Mortal Kombat X

Comments

• SkullboySkullboy Drinking With Skeletons. Joined: Posts: 12,459
    If you're using any Ermac besides Master of Souls Ermac, you're doing it wrong.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,026 mod
    Online Sub Zeros are funny. I was punishing a dudes random slides again and again but he didn't learn and continued to do it, hold the 10-1..lost in the first game sadly, needed more time to download the flowchart. Does anybody online care enough to learn what's good/not good?
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,603
    Anyone else has the problem that after a long gaming session you start to lose reaction time, drop combos and autopilot way too much?
    Played the #1 ranked player in Europe and I swear I only lost because I couldn't pick up my focus, the guy wasn't even good.

Also does it get better the more you play?
    I always wonder how tournament players keep their concentration up after playing so much over so many hours.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
    edited May 2015
    Online just slowly turns you into an auto-pilot mess. Take a break and play some friends or something it'll pick you right back up, it's what I tend to do.

Day 1 Jason Impressions -

Variation ranks, Slasher/Unstoppable/Relentless in that order.

Slasher is by far the best variation, it gets damage mid-screen a lot easier than the other two and the machete gives him a pretty damn good D4 to use in neutral. Not to mention his D2 becomes probably one of the best I've used for AA purposes, and he gets a super good B2 for corner juggling and such. Slasher gives him 50/50 mix-ups and a low-overhead string to boot, as well as a mid projectile that's just insanely good. Easily my favourite. Downside to this variation is that he loses his command grabs, but the power in return is insanity.

Unstoppable is the harder to play but more rewarding class, it lacks consistency. It's a little like Kotal Khan except his healing buff is pretty damn good after a knockback combo. His damage buff is insane and turns most of his mid-screen BnBs(The simple ones) into 40% but the it's a shortlived buff and it's not consistent, so you'd have to be godlike to be landing that damage every round. Unstoppable has mad potential though and if someone who was better than me were playing Jason I'd suggest this variation first to see what's possible.

Relentless..ah man. I wanted the teleport variation to be godlike but it's kinda sucky in all honestly, it's full of gimmicks. Pursuit is a funny gimmick that I've been bodying the online playerbase with, everybody just reverts to holding block and you get a free command grab, simple. But it is what it is, a gimmick to get in. The teleport is mad slow and you realistically have to be burning bar and then some to use it proficiently, but hell some people don't know how to deal with it. This is the more fun variation and it is a hell of a fun time online with it. In high level though this variation imo isn't looking too great.
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    Froztey wrote: »
    Online Sub Zeros are funny. I was punishing a dudes random slides again and again but he didn't learn and continued to do it, hold the 10-1..lost in the first game sadly, needed more time to download the flowchart. Does anybody online care enough to learn what's good/not good?
    Lost in the first? I tend to lose in the last, and then they leave lol.

I second the Raiden retarded damage output, that's why I wondered why nobody plays him... but yeah, slow strings and range.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • TheGlowTheGlow Inverted Reverse Fall-away Master Joined: Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yea I fought a Raiden that I destroyed round 1. Round 2 he hit me with a combo about 51%, I think 2 meters. Definitely the highest I've eaten so far. Then proceeded to beat him. One of those cases he knows how to do some stuff but the online lag made em useless i guess.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,544
    jebop wrote: »
    Lost in the first? I tend to lose in the last, and then they leave lol.

I second the Raiden retarded damage output, that's why I wondered why nobody plays him... but yeah, slow strings and range.

Here are a couple Kitana combos and a Raiden one:

I should be making a lot more combo videos considering the amount of characters I play.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    Isn't the 60% combo making use of an infinite?
    Isn't the 60% combo making use of an infinite?

Yup. I was testing out the scaling, meter gain, difficulty, etc when I through that together. It was really only to demonstrate what you could do if they (unlikely) built the meter to Break. We were talking about it in the Lounge.

Awesome stuff. This section really needs to be developed... I may use Raiden, I see Wong uses him too so may be able to steal some stuff. Still nobody standing out to me, gonna be using Scorpion until then.
    What console do you guys play on? You can go ahead and add me if you're on PS4.

