www.JasensCustoms.com - Panzer Fight Sticks, ADCAP SuperGuns, EZ MODs, and more!

Comments

• Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,307
    edited June 2014
    - Not sure if it would be tourney legal. Do they let wireless boards be used at all?

- It works via one of 4x 2.4Ghz RF Channels, so theres no "pairing" to deal with. Plug the RX in the PS3, and the TX is in your stick. The RX can be flashed to use as a PS3 device, a PC device, or a NEO-GEO/SUPERGUN device.
    Post edited by Jasen Hicks on
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,343
    Moonchilde wrote: »
    That's really cool. Would this be able to be used in a tournament? Does it pair and stay paired?

What technology is it using, IR, Bluetooth, something else?

Yes. I would really like to see an install video and a little more of a description of how it all works and looks once installed.

There coming tonight! Install is stupid easy :)
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,967
    That's really cool. Would this be able to be used in a tournament? Does it pair and stay paired?

What technology is it using, IR, Bluetooth, something else?
    I been following the Morpheus project on the neo geo forums, I believe its RF
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Here's a couple of videos. I'm not a TV Star nor a radio host, so please go into this understanding I'm much better at driving submarines than making videos :-D

• ChananigansChananigans Joined: Posts: 427
    Im in for two when ther are commercially available.

• MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    One of the reasons wireless isn't tourney legal is because of pairing and unpairing issues.

I suppose if that isn't the case for Morpheus then it should be tourney legal. The only other issue would have to be if there would be cross talk between receivers.
    Really good stuff, Jasen.
    Thanks! We have wireless for PS3 working now as well. I was testing it all last night with a lot of success and no lag. Next step is to turn the RX into the Wired PS3 board and then its super spec. The fortunate thing is that the wired coding is going to be drop dead simple now that the wireless is complete.

@Moonchilde‌ - Cross Talk would only happen if there was another TX/RX set on the same channel. My testing revealed these worked a long ways... I was well over 50' and it was working great.

One of the reasons wireless isn't tourney legal is because of pairing and unpairing issues.

I suppose if that isn't the case for Morpheus then it should be tourney legal. The only other issue would have to be if there would be cross talk between receivers.
    The one thing the Morpheus got going for it is it using 2 units, a receiver and transmitter. its not directly pairing with the console.
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    @Moonchilde‌ - Cross Talk would only happen if there was another TX/RX set on the same channel. My testing revealed these worked a long ways... I was well over 50' and it was working great.

Theoretically, if I ran a tournament with 30 console setups, and 20 of the players had a RX/TX set of receivers, would there be any issues if they were all playing at the same time?

I think the product would have more mass appeal if people could use their own sticks modded with this at tournaments.
    I think there would be simply because of the range and that there are only 4 channels to choose from.

Just tested the wired ps3 firmware for the Morpheus, it's awesome and very responsive!

Another simple yet beautiful PFS headed home to Florida!

10482321_1623813301178019_7265294197347549215_o.jpg

• deaded by pandadeaded by panda Joined: Posts: 306
    ^ That's obviously the coolest case in this whole thread.
    i suck at video games
  • Psykomantis00Psykomantis00 Joined: Posts: 29
    I want to order a panzer wide body and a crossbone, will you have a decent amount of those crossbones?
  • KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,735 mod
    edited June 2014
    Sent you an order Jasen. Needed a Neo-Geo memory card sticker and ended up getting more goodies. You are the man for carrying PS-14-G even though I don't need any at the moment.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick
    Kyle wrote: »
    Sent you an order Jasen. Needed a Neo-Geo memory card sticker and ended up getting more goodies. You are the man for carrying PS-14-G even though I don't need any at the moment.

<3 PS-14-G

Kyle,

I got it! I'm packing it up as we speak!

I'm going to try the Seimitsus in my HitBox style Panzer Fight Stick that @ogrebites‌ is going to build up for me. Its a couple of firsts... first having someone build out a stick other than myself, and first time using Seimitsu in a build that I keep! I ended up getting some to have in the shop purely for the variety. If this stick works out as well as I hope, a few new builds in the future may get them as buttons as well!

Jasen

Kyle,

I got it! I'm packing it up as we speak!

I'm going to try the Seimitsus in my HitBox style Panzer Fight Stick that @ogrebites‌ is going to build up for me. Its a couple of firsts... first having someone build out a stick other than myself, and first time using Seimitsu in a build that I keep! I ended up getting some to have in the shop purely for the variety. If this stick works out as well as I hope, a few new builds in the future may get them as buttons as well!

