Mortal Kombat X

Comments

• FrozteyFroztey Human Garbage Joined: Posts: 7,129
    edited May 2015
    In the lab with Liu Kang, this character is technical as fuck. I couldn't do literally any of this shit online to save my life, which kinda sucks. I don't really have that problem on any other fighters.
    Okay I finally have those Dragon Fire fireball run cancel combos down, found a nice technique that isn't causing my hands some issues. I was originally doing(Example blockstring etc) 113 - Fireball - Hold 1 - Forward - Forward+Block+Release 1, and that was causing me a lot of trouble and I'm an idiot for doing it that way.

What you SHOULD do when doing run cancel combos is hold the button for the move..so Raiden/Liu Kang/Jacqui etc. Perform a regular dash whilst holding down the button, release the button and go for the block button. I never knew you could press block so late in the dash animation and still get a run. I'll probably upload some run stuff if I find anything noteworthy. Or maybe fuck around with his Dualist variation.
    Post edited by Froztey on
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545

SFV: Alex
    Overwatch: Tank - Reinhardt/Orisa/Winston, DPS - Hanzo/McCree/Soldier, Support - Mercy/Zenyatta/Lucio
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm new to MK10 and i'm enjoying it. I would like some tips with using Reptile. I'm thinking of maining him or Casey.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 32,289
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    I'm new to MK10 and i'm enjoying it. I would like some tips with using Reptile. I'm thinking of maining him or Casey.

You mean Cassie?
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah. I ment Cassie
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Things are looking up.
    Kenshi buffs can't tell if they're meaningful or just "meh" 9f jab is good, why is 114 no longer cancellable though? That sucks.
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545

Overwatch: Tank - Reinhardt/Orisa/Winston, DPS - Hanzo/McCree/Soldier, Support - Mercy/Zenyatta/Lucio
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 2,842
    edited June 2015
    Froztey wrote: »
    Kenshi buffs can't tell if they're meaningful or just "meh" 9f jab is good, why is 114 no longer cancellable though? That sucks.
    According to Pig of the Hut, Kenshi just went "from being bottom 5 to top 5". Soooo... yeah, apparently they're meaningful.

I sure as hell don't complain. I plan on buying the game at some point, and Kenshi is the one character that really interested me.
    Post edited by Naeras on
    edited June 2015
    Balanced Kenshi has safe zoning.

Possessed Kenshi has safe zoning and mixups.

Kenjutsu Kenshi has easier combos and they do more damage.
    EDIT:And yet I still can't do them!

EDIT2:

The uploader says he could get up to 5 loops.
    Post edited by Rioting Soul on
  • dgandara2006dgandara2006 Joined: Posts: 37
    I'm having a hard time hit confirming in this game. I've spent some time in the lab trying to get down some bnb combos, but the footsies or whatever is just different than sf. I've been losing to people spamming moves and basic target combos. Will I pick this up playing more online? Never played mk9 seriously, only played capcom games, where the hit confirms seem a lot easier
    I'm having a hard time hit confirming in this game. I've spent some time in the lab trying to get down some bnb combos, but the footsies or whatever is just different than sf. I've been losing to people spamming moves and basic target combos. Will I pick this up playing more online? Never played mk9 seriously, only played capcom games, where the hit confirms seem a lot easier

I find it easier to hit confirm from strings 3+ hits long. You can't do a normal, see that it hits and then cancel it. The cancel window is too narrow.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 26,697
    Doing KOTH matches for this Kung Lao costume is more than a chore. Why does it have to only count Player Match KOTH?
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,259
    Have they done anything significant to the PS4 netcode in recent times?
    I can't stand the game online anymore.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    Along with the continuous patches the game received and the netcode being crappy I've stopped playing altogether. Too many changes too frequently, it's retarded.

Sitting on Xrd Revelator and SFV at the moment, barely playing SFIV because SFV looks so much better, just playing DMC4SE and FFVII at the moment.
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545

What's fucking weird is that even though I was kinda getting good at the game by online warrior standards, I just stopped playing the game and went back to 3S and USFIV, even though I really suck at SF.
    Lack of depth maybe? No idea, the netcode is atrocious and makes you wanna go play GGPO or something with really good online.

To be honest I really wish NRS would at least give a heads up with their patches, or at LEAST allow 5/6 months to let the game live a little and allow for community feedback. Every half-year they set-up an online dropbox for anybody who wants to let them know their thoughts on what should be changed and figure who needs changing for the better or worse. Because what NRS honestly seem to do at least in MKX's case is just DESTROY any character who is perceived as a problem (E.G Raiden, Tanya) even though Raiden was actually broken and I agree with how they handled him. But they absolutely wreck certain characters in their patches and it makes no fucking sense to me because they just buff a couple of characters into that upper echelon of vanilla Raiden just for them to be nerfed to high hell in the next patch ??? D'Vorah got hit pretty hard recently too.

