SFA3: Character VC's Reborn

Comments

• ioio Joined: Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    anybody got vc's for yun, maki or eagle in the gba version? :)
    (you're == you are) != your
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Originally posted by _MJ_
    opponent in corner
    VC1 - repeated sk Dankuukyaku then at the end jab Kouryuuken into air throw
    here

The last move is flippable.
    Originally posted by mondu_the_fat

The last move is flippable.

k thanks.
    This threads a bit too useful as reference. I'm not letting it get lost lke the A3 everything thread.
    bump
  • ShinBlankaShinBlanka 神Blanka Joined: Posts: 7,165 mod
    I just started to respect the Alpha series as a true streetfighter and i'm started to get into A3. I play mainly play A and V-ism Bison. I found out that bison's standing forwad kick beats sakura's standing roundhouse kick clean. Also he has some pretty easy and very damaging V combo's that I figured out in one night of playing.

Your foe's attacks activate V-ism with the FP & RHK and do neutral standing FP or ducking forward kick, 2 in 1 into the RH sizzorkick. I say neutral standing FP because I can't get it to 2 in 1 if i'm holding back. (I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or if it's in the damn game, but if i'm holding back when I activate the V-ism I lose the back motion for my sizzorkick)

then you do Back and FP, 2 in 1 the short kick sizzorkick to wiff

repeat this all the way to the corner and end the combo with the stomp to the hand. I don't know anymore combo's with him but this combo takes 70% when I do it.:) :cool: Make sure you use activate V-ism with the FP and RHK to get the most damage out of the combo. If you use the SP and FK to activate the V-ism then it is easier to do the combo as one of the shadows will hit your foe before they fall, thus making much easier to juggle your foes. Using the FP and RHK activation is harder, but it's worth it if you master the combo. With the FP & RHK Vism you take around 65-70%, and with the SP and FK V-ism you take 45-50% depending on the characters you do it on. Personally I wouldn't use the JP & SK V-ism unless I was trying to chip your gaurd away when your gaurd meter is flashing. I'm working on some unblockables with bison, but I don't know if he has any in A3. I think he does since I can throw a FB and teleport behind them, but i'm not sure if this is a true unblockable or will it work only once or twice in a match. I think Bison is pretty good in A3, but I haven't played against top competition like most of you guy's have. Just a random scrub added a random post.

my 2 cents.:cool:
    (FinalRound) A staple in the Fighting Game Community!
    New FR site: http://www.finalround.org
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah, I found the same VC too about a year ago (it's amazing what you can find when you are trying to beat World Tour and need a VC for your character). For what it's worth, to do the combo midscreen, you can do c.fk, [short scissor, b+fp]x2, Roundhouse scissor, neutral fp, and then do the brackets again. IIRC. You can actually do b+FP and have it come out as a neutral one anyway, because you get crossed up, which makes doing it easier.

I don't think the strength of the first scissor kick actually matters, since they're all the same speed. But the RK one probably does like 2 points more damage. The problem I found with the VC is getting it to connect though. Won't work if you're too far, and you cant start off a VC with a charge move (as you noticed before). I'll try far standing Fierce if I ever use V-Bison again.

Midscreen version is cool just because you have the option to end it with a taunt (bison has 2 because he's a pimp) or 2-in-1 into a teleport, or just continue it to the corner and do the teleport VC from the BAS video.

I don't think that unblockable is valid. I don't think Bison's fireball has any use in VCs.

Also, I think A-Bison is better than V, if that means anything to you. Psycho Crusher is too good, and V-Bison doen't get anything better other than a cc VC. I did like using V though.
  • SaBrESaBrE BAI BAI Joined: Posts: 4,495 mod
    Shinblanka: the reason why a scissor kick doesnt come out after vc activation is because when you activate, you character goes back to a neutral state. so when you activate, always put the stick back to neutral, then do your shit.

