www.JasensCustoms.com - Panzer Fight Sticks, ADCAP SuperGuns, EZ MODs, and more!

Comments

• JDash247JDash247 Joined: Posts: 227
    I wish the new preorders had an option to select the mc cthulhu as the included pcb.
    Resident Metal/Fighting Game player.
    http://www.twitch.tv/jdash247 - Random FG and Shmup Player
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,372
    Just add it to the cart with the stick. It's an inventory management tool so I don't oversell them.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 932
    I'm way too poor to own more than one stick, but I just want to say that these look so clean. Props.
    Steam ID: NoChart
  • JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 471
    edited December 2016
    I think mine is in the mail omg!

EDIT: It wasnt :(
    Post edited by JRDIBBS on
    I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Kaimana Guru, check out my GitHub for layouts, animations and more!
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
    Panzer III unboxing and "pro" review! :lol:

Don't have any hardware to install yet but after X-Mas I will order parts from PAS.

I mod so you can play!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 318
    That purple Panzer is tempting...
    JR,

Great video!

A couple of notes:

1. The SPDT (on-off-on) is indeed for the LS/RS/DP mode.
    2. The SPST (on-off) is the Kill Ground or the Disable switch for the front facing buttons.
    3. The hardware is for mounting the Feet, Lever, and PCB inside the case. They are all 6-32, 10-24, and 4-40. Keeping it all ENGLISH system the best I could.
    4. The 5x Aluminum screws are M4.

Those screws from the top of the package are the same as the small bag you pulled out. They are trusshead screws for mounting the lever. I had a "grandpa moment" and thought I forgot to put them in, so everyone got a blister pack of screws. Apparently, I did put them in so you got two sets :)
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    JR,

Great video!

A couple of notes:

1. The SPDT (on-off-on) is indeed for the LS/RS/DP mode.
    2. The SPST (on-off) is the Kill Ground or the Disable switch for the front facing buttons.
    3. The hardware is for mounting the Feet, Lever, and PCB inside the case. They are all 6-32, 10-24, and 4-40. Keeping it all ENGLISH system the best I could.
    4. The 5x Aluminum screws are M4.

Those screws from the top of the package are the same as the small bag you pulled out. They are trusshead screws for mounting the lever. I had a "grandpa moment" and thought I forgot to put them in, so everyone got a blister pack of screws. Apparently, I did put them in so you got two sets :)

Thanks for the clarification!
    I mod so you can play!
  • bashirkashmiribashirkashmiri Joined: Posts: 57
    Any chance of a 2 player panzer III?
    I suppose anything is possible

• jpjupiterjpjupiter Joined: Posts: 11
    Hi Jasen, huge fan of your work. I was just wondering when we can expect an EZ mod kit for the Madcatz TES+? Thanks
    Finalizing details now. A few moving parts and hurdles with the holidays to overcome.

Thanks for the fast answer. I understand the EZ mod and Brook Universal fighting Board will replace the stock pcb, I have a question. My TES+ is the victim of a common problem where the LS-DP-RS is stuck on RS. Would the upcoming mod fix that? Thanks again!
  • HiYaPewPewHiYaPewPew Joined: Posts: 35
    jpjupiter wrote: »
    Thanks for the fast answer. I understand the EZ mod and Brook Universal fighting Board will replace the stock pcb, I have a question. My TES+ is the victim of a common problem where the LS-DP-RS is stuck on RS. Would the upcoming mod fix that? Thanks again!

I think it would depend on if the problem is with the main pcb or the pcb with the touchpad
    HiYaPewPew wrote: »
    jpjupiter wrote: »

I think it would depend on if the problem is with the main pcb or the pcb with the touchpad

Thanks for the info, thats good to know. I'll take my chances when the Ez Mod for the TES+ releases
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,523
    That's an issue with the main board. Diode on that signal line for the stick mode went bad. It's casing it to short to ground. So it's acting as if it's being hled down all the time. As soon as it gets plugged the pcb thinks it's pressed so it changes to rs mode (the next mode). But since it's shorted to ground it never truly gets unpressed. Even tho you physically press it again it doesn't do anything because the pcb was thinking it's been held down the entire time.

You will not see this issue still occur if you replace it with an ezmod. Though if I recall correctly the ezmod makes you remap the mode button as a different input and you'll have to use the macro feature of the ufb to change stick modes.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
    Not on the EZ MOD for the TE2+ and TES+. The DP/LS/RS switch works as required. The TE2 variant is changeable for various button functions.

• GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,523
    Ah okay. Didn't know if you changed that for the + variant.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
    Gummo wrote: »
    That's an issue with the main board. Diode on that signal line for the stick mode went bad. It's casing it to short to ground. So it's acting as if it's being hled down all the time. As soon as it gets plugged the pcb thinks it's pressed so it changes to rs mode (the next mode). But since it's shorted to ground it never truly gets unpressed. Even tho you physically press it again it doesn't do anything because the pcb was thinking it's been held down the entire time.

You will not see this issue still occur if you replace it with an ezmod. Though if I recall correctly the ezmod makes you remap the mode button as a different input and you'll have to use the macro feature of the ufb to change stick modes.

Thanks for the explanation Gummo. Looks like I'll definitely be picking up the EZ Mod when it drops.
    Fire
  • septicseptic It was love at first sight Joined: Posts: 409
    Is there a UK supplier for the Panzer stick?

No, you can only get it directly from him or someone selling one in the UK
  • warheadwarhead Joined: Posts: 13
    Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question but using the EZ Mod for TE2+/UFB is there any functionality other than the lock button that won't transfer over from the stock MC PCB? For example, does the touchpad still function the same way (ability to swipe etc) or would it work solely as a Touchpad left/center/right button. Thank you!
    warhead wrote: »
    Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question but using the EZ Mod for TE2+/UFB is there any functionality other than the lock button that won't transfer over from the stock MC PCB? For example, does the touchpad still function the same way (ability to swipe etc) or would it work solely as a Touchpad left/center/right button. Thank you!

The Touchpad will work as click. Its up to Brook to update the firmware to support to the tracking functions.

• warheadwarhead Joined: Posts: 13
    Thank you!
    Waiting for the reveal of Panzer 3 "Reiraku" Fightstick on Jan 6
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 863
    If Jasen actually called it the PSF 3.0 "Reiraku" special edition, I think I would do a backflip.
    Reiraku wrote: »
    If Jasen actually called it the PSF 3.0 "Reiraku" special edition, I think I would do a backflip.

If I could actually say "reiraku" without tripping over my tongue... I would do a back flip :)

• SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    When's the hit box layout Panzer's going into production? I think there's a sizeable amount of us looking to build some.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    I'm working the PCB design as we speak!

I want to see a backflip
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 863
    Let's get Jasen working on some Japanese phonetics and it might happen.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 559
    edited December 2016
    Jasen, I just got my VLX Hitbox panel and I'm loving it!! I'm so glad you exist dude. This thing is awesome!! I wanted to ask when are you going to be putting the Hitbox Panel for the TE2/+ on your site for sale? Lemme know bro. Later man!!
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    I'll have some stuff Tuesday I think

Time to hit the new year running and send some stuff off for final verifications :)

15781088_2180150502210960_939255903516272677_n.png?oh=aa471598b3d55acac4a474d38830e42b&oe=591E29BF

• MattavistMattavist Joined: Posts: 62
    Are those all 30mm buttons?