Kuroda Interview by Shueisha's Weekly Playboy Magazine

11011131516

Comments

  • AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528
    edited June 2015
    Kuroda should play SF5. Stream dat shit over Japanese Wifi. Maybe play some Dark Souls.
    "I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

    ;_; "

    Dander.
  • Barsx101Barsx101 Shredded Joined: Posts: 193
    edited June 2015
    deleted lol
    Post edited by Barsx101 on
  • ZerpestZerpest "%§/$$" Joined: Posts: 51
    Kuroda VS poverty

    A translation or a summary of the interview would be really appreciated!
  • 3rdStrikeAnnouncer3rdStrikeAnnouncer Joined: Posts: 102
    Yeah, I get the picture!
  • Songo[KthX]Songo[KthX] (*_*(O-('.'Q) Joined: Posts: 2,021
    He's a weird dude. Best of luck to him.
    <Metric> songo is #1 3s player
  • MinigolfmanMinigolfman Joined: Posts: 30
    there goes potential golden Hooters 3S footage
  • doyoudigwormsdoyoudigworms ..... Joined: Posts: 592
    edited July 2015
    aku wrote: »
    Summary:

    The interviewer actually decided to buy two passes for EVO: one for himself, and one for Kuroda(including entry for SF4). They haven't bought airfare yet, though it seems like he's up for sponsoring the entire ordeal for Kuroda.

    The kicker: Kuroda suddenly has a huge change of heart and says he doesn't want to go to EVO. He starts making up excuses like "my sickly condition could worsen if I go" and "just thinking of the word 'foreign country' is giving me an allergic reaction". Money is obviously not an issue, and the interviewer is stressing that this isn't about trying to win or even forcing him to interact with people all that much. For some reason Kuroda has massive jitters about all of this and says he doesn't want to go. One thing to note is that Kuroda has never been anywhere outside of Japan, so if anything he could be incredibly nervous about traveling abroad.

    Hopefully we'll be getting an update on the issue next week.

    Such a shame! North American audiences are deprived of such a talented player. However, whether his health concerns are legitimate or it's a complex/phobia of some sort it seems like Kuroda's own worst enemy is himself. I hope he find a way to channel his talent into a weekly stream or something of that nature so more players can be exposed to his talents. I would have loved to see him body players at Igloo Bob's Hooters 3S event and we all know North American players would show him a good time.

    3S: Q / VS: Aulbath/Victor / ST: DeeJay / A2: Rose
  • andrew_janDekandrew_janDek Joined: Posts: 100
    I definitely saw his name in the SF4 bracket. I am not certain though.
  • NightoYNightoY Joined: Posts: 78
    So much insecurity, I feel sorry for the guy despite his reputation. Trying not to put too much feelings here, Kuroda is the best 3S player in the world and I enjoy watching him playing, period.
    PSN ID / XBLA ID / GGPO / Fighcade / CFV : NightoY
    3S : RY/KE/AL/EL/CH
    SFV : Laura
  • IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 206
    He would probably make so much money just off regular EVO attendees who'd just want a chance to play him. Oh well.
  • Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,423
    THIS SERIES CANNOT END WITHOUT SOME TRIPLE TATSUS
  • _RVN__RVN_ Joined: Posts: 29
    New article is coming out in 2 days
  • Kuroneko01Kuroneko01 Joined: Posts: 45
    aku wrote: »
    Summary:

    The interviewer actually decided to buy two passes for EVO: one for himself, and one for Kuroda(including entry for SF4). They haven't bought airfare yet, though it seems like he's up for sponsoring the entire ordeal for Kuroda.

    The kicker: Kuroda suddenly has a huge change of heart and says he doesn't want to go to EVO. He starts making up excuses like "my sickly condition could worsen if I go" and "just thinking of the word 'foreign country' is giving me an allergic reaction". Money is obviously not an issue, and the interviewer is stressing that this isn't about trying to win or even forcing him to interact with people all that much. For some reason Kuroda has massive jitters about all of this and says he doesn't want to go. One thing to note is that Kuroda has never been anywhere outside of Japan, so if anything he could be incredibly nervous about traveling abroad.