bison s.forward beats A LOT of shit. his jump up forward has amazing priority too, same kick as s.forward, but its in air. A-bison has a better ac(teleport) too which is nice. and of course, psycho crusher super is too good, and hurts like crazy. he is pretty good in V tho. but just more solid in A
    AZ fighting game crew, team hAZmat

www.teamhazmataz.com

www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
  • ShinBlankaShinBlanka 神Blanka Joined: Posts: 7,165 mod
    Originally posted by SaBrE
    Shinblanka: the reason why a scissor kick doesnt come out after vc activation is because when you activate, you character goes back to a neutral state. so when you activate, always put the stick back to neutral, then do your shit.

bison s.forward beats A LOT of shit. his jump up forward has amazing priority too, same kick as s.forward, but its in air. A-bison has a better ac(teleport) too which is nice. and of course, psycho crusher super is too good, and hurts like crazy. he is pretty good in V tho. but just more solid in A

Thanks yo, because I thought I was doing something wrong at 1st. Kinda weird that it works that way, but oh well that's how it goes. Yea I play better when I use the A-ism Bison, Chun Li, or Geif, but I want to learn how to use V-ism so I can combat that shit better.:confused: :evil: If I play any character in V-ism in tournaments it will be Sodom (I got his v-ism down), Bison, or cody. Cody is a pimp from jail and I love his v-ism combo's. The dodge is great but his gaurd meter is the shortest in the game. If someone jumps at me I do the standing FP 2 in 1 into the fb with RoundHouse kick for a good 2 hit air defence. This is my V-ism combo with cody:

Activate the juice with the FP-RHK or SP-FK and do a FB with forward kick to FB with Round house kick
    then I wiff the standing forward kick to the FB with RoundHouse Kick to juggle them all the way to the corner.
    When the meter is about to run out I jump up and FP them
    I land before them and the juice is gone and I standing FP 2 in 1 into the FB with Roundhouse kick. This takes good damage but I was wondering about more cody nasty v-ism combo's. I can't download shit because i'm on 56k and it takes forever. Shit I learned V-ism sodom from the B5 dvd I got 2 years ago and i'm trying to mimic my style after that japanese guy sodom.:rolleyes:
    (FinalRound) A staple in the Fighting Game Community!
    New FR site: http://www.finalround.org
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
  • Iczer oneIczer one chillin' at Buxi Bar Joined: Posts: 216
    I've found a good Rose midscreen VC. Does around 60% damage. Seems like nobody cares for Rose that much, anyway ...

Midscreen to corner VC >>
    (fierce + roundhouse) c.strong xx qcf + short, f + roundhouse, [ b + fierce xx qcf + short ] x N, (meter low), qcf + short, c.fierce xx dp + fierce

I haven't found out how to set up an infinite with Rose yet. Anybody, maybe ?
    always coming back
    tee hee.
    Heres my custom V-Sagat corner combo:

VC3 - Jab Tiger Uppercut, cr.FP, whiff cr.RK, whiff RK Ground Tiger Shot, repeated B+FP and whiff FP Tiger Shots then at the end Tiger Uppercut :)
    What is Rolento's MIDSCREEN custom? And for the corner custom with Rolento, when you superjump, do TWO j.Strongs, (the first one whiffs, second one hits).
    Are there any variations to Dhalsim's midscreen custom? I saw in a Beat Tribe A3 video the guy used whiff c.Forward, whiff fireball, b+RH, would that work?
    Rolento Finally

Yes, there was a post regarding Rolento's custom earlier, and the one he posted IS the one Chikyuu, and NOT Ohnuki (who wasn't even at B5). The corner one is actually:

VC2, [c.Short, s.Forward, s.Fierce, sj.Strong x2] repeat till like 5% meter is left, then do pipe twirls.

His MIDSCREEN (THANKS TO Nibor, the bombest white man on the East Coast) is:

VC1, c.Forward, pipe twirls, [s.RH, sj.RH, land] when you get to corner do s.RH, sj.Strong, proceed to do CC j.Strong.
    Beat Tribe V-Sim custom (slightly modified) Credit to both Sabr3 and Nibor for helping me come to a conclusion for this:

VC2, c.Forward, Fierce FB, s.RH, RDP+PPP, whiff FB [b+RH, whiff c.Forward, whiff FB] repeat till corner -> Repeated Yoga Blasts.
  • MeelJMeelJ Joined: Posts: 57
    Anymore Blanka VCs?
    With V-Akuma's OTG grab combos, when would I use VC2 over VC3 and vice versa?
    *cough* Bump
    Nibor is white? I didn't know white people were allowed to play A3... I don't think the VC speed matters with the BAS vc.
    Originally posted by GeekBoy
    With V-Akuma's OTG grab combos, when would I use VC2 over VC3 and vice versa?

