www.JasensCustoms.com - Panzer Fight Sticks, ADCAP SuperGuns, EZ MODs, and more!

Comments

• FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,431
    RageousX wrote: »
    Oh shit, I was holding out for a revised version. lol
    Yeah, me too; I didn't realize that this was it.
    I might grab one; I don't play on retro platforms much, but I kinda just want to get it for the cute formfactor.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,307
    RageousX wrote: »
    Oh shit, I was holding out for a revised version. lol

There is a lot more to it than I care to explain because the back story is long, boring, and not pertinent to the conversation at large. I have a few revised boards and needless to say they perform the same.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • NakiNaki 「謎のバイカー」 Joined: Posts: 448
    edited February 7
    What happened with original xbox support? Not that it's a dealbreaker or anything, it just seems odd that that functionality isn't there as well. Got my four. Thank you very much.

[edit] man. I guess if I'm on this purchase grind, might as well get the two EZ VLX mods as well tomorrow. Still on the hunt for those undamned usb decoders.
    like this post if you want cfe released on psn/xbla
    cvs2 too
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,967
    Naki wrote: »
    What happened with original xbox support? Not that it's a dealbreaker or anything, it just seems odd that that functionality isn't there as well. Got my four. Thank you very much.

[edit] man. I guess if I'm on this purchase grind, might as well get the two EZ VLX mods as well tomorrow. Still on the hunt for those undamned usb decoders.

I guess with Jasen having issues with USB on the MC Cthulhu OG Xbox falls into that trap, despite that connector not looking like a USB connector the signal definitely is.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Did you see the @thisislijoe #PanzerFightStick reveal? Check out the blog for more details: http://www.jasenscustoms.com/LI-Joe-Panzer-3-Build

Here's the good stuff though:

IMG_9095-1.png

IMG_9099-1.png

IMG_9102-1.png

IMG_9105-1.png
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • johnhandyjohnhandy Joined: Posts: 192
    Did you see the @thisislijoe #PanzerFightStick reveal? Check out the blog for more details: http://www.jasenscustoms.com/LI-Joe-Panzer-3-Build

Here's the good stuff though:
    Hi Jasen,
    Is the art printing on the plexi done by you or Art@Tek-Innovations? Thanks.
    johnhandy wrote: »
    Hi Jasen,
    Is the art printing on the plexi done by you or Art@Tek-Innovations? Thanks.

This was done by one of my collaborators, not in the FGC, and definitely not cheap. Setup fees alone are $50 to do something like this plus the material and time costs.

• ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Panzer VT was always a dream. I made it a reality and a very limited batch is available. Pre-Order yours now! http://jasens.cc/2kMHD4z
    C3eu2Y8VYAI7rqP.jpg:large

Damn I just saw it today... not much chance of a 2nd run of those is there?
    The Panzer VT was always a dream. I made it a reality and a very limited batch is available. Pre-Order yours now! http://jasens.cc/2kMHD4z
    C3eu2Y8VYAI7rqP.jpg:large

Damn I just saw it today... not much chance of a 2nd run of those is there?

I may have ONE blemished Gray over Black available in the next day or so. Normally, I wouldn't be shipping it since I have ceased operations in preps for deployment (minus PFS3 shipping from Spencer in AL) but this takes up some room :)

I will be doing more this fall for sure though.

Jasen

• ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'll do my best to keep an eye out for it.
  • spliffy_bazspliffy_baz Joined: Posts: 155
    Can you not put crown sticks into a normal Panzer 3? I am pretty sure I can put Crown sticks into my Atrox. Just wondering what the comparability issues are between your various Panzer models.
    edited February 26
    Can you not put crown sticks into a normal Panzer 3? I am pretty sure I can put Crown sticks into my Atrox. Just wondering what the comparability issues are between your various Panzer models.

You can use the 303FK but not the 303N. The 303N is the traditional Korean lever that has the large grommet that comes up through the case.

For example, this picture courtesy of www.paradisearcadeshop.com, shows the traditional 303N:

crown-cwj-303n-clear-black.jpg

You will notice it is a square body with a large 35mm grommet that protrudes up. This must go through the panel of the stick. Additionally, its mounting is not compatible with the JLF mounting patterns.

Next, here's the 303FK and similarly the 307FJ, picture also from paradise:

crown-307fj-red-bat-korean-micro-latex.jpg

It has a straight shaft without the large grommet and features a mounting plate similar to the JLF. This will fit in the standard PFS3 or to be more precise the JLF compatible case. I think this is the same lever @SodNine uses in his Panzer 3.

Jasen

• JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 443
    PFS3 +Kaimana Khameleon =Winning!

gdoxyzUl.jpg

Action Video
    I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Kaimana Guru, check out my GitHub for layouts, animations and more!
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
    Very cool!

