www.JasensCustoms.com - Panzer Fight Sticks, ADCAP SuperGuns, EZ MODs, and more!

Comments

• VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 500
    edited April 27
    I got my Panzer Hitbox today. One of the screws won't go in when I tried to put the top back on. Is there a front or a back to the bottom portion? It looks the same to me...but its a pain for me to get all the sctews in. Also, the plexi broke messing around with the buttons. I think that's my crap pushbuttons tho. I def recommend you use screw in buttons with this thing. Also, I'm either going to order a more flexible plexi from tech innov. or just wait for Jasen to get back and order a vinyl print. Anyway I like it a lot. Also last question, ,which buttons are Start and Select so I can do firmware updates? Is there a pic with a key showing what each button is? Especially the front. Thanks! Sorry for all the questions....

Edit: I figured out the button layout from hooking up to my ps4 ... duh!

There is a front portion, its the one with the notch cut out. Make sure that's aligned with the the side of the case with all of the buttons. You need to make sure the case is all the way together and if you watch the videos you see that I manually push the wires for the buttons on the top down to make sure they lay flat when the case is assembled. The button loops do create a bit of a "block" if they aren't laid down before final case assembly which will cause the issue you are seeing.

Tek's plexis are the same as mine... acrylic/plexi is all the same chemical composition generally. As far as it breaking, you are the first that's reported any issues with it from buttons being used. I only use click-ins and never had an issue. Maybe it was pressed too hard/not aligned?

I don't do vinyl wraps for the PFS3 due to the sandtex finishes. They simply don't stick well for long term use. I tried with the OGs for a customer and it simply peeled off due to the inconsistencies in the surface area presented by the texture in the finish.

I had a similar issue with the TE2 plexi. It's too rigid. Tek makes a really bendable plexi (I forget what it's called) that's really thin. Its probably just an issue with the buttons I'm using or the way I try to put them in and take them out. The Tek Innov plexi you can almost bend in half tho. so you can pull up on it with it cracking...I'm really happy with the controller though. It's very sturdy and feels good in my lap. BTW where would I look for this "notch"?
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,328
    Its on the bottom of the case, its very obvious in the lower "flange" part.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 993
    edited April 29
    I have two questions @Jasen Hicks
    If the answers have already been mentioned, I apologize:

1. What is the front panel button layout on the Panzer 3? I saw the buttons listed on the product listing on your site, but wasn't sure if they were listed in any particular order. Let's just assume the stick is facing you with the front panel away from you, L->R

2. What size hex drive is needed for your M4x12mm anodized screws?

Thanks!

P.S. I can't get http://www.jasenscustoms.com/ to load for me right now.
    edited April 29
    L3-TP CLICK-R3 SELECT - HOME - START

There is enough play in the wires though that you can either 1. move pins around to adjust them at the molex connector or 2. move the qdcs as required to move them around in the group of 3.

I don't recall the exact size of the screws, but I know the MCZ tool fits them fine. I have a cheap set of allen wrenches that have the correct size. Not being home to check, I can't say which it is though.

Page seems to be loading up for me now. There was some server maintenance scheduled, not sure if that's affecting it or not.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    edited April 29
    Great. Thank you for all the info. Hex drive is 3mm for the Mad Catz tool, I believe (which is what I'm looking for).

[EDIT]: Site is up and loading now.
    Post edited by jopamo on
    What's up? Here's a few updates that I hope will interest one or two of you :)

1. Deployment is on-going and all is right with us out here. Watch the news for 5 minutes and you will see that the entire world is going nuts right now over a lot of stuff. I am happy to report we are safe!
    2. Spencer is killing these shipments. We finally have a small stock of stuff ready to ship within a day or so. It was rough getting to this point because of the onslaught of orders. Totally worth it! Thanks for the support everyone.
    3. There are plenty of colored plexis for the Panzer Fight Sticks available to order. They ship within a day or two. Make sure you use USPS Mail for the best rates!
    4. I have a couple new "stock" colors coming to the Panzer lineup to compliment Panzer Purple. If you follow me on Twitter and Facebook, there is a good chance you know what they are! Don't give it away!!
    5. The Pro Cable connector found on the TE2, TE2+, and Panthera Fight Sticks is coming to Jasen's Customs. We engineered a solution to use the standard Neutrik D mount hole found on all Panzers to make this connection work and be able for retrofit on a variety of cases. More details to follow as I am waiting on the prototype pieces and parts to arrive at our Alabama location.