VC1 - Use for unblockales when they have no meter (to counter VC or alpha counter) or vs Xism characters

VC2 - OG bas combo, Anti air VCs

VC3 - style
    Originally posted by MeelJ
    Anymore Blanka VCs?

not worth doing
  • Joe FryJoe Fry Dr. Claw Joined: Posts: 48
    2 quick qestions:
    I know hes not fantastic, but....
    Should I play V X or A Adon?

If V, should I do the VC TS sugjested (although I haven't tried it at all) or the basic vc1 rk rising jaguar, sk jaguar kick, fk jaguar kick, rk jaguar kick untill in the corner, alternate jaguar kicks and tooths and then finish with rising jaguar and airthrow?
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
  • MuskauMuskau The Patriots Joined: Posts: 1,033
    V-Adon does have some ok VC's but they are pretty damn hard to time properly, especially if you start getting counterhits and stuff.

On paper A-Adon looks to be the best, because of his airblocking, roll and alpha counters, but I have seen some seriously kickass X-Adon players getting win streaks on damn good players.
    When this site started, some six years ago, if you made some dumb "hi i'm new" thread, your ass was grass. Much like high school, you learned to watch what you say, and to back it up if necessary. In the end, it made you a better person. Guess that aspect of SRK is lost forever. - Mr Punkus '06
    Originally posted by GeekBoy
    Beat Tribe V-Sim custom (slightly modified) Credit to both Sabr3 and Nibor for helping me come to a conclusion for this:

VC2, c.Forward, Fierce FB, s.RH, RDP+PPP, whiff FB [b+RH, whiff c.Forward, whiff FB] repeat till corner -> Repeated Yoga Blasts.

Let me fix that for ya.

VC2, c.short, Fierce FB, s.RH, DP+KKK, whiff FB [b+RH, whiff c.Forward, whiff FB] repeat till corner -> Repeated Yoga Blasts.
    Hey wassup? Does n e 1 know n e fei long or dj vc's???
    THE charlie combo ^_^

<v-nash> c.lk, lk sommersault, stand hk, bazooka knee, lk sommersault, lk sommersault(shadow must NOT hit), late stand hk, crouch hp, whiff lk sommersault, late stand lp, jump lk, crouch cancel walk forward into cc jumps.

the stand lp must hit at the exact same time as the shadow of your stand hk.

This combo is l33t because of the walk cancel, you actually wait for about 1 second while the shadows launch mid-air, then that gives you the maximum distance for 5 crouch cancelled fierces, into c.strong, flashkick for 50% vc recharge.

Credit to Vnash for showing me this combo.

sub

edit: Adon's jaguar rave: VC2 corner, [s.strong, c.fierce, short jaguar kick] repeat 60% + damage
    Hella random people might already know, but I'm posting anyway combo:

Seems to me, the best Sakura custom right now is: VC1, Jab DP, [b+Fierce, Forward hurricane, s.fierce, Forward hurricane] xN, corner -> s.fierce, FB method.

And V-Ryu owns.
  • MuskauMuskau The Patriots Joined: Posts: 1,033
    Did anyone hear of a V-Ryu anti-air midscreen? Or is the ground mid-screen V-Ryu's only one?
    When this site started, some six years ago, if you made some dumb "hi i'm new" thread, your ass was grass. Much like high school, you learned to watch what you say, and to back it up if necessary. In the end, it made you a better person. Guess that aspect of SRK is lost forever. - Mr Punkus '06
    VC2: Jab DP -> S.RH -> [ Strong FB * S.RH (whiff) ] (repeat)

That first S.RH is tricky; you have to do it early to hit them, but you have to wait till the very last second before cancelling it into the fireball, watch for Ryu's foot to come down and touch the ground. Then just throw strong FB's while whiffing rh's or dp's, they should just bounce around on them.

