy Only the finest poverty shit. Joined: Posts: 432
    Suzune is the best though.
    My main: the most lame, cheesy, trollish character in your favorite game.

Yeah, apparently people do play Advanced V.G. 2, well Japs do. Check it out, the grandaunt or some shit of anime games: Advanced V.G. 2 - JPN Competitive Matches
    I hope the Shinovi Versus girls are part of the next season.
    I can't wait for the game to come over here, when Shinovi Versus comes out over here anybody wanna play some matches online? :)
    edited May 2014
    I can't wait for the game to come over here, when Shinovi Versus comes out over here anybody wanna play some matches online? :)

I'm down!

But I think its gonna drop this year, I remember XSeed having a teaser thingy at the end of last year with blacked out images of people, and I believe one was a SK girl, and the other was something from this game Akiba's Trip which was announced. So I think they are just giving up pain by still flirting with the SK release.

Since they know we are pretty hyped for it. But yeah we just gotta wait it for it.

It will drop this year :)

Yeah and the pick silhouette was Imu so it's totally SV

Sure, prepare to get your but kicked by Asuka and Homura when it comes out :)
    PNVJ wrote: »

Not if my Murakumo and Shiki beat you
    edited May 2014
    Delete
    Hell yea! I'm gonna try to get the retail copy
    Hell yea! I'm gonna try to get the retail copy

Me too, the extras that come with it sounds awesome
    I saw the news on Xseed twitter. I got hyped as fuck! Definitely getting that physical copy!!
    Wonderful, I'm totally getting that physical copy
    edited May 2014
    I finished up the anime a few days ago, has anyone read any of the manga? I plan on reading sometime soon
    I,finished the anime, but I didn't even know there was a manga series.

Not if my Murakumo and Shiki beat you

We'll see :)
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,294
    Senran Kagura is cool. I want to *honk* in Daidouji's *honk* and then have my house destroyed by Hibari's giant butt.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

Make sure to get the limited edition. It comes with a soundtrack and artbook

tumblr_n5hm1xPYLU1rg38i3o2_1280.jpg
    Well shit now I have to buy a Vita.

edited May 2014
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    Well shit now I have to buy a Vita.

No lie, this game is the #1 reason I got the PS Vita in the first place so I understand where you're coming from lol :)
    Make sure to get the limited edition. It comes with a soundtrack and artbook

tumblr_n5hm1xPYLU1rg38i3o2_1280.jpg

Wow it looks great, hopefully I'll be able to get it
    ^ That sounds like a good deal.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Really wish the 3ds version got a psysical copy too in usa.
    Yeah I wonder why it didn't
    ^ Yay that's the third Senran Kagura game coming to the west. Glad to know we are getting the games here now.

Hope the other games come here as well as the upcoming ones.
    Yesssssssssss

I hope Senran Kagura Estival.Versus the sequel to Shinovi Versus) comes to the west as well. It's suppose to be a multiplatform game.
    Here is the logo to the cooking game

10365531_574544135999415_2381336230281756052_o.jpg
    Who are you guys most excited to play as? For me it's Miyabi, she is so badass

Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash DVD box set will release this summer to North America for Blue-Ray and DVD

Senran-Kagura-BD-400x302.png

Peacock wrote: »
    Who are you guys most excited to play as? For me it's Miyabi, she is so badass

For me it's Shiki and Murakumo, also looking forward to Katsuragi and Yagyu. But I am totally excited to play everyonei Shinovi Versus :)