    Hopefully we'll be getting an update on the issue next week.

    When you see the U.S crowd acting like monkeys it doesn't particulary gives you the envy to join such tourneys tho...
    Beside there's no challenge for him at that point at Third Strike, so except for SF4 and GG - which would be great to see him play the last game mentioned again after a decade -, I don't think he has much to do at Evo since his skill at sf4 is on Jyobin's level : very good, but far to be on Sako or Daigo's level...

    And indeed, he's registered to the SF4 tourney, but like many others, he can canceled at any time for any reasons.

  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,291
    Kuroneko01 wrote: »
    When you see the U.S crowd acting like monkeys

    Keep this racist shit to yourself.
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227
    OOOOOOOH OOOHH HOHHO OHH HOH

    lwC6hNs.jpg
    8tROOXi.png
  • doyoudigwormsdoyoudigworms ..... Joined: Posts: 592
    edited July 2015
    Kuroda should play SF5. Stream dat shit over Japanese Wifi. Maybe play some Dark Souls.

    I agree he should at least test the waters and try SFV. I imagine he would appreciate it on some level and even if he doesn't he could still earn some fight money to fuel a few more years of competitive 3S play. The Dark Souls thing sounds strange, but seeing how Kuroda seems to have his own honour code when it comes to fighting games...he would probably fit in quite well. Too bad there is no real competitive community for that game cause it's hella fun (but I understand the myriad of reasons as to why).

    Any official word on if he is actually going to brave the great unknown and make it to EVO this year?
    3S: Q / VS: Aulbath/Victor / ST: DeeJay / A2: Rose
  • Kuroneko01Kuroneko01 Joined: Posts: 45
    Chad wrote: »
    Kuroneko01 wrote: »
    When you see the U.S crowd acting like monkeys

    Keep this racist shit to yourself.

    Nothing close to racism, it's just annoys many people including myself to see and heard a crazy crowd like the U.S one, at least for the Street Fighter 4 scene.
    Do I have the right to do so ? Wonder who's racist here...

    Anyway, any news for the Kuroda stuff guys ?
    I do not have any so far :/
  • Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,423
    _RVN_ wrote: »
    New article is coming out in 2 days


    2 days ago
    New article is coming out in 2 days


    ..................
  • _RVN__RVN_ Joined: Posts: 29
    Yes it's scheduled to be out today, so it's probably gonna be up soon
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227
    Tebbo wrote: »
    Kuroneko01 wrote: »
    Chad wrote: »
    Kuroneko01 wrote: »
    When you see the U.S crowd acting like monkeys

    Keep this racist shit to yourself.

    Nothing close to racism, it's just annoys many people including myself to see and heard a crazy crowd like the U.S one, at least for the Street Fighter 4 scene.
    Do I have the right to do so ? Wonder who's racist here...

    Anyway, any news for the Kuroda stuff guys ?
    I do not have any so far :/

    Of course you have the right.
    It's always telling when someone needs to bring up 'rights' to support or explain their position.

    It annoys you to see excited people? Go fuck yourself.

    Why don't you watch MMA? Dont' you think that reacting to MMA outside of watching the matches is hype just the same as it is while you're watching it. It kinda puts me off to see people hyping shit just for the sake of the hype. I kinda agree with him but I haven't read his post so maybe he said something a little more racist than I am thinking he did.

    So when's the fly over to cali for inspection of the new estate? I would drive up to bring you down and do it again a second time if you did. Come on !
    8tROOXi.png
  • akuaku スピリチュアルやからね! Joined: Posts: 3,865
    From what I've seen in the brackets for Ultra today, it looks like he did go to Evo(if this is the same Kuroda). Got peaced out early though, couldn't get out of his bracket.
    http://evo2015.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssf4_c11.html
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,559
    edited July 2015
    You wanna talk about excessive and annoying hype noise, look no further than the commentator on any Japanese tournament.
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • Kuroneko01Kuroneko01 Joined: Posts: 45
    edited July 2015
    Tebbo wrote: »
    Kuroneko01 wrote: »
    Chad wrote: »
    Kuroneko01 wrote: »
    When you see the U.S crowd acting like monkeys

    Keep this racist shit to yourself.