Last, but certainly not least... I am bringing Aero Yellow to the store for May! Check the Panzer Fight Stick 3 out in this new limited run color here!

pfs3-yellow.png

Jasen. If I wanted t paint my Panzer Hitbox, what type of paint should I use? Spray Paint wise... or can it even be done? I can't wait for the pro cable connectors and I've already ordered a 9 ft braided pro cable off ebay...
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    Jasen. If I wanted t paint my Panzer Hitbox, what type of paint should I use? Spray Paint wise... or can it even be done? I can't wait for the pro cable connectors and I've already ordered a 9 ft braided pro cable off ebay...

You will need to strip all of the powdercoat off to do it right. I don't recommend it unless you have a sandblast booth and are familiar with proper automotive painting techniques.

You will need to strip all of the powdercoat off to do it right. I don't recommend it unless you have a sandblast booth and are familiar with proper automotive painting techniques.

Ok thanks for the info. Sounds like it wouldn't be worth the effort. Jasen I must say this Panzer 3 is amazing. You have really outdone yourself with this thing. My TE2+ Hitbox and Hori VLX Hitbox have taken a back seat to this thing. I even sold my official Hitbox to a guy off here. It's so good I'm thinking of buying a Korean Panzer for Tekken 7 just to have another Panzer. Anyway I'm gonna wait until a color I can't pass up comes out. The yellow one is pretty sick. BTW I have a guy that wants a Hitbox but wants 30mm buttons. If I advised him of your contact info, when you get back, do you do custom orders like that?

Ok thanks for the info. Sounds like it wouldn't be worth the effort. Jasen I must say this Panzer 3 is amazing. You have really outdone yourself with this thing. My TE2+ Hitbox and Hori VLX Hitbox have taken a back seat to this thing. I even sold my official Hitbox to a guy off here. It's so good I'm thinking of buying a Korean Panzer for Tekken 7 just to have another Panzer. Anyway I'm gonna wait until a color I can't pass up comes out. The yellow one is pretty sick. BTW I have a guy that wants a Hitbox but wants 30mm buttons. If I advised him of your contact info, when you get back, do you do custom orders like that?

Yes, I do. That being said... you may want to convince him a standard hitbox will be better than a 30mm button one... unless he's 7' tall and has giant hands.

Yes, I do. That being said... you may want to convince him a standard hitbox will be better than a 30mm button one... unless he's 7' tall and has giant hands.

@nguyenbui3 did you hear that dude? Chill with the current Hitbox...lol
  • deejaycribdeejaycrib Joined: Posts: 60
    edited May 8
    hi everyone
    i got my TE2+ With EZMOD TE2+ with UFB , is work perfect everything good on PS4 & Xbox 360 , but dont work on computer no one buttons work :( i trying on Fightcade / Steam , i can't used
    do u know why?
    Ps : when i put my stick on computer, leds player on panel TE2+ show all leds on
    deejaycrib wrote: »
    hi everyone
    i got my TE2+ With EZMOD TE2+ with UFB , is work perfect everything good on PS4 & Xbox 360 , but dont work on computer no one buttons work :( i trying on Fightcade / Steam , i can't used
    do u know why?
    Ps : when i put my stick on computer, leds player on panel TE2+ show all leds on

What OS? If Windows 7.... there are known issues. You need to ensure the XBOX ONE drivers are installed.

Windows 8.1 pro (64 bits) where i can found Xbox one drivers please? thanks
  • nguyenbui3nguyenbui3 Joined: Posts: 7
    @VarmintBaby haha yeah im getting used to the buttons
    @Janssen i got drivers xbox one , i installed , is work now thanks so much :)
    For those of you with Panzers looking forward to the pro connector coming out soon from Jasen, check out this deal on Ebay. http://tinyurl.com/mjk7lsa

I ordered one and it came in like 2 days. They are white and I have a white Panzer which works out great. A braided pro cable for 8 bucks? You can't go wrong there! Hop on it! Here's mine so you can actually see it's a pro cable unlike the pic on Ebay.

mm4y0j.jpg
    Just so everyone knows... the Pro Cable Connector is going to come as a full kit that includes the external cables as well.