XB1 for me.
    edited May 2015
    I fucking love how good Scorpion is in this game.
    People at TYM just found tech that lets you blow up every armored wake-up in the Hellfire variation, which seems to turn out to be the best variation for him.
    It's amazing what people find every day.
    I just copy and paste like a drone, when it comes to combos and tech, I enjoy playing the game and figuring out how my opponents think and act and how to disguise my own patterns is a lot more appealing to me.

Those theorycrafters and combo video makers, got my respect though, totally love the creativity they show when coming up with stuff.
  • mortal_levent_jpmortal_levent_jp Joined: Posts: 13
    edited May 2015
    Kunglao %79 and Fatailty glitch
    Check my videos

Post edited by mortal_levent_jp on
    edited May 2015
    I'm confused... I saw a combo into a reset. Where's the Fatality glitch?

• Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,395
    Yay PC version still nasty. At least I avoided the patch that kills all save data. Like an hour after they rolled it back.

Eh... netcode pisses me off too damn much.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    6 opponents d/c from me and then I just came off. Can't be bothered with such non sense. I get free wins but I'd like to actually play the game.
  • mortal_levent_jpmortal_levent_jp Joined: Posts: 13
    edited May 2015

Kunglao %79 one reset

Fatality glitch

Kunglao %79 one reset
    In that case, I know a 100% with Ermac with only 3 resets.

TheGlow wrote: »

Kunglao %79 one reset
    In that case, I know a 100% with Ermac with only 3 resets.

Ermac resets are deadly, B12 into like overhead or something is pretty easy mix-up.

But isn't this Kung Lao reset using like 2 bars just to go into a block 50/50? You'd at least wanna threaten high/low afterwards or it seems dumb. Not mention I can just armour through with my boy Jason for like 22% (Jason reversal in Slasher is ridiculously powerful)

• Screw_TiersScrew_Tiers Screw_Tires? Screw_Tears? Fuck This Name Joined: Posts: 867
    Anyone here got the chance to play the game with an arcade stick? Just wondering what kind of layouts some players are using
    "Farts stink like a motherfucker!"
    Anyone here got the chance to play the game with an arcade stick? Just wondering what kind of layouts some players are using

Layout from top 4 to bottom 4 for me -

FP BP BLOCK FLIP STANCE

FK BK GRAB INTERACT

EX moves are harder on stick, that's about it. I find the games command grabs insanely difficult as well but that's just me and bad execution.
    I only played a little bit, but for my 6 button I went with
    Interact FP BP
    Block FK BK
    Easier to just throw my thumb in if I need an EX.

I 2nd the command grabs. I have all the input options set to no. So it almost seems it wants to me to press down, release, back, releast, forward+ button.
    I cant do an old school dbz kamehame ha and roll the down to back sometimes.

And I used to 1 hand 720's while drunk.
  • Screw_TiersScrew_Tiers Screw_Tires? Screw_Tears? Fuck This Name Joined: Posts: 867
    edited May 2015
    I don't have a PS4 stick.... yet (sigh), but I got this layout in mind.

FP Stance BP Interact
    FK Block BK

But I was thinking if I should just get rid of the stance button since I hardly x-ray. Also, does it fell better to play this game with a stick?
    "Farts stink like a motherfucker!"
    You should never take an option away from yourself. Even if you don't think you'll use it, I'd keep the button.

I've beaten LiangHuBBB's Kung Jin today even though I was nervous like a little girl \o/
    edited May 2015
    Got a casual friend who was playing with me and another. He was like "Wtf how are you Street Fighter players so deadly? I bet you're almost as good as the 300 win players." Lol, I was like bruh, they're just no lifers/boosters. Play actual veterans/tournament players. At least he didn't get salty and quit. He knows combos too, drops them a lot. Unlike random Bob on XBL. I still have my crisis, using Scorpion on random and trying Jax/Kung Jin against my friend. He said KJ meter building is unfair, I burn meter like every opportunity and still have a bar at the end.
    edited May 2015

FP Stance BP Interact
    FK Block BK

But I was thinking if I should just get rid of the stance button since I hardly x-ray. Also, does it fell better to play this game with a stick?
    The command is really FK, BK and Block. Stance is just pressing FK+BK for you.