I don't know. I like this game but I don't like the constant changing, I do like the idea of half-year intervals in changes to create an ever changing meta game that can never be figured out and will constantly be changing, but every 1/2 months is just too much to handle from a competitive viewpoint. Fuck that.
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545

So fucking annoying when you constantly have to relearn your own character and/or how to fight others.
    Get a good fucking product out right away and patch it every half year at best ffs.
    I come from games that got patched frequently like Warcraft 3 and DotA, but even those games always gave players a lot of time to figure things out and invest their time into them before changing shit up.
    edited July 2015
    I played yesterday because I bought the season pass to test out Predator. I liked the two variations that aren't Warrior you can get some mad good set-ups from the Hunter variation that lead into big damage, no idea if people are using it the way I was though.

He has a unique special in Hunter called Snag that ties them up in the air for an air combo when in proximity. After certain hit-strings you're at the perfect distance to throw a Snag but have it JUST outside of proximity range, and Predator has a hit-string that actually pulls him and the opponent back a little and it's a Low/Overhead/Low string. Depending on your timing you can make a Low/Overhead/Low/Low and if they block it all you're at insane advantage anyway. Cool variation. It also stuffs a couple reversals if you're hit them on their wake-up to negate any armour they have and you get a free like 30% from it. Haven't had a chance to look online for what he can do damage wise because no compute atm but the variation with the gun has easy damage for barely anything.
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,115
    Capcom's answer to Kotal Kahn (Necalli)...
    I wouldn't say they're anything alike to be honest...
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545

I don't understand why Japanese players or other players from Asian countries play Mortal Kombat competitively like in tournaments
    ...what?
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545

Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    I don't understand why American players or other players from non-Asian countries play Street Fighter competitively like in tournaments

Doesn't make sense, does it?

edited August 2015
    I don't understand why Japanese players or other players from Asian countries play Mortal Kombat competitively like in tournaments

Asians don't magically have taste in fighting games.
  • VaderFettVaderFett Another DLC is coming your way! #PayUp Joined: Posts: 43
    Well, if anybody from on her wants to play MKX, you can add my PSN ID: Vader-Fett
    Just lemme know you're from the SRK forums in the request.
    PSN: Vader-Fett XBL: Vader Fett 1 FightCade: VaderFett

"You know? I love cheap characters!"-Infiltration on why he plays Nash
    "Oh, this is the worst question to ask! Of course, I body him!"-Tokido on facing Wong
    I don't understand why American players or other players from non-Asian countries play Street Fighter competitively like in tournaments

Doesn't make sense, does it?

Is is because Mortal Kombat is banned in Asian countries?
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 1,995
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    lol
    Japan needs this in their arcades!!!

MKXCabinet14.jpg
    WTF. I've never seen an MK1 8-hit combo!!!

Check out the match against the 2nd opponent. I guess Sub Zero and Scorpion can do those combos!!!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/yNTHrN9RBqE?t=40

MKII Smoke has a command grab. It's the run up fast then throw move!!!
  • QuantumPrime_QuantumPrime_ NO MEAT BUNS, NO LIFE! Joined: Posts: 49
    Japan needs this in their arcades!!!

MKXCabinet14.jpg

EVERY arcade needs this in their arcade!
  • QuantumPrime_QuantumPrime_ NO MEAT BUNS, NO LIFE! Joined: Posts: 49
    Naeras wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    According to Pig of the Hut, Kenshi just went "from being bottom 5 to top 5". Soooo... yeah, apparently they're meaningful.

I sure as hell don't complain. I plan on buying the game at some point, and Kenshi is the one character that really interested me.

Kenshi was always a top 5 for me. Of all the MK games that man has been in, I played him the most in MKX compared to other times. I used to main his demonic variation, Then I switched to mostly using his Balanced and Kenjutsu variations. You'll love him
    How can we entice top Japanese players like Daigo to compete in Mortal Kombat?
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,200
    How can we entice top Japanese players like Daigo to compete in Mortal Kombat?

By making a character that looks/plays like a variation of Akuma
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
    Akuma moved to Tekken, why can't Akuma move to Mortal Kombat?

Also, It's great that Cyrax, Sektor, and Smoke are in MKX
    Smoke ftw!
    So, how do people like "Triborg"
    !!!!!
    https://youtu.be/CjNl5NFeQOc?t=134 that does look like Cyber Noob Saibot. Cyber Smoke has red eyes, this cyber has white eyes like Noob Saibot...
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,673
    Thank goodness rollback netcode is coming. Also don't lose hope in the pc version, I'm sure with the large amount of backlash nrs is eventually going to do something about it.
    We figured it out. If you listen to all of the characters' intro dialogues then you will know that Triborg=Noob Saibot
    You're the only one who posts here lol. I admire the dedication.

• NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 360
    edited August 2016
    Mortal Kombat XL PC Beta going live this weekend. If you happen to have an extra 30GB free it might be worth trying. Did I mention it is 100% free?

header.jpg
    Any bets on whether or not they will make a Season 3 and add Shang Tsung?
    Wonder why the MK sub forums are hidden on SRK