Mortal Kombat X

Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,364
edited February 2015 in Mortal Kombat
Due to all the hints and teases that have been given and the more to come, it seems likely that MK10 will be revealed soon.

What do you think/hope from MKX? Think it'll return to 3d or stay 2.5d? Do you think they'll remake the MK4 (possibly Deadly Alliance as well) story or do you think it'll continue from Deception? Who do you hope will be in this game?
Post edited by Monkey66 on

Comments

• MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,870
    Didn't Sub Zero turn into a robot?
  • SkeletrollSkeletroll Banned Joined: Posts: 1,267
    Magegg wrote: »

As much as I appreciate them taking a chance on that idea in MK9, and actually liking the character myself, I'd be fine if they back pedaled on that one detail and kept Sub Zero a human.

Also, they need to keep Shao Kahn dead and put Quan Chi and Shinnok on the villain center stage. And if they pull any more PS2 era characters in, I hope they have enough common sense to stay away from bags of shit like Kobra, Kira, etc. and focus on more with potential like Nitara and Ashrah.

Fanboy hopeful additions:

return of Skarlet
    Fujin
    Tremor

• Minh_GiangMinh_Giang Joined: Posts: 105
    one word: Reiko.
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,376
    Kai
    Fujin
    Reiko
    Tanya
    Ashrah

Since there's a good chance Jade and Ermac won't be on 10 the least they can do is give me at least two of those on my list.
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • KashiyukasthighsKashiyukasthighs Joined: Posts: 994
    This game is most likely going to be a piece of shit but I'll probably end up buying it anyway since I've been a fan since the first game.

I don't really care who's in as long as Skarlet is in there.
    Kai
    Fujin
    Reiko
    Tanya
    Ashrah

Since there's a good chance Jade and Ermac won't be on 10 the least they can do is give me at least two of those on my list.

ermac is still alive and probably freed from shao kahn's magic.
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,405
    Minh_Giang wrote: »
    Kai
    Fujin
    Reiko
    Tanya
    Ashrah

ermac is still alive and probably freed from shao kahn's magic.

Ermac IS Shao Khans magic though Skarlet as well

If Shinook is involved then most of the dead cast is going to make a return, obviously they are making heel turns at first I'm guessing most of the story is gonna revolve around who stays bad, whos good etc etc character redesigns blah blah.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,207
    no gameplay? lol
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    fuck that rap song bs.
  • DarkArchvilleDarkArchville Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed. Joined: Posts: 1,166
    That part where Sub-Zero grabs a tree branch suggests they're adding stage interactions like in Injustice. Interesting.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,381
    I wonder if they will finally add hit-stop.
    That part where Sub-Zero grabs a tree branch suggests they're adding stage interactions like in Injustice. Interesting.

Looks like weapon system might return as well. Pretty useless, but I hope that fatality is a hint that they'll be doing them that style with fancy camera work and angles to at least make them more appealing to watch the first few times.

• Th3 JoK3R JTh3 JoK3R J Got Claw? Joined: Posts: 772
    Ki Shima wrote: »
    no gameplay? lol

I read some of the youtube comments and it actually made sense. Pay attention when ever they have the camera angle in front of them like all the mortal kombat games, thats the gameplay and when they switch to different up close cools scenes that's the CGI they mixed with the game play in the trailer. They actually look different when changing scenes.

"I get stronger in direct proportion to how strong my opponent is. I do not tire, and cannot be defeated." -Kisame Hoshigaki
  • Robbie RageRobbie Rage Ambassador of Fun & Jobber to the Stars Joined: Posts: 246
    I like it! I like the (apparent) incorporation of stage interactibles from Injustice coming in. The outfits are cool too, too bad Sub-Zero lost to the usual SCORPION WINS LOL syndrome.

Must Have: Reptile
    Really Want: Kabal
    Could Be Fun: Bo Rai Cho, Tanya
    I'm The Only One Who Wants Her Back: Frost
    edited June 2014
    I really want this game! I liked MK9 and will definitely like this one, I need Johnny Cage! if he isn't in it, my first favorite character scorpion shall do.

Also the song went pretty well for me, fast paced and serious just like the fight. It also looks like MK4 weapons are back or something or maybe they just wanted to add Sub-Zero sword in the ground.
    "I get stronger in direct proportion to how strong my opponent is. I do not tire, and cannot be defeated." -Kisame Hoshigaki
  • JusticeJustice Joined: Posts: 46
    Skeletroll wrote: »

As much as I appreciate them taking a chance on that idea in MK9, and actually liking the character myself, I'd be fine if they back pedaled on that one detail and kept Sub Zero a human.