You should never take an option away from yourself. Even if you don't think you'll use it, I'd keep the button.
    Except in this case it's ok.

Side note , finally got the 1k respect. I was on a 15 win streak in KOTH with people giving 0's and 1's.
    I told them straight up, I'm only there for achieve and theyll never see me again.
    I sat at 99% for a good 30 mins before someone finally gave me a 10.
    I opted to random instead of MoS Ermac. I got Possessed Kenshi and I only know about 4 moves, NO combos.
    I still won. Guy had Ferra/Tor and I'm not exaggerating, Im guess its 111 or 112. Just a punch, punch, overhead. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
    Even if he was the guy that gave me the 10 points, I couldnt let that win.
    It's so stupid how many people you beat in this game with basic 3-Hit strings with lows and overheads in them. Most people don't even try to block or reversal on wake-up.
    I feel like the characters with the best corner carry and high/low mixup strings into big combos are going to be the best characters in this game, since you really have no wake-up options other than guess where to block if you don't have meter.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    TheGlow wrote: »
    I 2nd the command grabs. I have all the input options set to no. So it almost seems it wants to me to press down, release, back, releast, forward+ button.
    I cant do an old school dbz kamehame ha and roll the down to back sometimes.

And I used to 1 hand 720's while drunk.

If you turn on input shortcuts the leniency makes it so that you can input a special by rolling(SF) or tapping(MK). As far as I can tell it makes the separate SF input option pointless. With diagonals off but shortcut on I can do qcf instead of down,forward but I'm not forced to do hcf instead of back,forward.
    edited May 2015
    Mileena is damn fun but I can't find which variation I like the most. I have a strange attachment to Ethereal, the teleports have potential and beat a lot of the zoners(Quan-Chi) and I have ravenous because of dat butterface. Trying piercing now.

EDIT**
    Okay so it's almost 100% piercing for which is the "viable" variation. Too bad her F3 is so slow and she has like no decent pressure strings. I'll still play her online, nobody knows how to punish things properly. Yo I suck with her I can't cancel B12 into ball roll on juggles to save my life what the fuck.

43% mid-screen no bars damn, she hits hard but her moves are slow as hell. And they're hard to do, that 43% took me like an hour to land once.
    Post edited by Froztey on
    Mileena is damn fun but I can't find which variation I like the most. I have a strange attachment to Ethereal, the teleports have potential and beat a lot of the zoners(Quan-Chi) and I have ravenous because of dat butterface. Trying piercing now.

EDIT**
    Okay so it's almost 100% piercing for which is the "viable" variation. Too bad her F3 is so slow and she has like no decent pressure strings. I'll still play her online, nobody knows how to punish things properly. Yo I suck with her I can't cancel B12 into ball roll on juggles to save my life what the fuck.

Same for me with Kenshi. I'm nearly settled on Balanced but he has no overheads. Possessed and Kenjutsu have overheads but they have no meterless BnBs.

EDIT**

Same for me with Kenshi. I'm nearly settled on Balanced but he has no overheads. Possessed and Kenjutsu have overheads but they have no meterless BnBs.

4 D4 is an overhead that's 0 on block isn't it? Can't remember but I had a 2/3 day period of Kenshi.

EDIT**

4 D4 is an overhead that's 0 on block isn't it? Can't remember but I had a 2/3 day period of Kenshi.

Yeah, I meant good overheads. I can't mix that up with anything and it doesn't lead to any combos.

EDIT**

Yeah, I meant good overheads. I can't mix that up with anything and it doesn't lead to any combos.

I don't know, I wouldn't say that's bad. You get put in a great position and if it isn't blocked knockdown scenario, not a bad pressure tool tbh, he just doesn't have a good 50/50 overhead which considering his playstyle is expected I guess.

• FighterZealotFighterZealot On Twitch @ notyouravgcodfan Joined: Posts: 2
    edited May 2015
    I think the games to slow to play on stick but do what you like. I main sub-zero. If you guys want to see some cool combos check me out on twitch @ notyouravgcodfan. I try to play as often as possible and am currently playing MKX and a little GGxrd.
    Post edited by FighterZealot on
    Live to fight. Fight to live.
    twitch.tv/notyouravgcodfan/profile
    edited May 2015
    So I just finished up my round up of all of the characters excluding Goro(Who I'll cave in and buy soon for MU purposes anyways) and I have to say I think I'll be staying a Sub Zero main with a couple of fun pockets like Jason.

