www.JasensCustoms.com - Panzer Fight Sticks, ADCAP SuperGuns, EZ MODs, and more!

Comments

• Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,353
    Mattavist wrote: »
    Are those all 30mm buttons?

No. Normal Hitbox 24. Don't worry about the PCB, the switches for the buttons are all about the same size so the holes are all about the same size :)
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • JayduckyJayducky Stupid Questions---> Joined: Posts: 737
    Hey Jasen,
    Can I get in line for a supergun?
    Step 1: Put a hole in the box.
    Jayducky wrote: »
    Hey Jasen,

I don't have "lines" per se. Just need to keep an eye out on the newsletter and FB/Twitter for updates. I did the first 5 pre-orders as promised, I **MAY** do a couple more in the next month; but I can't guarantee it with my pre-deployment schedule right now.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    Hey Jasen,

I don't have "lines" per se. Just need to keep an eye out on the newsletter and FB/Twitter for updates. I did the first 5 pre-orders as promised, I **MAY** do a couple more in the next month; but I can't guarantee it with my pre-deployment schedule right now.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out. I've watched your YouTube video several times and your build quality on the superguns looks incredible! Also,
    Thank you for your service to our country!!
    Have a great day.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,059

No. Normal Hitbox 24. Don't worry about the PCB, the switches for the buttons are all about the same size so the holes are all about the same size :)

wait, so its a pcb and the holes are just there so that it looks good or is this the real layout which you use for your faceplate too?
    i ask this because the spacing looks weird.
    edited January 4
    appomo wrote: »

wait, so its a pcb and the holes are just there so that it looks good or is this the real layout which you use for your faceplate too?
    i ask this because the spacing looks weird.

OK, so much like the PFS3 and PFS2 there is a PCB "wiring harness". Those holes are where the little microswitches poke through the PCB and the wire connects to them to the board. This is the exact layout of the TE2 panels with HitBox and the PFS2. You are looking at it from "underneath" the buttons, so of course it does look funny. And... they are all 20mm holes vs. 24mm and 30 mm because there is no need to make the PCB holes for the micros that big.

• VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 518
    So Tuesday has come and gone and no TE2 panels on the site? Maybe Wed?
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    I had to get some clarification from the shop. They were all blemished upon arrival and needed to know if they wanted them back or not! So I am going to list them... at 35% off since art will easily cover the TE2 panels themselves and you'll never see them. They are coming... promise.

OK! Discounted Madcatz TE2 and TE2+ panels are listed! http://www.jasenscustoms.com/Fight-Stick-Replacement-Panels_c_47.html

Remember Type-N users: the left tool chest inside the case MUST BE REMOVED for the lid to close with the new placement of the lever.

• oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 318
    Pimp out your fightstick
    Bitchin! Just ordered the TE2 Hitbox! Yay! You rock Jasen!
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    BTW Jasen what type of tool do you use to get the 6 screws out on the TE2Plus to take the panel out?
    Use the included screw driver to pull the bezel off from the under the lid. Then use it to remove the screws that hold the panel down. That's it!

• hyp36rmaxhyp36rmax Joined: Posts: 122
    Finalizing details now. A few moving parts and hurdles with the holidays to overcome.

Looking forward to this!
    This week going to be interesting for Panzer 3.0
    I'm looking for a pair of mas sticks but they are becoming hard to find in good shape. Any chance of a panzer variant that could house American buttons/joysticks?
    I'm looking for a pair of mas sticks but they are becoming hard to find in good shape. Any chance of a panzer variant that could house American buttons/joysticks?

I did one a few years ago as a one off... not a very common request, so not likely to make it a regular offering.

• Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989

I did one a few years ago as a one off... not a very common request, so not likely to make it a regular offering.

How many people would need to put up or shut up to get a USA style panzer (case only, fully enclosed, pretty much a metal MAS is what I'm picturing in my head) at the $350~$375 price?

