Video Game General 2.0: Yo Dawg I Heard You Like Remasters And Ports...

17576788081391

Comments

  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,704
    Can't they just fire Tsujimoto senior? Even since the early days this nigga has been making crappy decisions for capcom. If you are on the fuck capcom train just now, than with the shit capcom has done before this honestly should have been expected. This is why i am able to remain a fan of the IPs the company produces, because its same shit new day.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,379
    Can't they just fire Tsujimoto senior? Even since the early days this nigga has been making crappy decisions for capcom. If you are on the fuck capcom train just now, than with the shit capcom has done before this honestly should have been expected. This is why i am able to remain a fan of the IPs the company produces, because its same shit new day.

    Because he got them Yakuza connects, most likely. Wait until he's light bringing in their monthly take... The Ninjas will get 'em, lol.
    Hecatom wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I would laugh, because Sega is allergic to money... If you think Capcom is doing bad now...
    You are aware that Sega does huges amounts of money with their pachinko machines, that yakuza money, and no, i am not talking about the video game.

    That's what I mean... They find new and original ways to prevent their games from making any money.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,954
    edited June 2014
    Imagine the irony if Kamiya bought capcom.

    I think Bethesda would benefit the most from buying capcom IF, I said IF, they do not get involved with the development process too heavily. I say this because of a few things.
    1. Bethesda needs a better stable of games besides "Shoot stuff", and "slash stuff and do spells", and the occasional licensed game title(see terminator games).
    2. That said about needing a broader stable of games, the ones they currently do own, just absolutely print money. So bethesda has deep ass pockets. Money is something Capcom needs right now. And lots of it.
    3. Whether you like their games or not, Bethesda is a solid company. Capcom could use new reigns while they develop new stuff. "Quit putting so much budget into that fucking cut scene." "Stop pissing off your fan base" "You arent hiring 100 people a year anymore. Work with what you have."

    I struggled to think of a prospering Japan based game dev company that isnt in dire straits. Sure Nintendo is there but they are still having an identity crisis trying to adapt to the times. Plus their super strict media policies would completely remove Capcom fighters from EVO altogether. Probably even youtube as well. Valve cant have them because Capcom can count to 3. EA and Ubisoft are absolutely out of the question. Activision is too. I guess Sony could work out but I dont see that happening even in an alternate universe.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,301
    I like the new DmC AND the God of War games.
    -waits for someone to tell me I'm wrong-
    Okay you are wrong. Also The New DMC and God of War games?
    All credibility is lost.
    Joshkaz wrote: »
    Nintendo.
    Nintendo not doing well.
    I only see Microsoft wanting Capcom's top IPs but not the company itself. If another company is going to buy them my money on Sega. They've been on a roll buying top developers and publishers.
    And if that happens all of Capcom's IP is dead. Sonic already has one foot in the grave. Only thing Sega knows how to do now is make releases of retro game ports.

    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,874
    Can't they just fire Tsujimoto senior? Even since the early days this nigga has been making crappy decisions for capcom. If you are on the fuck capcom train just now, than with the shit capcom has done before this honestly should have been expected. This is why i am able to remain a fan of the IPs the company produces, because its same shit new day.

    As awful as his decisions have been it hasn't stopped Capcom from making money. Most of the games they've put out have been successful. Capcom got the dough to build two new building for the sole purpose of having more in-house studios. Capcom ain't hurting. They won't force him out until they do.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX BLACK-GOKU-HAX Joined: Posts: 18,031
    Also am i the only one that has a problem with the new Xenoblade title? If its not a sequel to xenoblade, and theres no sign of any blades in it, and its part of the Xeno series, just call it Xenomech.

    Also, with the character customization thing, i wonder if you will be able to switch between members of your party at all anymore, and i am also wondering whether or not if that isn't the case, can you atleast preform class changes or something.
    They got to the skill tree - class changing names at the very end of the Treehouse, all gameplay stream by someone who did know how to play to breeze through it.

    Ridiculous scale. Only as big as that dinosaurs toenail!
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,569
    How exactly did Capcom lose all that money? I know they dropped some shitty games but they still sold well. Only main IP that flopped was DmC. Anyone have more info on how they got into financial trouble even though for the most part their games are selling?

    Im guess theres something else hurting them
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,660
    God damn does Capcom suck.
    Be well.
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    How exactly did Capcom lose all that money? I know they dropped some shitty games but they still sold well. Only main IP that flopped was DmC. Anyone have more info on how they got into financial trouble even though for the most part their games are selling?