Also, they need to keep Shao Kahn dead and put Quan Chi and Shinnok on the villain center stage. And if they pull any more PS2 era characters in, I hope they have enough common sense to stay away from bags of shit like Kobra, Kira, etc. and focus on more with potential like Nitara and Ashrah.

Fanboy hopeful additions:

return of Skarlet
    Fujin
    Tremor

No. Shinnok is too much of a fan favourite. They need to make him a playable mini-boss and make Onanga the Main boss.
    injustice's interactables and mk4's weapons system, i knew it lol.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,091 mod
    no gameplay? lol

I read some of the youtube comments and it actually made sense. Pay attention when ever they have the camera angle in front of them like all the mortal kombat games, thats the gameplay and when they switch to different up close cools scenes that's the CGI they mixed with the game play in the trailer. They actually look different when changing scenes.
    But the movement itself is too slow and choreographed to be actual gameplay. My guess is that it's actual animations (for normals and specials) and assets, but not real gameplay.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    edited June 2014
    d3v wrote: »
    But the movement itself is too slow and choreographed to be actual gameplay. My guess is that it's actual animations (for normals and specials) and assets, but not real gameplay.

Only time will tell till next year with more videos also and the game is no where near done yet.

Don't forget when The order 1886 trailer came out and said real game play and more videos came out and people were like no way this is real gameplay.

Some next gen games are done pretty good when mixing gameplay with choreographed trailers and stuff.
    Justice wrote: »

No. Shinnok is too much of a fan favourite. They need to make him a playable mini-boss and make Onanga the Main boss.

Unplayable "Giant" bosses are a waste of time and resources. I'd rather them omit those fuckers and just concentrate on one or 2 main villains who are both playable. I was relieved Injustice didn't make a double sized Darkseid as an end boss or some other such nonsense.

Another thing about the trailer, MK9 trailers were the same way, a mix of the actual engine with some FMV and fancy camera work, so some of that trailer is most likely early gameplay footage. Just hope E3 has at least 2 playable characters with a HUD so we can get a better idea of what to expect.

• AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528

hhhbkshock_zpsc7710378.gif
    "I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

;_; "

Dander.
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,299
    Ugh, Stage weapons?! Keep that shit in Injustice, brah

MP9vaxX.gif
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,364
    echelonNYK wrote: »
    Ugh, Stage weapons?! Keep that shit in Injustice, brah

MP9vaxX.gif

Stage weapons were in MK ever since MK4 though
  • QuantumPrime_QuantumPrime_ NO MEAT BUNS, NO LIFE! Joined: Posts: 49
    Soooo....I would like some Konquest mode
    ALSO THE HYPE TRAIN IS REAL
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I hope the animations are improved and don't look so goofy. Otherwise, looking forward to this.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    edited June 2014
    -isms are in this shit, R0FL
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,207
    no gameplay? lol

yeah I wanted it to be the gameplay when I first saw it but I don't want to be disappointed :rofl:
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,364
    Well the trailer was kind of a hint to the gameplay, it was mainly in 2d.

But in a week from now ( E3 2014) we should see a trailer with actual gameplay along with more characters and stages.
  • therooktherook I Challenge My Fate! Joined: Posts: 3,458
    As usual, the character designs look dope, especially Scorpions. I wondered how they were going to top Jim Lee's design...i'm speechless.
    SFIV: Guy, Cody, E.Ryu, Poison.
    Gundam Extreme: Wing Zero(TV)
    Tekken: Lili, Asuka, A.King, Julia/Jaycee, Kunimitsu.
    SC: Taki/Natsu
    VF5FS: Eileen, El Blaze, Aoi.
  • free_manfree_man Joined: Posts: 81
    Monkey66 wrote: »
    Due to all the hints and teases that have been given and the more to come, it seems likely that MK10 will be revealed soon.

What do you think/hope from MKX? Think it'll return to 3d or stay 2.5d? Do you think they'll remake the MK4 (possibly Deadly Alliance as well) story or do you think it'll continue from Deception? Who do you hope will be in this game?

Playability: I hope the game continue with 2.5D, no stage and char weapons, with hitboxes options which we can see in training mode - like K.I., a training stage - to tournaments too - to keep a neutral and graphical stage, maybe a selectable fight style like MKDA during a fight and a good netplay in all platforms.

