SFA3: Character VC's Reborn

12346»

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    i may sound like kinda a noob when i ask this question but can any1 tell me how to do a bison v-ism juggle
  • Xenozip.Xenozip. what a nincowpoop Joined: Posts: 3,942
    TS wrote:
    -snip-
    RE (Claw) Vega notes..

You're probably thinking of his toward+RH (flying kick) move, which does more damage and is more comboable than his neutral RH (hop axe kick). Also, mid-screen you can start off with his RH Scarlet Terror (flip kick) instead of FK. It does a few more points of damage. Though in the corner I think it's better to use FK.

c.SP and the last hit of the Rolling Crystal Flash (claw roll) do the same damage. And FP and c.FP do a few points more damage (than c.SP/roll). And toward+RH does a few points more (than FP).

So, the point of doing standing FP xx whiff LP claw roll, FP is just for the extra (minor) damage you get from FP instead of the claw roll ender. And you can switch the combo after a few reps, you don't really have to be anywhere near the corner for it. If you start to get out of range you can just switch to SP claw rolls and let the ender hit. Technically you're able to do SP claw rolls all the way to the end of the screen, starting from the corner, but it does pathetic damage. So like:

(VC2/3), c.FK, RH Scarlet Terror, FP, [whiff LP Rolling Crystal Flash, FP]x2, [SP Rolling Crystal Flash]xN

As far as corner combos go, I've been toying with this one:

(VC2), c.FK, FH Scarlet Terror, FP, [toward+RH, K-backflip (3K)]xN
    or
    (VC2), c.FK, FH Scarlet Terror, FP, [toward+RH, whiff JP Rolling Crystal Flash]xN

The shadow of the toward+RH hits between hits.

I can't really seem to get any good damage out of it but it's pretty easy to execute.

Though, incidentally you can do:
    c.FK, FK Scarlet Terror, HP, neutral RH, k-backflip(3K), [c.FP, neutral RH, K-backflip(3k)]xN
    Let's play.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Xenozip. wrote:
    Though, incidentally you can do:
    c.FK, FK Scarlet Terror, HP, neutral RH, k-backflip(3K), [c.FP, neutral RH, K-backflip(3k)]xN

Right, looked like you could do that, and I think I'v e seen something like that before. The guy in the a-cho videos used regular standing Roundhouse instead of the towards+RK, I guess he didn't realize about the damage.

Vega's pre-CvS2 normals I'm familiar with, but less so with his specials. The flipkick, for example- I didn't know which version I saw in the vids, because it only hit once, and I wasn't sure which versions of the move would only hit a standing opponent once.

A very random V-Vega note would be that the flipkick seems to whiff vs Akuma's over head, and kicks over him without connecting.
    Actually it may do more damage because it doesn't involve shadow hits. Meaning, with c.FP and neutral RH you don't hit with your shadow, as apposed to using toward+RH you do. But I'm too lazy to test which does more damage right now.

I just know using toward+RH is easier for whatever reason.

Personally, I don't think it really matters what VC you do since all his combos do crap damage. The important thing for him is the CC set-up, IMO.
    Let's play.
  • tolkientolkien tolkaNo Joined: Posts: 163
    some dan vcs
    tolkien wrote:
    some dan vcs
    Corner:
    (VC3): dp+JP, FP(or FK), [whiff qcf+P, RH]xN

Midscreen/AA:
    (VC3): dp+JP, FK(or RH), qcb+RH, RH, whiff qcb+SK, FP, whiff qcb+SK, FP, qcb+SK (hits), whiff qcf+P, FP, whiff qcf+P, RH, whiff qcf+P -- meter ends, c.FP, dp+FP

Alternately, you can end with c.FP, qcb+SK and try to hit them on their way down or AA them if they tech flip.

Dan's VC's aren't very strong. But he has a goddamn pushblock in V-ism.
    Let's play.
    anyone know how to do that big leap that zangief does , its in the zangief video the last few combos
    Xenozip. can u tell me how u do that plz
  • EveryFlowerFlowEveryFlowerFlow You Want Pain? Aegis Reflector Joined: Posts: 3,779
    anyone know how to do that big leap that zangief does , its in the zangief video the last few combos
    Xenozip. can u tell me how u do that plz

f+mp, quick V activation.
    I make Jazz-Hop/Soul-Hop: http://releases.prosodij.co.uk
  • KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926
    I prefer to use :mp: > :qcf::hp: with Dan. You have to be spaced a certain way to use :hk:.
    Also, for changing sides in the corner with Sodom, when I try it, they flip as well.
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
    What about some Dhalsim strats?
    I'm impatient, so I just came up with a Cody VC on my own.
    Someone tell me if it's flippable:

c. MP > QCF+MK > (Whiff) QCF+MK > c. MP > (Whiff) QCF+MK > FP > QCF+MK > FP > QCF+MK > FP > QCF+MK > RH > QCF+MK until corner (FP > QCB+LP x N)

