www.JasensCustoms.com - Panzer Fight Sticks, ADCAP SuperGuns, EZ MODs, and more!

Comments

• butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,573
    What are the chances of scoring a 6 button Vewlix panel for my PFS2?

• Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,353
    butteroj wrote: »
    What are the chances of scoring a 6 button Vewlix panel for my PFS2?

I should have some.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • MuseiMusei Joined: Posts: 13
    edited January 12
    Got any RJ-45 to SNES and RJ-45 to NES cables available yet for sale?
    Musei wrote: »

No. I don't plan on mass manufacturing cables at the moment.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,836
    There are directions on Tech Talk on how to make your own.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • LaMaquinaLaMaquina Joined: Posts: 178
    Finally got artwork printed to go with my new Panzer III.

uDnbdIY.jpg

97A0INB.jpg
    Looks great! Love the FF6 artwork. Not too often do you see non-FGC artwork on sticks.

• LaMaquinaLaMaquina Joined: Posts: 178
    I grew up with Final Fantasy, and VI is the favorite of the bunch. Next favorites are VIII, X, and XII, in no particular order. VII has aged poorly. I'm anxious to see what they do with the re-make.
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 243
    Always loved red on white for sticks dude it looks great.
  • MuseiMusei Joined: Posts: 13

Oh, I heard you were. Well time to go lookin for some who does.

Oh, I heard you were. Well time to go lookin for some who does.

I wanted to but it looks like my NAVY schedule is going to preclude properly doing it. I think Paradise will be working some in the future. Worst case, hit up @Vicko or @Gummo for some tech assists. Im sure their skills will lend themselves to making one off cables or even cable sets pretty easily.

• GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,507
    I sell em for $10+shipping.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
    Just finished cleaning up and getting some stuff organized. As usual, that means I found stuff to list :)

MCZ TE2/TE2+ HitBox panels - Blemished - Available again! http://www.jasenscustoms.com/Madcatz-TE2-Replacement-Panel-Kit--HitBox_p_124.html

Final pieces of the direct (metal printed) VLX Panels. WYSIWYG, $89.95 plus shipping:

16003059_2193059920920018_3343438580906944883_n.jpg?oh=d40314e61293f2c96004a215cf0cb83f&oe=58D954EF

Finally, look what arrived! Panzer 3 Korean Editions!

16174408_2193044627588214_7728766456484387872_n.jpg?oh=041d395db019658b008f82af6a32f676&oe=5921FEF0

Oh... and Panzer 3 Hitbox Editions!
    16114708_2192244677668209_6596706714612746162_n.jpg?oh=96aceeacfa70d06519ced0c3c8007bff&oe=591DBDF2

The new versions of the Panzer will be available shortly. I need to do a manufacturing run of EZ BUILD stuff for the HitBox variant and get the plexis for them both. I expect the Korean Edition to be available within a week or so.

Finally, I teased this on Facebook but its a reality and showing up next week. The Panzer Twin Stick! Two Players, One Panzer! I can't wait to show it off. Not many will be made as they are huge and relatively expensive because of the size and the shear volume of "stuff" they need. I expect to do about 10. More if demand dictates of course. No plexi on top because of the size so I have chosen to do a two tone look (Graphite Gray over Black). Should be pretty awesome!

• ClandestineClandestine Patiently waiting for CvS3 Joined: Posts: 522
    Just finished cleaning up and getting some stuff organized. As usual, that means I found stuff to list :)

MCZ TE2/TE2+ HitBox panels - Blemished - Available again! http://www.jasenscustoms.com/Madcatz-TE2-Replacement-Panel-Kit--HitBox_p_124.html

Just what I've been waiting for! :)
  • bashirkashmiribashirkashmiri Joined: Posts: 56
    @Jasen Hicks that Panzer Twin Stick is naughty! What's the damage saying?
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    Hey Jasen, will you ever offer artwork for your VLX panels if people that bought ever want to change it or was it a one time thing?
    Or know of any places that can offer something durable that you just have to cut yourself?(Some sort of vinyl that you apply your own coating to make it tougher?)
    @Jasen Hicks that Panzer Twin Stick is naughty! What's the damage saying?

Around $400.
    Tensho wrote: »
    Hey Jasen, will you ever offer artwork for your VLX panels if people that bought ever want to change it or was it a one time thing?
    Or know of any places that can offer something durable that you just have to cut yourself?(Some sort of vinyl that you apply your own coating to make it tougher?)

Yes, but not until I can settle down and not deploy as much. Sign shops and car wrapping places could print and laminate vinyl for these easily. Though, they charge market rates and not deflated FGC community rates for their work.

• NaoeShigenNaoeShigen "The Iron Tiger" Joined: Posts: 5
    Hello, Jasen. I have a quick question regarding the TE2+ stick and I figured since you made the EZMOD boards you might know the answer. :D

With regards to the touchpad ribbon cable, which pinout is for TPCLICK?

The pic below shows the touchpad cable as it is attached to the stock TE2+ pcb. From what I can gather it's not pin 7 or 6, since those are TRST and TINT.

TE2+ TouchPad Connection

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Should be TAPD. The others are the Interuppt, Reset, SCL, SDA lines (i.e. processing lines). Then you need 3.3V and GND... so that leaves TAPD=Touch Click.

• NaoeShigenNaoeShigen "The Iron Tiger" Joined: Posts: 5
    Should be TAPD. The others are the Interuppt, Reset, SCL, SDA lines (i.e. processing lines). Then you need 3.3V and GND... so that leaves TAPD=Touch Click.