    Nothing close to racism, it's just annoys many people including myself to see and heard a crazy crowd like the U.S one, at least for the Street Fighter 4 scene.
    Do I have the right to do so ? Wonder who's racist here...

    Anyway, any news for the Kuroda stuff guys ?
    I do not have any so far :/

    Of course you have the right.
    It's always telling when someone needs to bring up 'rights' to support or explain their position.

    It annoys you to see excited people? Go fuck yourself.

    Being excited is one thing, screaming and chanting "USA, USA, USA" all day long is another.
    Can people stay a bit more quiet ? Is that difficult to american people to keep their emotion inside and to not acting like animals ?
    And don't you think it can slightly distract the foreigners, no matter where they come from ?

    No...of course you don't...


    @NG 1313
    They are commentators !!! It's their job to do so !!! If they can't bring serious content, hype and stuff related, what's the purpose ?
    Beside, it doesn't distract anyone in the end of the day unlike a loud crowd...




  • IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 206
    aku wrote: »
    From what I've seen in the brackets for Ultra today, it looks like he did go to Evo(if this is the same Kuroda). Got peaced out early though, couldn't get out of his bracket.
    http://evo2015.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssf4_c11.html

    Went out with a whimper :(
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,700
    I think if you're going to go to a foreign venue or even just watch a foreign stream of that venue, you should probably respect the culture of the people who are putting on the venue for you.

    You know, when in Rome...

    So Kuroda did go, but no one knew until he was there. Kind of sucks. I would have thought someone could have helped get him in contact with the 3S crowd to help make his stay a little less stressful. I imagine the majority of the SF4 entrants had no idea who he was which is crazy...
    Play more.
  • NightoYNightoY Joined: Posts: 78
    Tebbo wrote: »
    I think if you're going to go to a foreign venue or even just watch a foreign stream of that venue, you should probably respect the culture of the people who are putting on the venue for you.

    You know, when in Rome...

    So Kuroda did go, but no one knew until he was there. Kind of sucks. I would have thought someone could have helped get him in contact with the 3S crowd to help make his stay a little less stressful. I imagine the majority of the SF4 entrants had no idea who he was which is crazy...

    Mmm not sure about that. I would say he registered without going there. Many 3S players have attended EVO this year (Nuki, Kokujin and many others), I doubt no one noticed Kuroda or the guy was wearing a Q mask. I will ask on Twitter.
    PSN ID / XBLA ID / GGPO / Fighcade / CFV : NightoY
    3S : RY/KE/AL/EL/CH
    SFV : Laura
  • IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 206
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227
    I heard he went, heard nothing about his stay. I take that to mean he wasn't there. These guys will talk about anyone, so long as it means they stay informed about the scene. I also can't imagine Ryan wouldn't have heard about it.
    8tROOXi.png
  • DevdanDevdan Joined: Posts: 537
    First thing it says in the article is his health was bad, so he didn't go to EVO. There you go.
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812
    I'd imagine it would be tough for Kuroda to not get noticed at all at Evo. Someone would recognize him.
  • ZerpestZerpest "%§/$$" Joined: Posts: 51
  • IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 206
    More stuff about work and family. Next article in 2 weeks.
  • Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,423
    Aku - can you translate this?
    http://wpb.shueisha.co.jp/2014/11/14/39014/6/

    Thanks a lot =)
  • ZerpestZerpest "%§/$$" Joined: Posts: 51
    edited August 2015
    New interview. No new video :(
  • Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,423
    Myself and others have tried contacting that shitty magazine but they never responded back.
  • IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 206
    edited August 2015
    They haven't mentioned anything about videos in a long time. Did anything come out of making a Gofundme or whatever for Kuroda?
    Also, next artilcle in 2 weeks
  • Crime_AlleyCrime_Alley Turtle of the Year Joined: Posts: 31


    Anyone know what this is about?
Sign In or Register to comment.