www.JasensCustoms.com - Panzer Fight Sticks, ADCAP SuperGuns, EZ MODs, and more!

Comments

• Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    Okay I'm in!

72005179.jpg
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,873
    Will you be posting photos of the other colors? specifically the red one.
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,376
    Tensho wrote: »
    Will you be posting photos of the other colors? specifically the red one.

They are already up. Check out the "Additional Colors" on the listing :)
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,873
    Oh nice, didn't notice those tabs :o
    Tensho wrote: »
    Oh nice, didn't notice those tabs :o

Sad face. I have to tweak themes on the site a bit to make it stand out. I've never been super happy with it but I always end up so busy working on sticks and superguns, I never take time to update it!
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 318
    90-20-25=45 what a steal! Come with soldered header!
  • ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 428 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oh, no shipping to Brazil. :(

VznaB9Q.png
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
  • PerkolatorPerkolator sernic berm Joined: Posts: 141
    so torn between white and red :o
  • willyumiwillyumi Joined: Posts: 18
    I only wish there was a Hitbox version ):

Red is limited time only and white will be available in the future
    oodk wrote: »

Red is limited time only and white will be available in the future

You can fight off a grizzly with the red one, and the bear blood will be hardly noticeable.
  • PerkolatorPerkolator sernic berm Joined: Posts: 141
    @oodk you have a point there. i don't own a single red stick but i do have a white

@Feargus001100 instantly sold on red for this reason alone
  • speedsterharryspeedsterharry Joined: Posts: 786
    ShinMagus wrote: »
    Oh, no shipping to Brazil. :(
    Brazil is such an insgnificant country compared with Costa Rica. Perhaps time to move ;)

• JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 471
    I got a blue pfs1... maybe red is next on the list?
    I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Kaimana Guru, check out my GitHub for layouts, animations and more!
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
    Buy it before the end of the month for blue and red. Use the code for 10% off
    Had to make my favorite build an option for folks, this exactly the same hardware in my personal Panzer Fight Stick 3. Thanks to @TRIEU and ArcadeShock for the Hori part supply. Thanks to @hibachifinal for the killer ad artwork.

14713692_2126754240883920_6523525135396746646_n.png?oh=966ab7900259b0476737a1fb699464c0&oe=589D4587

edited November 2016
    CPS3 Plexi Kits - Ready for Pre-Order Now! These have been wildly popular and one of the most requested things to bring back to the shop. So, I did!
    http://jasens.cc/cps3plexi

CwMZCRwW8AAbGR1.jpg

• butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,582
    Woot! Got a lot accomplished today, ready for prototyping and updating the PFS2!

When I added the additional 3 buttons for the Brook UFB I didn't get the PCBs done right away. I wanted to think about it before I jumped feet first and got something made up. Below, you will see what I came up with. It looks just like the one PCB for HOME/START/SELECT but it lacks LEDs (the KK doesn't have enough passthroughs to make it responsive anyways) and it has 3 sets of jumpers. This will let you pick and choose what each button is, every spot can be either L3/R3/Turbo/TouchPad. And for good measure I put the Turbo LED on there so you can see it flash via the plexi window on the bottom of the stick :)

kiyzPua.png
    !
    Did these ever happen?

• SUGATASUGATA Joined: Posts: 15
    @ShinMagus - there has been a lot of problems with Brazillian customers using false PP accounts that end up with charge backs, hence I don't ship there normally. I have opened it up for the day so you can order with any applicable discounts that may or may not exist for the rest of the day.

14590329_2119799258246085_8648419033400642518_n.png?oh=32cc71b62310f44012a917499d82b275&oe=58AE25D4

What about HITBOX for sale?
    butteroj wrote: »
    Did these ever happen?

Yes.

SUGATA wrote: »

No HITBOX yet.

• FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,521
    The EZ Build MC Cthulhu is genius.
    I know I've been wanting something like that for A LONG time; the regular MCC is still an amazing PCB, but with certain "standards" in place these days (like the 20-pin connector), a facelift to an awesome PCB is a welcome change.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    The folks over at iPlayWinner.com scooped my digital breadcrumbs up and revealed the EZ BUILD MC Cthulhu to the world. I think I secretly wanted it leaked.

You can pre-order it here: http://jasens.cc/2gKud4e Don't worry... the wait is short for them to ship out. Just waiting on them to arrive from the assembly house in Florida. I only have a limited number to start out. I expect the next batch right before (or right after) Christmas.

Any particular reason why you kept the input terminals like the MC instead of moving to a single terminal row ala PS360+/Brook ?
    I mod so you can play!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    edited December 2016
    JRDIBBS wrote: »
    Any particular reason why you kept the input terminals like the MC instead of moving to a single terminal row ala PS360+/Brook ?

I didn't want to include them at all to be honest, but it made more sense to keep them for options. The single row was doable but designing the board properly without a lot of vias was more headache than it was worth. I imagine 90% of the people who use this board will use the 20P header for install either with a dual mod setup or a Panzer 2/3. Additionally, a clever modder can cut the board in half (see the support tab on my site) and make this super small.