    Im guess theres something else hurting them

    SFxT flopped even harder than DmC, There was also Lost Planet 3, Remember Me, both MvC3 and UMvC3 wasn't as good as they hoped.

    I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

    [8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,954
    I think RE6 sold decently but they put so much money into it that it still didnt matter. They were expecting numbers greater than RE5 and they didnt get it. Asura's Wrath, even though it is a really cool game experience flopped HARD. The kinda hard where people dont even know it exists until they see it in a bargain bin.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,660
    MVC3 wasn't as good as anyone hoped :coffee:
    Still buying it for the Vita. I didn't outright dislike it, but the Ultimate edition coming out 9 months later has resulted in a boycott that hasn't relented yet.
    Be well.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,569
    jedpossum wrote: »
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    How exac:Otly did Capcom lose all that money? I know they dropped some shitty games but they still sold well. Only main IP that flopped was DmC. Anyone have more info on how they got into financial trouble even though for the most part their games are selling?

    Im guess theres something else hurting them

    SFxT flopped even harder than DmC, There was also Lost Planet 3, Remember Me, both MvC3 and UMvC3 wasn't as good as they hoped.

    SFxT was their fault with DLC scandal. I know LP3 did bad. Had no clue on the MvC3 on rather it did good enough. I didn't know how much cut they would've got for Remember Me, since they only published. But it was a solid game. But it didn't help that it dropped during Last of Us hype release window
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,874
    jedpossum wrote: »
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    How exactly did Capcom lose all that money? I know they dropped some shitty games but they still sold well. Only main IP that flopped was DmC. Anyone have more info on how they got into financial trouble even though for the most part their games are selling?

    Im guess theres something else hurting them

    SFxT flopped even harder than DmC, There was also Lost Planet 3, Remember Me, both MvC3 and UMvC3 wasn't as good as they hoped.

    SFxT didn't flop harder than DmC. It didn't reach it's sales goal but the game wasn't a financial failure while DmC was. MvC3 sold over 2 million and UMvC3 got in additional million according to Capcom's investor site. 2 mil is the usual Capcom sales forecast so MvC3 is a success.

    The biggest thing that's killing Capcom is their investment on the mobile market. None of the games they dropped on mobile have made a dent in any market.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,954
    I recall MvC3 doing alright, but Ultimate fucked it up because lol $40 dlc 5 months later.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,460
    Capcom is in the same boat Nintendo has been in in that they still havent caught up to the online gaming age and even then i would say Nintendo has even been ahead of them in that regards. Look at pokemon and all the stuff they added with the GTS battling options and the like that are offered and thats going back to BW DPP and the like look at mario karts online options. Now I want you to look at SF4 and how barebones it is granted I will give them the +1 for their replay options which are some of the most extensive out of any game out. Resident evil, lost planet, and MVC (they really fucked up with MVC3 online) even their golden goose monster hunter have garbage online options compared to even the most mediocre of western titles.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,296
    ...What more options would you want for Fighting Games? I mean, Lost Planet sure I understand. RE...I guess. But how many options would you actually want for FGs?
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,569
    Saitsu wrote: »
    ...What more options would you want for Fighting Games? I mean, Lost Planet sure I understand. RE...I guess. But how many options would you actually want for FGs?

    Well, a rematch option in two-player lobbies, for one. Other than that, SF4 is pretty ok on online modes.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

    R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,296
    Saitsu wrote: »
    ...What more options would you want for Fighting Games? I mean, Lost Planet sure I understand. RE...I guess. But how many options would you actually want for FGs?

    Well, a rematch option in two-player lobbies, for one. Other than that, SF4 is pretty ok on online modes.

    That one is fair enough.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I really wish people would read my posts instead of type casting me as a rageaholic who hates everything new...

    @orochizoolander, if you feel like throwing away a couple of dollars(because that's all that crap is worth) on DmC, knock yourself out.
    I know you were never a fan of the DMC/Bayonetta style of action games to begin with, so the dumbed down, God of War style combat in DmC will probably be right up your alley. But I have a suspicion that even you will become annoyed with color-coded enemies and the appallingly bad characters and story.

    Read through the basic parts of the shitty ass DmC thread to see why Capcom owes DMC fans a public apology for the trolling and insulting they let that catfish looking motherfucker Alex Jones and supreme douchebag and *gay slur that gets redacted*Tameem Antoinaides get away with.

    @Saitsu, I said I would like for Capcom to license the Mega Man IP to Nintendo, since they seem to still remember what the character is about. I never had a problem with companies loaning out their IPs; I just had a problem with an unproven(now proven to be shit tier) developer like Ninja Theory handling the DMC franchise. They proved me right with all of their antics and the sub-par product they put out... Nintendo and Platinum can be trusted to not half-ass things and deliver a good game.

