Mortal Kombat X

Comments

• jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    edited April 2015
    Froztey wrote: »
    jebop wrote: »
    Haha casuals are the best. One told me I can win Evo easy. Bojutsu I use when I'm struggling in a match with Scorpion, then I just want pokes and damage. I have yet to see someone use Shaolin.

Worst part about rage boy is, he's calling me a nerd for having almost 100 wins. He played well over 100 games, difference is I didn't lose almost all of them. Hypocrite.

Ah, online players and their very easily shattered egos. Never understood how someone can get mad over somebody beating them online or at a game in general, like dude. Fuckin' chill. It's a video game bruh.
    Tbh, I get salty if I lose cause of a dropped combo or something stupid like that (lag). But I won't go on abusing the person about it, after 10 minutes I'll stopped caring. Now if someone shit stomped me into the ground, I laugh. I don't mind getting my ass kicked because it means I have room to improve.

latest?cb=20110822051623
    Post edited by jebop on
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,391 mod
    Get that zenkai boost from an ass whooping, I hear ya man. I haven't been whooped online yet, I've had a couple close sets but nobody has outright destroyed me yet. I think player match is the wrong playlist for games like that though.

Anyways, I've been using Cassie's Hollywood variation recently for those meter nutpunch resets, and I gotta say her nutpunch is buggy as fuck. It goes through characters, whiffs constantly, and sometimes you'll have the first hit connect but not the second. Even though it offers great set-ups I prefer Brawler, fuck her nutpunch. It requires very strict juggle timing to land properly, and even then it can whiff. Online that just isn't possible on a regular basis for me.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,526
    Playing ranked is such a fucking grind.
    Got to rank 224 or something today and I played new players 99% of the time.
    Those people are easier to beat than very easy bots, and when a good player shows up, you get wrecked because you're in your autopilot combo trainer mode half asleep.

Only reason I play so much ranked though, is cuz KOTH is polluted with shitty connections and rooms take forever to ping the whole room.
    Ranked usually has good connections for me even though it mostly says my opponents have no bars or red ones (never seen a green bar in ranked), then ingame it's 90% of the time tolerable.

One thing I wondered was if the leaderboards are region locked or international.
    Saw someone called Geoffmeister on the survival leaderboard and assumed it was Geoff the Hero, but the guy is an American and I play the European PS4 version.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • 30243024 Face Da Mighty Bison Joined: Posts: 52
    Them Sub Zero players that hide behind ice clones all day long is so annoying to play against. The salt is real right now!
    edited April 2015
    3024 wrote: »
    Them Sub Zero players that hide behind ice clones all day long is so annoying to play against. The salt is real right now!

Kenshi blows that shit up if you just zone them out. If you get cornered push them out with meter burn push. It's what I did anyways, none of them blocked. Ice ball isn't an issue in the MU, your zoning tools virtually have him doing nothing but walking/blocking or committing to some weird shit like meter burn slide.
    YouTube
    Twitch
    edited April 2015
    Lost to a scrub zero. Won 1st round, then it was mortalkombat.ppt. Impossible to deal with random slides. I could go make a sandwich, come back, and the match would still be going on.

I extremely dislike fighting Kenshi and Takeda. Not sure if it's because of a lack of Kenshi players for me. Takeda vs Scorpion is just dumb.
    Takeda sucks though, get in his face and he's kinda fucked.

Kenshi is strong I'll admit, but Scorpion can just teleport like a dumbfuck and cancel it into a mix-up.
    YouTube
    Twitch
    Yeah but in lag it just turns into random whip vs spear fest. q.q

<3 Empty teleports.

Didn't spend too long on Jacqui, got onto the game late. I keep missing run cancel combos, not used to them.

I basically drop the 2nd and 3rd one every time.
    edited April 2015
    Dear Jebop,

Fuck your stupid teleport.

Kind Regards,
    Kenshi

& Jacqui has a high ceiling on her potential, once somebody cracks her playstyle 100% she's gonna blow up imo. About to go look into some OS stuff for Kenshi/Cassie, hope to god I can find something decent because hit confirming online is insanely difficult with the latency issues :'c I just commit whenever I feel like it, not worth the hassle online

YouTube
    Twitch
    Lmao, not gonna lie. I just wakeup teleport on people that just press buttons on my wakeup, then when they finally block or play smarter... Empty teleport grab. Online gimmicks ftw! I've lost some games online that I could have won if I just ended the combo early, but I'm stubborn. I may have a look at Kenshi too, possessed. Played a little Cassie in Brawler also. Probably just go around the whole cast, I won't be playing Sub Zero. It's like Ryu/Ken of SF, even if they're you're main, they're just boring online because they're so common.
    edited April 2015
    LOOOOL I just got blind picked on player match are you fucking kidding.

Of course you aren't picking Liu Kang with the Liu Kang background, emblem and bezel.