• EldritchOnRyeEldritchOnRye Joined: Posts: 89
    Is that the same cable as the one the Mad Catz sticks use? Out of curiosity is there an advantage to that over the Neutrik?
    PSN: EldritchOnRye
    SFV, Injustice 2 Soon™
    Is that the same cable as the one the Mad Catz sticks use? Out of curiosity is there an advantage to that over the Neutrik?

Positive locking mechanism. Less reliant on friction fit of the USB cable.

Over time it seems that the Neutriks start to fail at an unknown number of plug/unplug cycles.

16807735_2217579418468068_2549001852333097189_n.jpg?oh=6c7c329e0753bc3b277b8cb9d838599f&oe=59B58A82

Ok thanks for the info. ?

16807735_2217579418468068_2549001852333097189_n.jpg?oh=6c7c329e0753bc3b277b8cb9d838599f&oe=59B58A82

Ooooh yeah dude. I saw this one in the Show Arcade stick thread. Do want. I'm gonna be ordering the Korean Panzer probably Early June. With the Korean Panzer, can you put a Japanese lever in it as long as you get a "japanese plexi" to go on the top? Will it mount?
  • LaMaquinaLaMaquina Joined: Posts: 177
    edited May 10

Last, but certainly not least... I am bringing Aero Yellow to the store for May! Check the Panzer Fight Stick 3 out in this new limited run color here!

pfs3-yellow.png

Dammit, Jasen - why'd you have to come out with that color!? Now I have to order a second Panzer III!!!

EDIT: Just ordered. I hate you. I really do (no I don't).

And you're gonna like the artwork I have for this colorway!
  • WallachWallach Joined: Posts: 204
    Just wanted to stop by and say thanks again for all the help with the order I put in today for the pre-built all-button layout. Jasen will be an easy recommendation in the future. Excited to put this one against the Marvelous Customs all-button, but I have a feeling the Panzer is going to get the lion's share of my attention in the end.

Now for the hard part.
    LaMaquina wrote: »

pfs3-yellow.png

Dammit, Jasen - why'd you have to come out with that color!? Now I have to order a second Panzer III!!!

EDIT: Just ordered. I hate you. I really do (no I don't).

And you're gonna like the artwork I have for this colorway!

I look forward to it! I was really happy with the Puyo Puyo Tetris artwork I did for it :)
    Wallach wrote: »
    Just wanted to stop by and say thanks again for all the help with the order I put in today for the pre-built all-button layout. Jasen will be an easy recommendation in the future. Excited to put this one against the Marvelous Customs all-button, but I have a feeling the Panzer is going to get the lion's share of my attention in the end.

Now for the hard part.

Thanks :) We have it on hand too so I think @SodNine will be shipping it tomorrow.
    Ok thanks for the info. ?

Ooooh yeah dude. I saw this one in the Show Arcade stick thread. Do want. I'm gonna be ordering the Korean Panzer probably Early June. With the Korean Panzer, can you put a Japanese lever in it as long as you get a "japanese plexi" to go on the top? Will it mount?

No, you need the proper lever for it. There are some sticks that allow both, but I chose NOT to do that for a couple reasons:

1. The JLF doesn't need such a tall case. So there is no point in making it taller for everyone. The compact size is one of the main selling points. 1/2" is a lot when you are dealing with 2" sizes.
    2. Extra parts that go unused just cost more money for everyone. That doesn't make sense for anyone. Custom sticks that are of high quality are already on the higher end of cost.

Thanks :) We have it on hand too so I think @SodNine will be shipping it tomorrow.

Wha...?! I thought you said it was going to be a couple weeks! Seriously if you make that happen drinks are on me at EVO.
    Jasen, thanks for telling me that. I value your input as a guy that knows a lot about arcade parts. Would a Fanta work well for a game like SF5? I have a Crown 307 I think it is but the diagonals on it sucked for that game. It's cool for Tekken but I may wanna bust it out on other games too. If not what Korean stick works well with most fighting games. If you don't know I guess I should cruise over to the Korean parts thread. Thanks.

Wha...?! I thought you said it was going to be a couple weeks! Seriously if you make that happen drinks are on me at EVO.

Mah! Sorry... that was for the yellow kit. It will be about 2 weeks still. Unfortunately, I am still deployed and wont be making it to EVO this year.