Other honorable mentions who nearly made the top spot are Balanced Kenshi, Brawler Cassie, Buzz Saw Kung Lao and Thunder God Raiden.

Sub does everything I need and everything is applicable online. Maybe if I were offline more I'd of picked Cassie but her hit confirms are impossible online, DF1 is so hard to confirm from online for me, always use Getaway Flip on block because I can't see the block and don't have the reflexes to input the Gunshot so early to compensate for the latency. Meh.

Sub has some neat OS' as well. If you play Grandmaster as I do(And probably should be also) you can OS between EX Ice Burst on hit from B12 or Ice Clone on block. Very strong in the corner.

Still waiting for the day I find someone who has optimal damage online for when they hit me. I've all but stopped using breakers now, every time I get hit it's for about 15% tops. PS4 MK players gotta step their damage game up, for instance I played a Raiden earlier who loved to do B2 a lot, apart from being minus frames to hell and back it rarely hit. When it did I was shocked and expected a good 40-50% chunk gone, I waited for the right spot to breaker out to see if he was gonna commit a bar or not(I was fine taking 28%ish for him to waste a bar) but to my surprise he just continually mashed B2 even on hit as I was on my ground bounce. So I didn't even fear his damage and just let go of the block button for the rest of the game.

Synopsis - player match is mad whack. Come through with that Ranked Match patch already.
    edited May 2015

Max did an Assist Me around Jason. After playing him a bit more and getting set-ups for the Relentless variation I can agree with most of the things he's saying. Fairly good insight to anybody looking to play Jason and doesn't wanna listen to ol' me ramble about how Slasher is easier than Kung Jin. The only thing I hate about Slasher Jason is that his combos are all just F42 and it gets stale, when I get bored I move back to Sub-Zero and vice versa.
    I heard some people had some success opening up complaints to NRS and/or Gamestop about never getting a Goro code and they just hand them out.
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,664

FP Stance BP Interact
    FK Block BK

I play MKX on stick, it works well though i do have some "issues", i can definately see why a controller might be the preferred choice.
    First of all you are required to assign all functions, so you have to assign, the stance switch, interact and throw buttons eventhough the throw can be performed by pressing 1+3 and interactables with 1+2. Unfortunately the button combination for interact(1+2) doesn't work if you have "input shortcuts" off.

So i have input shortcuts on, i also have it on so that i can perform sub zero his slide from a crouching position.

I play Cassie and Sub-Zero, Cassie has a wierd input which i believe was also present in Injustice Killer Frost, which is a bd input, like a reverse quartercircle.
    I find it easer on a controller.

ANother issue i have is that you have to release the stick to neutral during longer strings before inputing a special that begins with the same input as the string.
    Example: Cassie her b12 string into her bd+3(nutcracker) special. I cannot hold back during b12 and then input the special. After inputting b12 i have to release to neutral and then go into back again for the bd+3. This feels a lot easier on a controller.

I also feel that because this game has so many directional inputs, especially doing back and forward inputs in quick succession is a lot easier on a controller.
    This last issue i have has more to do witht the fact i played "hold back to block" 2d fighters, and when being in a crouching position because i'm holding down-back and pressing a normal attack i get a special attack...

Anyway i'll keep playing on stick as playing on a controller feels too cramped for me but it i do think MK games work better on a controller.

My Stick layout:

1 BLK 2
    3 INT 4

The reason i have this is because i sometimes do turn input shortcut off and have to an interact button easily accesible. The block is placed there as i hoever my hands naturally on the top row and the block can be pressed very easily and fast. I can also get and x-ray by doing, 3+blk+4. I was thinking about having blok under my thumb on he bottom row on the left but it felt wierd pressing the other buttons. Another layout had the block on top row with my ringfinger but then i would needthe stance switch button for x-ray... and i don't want to press the 7th or 8th button for using an interactable.
    GGXrdR2: Jam, Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy