www.JasensCustoms.com - Panzer Fight Sticks, ADCAP SuperGuns, EZ MODs, and more!

1272829303133»

Comments

• xruizaxruiza Doof~! Joined: Posts: 16
    If I wanted to get a hitbox layout of the PFS3, I'd have to order the current green one right?
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,315
    xruiza wrote: »
    If I wanted to get a hitbox layout of the PFS3, I'd have to order the current green one right?

No, I will be adding the "regular" colors back to the shop today.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 443
    edited June 13
    Jasen, do you have any info on Phreakmods releasing a Link shaft for the Myoungshin Fanta or the Crown 309 HelpMe? Basically Korean levers....
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    No, I don't.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 248 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @Jasen Hicks - how would your wiring systems work in the PFS3 for the new Hori Hayabusa Optical that's on preorder now from Arcadeshock? The harness that's on this new version is 6-pin versus the traditional harnesses used from Sanwa and Seimitsu.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 443
    Jasen, is there anywhere I can order the EZ mod for the VLX without the brook board? I already have the set but broke the piece off for the touchpad and just need the ezmod. Lemme know man. Thanks.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 445
    edited June 16
    mikeohara wrote: »
    @Jasen Hicks - how would your wiring systems work in the PFS3 for the new Hori Hayabusa Optical that's on preorder now from Arcadeshock? The harness that's on this new version is 6-pin versus the traditional harnesses used from Sanwa and Seimitsu.
    If you buy a pfs3right now you will need to skip jasens pcb connection and handle the joystick wiring directly to the board, the additional 6th wire is the 5v connection and the brooks has a 5v terminal you can piggy back of.
    Post edited by JRDIBBS on
    I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Kaimana Guru, check out my GitHub for layouts, animations and more!
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
    edited June 16

The PFS3 wiring kit includes the 6 pin connector for the Optical joysticks, just use that instead of the other one for the JLF. No need to bypass anything, I thought ahead on that sort of stuff.

From the website: "The JCC EZ BUILD system. Internal USB cable, main common PCB, internal wiring. Internal wiring accommodates standard Japanese levers and buttons including the popular Hori Hayabusa Optical."

It's Item "P" in the build instructions: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/jasenscustoms/pfs3/Panzer-3.0-Assembly-Instructions.pdf

Jasen, is there anywhere I can order the EZ mod for the VLX without the brook board? I already have the set but broke the piece off for the touchpad and just need the ezmod. Lemme know man. Thanks.

No, they are only available in kit form.

Jasen

edited June 16
    Edit: I got taken to school :)
    Post edited by mikeohara on
    JRDIBBS wrote: »

If you buy a pfs3right now you will need to skip jasens pcb connection and handle the joystick wiring directly to the board, the additional 6th wire is the 5v connection and the brooks has a 5v terminal you can piggy back of.

I think I may wait on the Hayabusa Optical if that's the case, because I'm terrible at soldering. However that new Fanta that eTokki has for preorder looks really nice.

Mike, JR's answer is wrong. Please read up above it where I answer it correctly.

Jasen

The PFS3 wiring kit includes the 6 pin connector for the Optical joysticks, just use that instead of the other one for the JLF. No need to bypass anything, I thought ahead on that sort of stuff.

From the website: "The JCC EZ BUILD system. Internal USB cable, main common PCB, internal wiring. Internal wiring accommodates standard Japanese levers and buttons including the popular Hori Hayabusa Optical."

It's Item "P" in the build instructions: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/jasenscustoms/pfs3/Panzer-3.0-Assembly-Instructions.pdf

Thanks for letting me know here and on twitter as well. Now I get to save money for a Panzer!
  • WHITE_4ND_N3RDYWHITE_4ND_N3RDY Joined: Posts: 96
    edited June 17
    @Jasen Hicks
    Does this panzer diy kit support the crown 309mj st25 joystick and if so do u sell a converson kit for the .187 microswitchs on that particular crown joystick?

http://www.jasenscustoms.com/panzer-fight-stick-3-emerald

Really want to buy this just need to know if everything is conpatible and converson harness can be accomindated!
    WHITE 4ND N3RDY: Acidmods admin, Controllermax staff member. Cement Masons Local 555, representing the triple nickel.
    I saw your question on the PM system, but Ill answer it here.