It goes from one side of the screen all the way to the other, so I'm praying that it works.
    If the opponent's only about a half screen from the corner, I'll just use RH > QCF+MK instead of FP.
  • Lv.32 Z-Ism RoseLv.32 Z-Ism Rose Soul Spark! Joined: Posts: 342
    Any T. Hawk Vc's?? Havent really found anything that was worthwhile:(
    SFA3: V-Cammy, A-Rose, A-Zangief (pad)
    SF3-3S: Hugo (SA1) stick, Yang (SA2) pad, Ryu (SA1)

Pad>Sticks :lol:
    Any T. Hawk Vc's?? Havent really found anything that was worthwhile:(
    Best Kind Boxer had a vid clip up on YouTube with some V-Hawk combos that seemed pretty good.
    Let's play.
  • thumbs_upthumbs_up Joined: Posts: 125
    What would be Cody's best VC, and how do you that VC that starts with c.rh then f+rh they just dont hit at all!! .....help please
    It doesn't start with c. RH.
    You do c. MP > QCF+MK > F+RH > QCF+MK THEN c. RH > F+RH
    ok thanks so what is your favorite Cody VC ?
    and how do you setup his CC is it when your about 5% you hit him with standing fierce then jump short or CC jump short
    any help would be great
    I use standing MP since it seems to knock them up higher, but yeah, CC jumping LK after that.
    Is that Roland in your avatar? Lol.
    hehe lol yea its Roland lol he is such a tool
    And uh I am really having a hard time with Dhalsims midscreen VC

I believe it goes like...c.short or forward ,fierce FB,s.roundhouse,DP+KKK,(this is where i have a hard time )you do FB then wiff b+roundhouse then c.forward wiff FB( all must be wiffed except for the b+roundhouse) then in corner you do repeated yoga blasts

Does he have any better mid screen VC's ? and is he worth it in A or V?
    any tips would be cool thanks
    umm does this work with Cody ?
    just do (QCF+Mk,wiff c.MK,QCF+MK).....until corner??
    can someone clarify this
    Yes.
  • SF_crazySF_crazy Acquiring bike money Joined: Posts: 125
    Anybody gave any good stylish VC's? Damage doesn't really matter but just to get some "ooo's" and "ahhh's"
  • Lv.32 Z-Ism RoseLv.32 Z-Ism Rose Soul Spark! Joined: Posts: 342
    Why does some of Cammy's (maybe others, but I havent tried them) VC's that in the corner sometimes cross you up? I have done the repeated Cannon Spike in the corner, but when it comes time for the fierce->holligan combo, the hooligan just flies behind them. If it makes any difference, I play on player 2 side, pushing them to the player 2 corner. I have seen the vid with the cross up Cannon Spikes, but havent learned it yet. Is there any reason this happens?

I guess some characters hit boxes just arent the same. I tried the standard antiair VC1 (st fierce->rh cannon spike->cannon drill, etc etc) on Cody, but for some reason the Cannon Drill misses completely. His sprite falls on the Drill, but there is no hit whatsoever. On some characters, point blank range VC1 Cannon Spike only hits once (Gief, Charlie)......
    SFA3: V-Cammy, A-Rose, A-Zangief (pad)
    SF3-3S: Hugo (SA1) stick, Yang (SA2) pad, Ryu (SA1)

Pad>Sticks :lol:
    If it makes any difference, I play on player 2 side, pushing them to the player 2 corner.
    Actually that's exactly why. Uneven sides. Player 2 crosses up during corner juggles, which makes CC infinites harder for player 2 (but not impossible).
    Let's play.
  • PlayboydojoPlayboydojo Joined: Posts: 45 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Does anyone have a transcript for the Sakura crossup VC? Is it unblockable, or is the side it hits random, or was I just blocking wrong?
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rose corner transition in VC3-
    Crouching SP xx c.FP xx neutral standing RK, jump and cc shennanigans.

Standing Roundhouse has to be done super-late, like the last couple of frames (frames in terms of time, not just animation) before they can air-recover. There's a period where you can't cancel it into a normal anymore, and they get to flip...as late as possible before that.

Fei stuff:

VC2/VC3 Rekkas(FPx3), [b+RK Rekkas (JPx2, FPx1)] to corner

Can be done in VC1 also, but you need to use far standing Roundhouse IIRC, and I think only the shadow hits them. Does less damage.

Confusion and high/low sutff:
    VC1 c.RK xx f+RK, overhead (f+FK), c.SK...Rekkas to transition into midscreen.

VC1 c.RK x2, [FK chicken wing (Tiger Knee motion+K) to crossup, c.SK, c.SP, c.RKx2]

VC1 c.RK xx whiff JP or SP Rekka (x1), crossup j.FK, c.SKx2, repeat. You can also use crouching Forward, or even crouching Forwardx2, but that seemed harder (at least on Juni, whom I was trying it on at the time).