Just curious, and p.s. I love my PFSIII.
    #MAS_Preservation_Society

How many people would need to put up or shut up to get a USA style panzer (case only, fully enclosed, pretty much a metal MAS is what I'm picturing in my head) at the $350~$375 price?

Just curious, and p.s. I love my PFSIII.

At least 25 if it was basic metal only, no plexi or EZ Build stuff inside. I think it would be a bit cheaper than that as well.

This just in!

Custom OBS-MX Kits with the Jasen's Customs Logo:

15894385_2184383081787702_1592535650290273148_n.jpg?oh=545998905ce2b515605dc543e47b8a58&oe=58E3E781
    Purchase here: http://jasens.cc/2ilRucv

AND PANZER PURPLE!!!!!

15826289_2184338418458835_8612360794982788517_n.jpg?oh=5289d6a68eca153ddbe68fba02c30ea3&oe=591FFC30
    Purchase here: http://jasens.cc/2iLVdDw

• ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 819
    I don't know if I was the first one to order one, but if not, it's only because I was at work when they went up.
  • ValanarroValanarro Joined: Posts: 24
    Just ordered the TE2 hitbox panel, but couldn't find any matching plexis over at tek-innovations. Any idea if/when those are coming or am I out of luck?
    Email Tek to see can you order the plexi
    Valanarro wrote: »
    Just ordered the TE2 hitbox panel, but couldn't find any matching plexis over at tek-innovations. Any idea if/when those are coming or am I out of luck?

You have to email him. He has the templates to cut them but for some reason I think hes been so slammed he hasn't made it an official listing. Please note, your panel comes with plexi from me so unless you want something etched and custom, you really don't need another.
    Reiraku wrote: »
    I don't know if I was the first one to order one, but if not, it's only because I was at work when they went up.

Second :)

Valanarro wrote: »

Dude the TE2 hitbox panel is awesome. I got mine this Friday and I've been rocking with it ever since. I love this thing. It comes with a plexi covered with two "stickers". I thought it was a cardboard piece at first but if you peel off the stickers you'll have the plexi underneath. Also he includes a harness to hook up the buttons. This thing is awesome and I'm finally able to play Dhalsim using the Hitbox. Post when you get yours... later dude.
  • ValanarroValanarro Joined: Posts: 24
    You have to email him. He has the templates to cut them but for some reason I think hes been so slammed he hasn't made it an official listing. Please note, your panel comes with plexi from me so unless you want something etched and custom, you really don't need another.
    Oh, good to know. I'm not sure if I want a black plexi or not so I'll just use this one for now
    Dude the TE2 hitbox panel is awesome. I got mine this Friday and I've been rocking with it ever since. I love this thing. It comes with a plexi covered with two "stickers". I thought it was a cardboard piece at first but if you peel off the stickers you'll have the plexi underneath. Also he includes a harness to hook up the buttons. This thing is awesome and I'm finally able to play Dhalsim using the Hitbox. Post when you get yours... later dude.

Will do, I've been wanting to learn hitbox for years so I'm super stoked to finally get a jab at it
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can you do a TE-S hitbox panel replacement? I want to convert one of my older sticks.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    SUPARNOVAX wrote: »
    Can you do a TE-S hitbox panel replacement? I want to convert one of my older sticks.

Can I? Yes.

Do I have time to do the R&D for an old platform? Unfortunately, no.

• dokkydokky Joined: Posts: 14
    Hi I'm looking to mod my XB1 TE2 KI edition stick with the EZmod and UFB. Would the LED board that came with the stick still work with this set up? Apologies if this has been asked repeatedly before.
    dokky wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking to mod my XB1 TE2 KI edition stick with the EZmod and UFB. Would the LED board that came with the stick still work with this set up? Apologies if this has been asked repeatedly before.

One tweak you have to make. Please see the EZ MOD thread for more info.

• ClandestineClandestine Patiently waiting for CvS3 Joined: Posts: 522
    Have I missed all the TE2 hitbox panels? I can't find it on the site.