1. I do sell conversion harnesses. They are $3.00. I can add them to the shop as @SodNine has some on the shelf.
    2. If that has a true JLF mounting harness and the body (plate to the bottom of the lever) is less than 1.70 inches, just shy of 1 3/4" it will work.

I would say though... if you want a quality Korean experience.... get a PFS3 KE. It will fit the traditional Korean Levers such as the Myoungshin Fanta and the Crown 303N.

Jasen

Thanks for the response back! The joystick I have will fit jlf mounting and it has a short collar at 6mm which I believe is just shy of 1/4 inch tall so in theory everything should work out with the case i inquired about.

The only issues I see with the PFS3 KE is the dust washer can get hung up in the wider joystick hole that's made for tall collars also I feel like the collar will be to far depressed into the case and not flush with the case. Anyway I feel like I have enough info to move forward but still need the converson harness added to the order I will soon place. I.d.k if u have a comment box when u purchase from your store where I can throw in that I need the .187 converson adaptor added? Thats pretty much the only thing hendering me right now from purchasing this diy kit. I just dont want to pay shipping twice and cant dind this on your website.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY: Acidmods admin, Controllermax staff member. Cement Masons Local 555, representing the triple nickel.
    I was recommending using an Korean Mount (tall collar) lever over the "short" version. I prefer them, tbh, over the "JLF Compatible ones".

Here's the converter: http://www.jasenscustoms.com/5-Pin-JST-Harness-to-187-Quick-Disconnect-Converter_p_196.html

Don't mind the lack of a picture. I have to see if I have any in my cloud storage somewhere since I am deployed.

Thank u! Just pulled the trigger on this. I appreciate your speedy responses to my inquires.
    edited June 17
    @Jasen Hicks do u have a artwork template or a company where I can send a jpg image to get some button hole/artwork done?
    Post edited by WHITE_4ND_N3RDY on
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 915
    Thank u.
  • Rarely_SoberRarely_Sober Joined: Posts: 1
    edited June 19
    Decided to stop lurking and make an account just to post here.

ordered on Thursday arrived Monday, was very easy to assemble.

obligatory bad cellphone image

https://imgur.com/WQUFGo0
    WQUFGo0.jpg

Will be checking back after deployment for that frosted black hitbox plexi, if you decide to list it again I will be snapping one up.
    @Jasen Hicks I just received my PFS3 emerald diy kit and the plexie I recived is light blue "non see through" and all scratched up bad. Wasn't I supposed to receive a clear see through plexie and of course not all scratched up with protective covering on it? Everything else is fine but the plexie I recived is garbage and has no protective covering on it.
    edited July 7
    @Jasen Hicks I just received my PFS3 emerald diy kit and the plexie I recived is light blue "non see through" and all scratched up bad. Wasn't I supposed to receive a clear see through plexie and of course not all scratched up with protective covering on it? Everything else is fine but the plexie I recived is garbage and has no protective covering on it.

That light blue film is the protective sheet.

Since this is a common misunderstanding, I have created an Knowledge Base Article here about the plexi:

https://jasenscustoms.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000562572

Thanks I'm use the the paperback peal off. That's bl u e protective covering is on there good. Feel like a dunce lol.
    Thanks I'm use the the paperback peal off. That's bl u e protective covering is on there good. Feel like a dunce lol.

It happens to the best of us. This actually reminded me to add the questions to the FAQ portion of my new ZenDesk help system. The KB is far more responsive than I am at times since its always available.

