www.JasensCustoms.com - Panzer Fight Sticks, ADCAP SuperGuns, EZ MODs, and more!

Comments

• Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,305
    edited March 19
    I seriously think I wasted money on this . I fallowed all the steps and nothing works
    I might as well pad hack a gamecube pcb , I'll have better chance then this board.

breaks my heart because I really want to go the easier route with this board but nothing works for making a gamecube fightstick

so salty and I had this product for almost 2 months now

I'm sorry its not working for you, but they were discounted heavily to $20 and I was 100% up front that there were some issues I was experiencing with the boards, hence the below cost pricing. I did have luck with it working on my Gamecube, Dreamcast, and PS2 so I am unsure why it isn't working for you like it did for me.

I'm curious if anyone else who picked one of these up have used it on their GC and have any feedback. While I am not going to do any more of these in the future because I can't bounce the code off of the hardware to debug any of the USB problems, I am interested to know if anyone else has feedback.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • XaviusXavius Joined: Posts: 25
    I have one of the discounted boards and it is working on GC for me with my shorter cable. I have two GC RJ45 cables, one is 7.5 feet and works, the other is a bit over 9 feet and doesn't. One thing that is strange is that it works on my PC, but only with 1 out my 10 USB ports.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 411
    Jasen, I bought the brook UFB and EZMOD combo off Arcade shock and when I was installing the touchpad ribbon, the little thingy that is supposed to hold it in shattered. I made the mistake of using my screwdriver on the latch of the ez mod like I did on the Hori PCB which is much more sturdy. Is there any way, short of getting a new EZMOD that you can think of that I can jerry rig this thing to stay in? Thanks.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    Jasen, I bought the brook UFB and EZMOD combo off Arcade shock and when I was installing the touchpad ribbon, the little thingy that is supposed to hold it in shattered. I made the mistake of using my screwdriver on the latch of the ez mod like I did on the Hori PCB which is much more sturdy. Is there any way, short of getting a new EZMOD that you can think of that I can jerry rig this thing to stay in? Thanks.

You might be able to get in place and use some hot glue to hold it down. Its not going to be a super tight connection though.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    Xavius wrote: »
    I have one of the discounted boards and it is working on GC for me with my shorter cable. I have two GC RJ45 cables, one is 7.5 feet and works, the other is a bit over 9 feet and doesn't. One thing that is strange is that it works on my PC, but only with 1 out my 10 USB ports.

Good info. I know my GC cable was also short, like 6' maybe. If its working on PC... that's a miracle!

Jasen, thanks for the info. BTW, for the TE2+ EZ Mod Kit. Do you have to do any soldering with that or is there a way to upgrade to the Brook UFB without soldering with that kit as well? Please let me know whats involved briefly. Thanks sir.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    For the TE2+ the Brook UFB needs to have parts soldered to it. ArcadeShock sells a kit with it already done for you.

• LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 157
    I went over it another time with NENDO and still zero results .... my cable isn't long either.
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 236
    Quick question on which UFB to get for a panzer hitbox. Would I just need to buy one with all the headers from paradisearcade like this https://paradisearcadeshop.com/home/1658-brook-universal-fighting-board-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-xbox-one-pc-.html#/soldered_headers-all_headers or does the one Jasen use work specific to his hitbox.
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 789
    Ladies and Gentlemen, The Panzer Fight Stick 3.0 VT, Codename "Hornet"
    17458227_1450729101618129_1568084448420271517_n.jpg?oh=d53630afe9b4b6a8f6c8d59a8bb7379d&oe=59734C4E
    16649521_1450729098284796_5204134005814375751_n.jpg?oh=31eed07ae83edc027d14579dbc0bfad6&oe=595459C2
    Big thanks to Jasen's Customs for another fantastic panzer (And in purple too!) as well as Paradise Arcade Shop for the awesome goodies we put into it.

Go Hornets!

Quick question on which UFB to get for a panzer hitbox. Would I just need to buy one with all the headers from paradisearcade like this https://paradisearcadeshop.com/home/1658-brook-universal-fighting-board-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-xbox-one-pc-.html#/soldered_headers-all_headers or does the one Jasen use work specific to his hitbox.

Get it with your Panzer and all of the correct parts will be already soldered to it. No extra charge, no additional shipping. Additionally, the unshrouded headers used wont make a solid connection with the JST connectors on the included cables, nor will the LS/RS/DP switch connector fit. @Neccros can attest to the trouble he's having removing it and replacing it with the correct one so it will fit.

• BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 236
    edited March 24
    If only I didn't already have the panzer in my hands. :( I planned on using an old ufb but I'm now selling that stick and was looking for the next best option. Do you happen to have any ufbs you can sell seperate that have those correct setup for the panzer?
    If only I didn't already have the panzer in my hands. :( I planned on using an old ufb but I'm now selling that stick and was looking for the next best option. Do you happen to have any ufbs you can sell seperate that have those correct setup for the panzer?

Shoot me a message via the website or jasenhicks@jasenscustoms.com

• trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 319
    One day I'll own a Panzer. It is the epitome of elegance in a fight stick
    "Foolish Worm"
    Jasen I sent you a message on Twitter a while back but got no response. I need the plexi for the Hitbox TE2 layout. Do you sell those and if so how much? Thanks.

Then the next day you'll realize stick is an antiquated control mechanism and join the Hitbox movement. LOL jk. But I do love Hitbox though and think it's better than stick.
  • m4tth3wm4tth3w Joined: Posts: 12

Then the next day you'll realize stick is an antiquated control mechanism and join the Hitbox movement. LOL jk. But I do love Hitbox though and think it's better than stick.

Why not get a Panzer hitbox?
  • XaviusXavius Joined: Posts: 25
    Xavius wrote: »

Awesome thanks! Just ordered what I needed! Thanks again!
    Thanks for the assist everyone. @VarmintBaby - I apologize for not getting back to you via Twitter. Things get a bit hectic at sea sometimes.

• bizzazzbizzazz Kaptain Kaos Joined: Posts: 160
    @Jasen Hicks , do you know if the TE2+ EZMod will work if I don't have the Madcatz button harness? Say if I connect the buttons directly to a Brook UFB and the rest of the connections normally, will it work? Thanks.
    edited April 1
    bizzazz wrote: »
    @Jasen Hicks , do you know if the TE2+ EZMod will work if I don't have the Madcatz button harness? Say if I connect the buttons directly to a Brook UFB and the rest of the connections normally, will it work? Thanks.

Yes, 100%. Just make sure you still connect the ribbon cable between the EZ MOD and the UFB since HOME, START, SELECT, and Directionals all come from it.

Jasen

• bizzazzbizzazz Kaptain Kaos Joined: Posts: 160

Yes, 100%. Just make sure you still connect the ribbon cable between the EZ MOD and the UFB since HOME, START, SELECT, and Directionals all come from it.

Jasen

Thanks much!

I must apologize for the far and few between updates and notices here on the forums, but being out to sea is quite the time suck. Watch the news and see what's happening across the globe and you can see us military members are stretched thin everywhere you can imagine. That being said, I'm not here to bum you out but to provide some updates!

1. I have some cool plexis coming for the PFS3 that I will be selling out of the website. A few months ago I put up a poll to gauge interest in various opaque colors and the response was great. I think you will really like the offerings that came out of it, especially if you aren't an "art on the stick" person.

2. @SodNine has been managing the day to day shipments like a champ. Now that he has about 2 months under his belt and a good system worked out we are getting ahead. We aren't quite caught up on every order but we are getting close. My ultimate goal is to have enough cases on the shelf to minimize turn around time on shipments all year long but the popularity of the Panzer 3 has proven to be a challenge to keep up with and not take over @SodNine's entire apartment with sweet, sweet metal cases.

3. Finally, each month I will be offering a new color unique color case besides Black, White, and Panzer Purple. April is Orange Dream Fighting Machine month. @SodNine sent over this picture yesterday to get me excited so I wanted to share it with you all:

17880513_2254005851492091_629932824598656725_o.jpg?oh=ec3457bd79147ac8b9bd5f194ecdb51f&oe=5954E70D

• SqueezelbumSqueezelbum Joined: Posts: 200
    It's beautiful. My wife is going to kill me. . .
    Welcome to Fight Stick Friday! The Panzer Fight Stick [Orange Crush] is up on the site: www.jasenscustoms.com

This is an April 2017 Exclusive Color. So if you don't get one... it may not come back for a year or so!

