3rd Strike General Discussion Thread

Comments

• DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227
    Lance3rd wrote: »
    If you just confirm mp from max distance it drops some of the hits.

are we talking sa1? sa3 I think does that too, I just never cared enough to note it because the first 3-4 hits are the nice ones. CHUNK CHUNK CHUN BIT BIT
    8tROOXi.png
  • Lance3rdLance3rd Alaska 3rd Strike Joined: Posts: 986
    Oh I was talking about 3. Not sure about 1.
  • ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,918
    edited June 2014
    St mp counter pokes and whiff punishes well. Watch kaeru. He utilizes it a lot.
  • vandarkholmevandarkholme Joined: Posts: 388
    what Dander said, +it's kind of a tick throw setup, +the cancel gives you more time to cancel react into super (at least thats what it felt like to me)
    Sutorito Faita : Sad strike
    vandark, you should hear a cool pherai story from me one day then. Add it to all your history. I'll probably remember it closer to EVO time and just retell it to the forum when I'm probably going to re-tell some more anyway. Its not the glory hole one though, that one's too legendary. You probably know more about that than me.
  • TenchiTenchi Double Crack Kick. Get Money. Joined: Posts: 115
    I notice a lot of people refer to playing 3S on GGPO these days. Is this like... the PC one right? Opposed to the console release 3Sonline?
    Is there a reason people gravitate towards the PC one over the console one? or is this just a preference thing?
    Question: How do you kill that which has no life?
    Answer: Cancel their World of Warcraft account.
    It probably has something to do with the awesome player base and/or that they have been there longer.
    8tROOXi.png
  • Lance3rdLance3rd Alaska 3rd Strike Joined: Posts: 986
    GGPO has zztop and he's a real charmer
  • NoMoreFunlandNoMoreFunland Perfection equals obliteration! Joined: Posts: 1,229
    Since computers performance and compatibility varies the GGPO experience varies quite a bit from person to person @Tenchi‌

The player base has been playing longer there than most of XBL or PSN and you get a lot less new people trying to play 3rd Strike like other street fighters.
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,398
    In regards to Dudley's S.MP Ducking, I tend to not really do that for super hitconfirms. Just pressure starter.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
  • darkhiryuudarkhiryuu Hello Hella Joined: Posts: 202
    Devdan wrote: »
    I just don't get what the ducking part is for. To move you into throw range?
    Dudley s./c.MP x Ducking is used so you can get full super hits from max range MP.
    bmckay wrote: »
    In regards to Dudley's S.MP Ducking, I tend to not really do that for super hitconfirms. Just pressure starter.
    That's probably for the best since it's too easy to crouch under s. MP. What do you use for hit confirms in place of that?
  • DevdanDevdan Joined: Posts: 538
    Ok, the full super hits thing makes sense. I'll make a note of that at least. I do kind of have a habit of just raw ducking into SA3 to punish some stuff where it's probably not guaranteed.
    Raw Ducking SAIII is good to do against certain things, like reversal on not max distance shoto c.HK or if Hugo does a jump attack at you.
    darkhiryuu wrote: »
    Devdan wrote: »
    I just don't get what the ducking part is for. To move you into throw range?
    Dudley s./c.MP x Ducking is used so you can get full super hits from max range MP.
    That's probably for the best since it's too easy to crouch under s. MP. What do you use for hit confirms in place of that?

If I'm further away, I'll use S.HK Ducking. If I end up in throw range, Cr.LKLK. I mean, I know that there are others that can work, but those are my go-tos. Cr.LKLK mixed with SSB is hilarious.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    Raw Ducking SAIII is good to do against certain things, like reversal on not max distance shoto c.HK or if Hugo does a jump attack at you.

ducking super is a punish against hugo's low forward the same way it is against shoto cr. rh. You could do it without ducking and only hit that last hits to test it out first if you're not sure about the distance.
    8tROOXi.png
    You mean if he whiffs it in front of you right, not if you block it? It's -5 on block so I don't think that's long enough to Ducking super it.
    edited June 2014
    You mean if he whiffs it in front of you right, not if you block it? It's -5 on block so I don't think that's long enough to Ducking super it.

