Kill... Kill... Kill Them All! The New Decapre General Thread

d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPITJoined: Posts: 36,723 mod
edited June 2014 in Decapre
Since the old thread started off as a speculation thread for the fifth new character I've decided to start a new one here.

Old thread:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/180502/execute-the-decapre-thread/

@DaFeetLee‌ 's pre release Decapre guide.
http://dafeetlee.wordpress.com/2014/05/16/usfiv-decapre/

Known alternate colors.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8846237/#Comment_8846237

Frame data:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SF4/comments/27f1zp/decapre_frame_data/

Tell me if anything else needs to be added here.
Post edited by d3v on

Comments

• C.Viper FanC.Viper Fan Jedah Joined: Posts: 148
    edited June 2014
    May as well put it in here, so i don't have to edit that old post. I'll get this updated and completed when the game comes out!

DECAPRE COLOR GUIDE:

Primary
    68964_D11.gif65937_d22.gif33007_d5.gif35172_d10.gif

01: Midnight Blue (Original)
    02: Red
    03: Gold
    04: Green
    05: Black
    06: Purple
    07: Light Blue (Shadaloo Cammy)
    08: Dark Brown
    09: Orange Leotard/Brown thighs
    ??: Pink Leotard/ Black thighs

Alternate 1 (SFxT)
    01: Pink/Black (Original)
    02: Brown/Black
    03: Yellow/Black
    04: Purple/Black
    05: White
    06: Orange/Black
    07: Green/Black
    08: Purple
    09: White/Black
    10: Blue/Green

Alternate 2 (Gladiator DLC)
    01: Blue (Original)
    02:
    03:
    04:
    05:
    06:
    07:
    08:
    09:
    10:
    Post edited by C.Viper Fan on
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,299
    June 3rd..... We in there. :nunchuck:
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • needles09needles09 No perfect, Moral victory. Joined: Posts: 647
    Oni main switching to Decapre. It's funny because for months I kept saying how I want her playable since she's a combination of 2 of my favorite SF characters (Vega/Cammy, although I can't play Vega very well and I don't enjoy playing Cammy.) Now that she's here, it's just funny how I'm not that excited. I'm only switching because of the nerfs to Oni.
    ^Why do I feel like this post is blatantly baiting me? :rofl:

Don't worry, the hype will come once you get your hands on the character. Personally, I can't wait for the ridiculous set ups that come out of this thread.

However, if I may offer some advice, you should stick with Oni a bit longer. Whether he's on the side or not, play him anyway. You like the character, so stick it out. If you still feel like you wanna drop him, go right ahead. I felt the same way with Cammy going from Super to AE. I stuck with her though, and she ended up being near perfect for me in 2012.

• ThisGuy198ThisGuy198 Mid tier lurker. Joined: Posts: 218
    Dammit!
    The thought the Dhalsim and Dee jay boards were being fused together together.

tumblr_m8d04iURZg1ryf7dio1_500.gif

@Trouble Brewing
    YOU LIED TO ME.
    *Real conversation between Diago and Mago*
    Daigo: Check out that honey over there with the fat ass.
    Mago: Real talk homie. That bitch is mine.
    Daigo: Nigga why you tryin' to cockblock me?
    Mago: Okay, winner gets homegirls number.
    Daigo: Smoke a blunt after this?
    Mago: Sure. Just like we smoked these free fat ass American bitches.
    *bro fist*
  • unwndunwnd Joined: Posts: 452
    jebop wrote: »
    Using Decapre for guaranteed hatemail and possibly hated in real life too.

My xbox gamertag is Decapre + using her day 1, I better see some hatemail.

• ShiroyashaShiroyasha The Crimson Fucker Joined: Posts: 794

You don't have to use decapre for that. Just try harder
    SSF4 AE 2012: Juri, Rose, Cammy <3

• C.Viper FanC.Viper Fan Jedah Joined: Posts: 148
    Decapre and Poison will be hatemail magnets in Ultra
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,723 mod
    Getting hatemail is a badge of honor. My goal when playing is to get my opponents to ragequit.
    ^Why do I feel like this post is blatantly baiting me? :rofl:

Don't worry, the hype will come once you get your hands on the character. Personally, I can't wait for the ridiculous set ups that come out of this thread.

However, if I may offer some advice, you should stick with Oni a bit longer. Whether he's on the side or not, play him anyway. You like the character, so stick it out. If you still feel like you wanna drop him, go right ahead. I felt the same way with Cammy going from Super to AE. I stuck with her though, and she ended up being near perfect for me in 2012.

I'm not actually dropping him, I'm just going to use the two of them together, cover bad match ups. Also I'm dead serious, I love the character but sweet sassy molassy so lazy.
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    unwnd wrote: »

My xbox gamertag is Decapre + using her day 1, I better see some hatemail.

Gonna use a troll name like "Retardo-Decapre-O".
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    Someones's trying to hard. But then again, I don't think anyone's surprised.
  • Thomas the GloveThomas the Glove Execute Joined: Posts: 106
    Pretty sure Rolento is going to be the new character that gets all the hatemail. And Hugo just cause general noobs not knowing how to fight grapplers.
    Character crisis. Maybe Decapre, enjoying trying out Mr. Bipson pre Ultra.
  • LegendarTyranLegendarTyran Joined: Posts: 92
    So, is there any detail of Decapre's face without the mask? Vega takes his mask off all the time. Also pretty sure every move Decapre has is a charge move.
    Some of my USF4 videos

Best Street Fighter theme song.
  • nickdeklinenickdekline Trajan Joined: Posts: 318
    I'm excited for Decapre, she looks really good
    edited June 2014
    So, is there any detail of Decapre's face without the mask? Vega takes his mask off all the time.
    usfiv-decapre-design-3-full.jpg
    usfiv-decapre-design-4-full.jpg
    Also pretty sure every move Decapre has is a charge move.
    Welcome to 3 months ago.
  • MotMMotM Joined: Posts: 856
    Any setups mentioned so far for U1 besides

knockdown -> U1 -> scramble

?
    MotM wrote: »
    Any setups mentioned so far for U1 besides

knockdown -> U1 -> scramble

?
    In the old thread, it was mentioned that Combofiend was landing it from rapid dagger in the corner.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8846940/#Comment_8846940
  • LAU-HKLAU-HK Joined: Posts: 1,030
    I think with U1 there will be a few characters who will have a hard time to avoid it completely.

