www.JasensCustoms.com - Panzer Fight Sticks, ADCAP SuperGuns, EZ MODs, and more!

Comments

• Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,793
    What the devil is a Saluabi

XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • screw_ball69screw_ball69 Joined: Posts: 30
    ooh that actually looks like a pretty decent case
  • sasquachsasquach MvC2 making a comeback 2017? Joined: Posts: 368
    Updates for the Panzer Fight Stick 3:

d2a7cK4.png

FAQs:

1. What colors are going to be available? Black, White, Gray, Red, and Blue Sandtex finishes during the Pre-Order Period only. After the Pre-Order period: Black and White.
    2. Does it come with artwork? No, I decided to not include artwork as most people will want to customize it with fresh, unique artwork. Art at www.Tek-Innovations.com will have all of the PFS3 templates for custom etched plexi and lasercut artwork.
    3. Is there a plexi window on the bottom? Not on this one. I wanted to keep the cost as low as possible to make it a robust, tourney ready stick with all of the qualities of the Panzer line you expect.
    4. Do I have to use the included wiring board and wires? Nope. They will be included with every kit but you can opt to use your own wiring.
    5. What is the size and weight? Its 14.5x8.5x2 inches. Weighs about 8lbs. This is the same size as the PFS-OG.
    6. What are the screw sizes? External screws are all 6-32 threaded, 3/8" long. Plexi screws are M5 x 12mm. Feet Screws are 10-24 - 3/4" long.
    7. When will Pre-Orders start? I hope to start them soon! Sign up for my newsletter at www.jasenscustoms.com as I will announce it there at least 2 weeks before Facebook or Twitter.
    8. When will Pre-Orders end? Depending on the start date, around 15 November.
    9. When will regular, ready to ship orders start?After all pre-orders are filled. There will be a hiatus around the holidays (Christmas specifically) and it will only be open for a short period due to follow on military requirements in 2017.
    8. When will Pre-Orders ship? They will start shipping in December. I hope to have them all shipped out in time to arrive before Christmas.
    9. What do I need to provide to finish the build? 8x 30mm buttons (all types fit), 6x 24mm buttons (all types fit), 1x Lever (Sanwa, Hori, Seimitsu all fit and an optical lever harness for the Silent Hayabusa and Silent JLF is included with every kit!). If you get the kit with the Brook UFB included, it comes pre-soldered! If not, you get the parts to solder to your own board.

*** THIS IS A KIT PRICE AND WILL REQUIRE SOME ASSEMBLY. I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO MAKE IT SIMPLE TO DO BUT YOU WILL NEED A PHILLIPS SCREW DRIVER AT A MINIMUM. FULL BUILDS MAY BE AVAILABLE AFTER THE PREORDER PERIOD FOR AN ESTIMATED PRICE OF ~$319.95 (BASELINE SANWA JLF/OBSF BUTTONS USED)***

Any references to the exact shading to the blue, red, and gray colors? But this is really amazing and it's a great deal, so I'm really excited about preordering when the time comes.
    "I'm just nice" -Harry Potter
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,353
    edited September 2016
    sasquach wrote: »

Any references to the exact shading to the blue, red, and gray colors? But this is really amazing and it's a great deal, so I'm really excited about preordering when the time comes.

More to follow :)

Post edited by Jasen Hicks on
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 821
    One day, i will have a purple panzer
    Pi6yKUB.png
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • triple_leitriple_lei Fan of green-mouthed Zangief Joined: Posts: 100
    For us cheaters, can one of the front panel buttons be turbo? I'd still want L3/R3/Touchpad, so something's gotta give...
  • JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 459
    Pi6yKUB.png

Wtf 180?? Gotta get a red one!
    I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Kaimana Guru, check out my GitHub for layouts, animations and more!
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
    triple_lei wrote: »
    For us cheaters, can one of the front panel buttons be turbo? I'd still want L3/R3/Touchpad, so something's gotta give...

Just wire up the Turbo button :) It will be a little soldering at the Brook UFB, but easy to do.

• TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    Is the plexi 1/16" thickness?
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 318
    Will 6 buttons layout be available?
  • parksonianparksonian Mr. Fusion Joined: Posts: 95
    Is the asterisk by the Seimitsu sticks listed just because of the mounting height?
    Tensho wrote: »
    Is the plexi 1/16" thickness?

Yes.
    oodk wrote: »
    Will 6 buttons layout be available?

Yes, a six button plexi will be available. The art, if cut with only 6 buttons, will cover them fine.
    parksonian wrote: »
    Is the asterisk by the Seimitsu sticks listed just because of the mounting height?

Seimitsu uses a 40mm x 85mm mounting pattern. I have used them in my PFS cases before and it fit fine, but it is different than the JLF so I wanted to highlight there might be some modification (very minor if at all) required of the mounting plate. The height may also be different if using a flat plate vs. an s-plate, or universal plate.

• KarurauatsuureiKarurauatsuurei Joined: Posts: 4
    Jasen, do you have anything like a EZ MOD for the Hori RAP V3 SA that can make it easily usable with the Brook UFB?
    Jasen, do you have anything like a EZ MOD for the Hori RAP V3 SA that can make it easily usable with the Brook UFB?

Not at this time.

• opishoryukenopishoryuken Joined: Posts: 22
    Jasen,

What's kind of metal case?
    Jasen,

What's kind of metal case?

That's already detailed in the graphic above. Cold Rolled Steel.

• LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 161
    Will this ever come back ?
    4C2FA6E6-DC3D-4EA8-BB76-3BFACF9D701D_zpsog8wg52w.png
    Will this ever come back ?
    4C2FA6E6-DC3D-4EA8-BB76-3BFACF9D701D_zpsog8wg52w.png

Yes. I need to work out some logistics to make this stuff available outside of my shop while I am deployed first.

• johnhandyjohnhandy Joined: Posts: 192
    edited September 2016
    Jasen,
    If I want to add lights to a Panzer3, is the only addition a Kaimana or Kaimana Khameleon? Thanks.
    johnhandy wrote: »
    Jasen,
    If I want to add lights to a Panzer3, is the only addition a Kaimana or Kaimana Khameleon? Thanks.

No, you will need the lights as well and all of the wiring for buttons and the joystick. I didn't include LEDs in the PFS3 setup so that it could support a wider range of buttons and it would help keep costs lower.

• Gabri3l_WHOAGabri3l_WHOA Heat Extend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 2,221
    Really looking forward to these looks excellent so far
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    Sorry guys let me just rephrase that question

I'm looking for advice from good players

You're looking in the wrong place then
    Really looking forward to these looks excellent so far

Awesome! Make sure you sign up for my newsletter to get the email notification on pre-orders being open before everyone else :)

I plan on doing a limited number during the first pre-order due to my limited time back before I have to deploy again. I would hate for people to miss out.

• energizerfellowenergizerfellow Joined: Posts: 79
    Any plans to offer a 4-button plexi overlay for us SNK and SHMUP people?
    Any plans to offer a 4-button plexi overlay for us SNK and SHMUP people?

No, but Art at www.Tek-Innovations.com, will have the templates for doing custom art and plexis.

• LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 161
    Awesome Jasen, hope you make it back home in one piece while we hungry peeps be staring at the panzer 3 pics.
    Awesome Jasen, hope you make it back home in one piece while we hungry peeps be staring at the panzer 3 pics.

I've got preorder plans in the works :) I hope to get the shop open soon to take 'em.

Jasen

• Gabri3l_WHOAGabri3l_WHOA Heat Extend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 2,221
    So if I buy the basic (no brook board) panzer 3 kit does it come with the headers for the brook board or do I have to find those myself?
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    Sorry guys let me just rephrase that question

I'm looking for advice from good players

You're looking in the wrong place then
    So if I buy the basic (no brook board) panzer 3 kit does it come with the headers for the brook board or do I have to find those myself?

It comes with them.

• 87maxb87maxb Joined: Posts: 2
    Jasen, concerning the EZ Mod that interfaces the Brook Universal to the VLX: Is there a ready EZ mod for the HRAP Kai? Can i use the EZ for the VLX on the Kai directly? I am having trouble finding if both PCBs are the same or not...

