Hyper Dragon Ball Z (Fangame), Unf!!

MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,990
edited April 2014 in Fighting Game Discussion

Comments

• Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,089
    This is hot. I mentioned in EventHubs that it has a C&D target on it's head, but perhaps the fans can have Shonen Jump/Funimation/Namco-Bandai make this official and put some hard cash behind it.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    One of the better looking MUGEN projects I've seen. Don't see it ever being "official" though. It's good that it looks semi finished because maybe they can get a release out before any cease and desist action can be taken. Then, if they get the c&d, it's already out in the aether being passed around.
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    This is hot. I mentioned in EventHubs that it has a C&D target on it's head, but perhaps the fans can have Shonen Jump/Funimation/Namco-Bandai make this official and put some hard cash behind it.

I would really like to hope that Shonen Jump would have more sense than to officially license a MUGEN game.

I'm sorry you only see things that limited.

I was thinking more emulating the game system on another (better) engine and replicating/improving what we seen so far. MUGEN is not an engine you can use to sale games.

But if you didn't consider that I don't blame you.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • InknailInknail alert the lame police Joined: Posts: 193
    Looks really nice for a MUGEN project. Something tells me that multiple saibamen ai vs player is gonna be ridiculous crossups though. Hopefully it doesn't go the c&d route.
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,990
    perhaps the fans can have Shonen Jump/Funimation/Namco-Bandai make this official and put some hard cash behind it.
    There's no way Shonen Jump would do that. In the best and more optimistic of the cases, they could remake the game... But there's like, about 0 chances.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,330

I would really like to hope that Shonen Jump would have more sense than to officially license a MUGEN game.

I'm sorry you only see things that limited.

I was thinking more emulating the game system on another (better) engine and replicating/improving what we seen so far. MUGEN is not an engine you can use to sale games.

But if you didn't consider that I don't blame you.

My line of thinking was that MUGEN is a poor judge of how good something is because being on MUGEN immediately makes it worse and I don't think anyone has even played it yet, so no one has any reason to believe it's any good, and even if they were to remake it, there's no saying THAT would be any good. In other words, I would really like to hope that Shonen Jump would have more sense than to officially license something that isn't good.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    edited April 2014
    Lots of presumptions there. Listen, I hate MUGEN, but I have too much balance to outright write something off because of my informed biases.

As I said, I don't blame you. Your approach seems common on the internet, I don't expect a great deal from strangers. It's cool.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • lw3lw3 Joined: Posts: 277
    That game looks good but i always wanted to see a dbz game under the guilty gear/blazblu or marvel vs engine.
  • CSword123CSword123 oh god OHGOD! why did I think this was a good idea? please... just- I'M SORRY!! Joined: Posts: 1,214
    edited April 2014
    My line of thinking was that MUGEN is a poor judge of how good something is because being on MUGEN immediately makes it worse and I don't think anyone has even played it yet, so no one has any reason to believe it's any good, and even if they were to remake it, there's no saying THAT would be any good. In other words, I would really like to hope that Shonen Jump would have more sense than to officially license something that isn't good.

Check the video description for the download link. Goku and Vegeta feel REALLY good as MvC1 characters. Only thing I wish for are IAD shortcuts + flight and junk, but there is already alot to sink my teeth into. For example, they fix the "six air normals that more or less do the same shit" by making heavies ground bounce. There's also both EX specials AND supers.
    KI: Jago
    GG: Chipp/Ky
    UMVC3: Team "Rider May Die" - Ghost Rider/Vergil/Dante
    Best KI community on the webs: www.killerinstinctonline.net
    My line of thinking was that MUGEN is a poor judge of how good something is because being on MUGEN immediately makes it worse and I don't think anyone has even played it yet, so no one has any reason to believe it's any good
    I agree that MUGEN is not exactly great, and it's only "decent" in the best of the cases. But this game looks good and well done, not only the work with the graphics but the combo system looks way above the MUGEN's average.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,603
    That scream when goku powered up gave me chills...MY Lord
    the beam sounds were on point
    just awesome the audio was fucking awesome
  • CaptainGinyuCaptainGinyu Choppin Bricks Like Karate Joined: Posts: 1,978
    Goku with Divekick confirmed for God Tier.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”-Jimi Hendrix
    Take the Raw Vegan challenge! Lol nah fam, I don't even do this shit anymore.

SFV: Zangief Sub: Juri
    GGXRD Revalator: Ramlethal Valentine
    KOF XI: Terry/Oswald/Gato | KOF 14: Terry/NAK/KOD, Terry/Yamazaki/KOD

PSN: CaptDeepThot

• MollyFighterMollyFighter Barkley Fightan Dev Joined: Posts: 630
    edited April 2014

Streaming Hyper DBZ netplay.

EDIT: Stream is over.
    Post edited by MollyFighter on
  • Bryanv2Bryanv2 BryanJ Joined: Posts: 1,646
    Im actually really pumped for this. The amount of personality they gave to the characters too..youhgl
    UMVC3: Main : Dante/Vergil/Strider (mag). Alt 1#: Wolverine/Dante/Akuma. Alt 2# Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye. Alt 3#: Wesker/Anything
    Bait Reversal Fighter 4 AE: Main: Ken - Alts: Akuma, Seth, Ibuki. (Low HP lets go ;_;)
    BB CS2: Bang (Meh..), Makoto, Platinum
    Tekken 6: Raven, Lars, King
  • AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 884
    SSJ Goku has retarded combo options from anywhere on screeen.

and that divekick
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • MLPUlquiorraMLPUlquiorra The guy who knows a lot about fighting games and yet, believes he is still below average. Joined: Posts: 9
    Wow. That was nice. This is why I give Mugen a chance. A small chance but, a chance.
    PSN: Ulquiorra2nds
    Steam ID(can't come on Steam atm): MLPUlquiorra
    3s: Makoto, Yang, Remy, and Urien(I also have many pocket characters)
    Ultra(getting it this weekend): Oni, Akuma, E.Ryu, Yang, Makoto, Vega, etc... I love playing a lot of characters.
    TTT2: AK/Bryan, Hei/AK, and any combination of King, DVJ, Kaz, Hei, Bryan, AK.

When I'm playing fighting games, I am usually in a better state of mind. When I go play Call of Duty, I get the scrubbiest mindset I've ever had and it shocks me. I need to get a better FPS. Like Counter-Strike. Or maybe Titanfall and Destiny.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,335
    Actually looks not half bad.

Funny that, considering about a few weeks ago I was on a MUGEN youtube binge reliving the crazy crap of years ago (and Rare Akuma).
    Feels weird actually seeing a WELL MADE project with the engine.

Only critique is I wish the hit sounds were louder. I tend to get pumped when there's action like that and I hear the awesome ass-kicking sounds that follow.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • NephinelNephinel Jill - Mistress of Wyverns Joined: Posts: 705
    edited April 2014
    for a second there I thought this was gonna be a sequel to Super Dragon Ball Z

whoa this looks pretty beast, considering most of the crap you find with MUGEN:

This battle is about to explode. FIGHT!
    PSN: Nephinel
    NNID: Nephinel
  • MR_47MR_47 Joined: Posts: 10
    wow this is hype. in terms of personal preferences, if possible; I think this game will look amazing in KOF13/King of Combat graphic style while retaining the engine of crossover game.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,982 mod
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,387
    One of the only DBZ fighters done right, is done through Mugen. Never would have guessed.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227
    This game looks awesome. The animation has been made a bit more disney than dbz but nonetheless the animation is fluid, the hitboxes make contact at reasonable distances, the scaling looks good as far as super normals are concerned and movement looks like it'll be a great determinant. I am going to look into downloading it and playing it some time soon.
    8tROOXi.png
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,670
    Didn't realize it was playable.... and it has netplay.....

...we in there
  • BzChoyBzChoy Only the finest poverty shit. Joined: Posts: 443
    Freaking Mr. Satan, rolling out of hitstun everytime I hit him. How do I combo on him?
    My main: the most lame, cheesy, trollish character in your favorite game.

Yeah, apparently people do play Advanced V.G. 2, well Japs do. Check it out, the grandaunt or some shit of anime games: Advanced V.G. 2 - JPN Competitive Matches
  • OmnigearOmnigear Joined: Posts: 52
    No Air Battles....
  • CaptainGinyuCaptainGinyu Choppin Bricks Like Karate Joined: Posts: 1,978
    BzChoy wrote: »
    Freaking Mr. Satan, rolling out of hitstun everytime I hit him. How do I combo on him?

You can't, that's part of the fun.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”-Jimi Hendrix
    Take the Raw Vegan challenge! Lol nah fam, I don't even do this shit anymore.

SFV: Zangief Sub: Juri
    GGXRD Revalator: Ramlethal Valentine
    KOF XI: Terry/Oswald/Gato | KOF 14: Terry/NAK/KOD, Terry/Yamazaki/KOD

PSN: CaptDeepThot

• Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Mad Hatred Beyond the Haterdome Joined: Posts: 16,430
    The only thing I don't like is their fighting stance. Everything looks like a good time. Just need to get my boy Vegetto in there.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    edited April 2014
    Meh, knowing Bandai, they will release in two months Dragon Ball Z Hyper Butouden Budokai Extreme Raising Flash 7 Battle of XYZW Final Dimension Plus Alpha Revolution, the only new thing this time will be Goku's mom playable.
  • tatsunicaltatsunical tragic hero Joined: Posts: 863
    AKI wrote: »
    Mugen
    apparently the divekick infinite shown here only works on vegeta

mugen mysteriez
    What about this? XD

Messing with Vegeta's damage potential.
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,670
    Where can I find the move list for the characters? I can't figure out what Goku's teleport is.
    Check the chars folder. In there will be the specific character's folder. Inside should be a readme about the character including the movelist.