@FreedomGundam - When I approached Brook in November of 2014 to create the Universal Fighting Board (remember, they only did converters at the time because they didn't think a market existed for the UFB) I encouraged them to layout the board just like the PS360+ and provided PCB templates I generated when I designed the Kaimana Khameleon. I knew a standard layout and board would be clutch one day for designers and modders and the PS360+ and 20P just made so much sense for the core functions all of these boards had. When I approached Toodles about doing an MC Cthulhu the grand plan was to follow the standardization path and make it so this would fit in my stick perfectly (and use the internal components designed for it) and be uber compatible with the rest of the stuff out there. I think with a well placed set of hands and soldering tools a UFB/MCC/KAIMANA would make a lovely PCB sandwich inside a stick. Tack a 3 way switcher on it... voila super sick lit stick.

JRDIBBS wrote: »

I didn't want to include them at all to be honest, but it made more sense to keep them for options. The single row was doable but designing the board properly without a lot of vias was more headache than it was worth. I imagine 90% of the people who use this board will use the 20P header for install either with a dual mod setup or a Panzer 2/3. Additionally, a clever modder can cut the board in half (see the support tab on my site) and make this super small.

@FreedomGundam - When I approached Brook in November of 2014 to create the Universal Fighting Board (remember, they only did converters at the time because they didn't think a market existed for the UFB) I encouraged them to layout the board just like the PS360+ and provided PCB templates I generated when I designed the Kaimana Khameleon. I knew a standard layout and board would be clutch one day for designers and modders and the PS360+ and 20P just made so much sense for the core functions all of these boards had. When I approached Toodles about doing an MC Cthulhu the grand plan was to follow the standardization path and make it so this would fit in my stick perfectly (and use the internal components designed for it) and be uber compatible with the rest of the stuff out there. I think with a well placed set of hands and soldering tools a UFB/MCC/KAIMANA would make a lovely PCB sandwich inside a stick. Tack a 3 way switcher on it... voila super sick lit stick.

Awesome, now can we talk about reviving the super ghetto bluetooth fightstick with a board design like this? :D
    I mod so you can play!
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,582
    Did these ever happen?

Yes.

Ok. How does one go about acquiring?

• gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    Praise the sun!

The MC Cthulhu has been painfully lacking a physical update since it was originally released all those years ago, and it's being kept at the same price too. Finally we can all move on with the times.

Hopefully this will also mean a drop in price on the original models at the few places that still sell it.
    Ok. How does one go about acquiring?

Shoot me an email with your shipping address: jasenhicks@jasenscustoms.com and Ill invoice you for shipping one out.

Jasen

• SUGATASUGATA Joined: Posts: 15
    SUGATA wrote: »

No HITBOX yet.

Any plans in near future? or at least a cased for sale?
    Would this be a good time to add PS4 support to the MC Cthulhu? I do hope so..
    gahrling wrote: »
    Would this be a good time to add PS4 support to the MC Cthulhu? I do hope so..

No, still requires a security chip.

No, still requires a security chip.

Not with an 8 minute timeout. Phreak did it for the Cerberus.
  • satchfujisatchfuji Joined: Posts: 3
    Can't wait to get my Panzer. Love the joystick and button layout.

Before I order some parts, how exactly do Semitsu sticks fit in the Panzer 3? Is the flat plate okay or do we also need to pick up Paradise Arcade's universal plate? I was wondering if the stick would be too short, especially if we have to use the spacer to mount it.

satchfuji wrote: »
    Can't wait to get my Panzer. Love the joystick and button layout.

Before I order some parts, how exactly do Semitsu sticks fit in the Panzer 3? Is the flat plate okay or do we also need to pick up Paradise Arcade's universal plate? I was wondering if the stick would be too short, especially if we have to use the spacer to mount it.

You will probably want to use some flatwashers around the stand offs or cut up the spacer to fit around the bends of the Sei S-Plate.

• NicVicNicVic Joined: Posts: 13
    edited December 2016
    If the stand offs are the same spacing as the Panzer 2.0, Seimitsu S plate will not line up. The Seimitsu RE plate will line up over the stand offs threads, but will not slide over them. I ordered a Paradise plate for my Ms. Pacman cab, it should be here any day now. I can let you know if it will work with the Panzer 2 stand offs, I'm thinking it will.
    Post edited by NicVic on
    In regards to the new MC Cthulhu & Anodized "Jewelry" screws rollout promo...

What color are the default screws that come on our Pander 3 Pre-Orders?
  • LaMaquinaLaMaquina Joined: Posts: 178
    Hi Jasen -

Will we be updated separately on when the pre-orders ship?

Thanks in advance.
  • NicVicNicVic Joined: Posts: 13
    @Feargus001100 I asked Jasen on Facebook and he said the default color will be silver.
    LaMaquina wrote: »
    Hi Jasen -

Will we be updated separately on when the pre-orders ship?

Thanks in advance.

You will get an email with a tracking number saying the order is complete.

Rhiannon and I are going to start shipping out tonight, so those not waiting on a Cthulhu may get tracking in a few hours. Those who combined with a Cthulhu will get them towards the end of the week.

And yes, default top screws are silver.