Kuroda Interview by Shueisha's Weekly Playboy Magazine

Comments

• gameinn2gameinn2 Joined: Posts: 100
    Watching very first round and is like... Kuroda playing weird in anyone else eyes?

0:29 - No throw tech. Maybe he was trying something so we'll let that slide.
    0:36 - Does the command grab into a cr.mk and nothing else.. the hell? Is it because he was too far away for the rekka to connect after the cr.mk?
    0:47 - Hits cr.lk x 2 but doesn't connect the ex rekkas. What's the reason here?
    0:51 - Gets him into juggle state but does nothing after it. Surely you can juggle from there?

• Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,426
    I feel happy for Kuroda. Hope he gets his life together now, with the job assistance.
    IglooBob wrote: »
    if you beat Vanao in the runback I will defend you/say nice things about you on SRK and 3SJ forevermore

if you lose I will say "lol Denjizz"

After our match, Vanao approached and asked me to join his team for next year's 5v5 coop cup.
    Just him mentioning the names I would be apart of made me feel so honored :'(
  • yuukiyuuki Joined: Posts: 782
    Sorry to contribute to derailing the thread for a minute but out of curiosity did you give vanao the rematch he wanted?
    かかってきな。
  • AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528
    edited June 2015
    Hey what a second... If Denjizz beat Vanao, and I managed to go mostly even with Denjizz, and I beat Yuki a couple times, and according to Metric online is totally legit... You know what this means? I MADE IT! I'M UP THERE WITH THE GREAT ONES YO! FUCK YO WIKI PAGES!

EAST COAST ALEX!
    EAST COAST ALEX!
    EAST COAST ALEX!

I'M COMING FOR YOU WEST COAST!
    "I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

;_; "

Dander.
  • exodusexodus anti-vid scrub advocate! Joined: Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @yuuki They played again Saturday night in another FT3, where Denjizz won 3-1. They then asked for another FT5 runback, to which he declined.
  • exodusexodus anti-vid scrub advocate! Joined: Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    And no, I'm not sure if that FT3 was recorded or not. I'd assume so...
    Nah I declined playing for $50. And just said $20 is fine. That's before our set on Sat
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    Can some translate?
    http://wpb.shueisha.co.jp/2015/05/29/48583

Is Kuroda homeless?
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • SF3LPSF3LP Nica K.O Joined: Posts: 3,496
    gameinn2 wrote: »
    Watching very first round and is like... Kuroda playing weird in anyone else eyes?

0:29 - No throw tech. Maybe he was trying something so we'll let that slide.
    0:36 - Does the command grab into a cr.mk and nothing else.. the hell? Is it because he was too far away for the rekka to connect after the cr.mk?
    0:47 - Hits cr.lk x 2 but doesn't connect the ex rekkas. What's the reason here?
    0:51 - Gets him into juggle state but does nothing after it. Surely you can juggle from there?

The only answer i can think of is that only Kuroda knows lol

cuz yes cr.mk could've connected into slash but he didn't go into it. With the 2x lk, it's possible he tried a 3rd cr.lk but missed the timing and went into EX after. And of course after the st.mk he def couldve juggled but yeah it's Kuroda so it's hard to tell what his idea was in the match since he simply stood there and walked forward. At first it's interesting to wonder what type of ideas he has but then i remember he can make a simple idea of walking forward and blocking seem like brilliant novelty lol
    I'm beginning what others are afraid to do...I'm going to show that i can finish what i started "Give respect and honor to them and it will be returned to you!!.....respect and honor!"
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Sf3lp
    My 3s tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDEE9C2CC15F90F36
    My 3s stream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/nica_ko
    3rd Strike Fight Club Series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaSyizurf0Ib8Y0cnMq9jf0gk4EjlEa--
    Community: https://www.facebook.com/Thisis3rdStrike
    Teespring Store: teespring.com/stores/thisis3s

Like, Follow, Subscribe!

• Kuroneko01Kuroneko01 Joined: Posts: 45
    Mr. X wrote: »
    Can some translate?
    http://wpb.shueisha.co.jp/2015/05/29/48583

Is Kuroda homeless?

He's not, but has money issues since long ago.

It's discusting to think about it, because there's a lot of people around him, for what ? More fame, certainly.
    He's, after all, the 3s God, and a lot of people respect him as a player, but nobody help him in real life, about real problems.

The guy has so much to share about fighting game mechanics, that he should work since long ago for a major company like Capcom or Arc Sys.
    When I see the Topanga staff invited him to play 3S and so on, drinking juices, talking about Capcom's games etc, while the guy is such in a hard situation, it makes me sick.

The FGC, just like any other game comunity is full of fucking hypocrite people and this is the best proof.
  • gameinn2gameinn2 Joined: Posts: 100
    Kuroneko01 wrote: »
    The FGC, just like any other game comunity is full of fucking hypocrite people and this is the best proof.

How on earth is the FGC hypocritical for as you are pretty much saying in paraphrase form, "not paying his bills?". With that logic, every Street Fighter player should get their bills paid by some of the rich FGC members, me included. Just because you are good at a video game doesn't mean you should have your bills paid by other people, that's not how the world works... lol.

• IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 209
    Is he legit struggling or just doesn't want to work in the service industry ?
    on topic is the series concluded?
  • AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528
    Maybe we should start a Go Fund Me for Kuroda?
    "I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

;_; "

Dander.
    edited June 2015
    gameinn2 wrote: »

How on earth is the FGC hypocritical for as you are pretty much saying in paraphrase form, "not paying his bills?". With that logic, every Street Fighter player should get their bills paid by some of the rich FGC members, me included. Just because you are good at a video game doesn't mean you should have your bills paid by other people, that's not how the world works... lol.

Are we talking about you ?
    We are talking about a guy who knows everything about 3S.
    He's legit to give Capcom advises IMO, but even if he can't, there's a ton of players around him, no one help him to get a job.

hallelujah FGC.
    Full of great, nice and kind people.
    Post edited by Kuroneko01 on
  • darkhiryuudarkhiryuu Hello Hella Joined: Posts: 202
    edited June 2015
    It's unfortunate that he's having problems yes, but expecting a whole community of people to help him just because he's good at 3s is kind of dumb. If it bothers you that much you personally should donate money to him or help him find a job.
    edited June 2015
    darkhiryuu wrote: »
    It's unfortunate that he's having problems yes, but expecting a whole community of people to help him just because he's good at 3s is kind of dumb.
    A community isn't supposed to help their members when they need to ?
    I guess we have a totally different definition of what a community is.
    I highly suggest you to read the definition here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community

You may learn something important.
    If it bothers you that much you personally should donate money to him or help him find a job.
    And that is exactly my plan.
    :)

• darkhiryuudarkhiryuu Hello Hella Joined: Posts: 202
    You do that. While you're at it you should do the same for every other person in the FGC who has money issues since they need help as well and as you said, a community is supposed to help their members.
    edited June 2015
    You do that. While you're at it you should do the same for every other person in the FGC who has money issues since they need help as well and as you said, a community is supposed to help their members.

What a childish reaction.
    No need to be susceptible like that buddy.

I give my support to someone who need.
    You give what ? Nothing except agressivity and sarcasm, great.

Beside if I follow your logic I would never help anybody.
    Hopefully I'm different.
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812
    I'll take some money of anyone wants to give it to me. I'm broke as shit.
  • JavidJavid When will all this end? Joined: Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    A top tier player in financial trouble, this isn't something unique. Wasn't Sanford close to being homeless once?

• TheMuffinManTheMuffinMan 「満」 「寸」 「越」 Joined: Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I know a couple of people who'd be down to donate to help him out if possible. Anyone have any contacts in Japan that can get the money directly to him?

What a childish reaction.
    No need to be susceptible like that buddy.

I give my support to someone who need.
    You give what ? Bad words and agressivity, great.

Beside if I follow your logic I would never help anybody.
    Hopefully we are different.

Negativity is good in a community cause it tells you who you should ignore. People like that won't have anything to say if no one listens :smiley:
    "That you float along in the ocean and live a life of peace does not come from your own resourcefulness." - Demon's Sermon on Martial Arts
  • EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    They should get all the dudes who mastered a street fighter title and just let em live in capcom's building or something :/
    Like those evo niggas that place high should get somethin for spending that much time and energy learning all that stuff lol.

Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • ESNESN 最初はぐう... Joined: Posts: 1,347
    Good, can't wait to see how much effort you'll put to help him beside writing comments on a near empty forum...
    edited June 2015
    Javid wrote: »
    A top tier player in financial trouble, this isn't something unique. Wasn't Sanford close to being homeless once?
    Sanford has been homeless. For being a dumbass and sticking with triforce for so long, instead of at least finding an fg gig that actually paid. He crashed on triforce's couch.
    I know a couple of people who'd be down to donate to help him out if possible. Anyone have any contacts in Japan that can get the money directly to him?

You can ask rKf on twitter. his handle is k_6presents
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,457
    I suspect Kuroda is the kind of name that r/kappa would fly in to Evo.
  • NoMoreFunlandNoMoreFunland Perfection equals obliteration! Joined: Posts: 1,229
    Kuroda is a tortured artist and he could use a few patrons. I will donate a bit once someone who is more organized than me is able to make the appropriate connections. Many of us will throw at least a few bucks in I'm sure. His contributions to the evolution of the game we all love are undeniable.
  • NoMoreFunlandNoMoreFunland Perfection equals obliteration! Joined: Posts: 1,229
    Could be tricky though, I'm sure he is proud.
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,291
    I like that his dream is to become a secret shopper. Not sure why he thinks going to Evo will make him money, he's terrible at SFIV.
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812
    I don't normally pay much attention to the personal lives of top players (why would you?) but Kuroda is such an interesting character. I hope he can get himself together.
    Lol, I'm not louis. Kind of offended the connection was made.
    Patreon for monthly/ more frequent 3s matches!
  • HelloWorldHelloWorld Joined: Posts: 23
    Ryu24 wrote: »
    Patreon for monthly/ more frequent 3s matches!
    Yo, seriously? I would totally pay a nominal monthly fee in exchange for access to a regular stream of Kuroda grinding out 3s against people.
  • ViacheViache Joined: Posts: 781
    Yeah I would absolutely pay money for that.
    It only makes sense. He's the worlds greatest in this game. He should at least be making dough out of something he's so good at. I emailed them. Let's see if they respond
  • Barsx101Barsx101 Shredded Joined: Posts: 193
    if there is a way to donate count me in
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,711
    If he played SF4 or I guess 5 now he wouldn't have any trouble making some money.
    Even if it was all untranslated if he streamed on twitch i'm sure he could get tons of subscribers with his playing skills alone.

3S is just not a way to make supplemental cash.
    Play more.