PFS3OrangeCrush.png

pfs3orange-1.png

pfs3orange-2.png

pfs3orange-hitbox-1.png

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/jasenscustoms/pfs3/pfs3orange-hitbox-2.png

Panzer 3 owners now have a few more options to customize their beasts.... I got a few frosted opaque plexi colors in and put them up on the site. You can't see through them (opaque) so no artwork needed. Perfect to add a little color flair to your build. Hitbox PFS3 overlays coming soon!

Link: http://www.jasenscustoms.com/Panzer-Plexi_c_59.html

17973789_2259213804304629_6270198571204468251_o.png?oh=acd35bd1b3f2b95d363fa5d3e7313b79&oe=59890372

• BeMahMahMaryBeMahMahMary Joined: Posts: 25
    edited April 19
    @Jasen Hicks You bringing back those RJ45 MC Cthulhu's anytime soon? I'd like to order some.
    @Jasen Hicks You bringing back those RJ45 MC Cthulhu's anytime soon? I'd like to order some.

Im out until this fall on deployment. When I get back... ill add them up again.

• machomanmomachomanmo Joined: Posts: 58
    edited April 20
    Is it possible to use the EZMod with the Brooks Fightboard for a Razer Atrox xbox 360? I suppose it is only compatible with the Panthera isn't it?
    Any other option available to mod an Atrox easily?
    machomanmo wrote: »
    Is it possible to use the EZMod with the Brooks Fightboard for a Razer Atrox xbox 360? I suppose it is only compatible with the Panthera isn't it?
    Any other option available to mod an Atrox easily?

I haven't designed an EZ MOD for the ATROX, only the PANTHERA.

Jasen

Jasen is there a photoshop PSD file for the Panzer 3 Hitbox? One with the holes so you just have to cut it out and put it under the plexi? Please let me know. Thanks dude.
    Jasen is there a photoshop PSD file for the Panzer 3 Hitbox? One with the holes so you just have to cut it out and put it under the plexi? Please let me know. Thanks dude.

Yes, if you look on my website for the Panzer there is a tab for "ARTWORK" I have a link there. It contains all of the PSDs for all of the cases.

• jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 876
    Hi Jasen. If this was covered before, I apologize:

I was just curious about the specs (actually dimensions) of the feet included on the Panzer 3.
    jopamo wrote: »
    Hi Jasen. If this was covered before, I apologize:

I was just curious about the specs (actually dimensions) of the feet included on the Panzer 3.

1.5" diameter about .375" tall.

• jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 876
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    edited April 22
    Jasen, I'm going to EVO this year, can I get your permission to rock the JC prefix before my handle? You don't gotta pay for nuthin. I just wanna rock it. I'll have my PFS3 Hitbox by then and have worked it through it's paces and hopefully it will be my weapon towards victory. If the answer is no that's cool too. I promise to dress well and not curse. LOL.
    Jasen, I'm going to EVO this year, can I get your permission to rock the JC prefix before my handle? You don't gotta pay for nuthin. I just wanna rock it. I'll have my PFS3 Hitbox by then and have worked it through it's paces and hopefully it will be my weapon towards victory. If the answer is no that's cool too. I promise to dress well and not curse. LOL.

Be my guest! If I had an extra Jersey from our trip to EVO last year I'd send you one!

• warheadwarhead Joined: Posts: 5
    How's the black frosted plexi with fingerprints?
    warhead wrote: »

Not bad. Unlike the glossy, it doesn't pick them up as bad.

• SqueezelbumSqueezelbum Joined: Posts: 200
    Any chance at getting plexis in the other colors you offer (color of the month or first run grey)?
    Any chance at getting plexis in the other colors you offer (color of the month or first run grey)?

I started with the popular colors from the vote. If they sell well, I will add more colors in the future.

Hey Jasen, I have 3rd Strike . Marvel Vs CApcom2, and Capcom Vs SNK2 for my Dreamcast. I was wondering if you sell anything that would allow me to convert one or two of my sticks for use on the dreamcast. I heard the MC Cthulu might be able to? Anyway, if it is, will you have those in stock soon and also what about changing the cable to dreamcast port connector? If you don't carry it all, would you do a special order for something like this? I'd be willing to pay top dollar to use a PS4 fight stick on my dreamcast. Lemme know ok? Later man....
    Hey Jasen, I have 3rd Strike . Marvel Vs CApcom2, and Capcom Vs SNK2 for my Dreamcast. I was wondering if you sell anything that would allow me to convert one or two of my sticks for use on the dreamcast. I heard the MC Cthulu might be able to? Anyway, if it is, will you have those in stock soon and also what about changing the cable to dreamcast port connector? If you don't carry it all, would you do a special order for something like this? I'd be willing to pay top dollar to use a PS4 fight stick on my dreamcast. Lemme know ok? Later man....