Oh, this works ground based too, start it with a close red Jab FB, S.RH (wait till last second), strong FB's... etc.
    that works as a mid-screen but does little damage compared to his rave. most good v-ryu players i've watched always save VCs for the corner. Ryu's roundhouse hurricane has huge dizzy potenial especially when combo'ed into after a couple of crouch cancels. sets up the rave, sets up more options. ryu and his waiting game.

This is a modified 'valle' mid-screen confusion vc if opponent is without meter this can be nasty.

VC1 J.forward cross-up, c.jab, c.short, c.roundhouse, f+ fierce, repeat.

this can be made unblockable with the perfect timing and spacing, after the sweep you cancel into the dashing punch and then jump for the cross-up, if done right you will cross them up as they are half way through their standing animation and hit both sides at once. On the third cross-up attempt j.forward, c.jab, c.short, roundhouse hurricane. prolly dizzy and another combo.

combine with hopkick, fireball pokes ^^

sub
  • MiddlekickMiddlekick r.mika stalker Joined: Posts: 604
    Originally posted by Subliminal UK
    that works as a mid-screen but does little damage compared to his rave. most good v-ryu players i've watched always save VCs for the corner. Ryu's roundhouse hurricane has huge dizzy potenial especially when combo'ed into after a couple of crouch cancels. sets up the rave, sets up more options. ryu and his waiting game.

This is a modified 'valle' mid-screen confusion vc if opponent is without meter this can be nasty.

this can be made unblockable with the perfect timing and spacing, after the sweep you cancel into the dashing punch and then jump for the cross-up, if done right you will cross them up as they are half way through their standing animation and hit both sides at once. On the third cross-up attempt j.forward, c.jab, c.short, roundhouse hurricane. prolly dizzy and another combo.

combine with hopkick, fireball pokes ^^

sub

Damn it Lee get your stuff right.

Firstly, The VC has nothing to do with Valle, Secondly, it's not a confusion combo but an unblockable VC and lastly, the actual combo you've listed is erroneous.

The opponent can block the first two attacks in the combo by simply standing giving them enough time to crouch and block the remaining two attacks. For a combo to be unblockable, you must have at least two attacks(one that hits high the other low) that hit the opponent simultaneously.
    if done right you will cross them up as they are half way through their standing animation and hit both sides at once.

If you are using VC1, the VC's shadow mimics your movement very quickly, you only are hitting the opponent from one side.

So the combo should be:
    VC1: low short-> low roundhouse-> whiffed t+fierce-> [cross up forward-> low short-> low roundhouse-> whiffed t+fierce] x n
    The low short and the shadow from the cross up forward should hit at the same time.

If you do this near the corner, you can cancel the low short into a red fireball then continue into his midscreen VC([fb-> hopkick] x n)
    when you reach the corner, go into his whiff fb-> stand fierce sequence.
  • bushin187bushin187 Joined: Posts: 237
    Thnx for exposing teh secret sub and mk;)
    lp. mp. fp. fk.
    Hey can some one plz give me n e fei long or dj vc combos plz thanx!!!!!!!!!!!11
    Originally posted by Middlekick

Damn it Lee get your stuff right.

The opponent can block the first two attacks in the combo by simply standing giving them enough time to crouch and block the remaining two attacks. For a combo to be unblockable, you must have at least two attacks(one that hits high the other low) that hit the opponent simultaneously.

haha owned by kick on first name basis. you know the score more than me, if anything i'm just tempting you into posting if just to correct me, maybe. you're right btw, it's the combination of the 2nd hit of the shadow cross-up combined with a crouch jab / short. have a look at the attached screenshot for clarity.

I thought you can add a jab into your VC, giving slightly better range for the repeat cross-up attempt.

all i know is it's unblockable, its a reset and it's mid-screen. and not to do it if opponent has meter.

Say if you were caught in this trap, what could you do to get out of it? would reversals work, because a shadowed meaty cross-up is tricky (and risky) to work with.