Jasen

Flat tops get very little love these days.
  • KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,735 mod
    I use them on my Naomi cab and used to put them on all of my sticks before I played on cabs.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick
    10321766_1625092571050092_2236600992138900088_o.jpg

10380119_1625605474332135_8169170599804008684_o.jpg

edited June 2014
    Midnights: The floodgates open ushering in a new wave of Next Gen Fighting. Three Versions, you choose your battle. Special launch day pricing on XBONE Pads... hesitate and miss it.

www.jasenscustoms.com

10336776_1625791067646909_2315497139929949027_n.jpg

You may be wondering how in the world I have XBONE pads at $29.95 now. Well, its not a long story nor is it complicated. I am a big fan of working to make our hobby affordable. It gets very expensive real quick when you want top tier parts. Anyone familiar with buying in bulk knows that the more you get, the more you save; and the more you look around the better deals you can find. I picked up the first batch of XB1 PADs from AkiShop Customs and sold them at cost plus PP fees because people needed them and I thought that it would be neat to see a PFS work on XB1. Why not? I have nobody to pay and no overhead. I dug around and befriended other vendors (shocking, I know) and we pooled some resources both financially and brain-powery to find a better deal on PADs. Cost average down and now, we can save everyone a few more bucks making an XB1 Mod even more affordable. This is a community, at all levels, and pooling resources is good for it.

It's not a me vs. them game, its an us game. We're all in this together, for better or worse. Make a friend, beat their rear in SF4/MK9/UMVC2 and have a beer!
    Post edited by Jasen Hicks on

Really cool how you guys are offering the Crossbone.

For anyone that hasn't seen it:
    CROSSBONE STAGES Explained - Get what you want and how you want it.

STAGE 1: The CROSSBONE as designed and sold by PhreakMods. No frills. This requires the most soldering as the CROSSBONE is rather bare with no quick connectors for the external SYS2 connection, no terminals for the buttons/lever to be connected, etc. Those with soldering skills and parts on hand will want this stage. Micro USB Cable to USB is included.

STAGE 2: STAGE 1 plus the parts to populate the CROSSBONE yourself. Save on shipping from multiple vendors and everything arrives ready to solder up. STAGE 2 includes the 20P header for the CROSSBONE, the 4PIN Header for the SYS2 connection, 2x 10PIN Terminal Blocks, 1x 2PIN Terminal Block, and two runs of wire for SWITCH and LT/3K IN connections. Micro USB Cable to USB is included.

STAGE 3: STAGE 2 and completely soldered together. This is the least amount of soldering required for a CROSSBONE XBOX ONE setup. CROSSBONE is completely assembled and ready to attach to a pad. Once attached the three wires can be connected from the XBOX ONE Pad and you are ready to connect buttons and play. This also comes with the 20P Ribbon Cable and USB Cable to connect to a PS360+ outfitted with a 20P header. Micro USB Cable to USB is included.

STAGE 4 (Limited Run): STAGE 3 Kit and a PS360+ with 20PIN Header and 4PIN USB header already connected. Micro USB Cable to USB is included.

Thanks Wiley! When Paradise and I were brainstorming ways to launch this to make it appeal to everyone, affordably, we came up with the STAGE idea. Kind of like cars and the various levels of tech applied. The higher the stage the more complex/better/easier to install.

I can't thank @Phreakazoid‌ and @armi0024‌ enough for working collaboratively on properly kitting these parts out and finding XB1 Pads at a good price so we could pass it along to the community.

Order between now and June 27 to pick your Powder Coat Color! To be a good steward to the shop and to keep the price of these panels as low as possible, I am going to send the first batch of Panels in on June 27th. This will allow everyone to pick a color of their choosing before white glossy is the only option! This will delay the orders going out briefly, but its going to benefit everyone that wants something a little more special.

Reproduction SEGA Control Panels now available for Order! Faithfully recreated by Jasen's Customs using an actual panel, these are an excellent additions to your cabinet or custom project!

Construction Details:

Panels are made using 16 Gage Cold Rolled Steel. Same thickness as the original panel.
    Powdercoated for the best possible look.
    Astro City 2L12B Layout Standard
    Studs installed per the JLF Standard. Use a Paradise Plate to mount alternate types of sticks like Seimitsu.
    Reproduction Graphics are available for an additional cost. Custom graphics you provide are also available at a great price and installed before shipping! All graphics are printed on 3mil high quality vinyl, dried, and then protected with a satin finish 3mil laminate for durability. Finally they are machine cut and installed before shipment!