• spliffy_bazspliffy_baz Joined: Posts: 155
    Ah that makes sense, thanks for the speedy reply Jasen!
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 144
    @spliffy_baz You can also put this lever on the stick as well

Crown+309MJ.JPG
    Did you love the process for the LI Joe plexi art? It was printed direct to the acrylic overlay (NO PAPER!), white printed to the back, then laser aligned and cut. I can bring these in batches of 5 (minimum) to the shop for $74.95 each. Sound off on your thoughts, here are some pictures of the LI Joe one and the Tekken one I did for the upcoming T7 release:

17021709_2222772014615475_2202394755906393557_n.jpg?oh=ab896ed08eb014398c288e0ff6fba90d&oe=596F1529

16864715_2222772011282142_3566223866534870491_n.jpg?oh=f1cacea876e88ab6d8aa540d44d8fcfb&oe=5934684A

16864111_2217579425134734_833391636789934444_n.jpg?oh=1fe12ec3ad8aadda9514889d147cf50c&oe=592AD601

• wigsplitterwigsplitter Joined: Posts: 135
    @Jasen Hicks Man that dual stick design is so sick. I know you not selling the MC Cthulhu no more but if by chance you have one laying around please let me know. I would love to do something similar to this. I have a stick with both an RJ45 and USB port, and I would love to try this. I was about to replace my PS360+ with a brook board and the MC board would be perfect. I also like how you have the 20pin ribbon connecting to 3 boards. That's so cool because on the stick I want to upgrade, I have clear buttons so from the looks of this I should be able to connect all three a Brook, MC and Kaimana board right? I have the space in my stick for it (it's a nubytech 15th Anniversary stick)

thanks in advance.
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 237
    Any eta on more te2 hitbox panels
    @wigsplitter - Thanks. You could, indeed, daisy chain them all together with a single IDC.

@wigsplitter and @Bubbledotjpg - Please take a read here: http://www.jasenscustoms.com/Why-wont-it-let-me-check-out-with-this-item_b_6.html ; this will explain whats going on with various smaller items I normally sell.

16831019_2221075261451817_4648588470333006942_n.png?oh=84a2dce0bd6abeb92d494ab09dd4cb49&oe=5925F93C

• wigsplitterwigsplitter Joined: Posts: 135
    @Jasen Hicks Thank you for the quick reply and thank you for keeping us safe. Much respect to you man. Just let me know when you're back from deployment. Would love to pick up two of the MC and IDC's from you.

Panzer Fight Stick 3: NG Video for your viewing pleasure. Better to shoot some video and show it off vs. just some static pictures.

It's a Panzer Fight Stick twisted with all of the NEO-GEO layouts. Awhile back coin-ops in Japan did a similar thing but with a little less pizzazz using mech knobs to route signals around.

Features:

1. Panzer Fight Stick Construction
    2. EZ Build System (plug and play assembly).
    3. Digitally Printed to the case NEO-GEO Candy Cab inspired graphics.
    4. DB15 output.
    5. On the Fly Layout Modification. Simply twist the knob to get to the layout you want.
    6. Three different layouts to fit anyone's NEOGEO desires. LEDs change to show which buttons are activated. Colors match the NEO-GEO ABCD colors.
    7. Sega inspired layout (its more comfortable in all forms of the NG layouts).
    8. Sanwa Buttons and Lever. Seimitsu would work equally as well.

Concerned with latency? Don't be. The O-scope tests show that this 16Mhz processor is polling for presses and outputting them (mapped of course) faster than you, me, or the hardware can identify.

It was a lot of fun working on this project and then working with some of the new camera gear I recently picked up. Enjoy!

Great news. Art over at Tek Innovations put up a special Jasen's Customs section on his website! You can order custom plexis and artwork for the PFS3 and the MCZ panels I do direct from his website. No more emails!

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=24

• Ghost CobraGhost Cobra Lever Execution Joined: Posts: 338 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sexy! Well done!

• rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 144
    That Fujin lever looks dope on that Panzer Setup Ghost Cobra
  • NeccrosNeccros Joined: Posts: 105
    Has anyone swapped the 4 pin header on the end of the Brook and soldered on the tabbed 4 pin header for the Panzer 3? I had a hell of a time removing the old header and now the new one is partially soldered into place but I cant get the solder to melt to push it through. Any tricks? I have a Hakko 936 soldering station and just a solder sucker but it doesn't seem to work very well! Any suggestions are welcome!
    Neccros wrote: »
    Has anyone swapped the 4 pin header on the end of the Brook and soldered on the tabbed 4 pin header for the Panzer 3? I had a hell of a time removing the old header and now the new one is partially soldered into place but I cant get the solder to melt to push it through. Any tricks? I have a Hakko 936 soldering station and just a solder sucker but it doesn't seem to work very well! Any suggestions are welcome!

Try adding some fresh new solder to the joint first before starting to desolder.
    Darksakul wrote: »

Try adding some fresh new solder to the joint first before starting to desolder.