I'll work out some fei-long, deejay VCs today if i can find my DC.

sub

Edit: ok some Deejay Vcs, basic and practical

maxout rave: VC1 corner repeat maxout 16 times then d,u +k

ground mid-screen: VC3 c.strong, {d,u +short, s.fierce} repeat brackets

or VC3 anti air: s.fierce, {d,u +short} repeat brackets 6 times finish with machine gun punch or s.roundhouse

VC3 corner confusion: {c.jab. c.short, c.fierce, maxout, whiff s.jab, j.roundhouse} repeat

some fei-long vcs:

VC3 roudhouse rekkukyaku, s.fierce, rekkaken, f+roundhouse {short Rekkukyaku} repeat brackets (does comedy 25% damage)

VC2 corner: S.fierce, rekkaken, juggle with repeated roundhouse Shienkyaku's

VC3 midscreen, jab rekkaken's, b+fierce, rekkakens (need to adjust timing and which rekkakens whiff depending on spacing)

Most of the high damage VCs revlove around hitting with a fierce or roundhouse and whiffing a special move to avoid neutral state and/or gain distance. Deejay and Fei-long don't really have moves to acccomodate this and therefore lack damaging VC';s imo.

deejays fast animation makes it impossible to juggle with s.fierce, whiff maxout in corner. and only his j.forward seems good for trying any crouch cancels VCs. *(which may be easy to set-up after d,u+ forward kick, jump VC1 and hope your j.jab wins a counter)

anyways, here's a kawaks replay of the combo:
    Originally posted by Subliminal UK
    it's the combination of the 2nd hit of the shadow cross-up combined with a crouch jab / short. have a look at the attached screenshot for clarity.

It's just a jumping forward and low jab. I'll concede that even outside of VCs, Ryu's cross up forward is sometimes difficult to block, but the combo is still technically blockable.
    In your combo: "VC1 J.forward cross-up, c.jab, c.short, c.roundhouse, f+ fierce, repeat. " there's no simultaneous high and low activity = blockable.

Say if you were caught in this trap, what could you do to get out of it? would reversals work, because a shadowed meaty cross-up is tricky (and risky) to work with.

Any shoto can use a strong/fierce dragon punch on wake-up to hit you cleanly(you're still in v-mode and can't block).
    Characters with similar moves (Charlie's rh fk, Chun's tensho kyaku) can do the same to counter.
  • Homer PimpsonHomer Pimpson Questionable Joined: Posts: 1,179
    Does anyone have any CC's for Guy? I know V-Ryu has one is a video, i just dont know what the hell is going on though. I know he is best in A, its just that ive driven myself crazy trying to connect jab-strong-super. Peace.
    GGPO: MrSimpson
    sorry that if i look a bit noobish with this post, but isnt it better to go on ur Intuition if u play SFA3? causze for me it wouldnt help to learn all those combos out of ur head........ i fully trust on my instincts... doesnt anybody agree with me??:)
    Originally posted by AGR_
    sorry that if i look a bit noobish with this post, but isnt it better to go on ur Intuition if u play SFA3? causze for me it wouldnt help to learn all those combos out of ur head........ i fully trust on my instincts... doesnt anybody agree with me??:)

Hehe nederlands. Post je al op www.drakenslag.nl , zo niet meld je dan aan :D .

Learning a few of these vc's would help you a lot. Not all vc's are hard once you get the hang of it they pretty much all look the same. These vc's aren't unpractical flashy combo's for combovids. they are essential. what do you mean by intuition and instincts

speel je sfa3 online :D :p
    lp. mp. fp. fk.
    my head tells me what i must do on that moment,..... its just a matter of experiance and a bit of skill....

nee... kan dat dan? ik heb em op de GBA :)
    Originally posted by AGR_
    my head tells me what i must do on that moment,..... its just a matter of experiance and a bit of skill....

nee... kan dat dan? ik heb em op de GBA :)

Ja online kan je spelen via emulator. Meld je aan bij drakenslag !!!
    lp. mp. fp. fk.
    el-diablo:thats a crazy charlie corner VC, props if you invented it, props none the less for sharing.

middlekick:hey something new to do with v-ryu nice setup/combo >=)

DOES A V-GUY COMBO EXIST?!
    Some Guy VCs.