AWESOME, sir. Thank you very much. Now I'm back on track. Pin #3 it is!
    I appreciate you taking the time. :D
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 518
    @Jasen Hicks or anyone, where can I get a proper sized printout for my Hori VLX Hitbox graphic template? I know it has to be the "sticky" type of graphic right? that peels on? What resource can I go to to get this done? I already have the graphic on the template and ready to go... please let me know. Thanks.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    Check your local sign shop or car decal shop. They can print them pretty easily since thats the same way I do it. Be prepared to pay actual market price though, not the cheap prices common to the FGC. These guys are real pros with real high end equipment ($20K printers vs. my $8K printer).

Check your local sign shop or car decal shop. They can print them pretty easily since thats the same way I do it. Be prepared to pay actual market price though, not the cheap prices common to the FGC. These guys are real pros with real high end equipment ($20K printers vs. my $8K printer).
    What size should I tell them I need? I saved it as a Photoshop PDF file. Like with TE2 I just go into Kinko's and say "print this, actual size on 11x17 paper". What size should I say on the Hori?

"Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    Same. The PSD is full sized.

• airsairs Joined: Posts: 74
    Is there a way to mod a PFS 2.0 to fit a Hori Hayabusa Optical?
    No, unless you chop off one of the mounting posts for the EZ BUILD part of the button board. I do not recommend this.

• Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    airs wrote: »
    Is there a way to mod a PFS 2.0 to fit a Hori Hayabusa Optical?
    No, unless you chop off one of the mounting posts for the EZ BUILD part of the button board. I do not recommend this.

Maybe you could squeeze in a JLF Flash1 or a @Toodles Spark CE in there instead.

#MAS_Preservation_Society
    Breaking Down the Stick - Episode 1 - Qanba USA Drone. Basic Mods: A; Advanced Mods: F. Watch the video below and learn more about the inner workings. Have suggestions for future episodes? Leave a comment!

• Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,216
    Jasen, am I remembering correctly that the original Panzer cases take 6-32 screws? If so, what length would you recommend?
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
    Jasen, am I remembering correctly that the original Panzer cases take 6-32 screws? If so, what length would you recommend?

Correct. Anything 3/4" or longer is more than sufficient. Heck, 1/2" works in a pinch.

• Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,216
    edited January 22

Correct. Anything 3/4" or longer is more than sufficient. Heck, 1/2" works in a pinch.
    Thanks. Felt it was time to order some thumb screws both to spruce things up a bit.

Edit: I already have one of these and I know you carry the Neutrik gaskets but I've found this part to be a nice addition to the case: http://www.neutrik.com/en/accessories/sealing-accessories/scd-w
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 819
    Here's the latest addition to my Panzer Battalion.

Panzer Fight Stick 3.0 Blue case with Brook UFB, Sanwa OBSF-30s upgraded with some very tasty Paradise Arcade OBS-MX switches and Jasen's own custom plungers. Plus a Butteroj blue tiger eye ball top for good measure.

HKHQ6tu.jpg
    aRLrdFK.jpg
    Jasen, when is the Panzer Hitbox gonna release?
  • momo666momo666 Joined: Posts: 53
    Hey @Jasen Hicks --

Just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of what you did with the TE2 EZMOD. Still a day 1 owner of it but I'm super happy with what I got.

I'd like your input (no pun intended) on my PCB though, because I'm not sure if the PCB is faulty or if the harnesses are failing. When I use the Madcatz harness from the Sanwa into the EZMOD, all the directions work except for right (so upright, right, downright are not registered). However, if I use a JLF 5-pin harness from my stick into the Brooks UFB, all the directional inputs are read correctly.

I'm assuming there are two points of failure: the stick to the EZMOD, and the EZMOD to the Brooks UFB. How would I start troubleshooting this? I'd like to streamline my cabling as much as possible.

Attached are pictures of my internals:
    B1dOgiG.jpg
    3j0dk6s.jpg
    Jasen, when is the Panzer Hitbox gonna release?

Pre-orders will start shortly, shipping mid-February. Need to get a bunch of cables made to support the HitBox variant since the EZ BUILD is slightly different for it.
    momo666 wrote: »
    Hey @Jasen Hicks --

Just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of what you did with the TE2 EZMOD. Still a day 1 owner of it but I'm super happy with what I got.

I'd like your input (no pun intended) on my PCB though, because I'm not sure if the PCB is faulty or if the harnesses are failing. When I use the Madcatz harness from the Sanwa into the EZMOD, all the directions work except for right (so upright, right, downright are not registered). However, if I use a JLF 5-pin harness from my stick into the Brooks UFB, all the directional inputs are read correctly.

I'm assuming there are two points of failure: the stick to the EZMOD, and the EZMOD to the Brooks UFB. How would I start troubleshooting this? I'd like to streamline my cabling as much as possible.

First, see if you get continuity between using a multimeter between the pins on the EZ MOD and the Brook UFB screw terminals.

Second, see if you get continuity between the 20P connector on the Brook UFB and the screw terminals.

Third, see if you get continuity between the connector on the EZ MOD where the JLF plugs in and the 20P header on the EZ MOD.

This will test each point along the way. Heck, it could be the MCZ cable!

So with the Panzer, the Hitbox variety I want specifically, you need to install all the internals and buttons right? It's just an outer case shell?
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 819
    I believe there's a system of systems board for the hitbox as well.

16266109_2197078890518121_1368921474663724937_n.jpg?oh=db30e8f7f1df5e54625230d96a19e8ec&oe=59092283
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    That is hella clean sir. Seeing your build makes me want to dust off my hitbox and try to learn this controller again.
    The thumb screws came in...

Kind of wish I could get some black screws for the Neutrik port without having to buy 100x as many as I need.
    If you've got a thumb screw surplus, lemme get some @Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 !!!
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
    @Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 - I have plenty. I can send you some if you cover shipping.