Additionally, Heat on the part + tweezers to put pressure on the pins while you are heating it.
    I mod so you can play!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    I already desoldered the old header... but there is just enough old solder holding the new header from sitting flat on the board... My solder sucker removed all it can and still some there. Its preventing the new header from sitting flat on the board and let me solder the pins properly
    I already desoldered the old header... but there is just enough old solder holding the new header from sitting flat on the board... My solder sucker removed all it can and still some there. Its preventing the new header from sitting flat on the board and let me solder the pins properly

Dirty way? Stick the tip into the through hole.

Alternative? Take a pin or a solid core wire and stick it through the hole like you were going to solder it.
    I mod so you can play!
  • hyp36rmaxhyp36rmax Joined: Posts: 122
    is the TES+ EZMod on hold until you're back from deployment?
    edited March 8
    Its done and tested. All the cable manufacturing is done. Just need to get boards assembled and some Brook UFBs assembled for them before I can offer them. I may offer just the kit w/o the Brook UFB to get them started though and have Spencer ship them.

I wont be able to make a video since bandwidth is very limited and I can't use my camera gear on the ship since its 1. not allowed and 2. at home.

• hyp36rmaxhyp36rmax Joined: Posts: 122
    Its done and tested. All the cable manufacturing is done. Just need to get boards assembled and some Brook UFBs assembled for them before I can offer them. I may offer just the kit w/o the Brook UFB to get them started though and have Spencer ship them.

I wont be able to make a video since bandwidth is very limited and I can't use my camera gear on the ship since its 1. not allowed and 2. at home.

Thanks for the update!
    JRDIBBS wrote: »

Dirty way? Stick the tip into the through hole.

Alternative? Take a pin or a solid core wire and stick it through the hole like you were going to solder it.

I'm working with Arcade Shock and they might be able to solder the headers onto another Brook then I swap them the other new Brook I have sitting around. I still want to solder this one properly so when I get more time I will figure something out.
  • LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 157
    Im having trouble making the the gamecube RJ45 cord . I used a Offical GC cord off a silver controller & followed this diagram

Gamecube:
    GameCubeCableEnd.jpg

Gamecube pin    Purpose    RJ45 Pin
    3              Ground      1
    2              Data        7
    1              VCC          8

edited March 8
    Im having trouble making the the gamecube RJ45 cord . I used a Offical GC cord off a silver controller & followed this diagram

Gamecube:
    GameCubeCableEnd.jpg

Gamecube pin    Purpose    RJ45 Pin
    3              Ground      1
    2              Data        7
    1              VCC          8

Use the one from the Official Kitty diagram thread. Its linked on my page under Technical Info. I made one using some cheapy off the shelf extenders and it worked OK for me.

• AkiroAkiro Joined: Posts: 61
    edited March 8
    Forgive me if I come off as dumb, but I'm not really well versed when it comes to this. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what parts I need to replace for my Panzer. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be eternally grateful. I know I'll need a Neutrik USB Connector and along with it NKUSB Cable.

I was pretty sure there was an additional connector that I needed for the cable so that I can connect it to my PS4/PC. Am I wrong or am I good to go with just these two?

Cable in question nkusb.jpg

The Panzer already has a Neutrik USB installed in it, so you should just need the Type B side of that cable.

That cable is pretty pricey, so I don't know that I would recommend using it unless you just like it.

What Panzer do you have? I might be able to provide more guidance if I understand what you are attempting to do. For example, if you ordered a Panzer 3: You dont need to order anything except buttons and a lever. Everything else is included.

• AkiroAkiro Joined: Posts: 61
    I'm not really sure which Panzer it is honestly, It was a gift from a friend long ago. Sorry if I'm being really vague.

I dropped the controller some kind ago and the Neutrik USB Connector thats already in it ended up getting damaged. I basically just need to replace that and find a cable that connects from the stick to my PS4. I should be fine with just getting the Type B side of the cable?
    OK. Got it. So, in that case:

Get this: https://arcadeshock.com/collections/frontpage/products/switchcraft-ehusbbabx-usb-b-to-a-eh-panel-mount-connector-with-4-40-screws

That's a switch craft USB pass through. Fits in the same hole. Already Type B on the outside for the cable.

If you need a new cable, get this:

https://arcadeshock.com/products/usb-a-to-b-10ft-cable

No need to get that fancy cable unless you really want to spend the cash.

• LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 157
    Thanks Jasen ... I'll be looking that up
    can't find anything
  • XaviusXavius Joined: Posts: 25
    @LLLLLFiVEL5L I just checked my working Gamecube cable with a multimeter, the pinout you posted is the same.
    Is your connections solid in that RJ45 connector?
    yup , made two with the kind thats goes through
    I'll remake another one
    I seriously think I wasted money on this . I fallowed all the steps and nothing works
    I might as well pad hack a gamecube pcb , I'll have better chance then this board.

breaks my heart because I really want to go the easier route with this board but nothing works for making a gamecube fightstick

so salty and I had this product for almost 2 months now