Blemished are sold out. More coming, now not blemished and back to the normal price.

edited January 10
    TES+ EzMOD! Don't mind me, just you know waiting for the day Jasen says "hey guys check this out! It's ready!" =)
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 169
    Gotta say that Jasen makes some quality stuff. I'm surprised that I actually installed the UFB with the VLX EZ Mod without ruining the existing wires (in addition to how easy it was to install a hitbox panel on my VLX as well). Keep it up!
  • dav3ybdav3yb Quarter Man Joined: Posts: 1,119
    In the words of Forest Gump, shit happens.

I was thinking the email i got was a shipping update, but instead it was the cancel email, although I've got plenty of ps3 sticks, so I'll try and hit at least one up for classic consoles.
    Positive news today :) I finally have the TES+ EZ MOD all squared away and tested. Not a huge problem really since its a reimagining of the TE2+ EZ MOD (same essential setup inside the stick. Here's the pictures in chronological order of the install:

I mounted everything to the bottom of the stick using sticky feet standoffs. Lots of metal down here, no desire to short anything out! Used right angle headers on the 20P section of the UFB for clearance purposes. USB cable that comes from MCZ is a pain and since you can't get a replacement in without cutting the end, I created the little adapter board there and used a custom USB cable I created to connect it to the USB B connector on the Brook. I ended up replacing the MCZ cable because the blue coating on the D- wire sucks and is a pain to get off without hot tweezers.

15940424_2187154601510550_5297786541711995582_n.jpg?oh=9a21070d20ecb18e400e7f1ba96add90&oe=590F8943

Next, I bolted the base back onto the stick and pulled the wires up. You will notice I completely removed the top to make it easier to work and not damage the cables inside.

15965799_2187154604843883_604110661049784507_n.jpg?oh=7b565d95aa019a98f248118c0d292f8f&oe=58D6C3D7

Installed the EZ MOD board in the stock PCB location and connected everything up. Used the stock button board to connect to the 20P custom cable. so no need to rewire those :)

15965501_2187154628177214_1732654276606630424_n.jpg?oh=819bbaa35c2dd37dc370fcc4a28f6dc9&oe=591E5FC8

Buttoned up with some Purple Fight Stick Jewelry and tested it on Windows 10. Works great!

15966059_2187154631510547_2516558710529207949_n.jpg?oh=8cefe27cd1d5aaf14800157fc4b6aa2f&oe=59147224

Positive news today :) I finally have the TES+ EZ MOD all squared away and tested. Not a huge problem really since its a reimagining of the TE2+ EZ MOD (same essential setup inside the stick. Here's the pictures in chronological order of the install:

I mounted everything to the bottom of the stick using sticky feet standoffs. Lots of metal down here, no desire to short anything out! Used right angle headers on the 20P section of the UFB for clearance purposes. USB cable that comes from MCZ is a pain and since you can't get a replacement in without cutting the end, I created the little adapter board there and used a custom USB cable I created to connect it to the USB B connector on the Brook. I ended up replacing the MCZ cable because the blue coating on the D- wire sucks and is a pain to get off without hot tweezers.

Next, I bolted the base back onto the stick and pulled the wires up. You will notice I completely removed the top to make it easier to work and not damage the cables inside.

Installed the EZ MOD board in the stock PCB location and connected everything up. Used the stock button board to connect to the 20P custom cable. so no need to rewire those :)

Buttoned up with some Purple Fight Stick Jewelry and tested it on Windows 10. Works great!

Beautiful Jasen! Now the question is how soon can I hand you the money for a kit? What's included?
  • ClandestineClandestine Patiently waiting for CvS3 Joined: Posts: 522

Blemished are sold out. More coming, now not blemished and back to the normal price.

Is there an ETA on the new panels? I just don't want to miss them again. They seem to have sold out quickly.

Is there an ETA on the new panels? I just don't want to miss them again. They seem to have sold out quickly.

On or about January 19.... Assuming I have the plexis to support. I may have to do an order for more of that, but I am away on other business right now.

Jasen