www.JasensCustoms.com - Panzer Fight Sticks, ADCAP SuperGuns, EZ MODs, and more!

Comments

• ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I wonder if there'll be silver and gold models (not gray and yellow) at some point. Those would be almost impossible to resist. :P
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 886
    +1 for gold! I'd fight off the wife for one of those!
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 424
    jopamo wrote: »
    +1 for gold! I'd fight off the wife for one of those!

LOL.. I know right. I'd be in the dog house for weeks for one of those. "Why did you spend all that money on that thing. You have 4 of them already! I wanna get xyz and I've been saving up blah blah blah"
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    giphy.gif
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 316
    edited May 15
    GOLD is best best best! I would love to see some pearl colors
  • RageousXRageousX Joined: Posts: 417
    Just call it the Sovereign Edition.

guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-image-elizabeth-debicki-ayesha.jpg
    SFV - Mika
    USFIV - Makoto, Evil Ryu
    3rd Strike - Makoto
    UMvC3 - Viper/Dante/Strider
    Tekken 7 - Leo
    edited May 15
    Thank you for helping me find my art overlay. Done

Runner up:
    127439-The_Hobbit_The_Desolation_of_Smaug-Smaug-Bilbo_Baggins-dragon-treasure-gold.jpg
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,967
    RageousX wrote: »
    Having Elizabeth Debicki/Ayesha on a stick is not a bad way to go
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Does anyone know what the size hole is for a Korean joystick (ie Myoungshin Fanta, etc) ? I was thinking of getting the panel of my VLX drilled by a shop until I'm ready to spend the money on a Korean Panzer.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,315
    Does anyone know what the size hole is for a Korean joystick (ie Myoungshin Fanta, etc) ? I was thinking of getting the panel of my VLX drilled by a shop until I'm ready to spend the money on a Korean Panzer.

If your looking to mount traditional Korean stick you need to have 35mm hole for the collar

Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
  • W00P MstR FresHW00P MstR FresH Making stuff is fun Joined: Posts: 823
    I've used a 1 3/8 bit before. Worked great. As close the 35mm as possible.
  • RageousXRageousX Joined: Posts: 417
    I would just be cautious that the mounts match - Fantas are not interchangeable with JLF-type Japanese mounts.
    SFV - Mika
    USFIV - Makoto, Evil Ryu
    3rd Strike - Makoto
    UMvC3 - Viper/Dante/Strider
    Tekken 7 - Leo
  • ClandestineClandestine Patiently waiting for CvS3 Joined: Posts: 522
    RageousX wrote: »
    I would just be cautious that the mounts match - Fantas are not interchangeable with JLF-type Japanese mounts.

You would need to replace the stock plate with the Kowal flat plate converter
    https://www.focusattack.com/kowal-flat-plate-converter/
  • djdigidjdigi Joined: Posts: 66
    Just put my order in for my first Panzer fight stick, I don't think I'll sleep for the next couple weeks. :)
    edited May 18
    Why lose sleep now? You'll surely be staying up nights once it arrives.
    jopamo wrote: »
    Why lose sleep now? You'll surely be staying up nights once it arrives.

Good point!
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,308
    djdigi wrote: »
    Just put my order in for my first Panzer fight stick, I don't think I'll sleep for the next couple weeks. :)

Just got everything in the production line moving, hopefully we can beat the 2 week normal turnaround.

Jasen
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • LaMaquinaLaMaquina Joined: Posts: 176
    edited May 19
    LaMaquina wrote: »

Last, but certainly not least... I am bringing Aero Yellow to the store for May! Check the Panzer Fight Stick 3 out in this new limited run color here!

Dammit, Jasen - why'd you have to come out with that color!? Now I have to order a second Panzer III!!!

EDIT: Just ordered. I hate you. I really do (no I don't).

And you're gonna like the artwork I have for this colorway!

So here it is:

4f9sFL7.jpg?1
    qxVTyMM.jpg?1
    Post edited by LaMaquina on
    Nice. Did you make new wires to connect to the PS4+ board or did you beat the included ones into submission?
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    Nice. Did you make new wires to connect to the PS4+ board or did you beat the included ones into submission?

PS4 board + Audio had all the wires I needed. No extra wiring or modding needed on my part. I just have extra USB cables now.