History: History starts after the MK9 events and then stop when Onaga resurrect. After Onaga's rise then continue with the MKXI(?) in next gen, because from Shinnok's invasion to Onaga's rise we can see much history and gather many event to this gen.
    I would like to see alternate fighting styles return as well. I actually really like the character/stage weapons. I wouldn't mind environment attacks like Injustice. Stage transitions should still be a thing. The return of the run button would be nice. Maybe a dash button? I think it would be cool if you could constantly counter or block in a sort of clash mode. Not like the wager thing from Injustice. Something similar to MK Vs. DC's grab and attack thing.
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,750
    Scorpions character design is off the fucking charts! Jesus! He looks like a Ninja god or something. Shame my boy Sub-Zero always gets the short end of the stick in these trailers, he got fucking bodied at the end.

The song was dope and fit the trailer really really well which is surprising because Wiz is usually fucking terrible. Here the beat was amazing and well PERFECTLY with the background scenery and his lyric didn't distract from the action. It actually went at the same ace of the fight at certain sections, slowing down and speeding up his lyrics appropriately.

This trailer was a 10/10 for me and I love all the "Rap sucks they should have used Metal! Put metal in EVERYTHING!" Dweebs it inspires. I don't get it, Rap has always fit MK to me and this trailer and music was certainly an improve over MK9's screaming ass song that actually was distracting.

TL;DR: I've heard some mumbling that what we saw was gameplay and if that's true then..........WOW. Fucking beautiful world this game is gonna bee set in. Incredibly hyped!!! Had to wipe tears at the prospect of new MK.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    I would love if that was gameplay, however I doubt it
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    It could be a mixture. The thing with this gen is that cinematic trailers and the actual game itself do look the same. Look at InFamous: Second Son and Arkham Knight for example.
    Game isn't out until 2015, I really think that is just an interpretation of what they expect the game to try to look like.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

True
  • lycanscar950lycanscar950 Joined: Posts: 69
    As long as they make baraka godlike i have no problems with the game
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,681

Sub-Zero is a legacy character so there isn't a need to undo the character change. Just put someone new under the mask. A third brother, cousin, their dad, etc.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger

Sub-Zero is a legacy character so there isn't a need to undo the character change. Just put someone new under the mask. A third brother, cousin, their dad, etc.

I'm still curious if anybody else is back from the dead. Sub-Zero keeps having offspring pop up when he dies versus Scorpion is eternal for all we know. But everybody else done gone and died, when Sindel went Super Saiyan. Or when Liu Kang came down with a case of the fucktarded's

Besides, that probably WAS the third brother. Gonna have to bring out Heihachi Sub Zero.

ANYWHO:

I might have to retract my "this ain't gameplay" statement. The video itself states:
    Fueled by next-gen technology, Mortal Kombat X combines unparalleled, cinematic presentation with dynamic gameplay to create an unprecedented Kombat experience.

I'll wait and see. AND DREAM

YEESSS
  • free_manfree_man Joined: Posts: 81
    edited June 2014
    About the Sub-Zero, maybe can be another Lin Kuei/Cryomancer ninja but not Bi-Han or Kuai Liang. Somebody think this Sub-Zero can be Hydro? He's a Lin Kuei member and a Cryomancer. Hydro was killed by Scorpion too.
    Post edited by free_man on
  • Robbie RageRobbie Rage Ambassador of Fun & Jobber to the Stars Joined: Posts: 246
    After the way MK9's story mode ended, I wouldn't be surprised if they start pulling all sorts of Netherrealm shenanigans and bring a bunch of the characters who died (i.e. Sub-Zero can be either Kuai Liang or Bi Han, depending on what they want), or maybe something even crazier like Scorpion leading a revolt against Quan Chi and Shinnok. They could pull practically anything out of thier butts at this point and make it servicable.
    After the way MK9's story mode ended, I wouldn't be surprised if they start pulling all sorts of Netherrealm shenanigans and bring a bunch of the characters who died (i.e. Sub-Zero can be either Kuai Liang or Bi Han, depending on what they want), or maybe something even crazier like Scorpion leading a revolt against Quan Chi and Shinnok. They could pull practically anything out of thier butts at this point and make it servicable.
    I would love to see Scorpion lead a revolt against Quan Chi and Shinnok
    As long as they make baraka godlike i have no problems with the game

Have they ever made a game where Baraka wasn't shit tier? I'm not including the 3d MK games cause those shits were fucking awful.
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,870
    I guess they're going to include Jago as an extra character in the Xbox One version, ha ha.
    TYM is destroying its community with MK vs Injustice bullshit. Glad i got banned on TYM lol.