Thanks in advance
    87maxb wrote: »
    Jasen, concerning the EZ Mod that interfaces the Brook Universal to the VLX: Is there a ready EZ mod for the HRAP Kai? Can i use the EZ for the VLX on the Kai directly? I am having trouble finding if both PCBs are the same or not...

Thanks in advance

The VLX EZ Mod is not compatible with the KAI. The KAI has such a limited amount of space and even less modular wiring (as in only the USB cable) that the EZ MOD for it would be significantly more expensive than the VLX version. After deliberation with ArcadeShock and significant thought, the plans to retail a kit were scrapped.

• 87maxb87maxb Joined: Posts: 2
    87maxb wrote: »

Thanks in advance

The VLX EZ Mod is not compatible with the KAI. The KAI has such a limited amount of space and even less modular wiring (as in only the USB cable) that the EZ MOD for it would be significantly more expensive than the VLX version. After deliberation with ArcadeShock and significant thought, the plans to retail a kit were scrapped.

Thanks for your zero-lag answer! Guess i will have to tackle the wiring on this one...
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,901
    The wait is finally over! The Panzer Fight Stick 3 Pre-Order period is OPEN! Click the link below to get to the pre-order page. All sticks will ship in December, mid December to be exact, and should be to most US locations by Christmas. The pre-order period has some unique colors available that won't be offered after October 31 AND you can snag a Brook Universal Fighting Board for $70 with it (already pre-soldered) to make your build simple. After the Pre-Order period ends Black and White will be the standard case offering and the pre-soldered Brook UFB will be $89.95 like everywhere else. Get in early to save $20 AND get some cool colors like Graphite, Blue, and Red.

Let your friends know about the pre-order and help spread the word. One thing that helps us boutique stick builders is the word of mouth advertising, social media sharing, and such. If you have one of my sticks, you know the quality can't be matched and the engineering behind it rivals most nuclear reactor plants. Your time and social media following is valuable and if you choose to let people know about the new Panzer 3, know that I will be grateful and that it will help motivate me to continue innovating. Friends don't let friends settle for low tier commercial sticks :)

http://i.imgur.com/iSRnlfQ.png

Link: http://jasens.cc/2daRTzh

Looks like across between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Panzer sticks.
    Definitely need to look into getting one of theses.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 821
    It's the weirdest thing. First, my wife asks me what color panzers we have. Then, she asks me for my paypal log in. Then there's a payment to Jasen's Customs a couple of minutes later.

I just can't figure out what she's up to...
    Reiraku wrote: »
    It's the weirdest thing. First, my wife asks me what color panzers we have. Then, she asks me for my paypal log in. Then there's a payment to Jasen's Customs a couple of minutes later.

I just can't figure out what she's up to...

Mel is probably my favorite person you know ;)

• Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    The wait is finally over! The Panzer Fight Stick 3 Pre-Order period is OPEN! Click the link below to get to the pre-order page.

I see that there is a plexi overlay choice in the preorder, does this mean that the custom art printing/cutting from Tek Innovations is is included in the price?
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
    edited September 2016
    The wait is finally over! The Panzer Fight Stick 3 Pre-Order period is OPEN! Click the link below to get to the pre-order page.

I see that there is a plexi overlay choice in the preorder, does this mean that the custom art printing/cutting from Tek Innovations is is included in the price?

No, that's just to choose your 6 or 8 button plexi. If you want custom art or etched plexi, please contact Tek Innovations directly. I don't source the bulk plexi from him due to his already tremendous work load.

Please note, all plexi I provide is CLEAR so if you get a 6 button plexi and wait on putting art in the stick you will see the two holes underneath.

• Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989

No, that's just to choose your 6 or 8 button plexi. If you want custom art or etched plexi, please contact Tek Innovations directly. I don't source the bulk plexi from him due to his already tremendous work load.

Please note, all plexi I provide is CLEAR so if you get a 6 button plexi and wait on putting art in the stick you will see the two holes underneath.

TY sir, thanks for clearing that up.
    #MAS_Preservation_Society