Done for a while online until the casual fanbase settles, I've had a good 70 matches and I genuinely haven't been combo'd or played a neutral game for all of those matches. This D2 and random special move players aren't very interesting, there isn't anything to adjust or beat it's just BnB punishing. Meh, I'll go give Bloodborne another playthrough.
    Post edited by Froztey on
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • noobernoober Joined: Posts: 270
    anyone know when or where to get the patch that will supposedly fix the game?
    Im off the wall like Vega. "wale"
    SRKdot com. cause nigguhs is nerds too.
  • TheGlowTheGlow Inverted Reverse Fall-away Master Joined: Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yea, its rare I ever get hit with a combo. a quan chi got to about 9 hits and I was impressed. Typically its just uppercuts all day.
  • Running WildRunning Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane Joined: Posts: 3,176
    edited April 2015
    I think NRS track record with netcode is now worse than SNK's.

I really don't get why they couldn't just license GGPO and get it over with.
    YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    RB2: Xiangfei, Cheng, Mary, Geese
    edited April 2015
    I think NRS track record with netcode is now worse than SNK's.

I really don't get why they couldn't just license GGPO and get it over with.

Because certain FG devs like to pretend GGPO doesn't exist.

YouTube
    Twitch
    My Scorpion is fucking beast.
    I wish there were any MKX tournaments in Germany.
    I'd sit in a train for 6 hours just to get some competitive experience that doesn't rely on online tactics.

I empty survival and regular KOTH rooms pretty quickly and shit gets boring.
    I need people who wreck me to grow.
    LOOOOL I just got blind picked on player match are you fucking kidding.

Of course you aren't picking Liu Kang with the Liu Kang background, emblem and bezel.

Done for a while online until the casual fanbase settles, I've had a good 70 matches and I genuinely haven't been combo'd or played a neutral game for all of those matches. This D2 and random special move players aren't very interesting, there isn't anything to adjust or beat it's just BnB punishing. Meh, I'll go give Bloodborne another playthrough.

Now you know my pain lol. Can't play offline matches as of yet, I got a friend who is really close and lives close by but he's busy when I'm not, etc.

Stats got reset? I haven't been on in the last few days. I had to work hard for my damn win rate in this lag lol.

I want to give Quan Chi a go, but I need to work on him and I'm scared as fuck to enter a ranked match with him, with the damn lag. It's only online, but still, I refuse to give casuals free wins.

I think Cassie/Sonya are underrated, I was playing against a Sonya the other day who was pretty good. Then I switched to Kung Jin, just because I felt like playing him. Oh my gosh, the high/low mixup from Sonya when trapped in the corner.
    I made it on the leader board in ranked 1v1 at #98 or some shit, then I play against a fucktard with a record of 1/6 and lose the game because I couldn't do shit in the insane lag that fucker had. Couldn't even punish teleports with uppercut ffs.
    Then I check my ranking again and I lost 200 ranks lol.
    Lol, non sense like that is why I mostly do player matches. Or make a room called "training room". Make one called "scrubs only" and watch how many 200+ players join, looking for free wins.
    Now you know my pain lol. Can't play offline matches as of yet, I got a friend who is really close and lives close by but he's busy when I'm not, etc.

Stats got reset? I haven't been on in the last few days. I had to work hard for my damn win rate in this lag lol.

I want to give Quan Chi a go, but I need to work on him and I'm scared as fuck to enter a ranked match with him, with the damn lag. It's only online, but still, I refuse to give casuals free wins.

I think Cassie/Sonya are underrated, I was playing against a Sonya the other day who was pretty good. Then I switched to Kung Jin, just because I felt like playing him. Oh my gosh, the high/low mixup from Sonya when trapped in the corner.

Quan Chi is damn strong online, you can zone out people who just do jump/D2 and such. And his damage is pretty good too. I finally met a dude who knew how to play lmao, came across him 200/30 and we had a good set together, he showed me just how much damage Bojutsu Kung Jin gets easily :(

YouTube
    Twitch
    I made it on the leader board in ranked 1v1 at #98 or some shit, then I play against a fucktard with a record of 1/6 and lose the game because I couldn't do shit in the insane lag that fucker had. Couldn't even punish teleports with uppercut ffs.
    And them im in NYC where there's always something, but I don't want to bother with the 1 hour train ride.

TheGlow wrote: »
    And them im in NYC where there's always something, but I don't want to bother with the 1 hour train ride.

You lazy fuck.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,142
    edited May 2015
    Took me almost 2 weeks into the lab to play Takeda on a decent skill lvl.
    Took me 25 minutes into the lab to play Kung Jin on a decent skill lvl.
    Perfectlegend speaks the truth. XD

www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB

You lazy fuck.
    Many moons ago there was a time I used beat on Justin Wong for free and hang out with Arturo. I used to get invited out to peoples houses to play on JAMMA's and all that crap.