VC2:standing jab-> standing strong-> standing fierce-> standing roundhousexx qcf+short-> [standing fierce-> standing roundhousexxqcf+short ] x n-> roundhouse bushin hurricane.

VC2:df+roundhouse-> shadow df+roundhouse hits-> strong elbow drop(you may have to use a fierce elbow drop if the opponent falls too far) x 2~3-> in corner: qcb+forward x n.

VC2:df+roundhouse-> shadow df+roundhouse hits-> jump roundhouse-> cc jump roundhouse x 1~2-> stand fierce-> forward bushin hurricane kick x n.

VC2:df+roundhouse-> shadow df+roundhouse hits-> [whiffed fierce bushin leap-> close standing forward-> far standing roundhouse] x n-> close fierce-> whiffed short bushin hurricane kick-> low strong-> fierce bushin grab.

Corner:
    Bushin Chain: activate VC2-> low strong-> forward bushin hurricane kick x n.

Now the bad news:
    Regarding VCs that start with his df+roundhouse; Unless the opponent is a large character, the second hit of Guy's df+roundhouse will not connect on a crouching opponent, thus preventing the opponent from getting launched.
    The VCs that start from a bushin chain will also whiff against the smaller crouching characters.
    lol man middlekick that is indeed bad news. Im going to learn the combos anyway, ill probably be more consistent with that than with jab-strong-super. Thanks man peace.
  • yes4meyes4me F411ure 1z n07 4n 0p710n Joined: Posts: 329
    I know it is not that good, but how about Gen?
    most practical Gen VC I remember goes like: (kick style) vc3 c.sk, c.rk, c.fp, [c.rk, wall bounce kick from opposite wall, s.fp]x3, i think. haven't done it in forever...

best other vc would of course be the infinite, but that only works on the 1p side AFAIK. And there's a variation of the above VC that works in the corner that I think I saw in one of the BAS videos, but it uses the ceiling drop kick instead.

apologies for the poor capitalization, typing on DC controller...

What's the longest cc VC w/Blanka, and does it work on both sides?
  • SaBrESaBrE BAI BAI Joined: Posts: 4,495 mod
    Originally posted by TS

apologies for the poor capitalization, typing on DC controller...

damn, thats a soldier right there ROFL
    AZ fighting game crew, team hAZmat

www.teamhazmataz.com

www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
    At least now I got the keyboard...even though it sucks...

Okay, got A3 for the DC last week...still not may Saturn version, but it's better than nothing, which is what I have earlier. And even though stuff is hard to do on a DC controller, I spend a lot of time in training mode still, testing out combos.

So what is the 2P version of Ryu's infinite exactly? cc j.SP, c.FK, jump back SP, crossup j.FK, j.SP, neutral jump SK, and jump SP back into the corner? Because I can't get it to work. The jump Short will whiff 60% of the time, and it doesn't seem to keep them high enough to get them with more Strongs.

Also, does anyone know the Rolento walk infinite? Is it just Patriot Circle, s.RK xx [sj.JP, cc walk JP]?
  • CamTheManCamTheMan Team Gaman Joined: Posts: 5
    VC3, c.RH, f+RH, whiff QCF+Forward, [s.FP, whiff QCF+Forward], when you get to the corner [s.Fierce, whiff QCB+Jab] for like 2 sets, then do s.Fierce, j.Short, CC j.Shorts for his infinite.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get c.RH to f+RH to hit at all.. It just goes right through him.

I'm playing the Dreamcast version if that changes anything.. :confused:
    TS:I used to try jump towards strong, jump towards corner crossup forward, jump back into corner strong, * jump out of corner strong, [jump straight up short > jump towards strong]. I might have had a jump straight short at the * but i don't think so.. I was only able to go from corner to corner and out again tho and then it fucked up.. maybe you can play around with that?

While you're at it, can you check if Gen's KKK style j.forward is an infinite? I know it is on the PSX version, but everyone tells me otherwise... I don't have DC or Saturn.
  • Tanaka ForceTanaka Force Joined: Posts: 229
    There is'nt a 2P side Ryu infinite....
    Where the heck did you hear that?
    - Tanaka