Cabinets these panels fit (based on actual fitmet):

- Sega Blast City
    - Sega Astro City
    - Sega Naomi Universal
    - Sega Net City

IMG_3487-Edit.jpg

IMG_3491-Edit.jpg

• FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,431
    Looking good, Jasen!
    Any chance of 1P panels, or custom panels entirely?
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • 69mustang69mustang Joined: Posts: 140
    What a beautiful Neo Geo stick!

I might have to get a dedicated Neo Geo cab just to have a 2P panel like that.
    edited June 2014
    Hard part is the cutting and pasting of all the Logos.

I managed to find some decent res SNK and MVS logos, but the actual NEO•GEO Logo was done from scratch using Times New Roman font in photoshop.
    I also had to redo the text Multi Video system using terminator font, and I forgot what Pro Gear-Spec is done in maybe in Ebrima (It was done in ALL CAPS).
    I ended up Rasterizing all the font before saving the photoshop file.

In the start menu, Accessories, System tools, using Character Map program is critical for finding that DOT in the NEO•GEO logo.
    Dark, I should have set you up with a rasterized version of my side art. Its 100% true to form.

If the Geo layout is available in wide-body, I might need another stick. Yes, need.
    Sorry Chananigans... no widebody layout for the NEO.

Dark, I should have set you up with a rasterized version of my side art. Its 100% true to form.
    Its cool. I am sure people would be hard press to find any differences.

maybe a overlap comparison on a computer will show differences, but I don't think anyone can tell just by eye.
    Nope, you're right. In any case, you should have the tracking number. You're so close it should be there by Friday!

If you were any closer I would just op for local pick up.
    Hmmm... I just picked up a 30mm and a 24mm knockout punch, I might be able to do it myself. Can you order them without button holes?
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,431
    Hmmm... I just picked up a 30mm and a 24mm knockout punch, I might be able to do it myself. Can you order them without button holes?
    Funny, I received the same knockout punches in the mail a couple of weeks ago as well.
    My problem is that putting in the joystick mounts is not as convenient; I have self-clinch-studs, but no access to an arbor press to clamp them in...
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    Funny, I received the same knockout punches in the mail a couple of weeks ago as well.
    My problem is that putting in the joystick mounts is not as convenient; I have self-clinch-studs, but no access to an arbor press to clamp them in...

I want the joystick hole and mount, just no button holes, that would be killer.
    Here's some tech talk for the thread.

And without further ado... Flashing the Morpheus the easy? way!

• jaquiojaquio Joined: Posts: 243
    The Neo.Geo stick looks great! I wonder which brand arcade parts it's gonna have.
    jaquio wrote: »
    The Neo.Geo stick looks great! I wonder which brand arcade parts it's gonna have.

My guess? JLW or Hayabusa with Seimitsu :)
    I think Dark mentioned he was using a JLW.

Yes I going to use a JLW with seimitsu buttons.
    Final? Video in the series of Morpheus... actually seeing it in action! I love these guys... so convenient and well executed!

Ready to get yours?

https://www.jasenscustoms.com/Morpheus-Wireless-SuperGun-NEO-GEO-PC-PS3-Controllers.html

• jaquiojaquio Joined: Posts: 243
    Awesome, really !!!
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Jaquio!

Here's another MK30 that I finished up for a customer. It was supposed to stay in house and be my SuperGun, but MT will love it and use it well.

MK30 Specs:
    2x DB15 for Controller Inputs
    JROK Video Encoder
    HAPP Real Arcade Power Supply
    External 5V Adjust
    5V Meter
    Service/Test/Coin Switches
    External Kick Harness Adapter
    Composite/Component/S-Video/RGB Video Output
    MVS/JAMMA Audio Switch (Stereo/Mono Switch)
    Bob Roberts JAMMA Harness
    Love

10487245_1632637553628927_6482431430474218596_n.jpg

PS the Video shows it over RGB through my Framemeister :-D

• mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 248 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    found myself browsing through the site, and I'm really digging the widebody design on the Panzer. Now I need to try selling Mrs. Mike on buying (and then putting together) another arcade stick.

Great store Jasen!