    @Syke1, yes, I like MM9 and 10. They were nice throwbacks and fun games. I still run through MM9 every now and again... However, I had hoped the success of MM9 would pave the way for a next-gen Mega Man with updated graphics. I somewhat have gotten my wish with Mighty No. 9, though.

    So yeah, until they get their act together(which at this point, may be never)

    FUCK. CAPCOM.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    snip

    There's nothing wrong with people liking those games, Martian. My annoyance is over them taking a series that was about twitch action and combat freedom like DMC and turning it into God of War, when it already exists.
    There are enough "simple" action games out there, that fucking over the dedicated DMC fanbase was completely unnecessary... Then to add insult to injury, we get that shitty Donte modeled after Tameem himself, all the awful PR stuff...
    Seriously, Google all the shit Tameem and Jones said about DMC fans and gamers in general--This asshole Tameem basically said he could do whatever he wanted to the franchise because gamers are stupid and would buy it anyway(so glad he got proven wrong).

    He insulted YOU, directly, Martian... He said you'd buy his game and enjoy it because you are too lazy to master the old games.

    You're goddamned right I hate that shit and everything and everyone who is responsible for it.

    THAT right there was the final straw... after years of them phoning it in and teasing, Capcom had finally pissed me(and a lot of other people) right the fuck off with that stunt... Yeah, Capcom has done a bit of good over the years, but it is overshadowed by all the other fuckery they've pulled-- SFxT pay to win and DLC mishandling, the death of Clover, the burial of Mega Man, and the subsequent trolling of that franchise's fans, and the absolute refusal to take any responsibility for their mistakes... The only things they get halfway right are RE, SF, Monster Hunter, and whatever Itsuno works on, and those first two are debatable.

    Yeah, I think FUCK CAPCOM is very apt.


    Nigga hush: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8880402/#Comment_8880402
  • richmondsterrichmondster Joined: Posts: 23
    that's cool man, i love left for dead 3
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,379
    edited June 2014
    Lol Beta.

    EDIT: FUCK CAPCOM.
    Post edited by po pimpus on
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    SWBeta wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I really wish people would read my posts instead of type casting me as a rageaholic who hates everything new...

    @orochizoolander, if you feel like throwing away a couple of dollars(because that's all that crap is worth) on DmC, knock yourself out.
    I know you were never a fan of the DMC/Bayonetta style of action games to begin with, so the dumbed down, God of War style combat in DmC will probably be right up your alley. But I have a suspicion that even you will become annoyed with color-coded enemies and the appallingly bad characters and story.

    Read through the basic parts of the shitty ass DmC thread to see why Capcom owes DMC fans a public apology for the trolling and insulting they let that catfish looking motherfucker Alex Jones and supreme douchebag and *gay slur that gets redacted*Tameem Antoinaides get away with.

    @Saitsu, I said I would like for Capcom to license the Mega Man IP to Nintendo, since they seem to still remember what the character is about. I never had a problem with companies loaning out their IPs; I just had a problem with an unproven(now proven to be shit tier) developer like Ninja Theory handling the DMC franchise. They proved me right with all of their antics and the sub-par product they put out... Nintendo and Platinum can be trusted to not half-ass things and deliver a good game.

    @Syke1, yes, I like MM9 and 10. They were nice throwbacks and fun games. I still run through MM9 every now and again... However, I had hoped the success of MM9 would pave the way for a next-gen Mega Man with updated graphics. I somewhat have gotten my wish with Mighty No. 9, though.

    So yeah, until they get their act together(which at this point, may be never)

    FUCK. CAPCOM.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    snip

    There's nothing wrong with people liking those games, Martian. My annoyance is over them taking a series that was about twitch action and combat freedom like DMC and turning it into God of War, when it already exists.
    There are enough "simple" action games out there, that fucking over the dedicated DMC fanbase was completely unnecessary... Then to add insult to injury, we get that shitty Donte modeled after Tameem himself, all the awful PR stuff...
    Seriously, Google all the shit Tameem and Jones said about DMC fans and gamers in general--This asshole Tameem basically said he could do whatever he wanted to the franchise because gamers are stupid and would buy it anyway(so glad he got proven wrong).

    He insulted YOU, directly, Martian... He said you'd buy his game and enjoy it because you are too lazy to master the old games.

    You're goddamned right I hate that shit and everything and everyone who is responsible for it.

    THAT right there was the final straw... after years of them phoning it in and teasing, Capcom had finally pissed me(and a lot of other people) right the fuck off with that stunt... Yeah, Capcom has done a bit of good over the years, but it is overshadowed by all the other fuckery they've pulled-- SFxT pay to win and DLC mishandling, the death of Clover, the burial of Mega Man, and the subsequent trolling of that franchise's fans, and the absolute refusal to take any responsibility for their mistakes... The only things they get halfway right are RE, SF, Monster Hunter, and whatever Itsuno works on, and those first two are debatable.

    Yeah, I think FUCK CAPCOM is very apt.


    Nigga hush: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8880402/#Comment_8880402
    Still POTY so far beta. You did it you jabroni
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

    I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • GrenGren Nash Out With Your Stash Out Joined: Posts: 1,849
    Guessing all that Last of Us footage is from pre-rendered cutscenes, because other than a resolution bump, they pretty much look the same :lol:.

    Hoping to see improvements in the assets used during actual gameplay (like with GTA & TR), otherwise, what a lazy-ass port.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,342
    edited June 2014
    ps4 version is less green.
    Take my money now, Naughtydog.

    GTA5 is a better port to ps4 since they took shit that was Barren and lifeless in the ps3 version and gave it life.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,569
    edited June 2014
    GTAV looks much better, TLoU looks almost exactly the same.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

    R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,874
    I want what I saw in that GTA5 comparison video to be real. PS4 port making the city more lively
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • TheRock-BoSTheRock-BoS Still playing tricks Joined: Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    So anyway NPD sales results are starting to get put up for May
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838895
    MS better hope the June Xbone price drop along with their e3 stabilizes their numbers, because if it doesn't, they're pretty much done.
    I miss the Rep bar....
    PSN, XBL, Nintendo ID: TheRockBoS
    3DS FC: 5198 - 3761 - 2370
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,636
    edited June 2014
    "A lot of developers this generation are going for a higher resolution compared to 60fps which makes sense since it will allow them to add more post effects and do more on the screen at any given moment. In fact one of Sony’s own programmers prefers higher resolution than frame rate. Expect this norm to continue this generation."

    http://gamingbolt.com/bungie-explains-why-destiny-is-not-60fps-on-the-ps4-and-xbox-one

    The $500 million dollar game isn't 60 FPS because it's cross gen...okay that's cool some honesty there glad they didn't have some "30 FPS is more cinematic than 60" bullshit excuse.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,379
    Why is it so hard for these dudes to just say, "We don't know how these consoles work, so we can't get 1080p/60fps, even though that's what we promised while we were shitting on Nintendo, who, ironically, CAN easily achieve 1080p/60fps on their "underpowered console..."

    This is the real reason why the unfinished Smash Bros. 4 demo looks and feels smoother than Watch Dogs, not that other bullshit these developers keep shoveling out there.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,808
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Why is it so hard for these dudes to just say, "We don't know how these consoles work, so we can't get 1080p/60fps, even though that's what we promised while we were shitting on Nintendo, who, ironically, CAN easily achieve 1080p/60fps on their "underpowered console..."

    This is the real reason why the unfinished Smash Bros. 4 demo looks and feels smoother than Watch Dogs, not that other bullshit these developers keep shoveling out there.

    You have become predictable joke you know?
    Tell me, what is the point of bragging about 1080p 60fps on the WiiU when the games barely look like current gen games?
    Compare what the developers can do with the new gen consoles and compare it with what it can be done on the WiiU, like it or not graphics sell, and while i will be happy if everything runs at 1080p 60fps, not every game needs that, plus not every company developing games is doing 1080p 30fps games.

    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,379
    edited June 2014
    Not every game NEEDS 1080p/60fps, I agree... I only harp about it because that one of the big promises of the "next-gen" was that every game would be able to do so easily.

    Tell me, what are developers doing that can't be done on a 360/PS3? Because all I'm seeing are the exact same games from last gen, just shinier... "Ooh, now the gun barrel I'm staring down is more realistic than ever! Can't wait to wander down more gray and brown hallways!"
    Oh wait, No Man's Sky and Arkham Knight look good, so there's a couple of counter-points you can toss at me from the sea of Halos, Ass Creed, and Madden clones that are coming out.

    Graphics are everything... So I guess a game like Shovel Knight is ass because it uses pixel art graphics. Fuck how it plays-- I just want my interactive movies to look as pretty as possible.

    Come on, Hecatom... as someone who plays fighters, I would expect you to value the way the game plays over more and shinier textures... :bluu:
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file