PS4 board + Audio had all the wires I needed. No extra wiring or modding needed on my part. I just have extra USB cables now.

No, I was talking internal for the TP/R3/L3 buttons. I didn't think the included cable from the EZ BUILD board to the PS4+ board would work. Did you make those or alter the ones provided in the kit?

djdigi wrote: »

Just got everything in the production line moving, hopefully we can beat the 2 week normal turnaround.

Jasen

Can't rush perfection, whatever works for you bro.
    tempting....
  • everythingWasBeeseverythingWasBees Full of questions Joined: Posts: 158
    Jasen, did you ever make the VLX plexis? I'm thinking about picking one up, and would like to do easily swappable artwork if at all possible.

No, I was talking internal for the TP/R3/L3 buttons. I didn't think the included cable from the EZ BUILD board to the PS4+ board would work. Did you make those or alter the ones provided in the kit?

Ah ok. I think the best way I can answer is by taking a photo of the internals (coming in an edit shortly).
    Jasen, did you ever make the VLX plexis? I'm thinking about picking one up, and would like to do easily swappable artwork if at all possible.

No. The hardware to mount the panel is pressed into the panel, no way to hard mount the plexi.

Jasen, do you have any plans to make a Korean lever panel for the TE2? Would a Fanta fit in one you think? If you don't, can you suggest how to get one in a TE2? Maybe dremel the hole to 35mm?
    edited May 23
    Jasen, I hope you bring out the pro cable connector soon. I jacked up my USB Neutrik to the point where if I move my panzer too much it disconnects from the PS4. It's from me pulling it almost off with the cable still in accidentally. The odd thing is it disconnects but I can see the power light still on on the Brook from the clear 30mm on my Hitbox. Do you have any suggestions at this point since I seem to have screwed it up? Just wait for the pro cable?
    Jasen, do you have any plans to make a Korean lever panel for the TE2? Would a Fanta fit in one you think? If you don't, can you suggest how to get one in a TE2? Maybe dremel the hole to 35mm?

I have them. Been for sale for a while, just not now while I am deployed.
    Jasen, I hope you bring out the pro cable connector soon. I jacked up my USB Neutrik to the point where if I move my panzer too much it disconnects from the PS4. It's from me pulling it almost off with the cable still in accidentally. The odd thing is it disconnects but I can see the power light still on on the Brook from the clear 30mm on my Hitbox. Do you have any suggestions at this point since I seem to have screwed it up? Just wait for the pro cable?

ProCables are going to be a hot minute. Probably a month or so. Each cable is being hand made. In the mean time: https://arcadeshock.com/products/switchcraft-ehusbbabx-usb-b-to-a-eh-panel-mount-connector-with-4-40-screws

Not sure how you mangled it, but it sounds like the D+ and D- lines are not staying connected when there is some deflection int he cable. Replace the neturik with that part I linked above, and it will fix the issue.

• WallachWallach Joined: Posts: 204
    Yo, I saw my build over on Twitter. I'm stoked! Impressive turnaround time too, give Spencer my thanks!
    Wallach wrote: »
    Yo, I saw my build over on Twitter. I'm stoked! Impressive turnaround time too, give Spencer my thanks!

I'm actually doing some edits on the photos to post up and use on the Hitbox build option. I agree, it came out sweet. I am digging the color scheme.

edited May 23
    Most recent Panzer 3 Hitbox built for @Wallach

Eoa0jdT.png

5aXqgo5.png

Finally, a great picture of @SodNine 's Panzer 3.

5RVO4Wq.png

Nice! Those plexis are 1/16" thick, correct?
    Yup.

Sorry if you've already said this but when do you expect to be back from your deployment?
    Fall 2017

Fall 2017

I'm gonna write President Trump and tell him we need you back before then. I'm gonna ask him to release you with pay. You think it'll fly? LOL j/k. Man that's so long away. I ordered a 35mm step bit off amazon and I'm gonna try to drill a space for my Myoungshin Fanta I just got into a Hori RAP 4 Kai. I wish I could just buy a Korean Panzer but I just bought a GAEMS Vanguard gaming setup travel thing and don't have the dough. Anyway, I got my gold and blue screws today. The gold goes well with my Dhalsim graphic and the blue will go well with a Naruto art I'm waiting for from Tek Innov. I'll post pics soon.
    Fall 2017