Let's take blanka for example, assuming he doesn't have U2. If he ex ball go through U1 and hit you he will probably bounce back after the hit and eat the rest of the ultra. His jump range is too short and if you read a rainbow roll it's quite easy to counter.

I'm sure there's plenty of other characters that will have problems as well...
    edited June 2014
    According to Alioune, lp rapid dagger is -3 on block but is safe from DPs and SPDs at cr.mk range.

Speaking of Aliuone, he was rocking her pink/white alt in a recent playtest.
    FUhBcbp.jpg

Also, he and VRyu are currently talking about her on Twitter. Mostly about whether EX hands to U2 works in the corner and whether EX ground bounce can juggle after U1.
    LAU-HK wrote: »
    Let's take blanka for example, assuming he doesn't have U2. If he ex ball go through U1 and hit you he will probably bounce back after the hit and eat the rest of the ultra.
    I want to test this out now. For reference, does this happen against 'Sim's U1?

EDIT:

Also...
    Post edited by d3v on
  • LAU-HKLAU-HK Joined: Posts: 1,030
    Yeah blanka have a hard time getting around Sims ball as well, I suppose one way for blanka to escape the option is if he does ex Upball but if decapre scrambles and goes back to original position blanka will get punished on his way down.
  • Time pantsTime pants Maybe Evil Ryu is just misunderstood? Joined: Posts: 448
    From some of the Da Feet Lee videos I watched, it looked like Decapre didn't really have much going for her in the damage department. This was especially worrying because it didn't look like he was really fooling anyone with her teleport mixups (it seems like they really dialed back the speed on them and made them a ton easier to track visually). Was this a case of a player not using his character to its fullest potential, or is this basically how Decapre looks to be played?
    Time pants wrote: »
    From some of the Da Feet Lee videos I watched, it looked like Decapre didn't really have much going for her in the damage department. This was especially worrying because it didn't look like he was really fooling anyone with her teleport mixups (it seems like they really dialed back the speed on them and made them a ton easier to track visually). Was this a case of a player not using his character to its fullest potential, or is this basically how Decapre looks to be played?
    According to Alioune, her damage is comparable to Cammy's.
  • Time pantsTime pants Maybe Evil Ryu is just misunderstood? Joined: Posts: 448
    In that case, um... holy shit.
    I might have issues with that cr.MK x Hands cancel.... Should've played more Chun lol.

• MalvadiscoMalvadisco Marambio Joined: Posts: 2,967
    Chun doesnt use that piano

But gen and honda does
    CARACOLES
    Malvadisco wrote: »

But gen and honda does

I know, but you get the point lol. Gonna have to put a lot of lab time in practicing that one. It doesn't sound that hard in my head, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Played both Cammy and Blanka (and a helluva lot of shmups). Hands doesn't seem to be a problem to me.

But gen and honda does

I know, but you get the point lol. Gonna have to put a lot of lab time in practicing that one. It doesn't sound that hard in my head, but I'll just have to wait and see.

it depends on the normal really, i hate the cr.mk xx hands from honda because is very tricky to do, but gen in the other hand i find it easier.
    CARACOLES
  • SpuckukSpuckuk Joined: Posts: 144
    cr.mk then mp, lp, hp, mp, lp piano style probably the easiest way to do this?
    I was thinking about hitting cr.MK with my thumb, then piano'ing LMHHL. Would sliding work? I really should just go practice this with Blanka or something lol...

• OvegaRedOvegaRed Joined: Posts: 44
    With Gen, I always found cr.mk + lp, mp, hp, mp, lp to be an easy way to do cr.mk into lp hands.
    SFV: Vega, Necalli
    USF4: Vega, Decapre
    KOF XIV: Mature / Leona / Mai
    MvC2: Omega Red / Cable / Doom
    PSN/Steam: OvegaRed | CFN: a_sandwich
    Just practiced it with Blanka.... It's hard :shake:. I kept getting HP/EX Electricity. Wasn't long before my wrist started hurting either. Lol

• stabicronstabicron CTRL ALT PSYCHOCRUSHER Joined: Posts: 2,065
    I was only recently introduced to the slide method (my fingers tend to be too dumb to piano). OvegaRed's inputs seem liked they could use that method. Still I am gonna have to practice tomorrow as this will be my first character that even uses that kind of input
    Ultra: Bison, Decapre, Oni, Cammy
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Jam, Millia | KOF13: Athena/Kula/Yuri
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,491
    buranka slide i just do mk+lp mp hp mp lp easy peasy.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    Veserius wrote: »
    you use lp elec? im pretty sure hp elec moves you forward (same for honda and chun)
    CARACOLES
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,491
    edited June 2014
    Veserius wrote: »
    you use lp elec? im pretty sure hp elec moves you forward (same for honda and chun)

sometimes you gotta use lp elec, and you can mixup blockstun values. timing a tech for a +5 move vs. a +10 move is different.

and no his elecs don't move you forward, they just have different sized hitboxes
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    I have never played or practiced a hands character before. I'm so excited. Also the only charge character I've ever played was Vega in SFxT