Jasen

• djdigidjdigi Joined: Posts: 66
    Jasen is the man, still loving my Panzer FS3!! I need to get some sexy artwork under this plexi soon. oO
    edited July 8
    eNjN9Be.jpg
    PRdWXlo.jpg

Thought I'd share that the crown 309mj does fit in the PFS3. The only issue I came across was when I dropped the stock dust washer into the plexie joystick mount hole it restricted full throw onto the joystick. I just had to leave the dust washer out from the inside of the case. Not a big deal to me but thought it was worth mentioning.

pfs3-evo-jcc.png

Unfortunately, I will not be attending EVO 2017. Aquaman, Namor, and I will continue to protect the seven seas during the seemingly never-ending deployment. Even though I can’t be there in person, I know many Panzer Fight Stick and ADCAP owners will be with FightSticks and SuperGuns in tow. I am calling on the community to be on the lookout for members of the Panzer Brigade and serve as the official Jasen’s Customs Paparazzi Squad during EVO 2017! Participate and be rewarded handsomely with a one-time use 10% off coupon that NEVER EXPIRES and is valid on EVERYTHING in the shop. Here’s what you do:

Snap a photo of a Panzer Fight Stick and it’s owner. Please make sure they give you permission!
    Tweet it to @JasensCustoms with both #PanzerFightStick and #EVO2017

That’s it! Not on Twitter? No problems! Facebook works too! Just be sure to post it to the Jasen’s Customs Facebook Page and use #PanzerFightStick and #EVO2017 in the post!

After EVO 2017 is over, I will create unique single use coupons and distribute them via Direct Message (Twitter) or Private Message (Facebook). Please give me a few days to get them out as its one of the few “manual” things I have to do still!

General Rules:
    • Photo must be taken during EVO 2017 and at the venue or surrounding hotels.
    • Photos must be posted during the official EVO dates: July 14 - July 16, 2017. Late submissions will not be considered.
    • Tweets or Posts must include @JasensCustoms and both #EVO2017 and #PanzerFightStick
    • One coupon per person will be issued. Additional coupons for the those hyper-engaged may be issued on a case by case basis at JasensCustoms.com’s discretion.
    • Disclaimer: This promotion is not endorsed by EVO in anyway, shape, or form. Use of their logo, names, etc. are to convey the timeline and scope of the promotion only.
    inventory-week.png

It’s inventory week starting 7/10 and going until 7/17. This is the most dreaded week of the year because it’s boring and not even remotely fun. We chose to do it during the week leading up to and including EVO weekend because it will be a convenient time to stop, finish getting orders our that are being finished up, and get a good solid count of everything, and I suspect a lot of folks will be travelling to EVO.

Orders will be shipping that week, just no new orders will be taken. The site will be closed, but we will be available at the Help Desk, Twitter, Facebook, and of course email. If we finish early, we will open up early. If we finish late, we will extend it a day or so as appropriate. Once the site does open back up, we should be launching the Procable connector kits. More details on those will follow in the coming days.
    el-fuego-jlf.png

July's special color run is HOT! The Panzer Fight Stick FIRE RED will be available for order once we reopen from inventory. We got this one started a bit late due to EVO, a lot of orders coming in, and just general other work that had to get done. Of course, it will be available in all of the styles: Standard, Korean Edition, and Hitbox layouts. The fire red is a glossy red finish and will look awesome with some of the black gloss plexis that will be available to order too!

• Mr OsoMr Oso . . . Joined: Posts: 54
    Quick question- are the sides of the pink panzer white or pink?
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 915
    edited July 23
    Stupid question, @Jasen Hicks
    Will you be selling more arcade cp repro's when u get back?
    Mr Oso wrote: »
    Quick question- are the sides of the pink panzer white or pink?

They are Pink.
    jopamo wrote: »
    Stupid question, @Jasen Hicks Will you be selling more arcade cp repro's when u get back?

Yes, though I may be doing them slightly different. More to follow when that happens this fall.

Thanks!
    Followup up question- Is this the correct switch I should purchase to replace the 2 black ones that come with the panzer 3? If not do you know where I can get 2 white ones? Thanks
    vns0Dld.png
    Someone else asked a similar question, but they wouldnt work. I need to see a datasheet to be sure. Most non-cherry switches have an extra "nub" so they wont work.

• RageousXRageousX Joined: Posts: 418
    Yeah, I too would love to get verification on white switches that would work!
    SFV - Mika
    USFIV - Makoto, Evil Ryu
    3rd Strike - Makoto
    UMvC3 - Viper/Dante/Strider
    Tekken 7 - Leo
    edited July 25
    Well if anyone figures it out and can let us know I'd really appreciate it. If anything ill just end up painting the black ones when my panzer 3 arrives so they match the white buttons im going to order.