Jasen, thanks for telling me that. I value your input as a guy that knows a lot about arcade parts. Would a Fanta work well for a game like SF5? I have a Crown 307 I think it is but the diagonals on it sucked for that game. It's cool for Tekken but I may wanna bust it out on other games too. If not what Korean stick works well with most fighting games. If you don't know I guess I should cruise over to the Korean parts thread. Thanks.

I think you can use a Fanta for any game. I am not good enough at any game to say if there is a difference between them for me, but @SodNine is a Korean Lever guy and plays all of his games on one.

• EldritchOnRyeEldritchOnRye Joined: Posts: 89
    edited May 10

Over time it seems that the Neutriks start to fail at an unknown number of plug/unplug cycles.

Makes sense. Is the extra durability that significant a benefit or the comparative fail rate that much higher? On the surface I would think that a cheap, (relatively) common, and standardized part would generally be preferable to a proprietary one even at a higher fail rate when repair/replacement isn't obtrusive.
    PSN: EldritchOnRye
    SFV, Injustice 2 Soon™

Makes sense. Is the extra durability that significant a benefit or the comparative fail rate that much higher? On the surface I would think that a cheap, (relatively) common, and standardized part would generally be preferable to a proprietary one even at a higher fail rate when repair/replacement isn't obtrusive.

Its been something requested many times over the years, so yes, I think so.

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,406
    Yeah the FGC use the Neutrik (or Switch Craft) USB passthough in a way unintended by the manufacture.
    The mount is a XLR mount, intended for XLR style plugs found on professional grade audio equipment.

1002.jpg
    Example of a XRL port.

The USB connectors we need using was entirely intended to add USB (or RJ45 or what ever) on high end audio equipment, mostly a XRL patch panel.
    QGPK1B440-large.jpg
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Yeah the FGC use the Neutrik (or Switch Craft) USB passthough in a way unintended by the manufacture.
    The mount is a XLR mount, intended for XLR style plugs found on professional grade audio equipment.

Example of a XRL port.

The USB connectors we need using was entirely intended to add USB (or RJ45 or what ever) on high end audio equipment, mostly a XRL patch panel.

2gvk1nr.gif

Fight Stick Friday is going to be awesome this week.... I'll be adding two new premium stocked colors: Gunmetal Gray and Pink!

18342434_2274142259478450_8127245623247743266_n.png?oh=7b08825b6600e0ede0c65525c40183b8&oe=59C0935A

Yo dang that gunmetal is nice. I don't suppose you'll have those in the hitbox layout... *shifty eyes*
    Yo dang that gunmetal is nice. I don't suppose you'll have those in the hitbox layout... *shifty eyes*

I will be offering them all in that color yes. That being said... you case is in production already.

I will be offering them all in that color yes. That being said... you case is in production already.

I'm always thinking about the next stick, though! :P

tumblr_npr7aouTjf1st3li6o1_500.gif

I like the cut of your jib :) #SailorQuote

edited May 11
    Better the cut of his jib than the length of his boom :wink:
    If you drop a red Panzer 3 I'm done. If I gotta take out a loan to get the Korean of that I'm doing it.
  • EndRantEndRant Joined: Posts: 227
    If you drop a red Panzer 3 I'm done. If I gotta take out a loan to get the Korean of that I'm doing it.

iirc he made limited edition colors for the panzer 3 release. red being one of them.
    That's true. The following were release colors: Graphite, Red, Blue, White, and Black.

Current colors: White, Black, and Panzer Purple.

Colors dropping on Fight Stick Friday (5/12) are Gunmetal and Pink. These will be part of the permanent roster, or until I run out of the powder.

Special color for April WAS Orange Crush.

Special color for May is Aero Yellow (ends 5/31).

Special color for June is: HA! I'm not spoiling it :)

EndRant wrote: »

iirc he made limited edition colors for the panzer 3 release. red being one of them.

I didn't schooled on the Panzer's until about 3 weeks ago when I decided to buy a White Sandex Hitbox one. Damn so that probably means he won't be bringing Red back out again. Maybe a red variant??
    Red is likely going to be a year out, lots of colors in there I want to get out there for folks.

Hey guys, what size are the screws that hold the Panzer 3 closed? I think there's like 8 of em? I broke one on accident messing around with the controller. Please let me know. Thanks.
    6-32.

edited May 13
    Moved to show your arcade stick thread...
    Post edited by VarmintBaby on
    Hey Jasen, will there be any more Korean lever with Noir layout or Sega Layout Hori VLX panels being made again? When could I get something like that? Thanks.