Since I am deployed, I can't offer anything easily at the moment. @NENDO makes a device called a DECABOX that has as UD-USB and MC Cthulhu shoved inside that will allow your stick to be coverted from PS3/PS4 to Dreamcast, etc. Hit him up, im sure he can help.

Jasen, that guy wants 200 bucks for single player and 400 for two player setup. I know i said I'd pay top dollar but that's a little too rich for my blood. If I had other systems that it supports it may be worth it but all I want it for is Dreamcast. I can wait until you're back from deployment. Do you think you could come up with a solution for a bit cheaper than that? Lemme know man. Later.
    Jasen, that guy wants 200 bucks for single player and 400 for two player setup. I know i said I'd pay top dollar but that's a little too rich for my blood. If I had other systems that it supports it may be worth it but all I want it for is Dreamcast. I can wait until you're back from deployment. Do you think you could come up with a solution for a bit cheaper than that? Lemme know man. Later.

Not sure it would be cheaper tbh. Its a bit labor intensive and the parts to build it aren't exactly cheap. Unfortunately, to get the quality where it needs to be $200 is right.

• warheadwarhead Joined: Posts: 5

Thanks, ordered! Really loving my Panzer Hitbox so far.
    I don't know how much interest there would be in it but if you ever decided to make some Panzer badges/decals (not sure what the right term is but like the ones that come with the Brook UFB) I'd totally love to buy one and rep it on my hitbox.

Thanks, ordered! Really loving my Panzer Hitbox so far.
    I don't know how much interest there would be in it but if you ever decided to make some Panzer badges/decals (not sure what the right term is but like the ones that come with the Brook UFB) I'd totally love to buy one and rep it on my hitbox.

Thanks!

When I get home and can fire my vinyl printer up again I'll be sending them out.

Jasen

edited April 27
    I got my Panzer Hitbox today. One of the screws won't go in when I tried to put the top back on. Is there a front or a back to the bottom portion? It looks the same to me...but its a pain for me to get all the sctews in. Also, the plexi broke messing around with the buttons. I think that's my crap pushbuttons tho. I def recommend you use screw in buttons with this thing. Also, I'm either going to order a more flexible plexi from tech innov. or just wait for Jasen to get back and order a vinyl print. Anyway I like it a lot. Also last question, ,which buttons are Start and Select so I can do firmware updates? Is there a pic with a key showing what each button is? Especially the front. Thanks! Sorry for all the questions....

Edit: I figured out the button layout from hooking up to my ps4 ... duh!
    Post edited by VarmintBaby on
    I got my Panzer Hitbox today. One of the screws won't go in when I tried to put the top back on. Is there a front or a back to the bottom portion? It looks the same to me...but its a pain for me to get all the sctews in. Also, the plexi broke messing around with the buttons. I think that's my crap pushbuttons tho. I def recommend you use screw in buttons with this thing. Also, I'm either going to order a more flexible plexi from tech innov. or just wait for Jasen to get back and order a vinyl print. Anyway I like it a lot. Also last question, ,which buttons are Start and Select so I can do firmware updates? Is there a pic with a key showing what each button is? Especially the front. Thanks! Sorry for all the questions....

Edit: I figured out the button layout from hooking up to my ps4 ... duh!

There is a front portion, its the one with the notch cut out. Make sure that's aligned with the the side of the case with all of the buttons. You need to make sure the case is all the way together and if you watch the videos you see that I manually push the wires for the buttons on the top down to make sure they lay flat when the case is assembled. The button loops do create a bit of a "block" if they aren't laid down before final case assembly which will cause the issue you are seeing.

Tek's plexis are the same as mine... acrylic/plexi is all the same chemical composition generally. As far as it breaking, you are the first that's reported any issues with it from buttons being used. I only use click-ins and never had an issue. Maybe it was pressed too hard/not aligned?

I don't do vinyl wraps for the PFS3 due to the sandtex finishes. They simply don't stick well for long term use. I tried with the OGs for a customer and it simply peeled off due to the inconsistencies in the surface area presented by the texture in the finish.