Working and marriage, I just go home man. Too tired for anything.

Working on my Kung Lao BnBs, anybody got some decent damage midscreen? I have a 35% for 1 bar and I can probably do so much more.
    YouTube
    Twitch
    Kung Jin damage is real, dunno if I can deal with being under pressure with him though.

Haven't played for a few days, been playing DBZ XV. I'm just terrible with Quan Chi lol. I'm guessing my 200/27 is back to 0/0. I haven't updated either.

I think I'll either go with a zoner, or high low mix up (maybe not scorpion, he's so common).
    Kung Jin damage is real, dunno if I can deal with being under pressure with him though.

Haven't played for a few days, been playing DBZ XV. I'm just terrible with Quan Chi lol. I'm guessing my 200/27 is back to 0/0. I haven't updated either.

I think I'll either go with a zoner, or high low mix up (maybe not scorpion, he's so common).

I'm waiting on Jason. Don't care if he sucks, I will main the shit out of him.
    YouTube
    Twitch
    I can't play this online any more, it's a joke.

Holy shit Jason looks ridiculous.
    YouTube
    Twitch
    This retarded guy who can't play for shit busted out solid damage with Jason, so I guess his damage in the hands of a real player is gonna be ridiculous.
    This retarded guy who can't play for shit busted out solid damage with Jason, so I guess his damage in the hands of a real player is gonna be ridiculous.

Exactly what I was thinking. If he has a move that offers combo extension he'll reach insane damage. Not to mention his relentless variation and how it completely fucks the opponents controls, and he even has a teleport? Bring it on, let me hit the lab already damn it.
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,289
    To keep things realistic, I hope Jason lacks the ability to Run lol.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    edited May 2015
    So Ermac is pretty fun. Jason isn't showing in my roster so I've been looking for mid-screen stuff with Ermac. This guy gets damage for free, seriously. 0 on block launcher, it's crazy.

EDIT**
    Damn, you can probably get more damage if you use Soul Release from the Soul Ball into jumping Back Kick. Fuck, oh well. It's 3AM I'm tired, got shit to do tomorrow. I'm out for the night.

YouTube
    Twitch
    Beat a guy 7-0, last game conveniently lagged, lost to jump back shoot Erron Black, then he quit the game. Same goes for the other matches, only been doing player matches since ranked was even worse for me before. I'm like 30-6.

Do you guys think Kitana is the worst in the game? In fact, since people have such ass internet, I don't think I'll even learn her, just jump back throw fans.
    Beat a guy 7-0, last game conveniently lagged, lost to jump back shoot Erron Black, then he quit the game. Same goes for the other matches, only been doing player matches since ranked was even worse for me before. I'm like 30-6.

Do you guys think Kitana is the worst in the game? In fact, since people have such ass internet, I don't think I'll even learn her, just jump back throw fans.

It sucks that she has no (useful) overheads, but she's not the worst.

Was watching a stream where everyone was crying about her, so I wondered. I see no Raiden either.
    Raiden has retarded damage output, but his strings are slow and lack range. He's still likely one of the best characters.

I don't know all of Kitana's problems besides the fact that she has trouble opening people up since I haven't been playing her that long. Whatever they were crying about could very well be legitimate.

edited May 2015
    I can't find flashy stuff with Jason, his strings don't really like to go into one another, run cancels don't go into much.

Upon further inspection it looks like he's just a really simple character and has super simple combos, his corner stuff can get pretty damn good but I've seen nothing else yet
    Post edited by Froztey on
    YouTube
    Twitch
    So Ermac is pretty fun. Jason isn't showing in my roster so I've been looking for mid-screen stuff with Ermac. This guy gets damage for free, seriously. 0 on block launcher, it's crazy.

EDIT**
    Damn, you can probably get more damage if you use Soul Release from the Soul Ball into jumping Back Kick. Fuck, oh well. It's 3AM I'm tired, got shit to do tomorrow. I'm out for the night.
    I forget exactly, B3,2,1 or B3,1,2 is supposedly the best damage ender.
    I'm also in the habit of opening with 222, but I did have issue against a DVorah who was doing low moves and going under it.

For the meantime I've been frequenting testyourmight, lots of good info there,
    http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-ermac-combos-thread.49616/
    edited May 2015

EDIT**
    I forget exactly, B3,2,1 or B3,1,2 is supposedly the best damage ender.
    I'm also in the habit of opening with 222, but I did have issue against a DVorah who was doing low moves and going under it.

For the meantime I've been frequenting testyourmight, lots of good info there,
    http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-ermac-combos-thread.49616/

Nah I know it was probably sub-optimal, it was a quick 30 minute job but I have no intention of playing him, was just fucking around because his new alt is sick and Jason wasn't available to me. Rocking Jason atm, have some BnBs down and stuff.

YouTube
    Twitch