I'm gonna write President Trump and tell him we need you back before then. I'm gonna ask him to release you with pay. You think it'll fly? LOL j/k. Man that's so long away. I ordered a 35mm step bit off amazon and I'm gonna try to drill a space for my Myoungshin Fanta I just got into a Hori RAP 4 Kai. I wish I could just buy a Korean Panzer but I just bought a GAEMS Vanguard gaming setup travel thing and don't have the dough. Anyway, I got my gold and blue screws today. The gold goes well with my Dhalsim graphic and the blue will go well with a Naruto art I'm waiting for from Tek Innov. I'll post pics soon.

I wish that would work sometimes, but alas we're out here doing important work for the US.

That RAP Kai may not have space for the Fanta. Just be sure to dry fit the base before cutting anything away.

• CaptainHookCaptainHook Joined: Posts: 18
    edited May 25
    Most recent Panzer 3 Hitbox built for @Wallach

Wow, looks good and is very similar to what i just ordered last week. I have a black Panzer hitbox diy kit on its way to me now and have similar colour buttons except i got these "clear" black ones from arcadeshock (i like they look grey in the middle with black around the outside) but all movement buttons are white including the 30mm jump button. Can't wait!

viuXmgW.jpg

CaptainH00K
    GetUpTo88
    edited May 27
    Jasen I bought that USB port and it's working much better now. I can move the Hitbox all over and it doesn't lose connectivity. BTW the screws that come with that one are much longer and easier to install. Unless all future Panzer's are going to come with the pro cable connection, I'd suggest moving to this port for the USB. Just my humble opinion tho. Thanks for your help.
    Post edited by VarmintBaby on
    Wow, looks good and is very similar to what i just ordered last week. I have a black Panzer hitbox diy kit on its way to me now and have similar colour buttons except i got these "clear" black ones from arcadeshock (i like they look grey in the middle with black around the outside) but all movement buttons are white including the 30mm jump button. Can't wait!

Nice - it's a little hard to tell from the angle on mine but the 30mm Up button is a Dark Hai (that same grey, though not with the clear rim).

Should get here tomorrow. So glad that it'll be here before Tekken 7 lands. Plus I have a 3 day weekend. We're in there.
    Jasen I bought that USB port and it's working much better now. I can move the stick all over and it doesn't lose connectivity. BTW the screws that come with that one are much longer and easier to install. Unless all future Panzer's are going to come with the pro cable connection, I'd suggest moving to this port for the USB. Just my humble opinion tho. Thanks for your help.

Black USBs are all Switchcraft now, we made that switch as soon as the Neutrik's ran out. Once silver neutrik's run out, same.

Nice - it's a little hard to tell from the angle on mine but the 30mm Up button is a Dark Hai (that same grey, though not with the clear rim).

Should get here tomorrow. So glad that it'll be here before Tekken 7 lands. Plus I have a 3 day weekend. We're in there.

Agree. I had to ask Spencer after I saw the picture to make sure it was Dark Hai. :)

gdlOqAjl.jpg
    UQW2Hl8l.jpg

LS-62-01, all Seimitsu buttons, love this stick! Thanks Jasen!!
    Ah damnit, Fed ex just yanked the football and rescheduled my delivery for Wednesday.

tUOKhYR.jpg

edited May 27
    Ah damnit, Fed ex just yanked the football and rescheduled my delivery for Wednesday.

"Good things come to those who wait"
    "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

Ya' know, stuff like that :wink:
    Well... now it just went back to today and says it is on a truck for delivery. Fed Ex embracing the 50/50!
    The Seimitsu buttons don't snap all the way in due to the thickness of the case w/ the plexiglass. Is there a more preferred button type for the Pazner case? thanks
    I use Sanwa buttons and it go in perfectly
    oodk wrote: »
    I use Sanwa buttons and it go in perfectly

Hmm, ok thanks. The Seimitsu buttons stay in but i can pull them out with my fingernails, not a big deal..Good to know about the Sanwa buttons.
    Be careful with the Sanwas though. Some of them aren't machined properly. I had one in particular that I had to sand down the sides because if I put it all the way in the stick the button would get stuck down when I pressed it. Sanding it down on the sides resolved the issue though. But yeah....