I mean block.
    8tROOXi.png
    Didn't think that was possible to do, good to know.
  • djdjwdjdjw GGPO's son Joined: Posts: 281
    darkhiryuu come back to ggpo this instance!
    Earned a free fightstick from that site ->... http://www.points2shop.com?ref=uin1352551523
    edited June 2014
    Ducking super won't work on Hugo low mk if that's what you mean.
    edited June 2014
    ryan. wrote: »
    Ducking super won't work on Hugo low mk if that's what you mean.
    Here we go again.

Just test it yourself you stubborn fool
    8tROOXi.png
    djdjw wrote: »
    darkhiryuu come back to ggpo this instance!

How'd you know I was on GGPO?
    JAK.. wrote: »
    Although I am not Ryan I tested and confirmed it does not work. I want my 5 minutes back :/

Guess that's that then. It would have been great if he could have done that though,

I'm done with this board. You guys are scrubs.
    8tROOXi.png
    Isnt it ironic you hate on training mode yet don't know simple stuff like whats possible and what isn't? Lol
  • AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528
    duckcanoe wrote: »
    Tebbo wrote: »
    yeah dude you learned everything on the streets and in the arcadesssss
    training mode is that new school scrub shit

Yeah, I actually did. Sorry it's so unrealistic and impractical to a scrub like you. You'll never get it.

"I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

;_; "

Dander.
    Congrats, homie!

In other news, I bought USFIV update day one because I thought Hugo would make the game better. Ultimately, what I learned is that USFIV is still SFIV, which is to say, still bad. Hugo is terrible in it, but he's fun in some matchups.

In short, back to my 3S.
    Makoto looks good in Ultra. Still can't believe they gave Elena a Healing Ultra though...

;_; "

Dander.
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,937
    because I thought Hugo would make the game better. Ultimately, what I learned is that USFIV is still SFIV, which is to say, still bad.

In short, back to my 3S.
    You should have noticed from the very few options given on Dudley kanipan launches for followup finishers, or his known poking/ground game tools, this is no good game. A punching bag who bleeds, is no character choice for me...

Also in JP Gouki news

Snoop and Psy were on TV there, Gouki-sama in a video with all the K-Pop chicks! :smokin:

& somebody posted Viscant's avatar-namesake, GAY PIMP, with your homeboy Jesus with the stunner shades. :cool: Better get on that Vegas Snoop referencing soon... I may have one option to go with that
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,885 mod
    Also in JP Gouki news

Snoop and Psy were on TV there, Gouki-sama in a video with all the K-Pop chicks! :smokin:

& somebody posted Viscant's avatar-namesake, GAY PIMP, with your homeboy Jesus with the stunner shades. :cool: Better get on that Vegas Snoop referencing soon... I may have one option to go with that

man I just stumbled on that today too! had to do a double take... "is that Psy, CL, and fuckin SNOOP?!"
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
    I've seen a couple of Elena matches in Ultra and everything looks like it's in slow mo and running at 30FPS.

;_; "

Dander.
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,140
    i got Ultra yesterday and tried out Elena. everything feels slow but isn't. hard to explain. anyways, i tried playing that shit online and realized how spoiled ggpo has made me.

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,667
    edited June 2014
    Can't speak for Ultra, but I never had that experience with AE. The movement feels horrible now that I've had better, but if I have to congratulate the game on one thing it is that attacks are well animated, have a nice feeling of weight to them and there's enough hitstop to make things feel like the blows really sank. Some of Gouken's stuff was especially nice, his fierces have a great feeling of authority to them. Sadly, slying schoolgirls are priority monsters in that game :P
    I've seen a couple of Elena matches in Ultra and everything looks like it's in slow mo and running at 30FPS.

SF4 just feels slo-mo after you go to it from even 3S, let alone KOF or GG.
    Steam/Fightcade:Coffeeling
    Xrd: ? | ST: Claw, Ryu, O.Sagat | 3S: Chun-Li, Akuma
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,878
    I'd buy Ultra Street Fighter 4, and then pay 15 bucks for Alex DLC with Hulk Hogan costumes
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
    So Tebbo tried it on oe and I tried it on ggpo, and its turning out that you cannot ducking super punish the low forward, just a regular punish. I'll look into why I thought this, though, I'd hate to blame it on the fact that maybe some dude at ffa just didn't block after seeing me try to reversal his low forward.
    8tROOXi.png