Kuroda Interview by Shueisha's Weekly Playboy Magazine

Comments

• crystalknightcrystalknight Joined: Posts: 109
    nice shirt, hoes gunna love it and these bustas gunna hate it
    psn: c12ystalknight (voice chat muted, cut the crap i just wanna play)

<--, >, roundhouse/fierce
  • DiegoBoyDiegoBoy Joined: Posts: 174
    ryan. wrote: »
    Fanboys are weird.

I want you to tongue my bung, while you juggle my balls in one hand, and play with my asshole with the other, but don't stick you're finger in. Then I want to pinky you while I stick in your fuckin' friend's brown, while Kuroda watches, and fuckin' spanks it in a Dixie cup. After that, I want to smell your titties for a while, and you can pull my nutsack up over my dick so it looks like a bullfrog. Then I want you to fuckin' flick my nuts while your friend spanks me off in the same Dixie cup that Kuroda jizzed in.

• DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,216
    DiegoBoy wrote: »
    Fanboys are weird.

I want you to tongue my bung, while you juggle my balls in one hand, and play with my asshole with the other, but don't stick you're finger in. Then I want to pinky you while I stick in your fuckin' friend's brown, while Kuroda watches, and fuckin' spanks it in a Dixie cup. After that, I want to smell your titties for a while, and you can pull my nutsack up over my dick so it looks like a bullfrog. Then I want you to fuckin' flick my nuts while your friend spanks me off in the same Dixie cup that Kuroda jizzed in.

hBBROXA.gif

Let's keep it wholesome, guys. Shall we?
    8tROOXi.png
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812
    Weekly Playboy News is the best name of a magazine ever.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,666
    don't you ever post a jermiah johnson pic.
    unless you have skinned a bear you put that gif away right now.
    Play more.
  • ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,918
    edited June 2014
    I think if the gachi was 2/3 rounds instead Kuroda might have won.

Diego boy wtf is wrong with you. Freak

• Mitri MFMitri MF Joined: Posts: 433
    NAP wrote: »
    Weekly Playboy News is the best name of a magazine ever.
    And their url-icon is neat too.
  • TiredOceanTiredOcean Low-tier theory fighter Joined: Posts: 134
    *favicon
    You know what else is neat? This. (Not safe for anyone)

This guy is on a bunch of vids on Weekly Playboy's channel.
  • SupremoSupremo Joined: Posts: 57 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Damn, Kuroda story is amazing, if it's true.
  • gameinn2gameinn2 Joined: Posts: 93
    edited June 2014
    Dander wrote: »
    Also, I have to ask, do you really believe Kuroda is that arrogant?

Who knows. You gotta think it is sort of suspicious though that he challenges the top Makoto player with his Q. To give the benefit of the doubt we'll say the match is a 7-3. You'd have to be... suicidial (pardon the pun) to think you can win a FT10 with a 7-3 matchup (let alone 8-2 which most people will agree on). If not suicidal... dare I say it arrogant to think you can overturn that match up. Hopefully he chooses a 5-5 or even a 6-4 match if he does another FT10 to get rid of any suspicion.
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,879 mod
    ^
    good point!
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • HelloWorldHelloWorld Joined: Posts: 23
    gameinn2 wrote: »
    Who knows. You gotta think it is sort of suspicious though that he challenges the top Makoto player with his Q. To give the benefit of the doubt we'll say the match is a 7-3. You'd have to be... suicidial (pardon the pun) to think you can win a FT10 with a 7-3 matchup (let alone 8-2 which most people will agree on). If not suicidal... dare I say it arrogant to think you can overturn that match up. Hopefully he chooses a 5-5 or even a 6-4 match if he does another FT10 to get rid of any suspicion.

Nobody's going to argue that the matchup is difficult, but regardless of what anyone thinks the numbers are I don't think Kuroda would have gone into a FT10 like that if he thought it would be a blowout or if he thought he couldn't win. And the result of the match speaks for itself (last game, last round, last exchange); it was as close as it could have possibly been, a good display of 3s just as intended.

I'm more inclined to believe that Kuroda can judge well enough what character would put up a fight. I mean, if he had gotten absolutely wrecked by Tominaga, then maybe you could make a case of him being arrogant, overconfidently/disrespectfully thinking he could win at such a disadvantage. Instead, his character choice generated a contest that went down to the wire.
    Of course he must have at least something of an ego. He's arguably the best 3s player in the world, good enough to pick Q and compete in a long set with one of the best Makotos, and in all likelihood he knows it. But does that make Kuroda arrogant?
    First of all matchup charts are just a theory about two players who are the exact same skill (impossible btw).

exactly. everyone seems to somehow forget this.
    the entire concept is based on an impossibility lol. which is why its a stupid exercise to assign any kind of specific value.
    Play more.
    Well Kuroda just lost 10-0 at USF4 in Yun vs Hakan so there can be no argument if he is arrogant now. It's good to know he isn't!
    Made TM look helpless. That was quite a show.
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812
    I hope he does one of those with his Ryu some time. From the little I've seen of it, he has a pretty sick Ryu.
    I want to have a beer with Kuroda and tell him all about how shitty my life is. Maybe it will make him feel better. Maybe he could give me some bold advice and I could take that lesson to heart. I would show him pictures of my son and ask him to autograph some toys for me to give my son when he is older. I would let him know that I am going to be putting my son to sleep to the sounds of his DVD series. Then I'd spark up a cigar for him and let him do all the talking.
    8tROOXi.png
    Maybe Ogawa is not a likeable person, cause the combo stealing reason alone is a bit silly.
    it's known as the 'kuroda combo'
    he left his mark regardless.

thanks fran.
    Play more.
    edited July 2014
    Kuroda the man.