VC2 C.RKx2 Crossup FK chicken wing, c.JP, c.SK. Doesn't work on Zangief, but did work on Bison and I'm assuming all characters his size and smaller (also worked on Ryu). The chicken wing is both an overhead and a crossup.

All of those can either transition into the mdiscreen, or repeat, though the VC2 one has a gap in it. I think you might be able to do [FK chicken wing, c.SK, c.FK]xn vs someone in the corner...also has a gap in it, but should be a bitch to block since the chicken wing hits multiple times and will even hit crouching Juni.

corner stuff:

Rekkas, [s.FP xx FK dragon kick] (b, d, db+K) for VC2, use the Short version of the kick for VC1. Sometimes you may need to use b+FP. VC2 version does more damage.

Didn't think to look for any anti-air VCs.
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    For anti-air you can start with 1st wrekka whif 2nd, hit 3rd. I think standing rh does more damage than b+rh? blah, all his VCs do shit damage.

Corner blocked: VC2, rekkas, d.lk, lk-twisty kick, guard break.. whatever.
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
  • ShinBlankaShinBlanka 神Blanka Joined: Posts: 7,165 mod
    I have a bison vc on the ground for 40%

Activate standing forward kick
    2 in 1 into RH sissor kicks
    Hit Standing FP whiff sk sissor kick and repeat until the end and stomp and dive to standing RH.

Any other cc for him or blanka? Anti air for bison? Anyone know Blanka unblockable cc?
    (FinalRound) A staple in the Fighting Game Community!
    New FR site: http://www.finalround.org
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
  • GregoGrego FUCK SALT! Joined: Posts: 364
    So uh.... Ive been practicing sakuras cc ender to her corner vc, and it seems to me that people can escape it by teching in the air then blocking. What im doing for reference is jp.dp -> (st.fp xx fp.fireball) x 6 -> quick st.sp while the fireballs coming out -> jp.sp -> walk cancel -> jp.fp x 3 -> cr.fp xx fk.dp ... if i set the opponent to do nothing but stand this works great, if i set the opponent to tech and then block it doesnt work. So i ask you fellow srkrs, do you have to anticipate the tech and do a diff combo or what?
    Nani mo kamo iya ni natta. Nankai mo jisatsu wo hakatta ga shi ni kirenai. Tsukamaete shikei ni shite hoshikatta.
    Fuck all yall -
  • DivemanDiveman Loli-zoning Joined: Posts: 2,657
    any good corner combo with V-Fei long, after breaking their guard?

BTW his VCs are REALLY hard to pull, but well.
  • DetrimantixDetrimantix Joined: Posts: 61
    Can anyone recommend a consistent ender for Charlie/Nash that's flexible enough to be used during or after any VC regardless of % or distance once I get to the corner?
    -snip-
    When you get them to the corner it should be standing jab (s.LP) or nothing at all and let the shadow hit.

Then j.SP (j.MP)

They can tech before the j.MP, but if they tech and then block your j.MP then you're doing something wrong. The j.MP should not be blockable with a proper tech trap.
    Let's play.
    anyone can show me some v juni and v juli stuff,kinda havin trouble with them on v-ism
  • Iczer oneIczer one chillin' at Buxi Bar Joined: Posts: 216
    About Juli, there are some vids linked in the Juli Thread (which you probably already know about).

What exactly is it you have problems with ?

[EDIT] Please be more specific, can't help you if i don't know where to start.
    always coming back
    custom combos. check the custom combos thread, but it kinda helped a bit.
    also juni's earth direct and combining it with another move.
  • DetrimantixDetrimantix Joined: Posts: 61
    I have a question regarding crossover VCs, this goes for any character but I'll use Charlie as an example, it seems as if every time I try it, they get pushed too far for the c.RH to connect, or my combo breaks midway through. I believe Charlie's is something like (VC1), c.RH, whiff f+FK, late crossup j.FK, c.SK, c.SP, c.SP, c.SK, c.RH, whiff f+FK etc, what exactly am I doing wrong, am I pressing it too fast, too slow, or is there some trick I'm not picking up on? Thanks in advance.
  • MiddlekickMiddlekick r.mika stalker Joined: Posts: 604
    New Ryu mid-screen by Alioune: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nc1eDBp4rUc
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • AbhiAbhi Best Team EVER Joined: Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    How much Damage can Gen's Shitenshuu level 3 super do

Thats the one where he hits you and 5 seconds later they go dizzy, I know as each second passes energy goes down.

But if all the hits connect of a level 3 and all the seconds go down, how much will have been taken off before they have now gone dizzy ?
    I'm like an Hadoken

I'm like Down Right Fierce
  • ButtermakerButtermaker Joined: Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You gotta be kidding me...

And what does that have to do with this thread?
  • MiddlekickMiddlekick r.mika stalker Joined: Posts: 604
    Wait...

Are you saying...
12346»