What a guy. It's funny that what he didn't like was that people were giving ogawa credit for a combo he, kuroda, came up with. I think it's funny because....nevermind.

Kuroda is a boss.

Also, I feel it's interesting to note that Kuroda was able to reach such a high level of play by NOT relying on the internet to learn. I think much of my resentment for training mode styled play is that all training mode styled play almost directly mimics the organization of data you'll find on the most popular site to do with the game. You literally lose all personality.

It's like, how can you tell he works out?
    He has big muscles.
    Oh okay.

Versus

How can you tell he works out?
    Because his shirt is too small.
    Oh okay. wut.
    8tROOXi.png
  • AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528
    edited August 2014
    I'm watching the first Alex/Dud vid. Kuroda's Parries are insane. But he got away with a lot of jHP and st.HP on that Dud's wakeup. I'm not familiar with the Dud player so I dunno if the skill level is even or not but Kuroda did pretty much everything right against Dud.
    "I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

;_; "

Dander.
  • Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,422
    More Denjin!!
  • Hol HorseHol Horse a.k.a. Fugo ~ イタリアの強大なユリアン Joined: Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2014
    I wanna see him go against the top 3 chuns. With various characters.

EDIT: and also his Gouki vs Yakkun(in a non-choking day)'s Yun
    gooby plz
  • ZerpestZerpest "%§/$$" Joined: Posts: 51
    I'd really love to see a ft10 between Deshiken and Kuroda (Gouki)
    love how kuroda uses ex flash chop. and also just normal flash but mostly ex.
    i have some success myself doing the same, really using it like a poke/footsies. because of it's speed and the way he starts out of range and then slides up + the actual range on the move.

the meter is worth throwing it out raw. the potential followup for alex is really more important i think. the knockback/down on ex flash chop is huge so if it does connect, you get to follow them into the corner which is a lot better spot for alex than midscreen.

and i don't think kuroda got lucky in any sense with j fierce or standing fierce. i think he just showed how powerful j fierce really is when you understand the game well.

if you want to learn how to get in as alex basically just watch these sets. awesome matches.
    Play more.
  • Don CalzoneDon Calzone Joined: Posts: 290
    Amazing thread! Thanks guys, especially you Fran ;)
    S-L-I-C-E.
    Slice me nice.
  • DeemoDeemo Joined: Posts: 466
    Yeah after watching this i've been a lot more liberal with raw ex flash, it's really improved my game quite a bit :o
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,290
    That was a very conversational set. Dander must have such a boner right now.

I was really impressed with how much adaptation was happening on both sides, and all the really specific responses that developed.
    I'll have to watch and listen. Thanks for the heads up dudarino!
    8tROOXi.png
    Raw regular flash is good vs Dudley
    i think back fierce has some use in the matchup too but that's just entirely my desire to find more ways to use back fierce to keep someone guessing.
    Play more.
    http://wpb.shueisha.co.jp/2014/08/22/34336/

Poor Kuroda, choosing Ibuki against Match. He did well, considering... the way he plays the character gives me anxiety.
  • TiredOceanTiredOcean Low-tier theory fighter Joined: Posts: 134
    In case anyone wants a direct link, here are the matches:
    Kuroda (IB) vs Match (GO) FT10

I don't know a lot about Ibuki, so can anyone tell me the rationale for Kuroda using SAIII? Wouldn't he be better off having extra meter for EX Tsumuji?
  • RaishinXRaishinX I fell off Joined: Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ^ Kuroda likes playing the ground game? Perhaps gouki's low stun threshold has something to do with it.
    i just stared at beast for 5 minutes.... hes looking right at me
    like im poongko and i got his money -Jaja Novistro
  • _Exiled__Exiled_ Joined: Posts: 1,249
    Plus can't he teleport out of the kunai?
    Going back to the classics....
    -Pointless forum OLDIES (summer 2004-spring 2005)
    -Fighting game era OLDIES (fall 2000-spring 2007)
    -Wrestlers OLDIES (attitude era 1999/wcw 1999)
    -Davey Havok // Tom Morello // Flea // Travis Barker

I <3 you all!!!
    RaishinX wrote: »
    ^ Kuroda likes playing the ground game? Perhaps gouki's low stun threshold has something to do with it.

I suppose that's the rationale; it's what Kuroda is good at. When he has meter he can fish for a parry/whiff punish with st.Forward xx SA3 (or hit-confirm with the link), which against Gouki is a good chunk of damage and stun off a single opening (and he can substitute Raida when he doesn't have meter and needs a quick punish).

He gets good mileage off of it, especially with the way he baits a whiffed normal with positioning and then walks in to punish, but it's not enough. Gouki is a bit too slippery for it at times (a few instances where Kuroda successfully commits to something like st.Forward xx Raida/SA3, but the normal hits Match in the air as he's jumping out so the followup whiffs). I think that with the way Kuroda plays her, Ibuki is too fragile to reliably handle how versatile Gouki is at dealing damage, especially with SA1.
    sweet, reppin sa3.

sa3 links off a ton of ibuki's normals.
    so he can poke + fast walk speed and capitalize. sort of like ken sa3.
    Play more.
  • Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,422
    Kuroda Gouki/Ryu please. I miss seeing those triple tatsus and Denjin wreckage.
    Parry into st jab sa3 is guaranteed for Ibuki. Gouki can't cancel it into anything (like chun cr jab super).

• pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,879 mod
    Ryu24 wrote: »
    Kuroda Gouki/Ryu please. I miss seeing those triple tatsus and Denjin wreckage.

I have to believe they are building up to that but I'm right there with you brother
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
    Man google translate makes no sense of that interview. :(