www.JasensCustoms.com - Panzer Fight Sticks, ADCAP SuperGuns, EZ MODs, and more!

Comments

• EldritchOnRyeEldritchOnRye Joined: Posts: 89
    edited May 10
    Positive locking mechanism. Less reliant on friction fit of the USB cable.

Over time it seems that the Neutriks start to fail at an unknown number of plug/unplug cycles.

Makes sense. Is the extra durability that significant a benefit or the comparative fail rate that much higher? On the surface I would think that a cheap, (relatively) common, and standardized part would generally be preferable to a proprietary one even at a higher fail rate when repair/replacement isn't obtrusive.
    PSN: EldritchOnRye
    SFV, Injustice 2 Soon™
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,357
    Positive locking mechanism. Less reliant on friction fit of the USB cable.

Over time it seems that the Neutriks start to fail at an unknown number of plug/unplug cycles.

Makes sense. Is the extra durability that significant a benefit or the comparative fail rate that much higher? On the surface I would think that a cheap, (relatively) common, and standardized part would generally be preferable to a proprietary one even at a higher fail rate when repair/replacement isn't obtrusive.

Its been something requested many times over the years, so yes, I think so.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,336
    Yeah the FGC use the Neutrik (or Switch Craft) USB passthough in a way unintended by the manufacture.
    The mount is a XLR mount, intended for XLR style plugs found on professional grade audio equipment.

1002.jpg
    Example of a XRL port.

The USB connectors we need using was entirely intended to add USB (or RJ45 or what ever) on high end audio equipment, mostly a XRL patch panel.
    QGPK1B440-large.jpg
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 547
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Yeah the FGC use the Neutrik (or Switch Craft) USB passthough in a way unintended by the manufacture.
    The mount is a XLR mount, intended for XLR style plugs found on professional grade audio equipment.

Example of a XRL port.

The USB connectors we need using was entirely intended to add USB (or RJ45 or what ever) on high end audio equipment, mostly a XRL patch panel.

2gvk1nr.gif

"Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    Fight Stick Friday is going to be awesome this week.... I'll be adding two new premium stocked colors: Gunmetal Gray and Pink!

18342434_2274142259478450_8127245623247743266_n.png?oh=7b08825b6600e0ede0c65525c40183b8&oe=59C0935A
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • WallachWallach Joined: Posts: 204
    Yo dang that gunmetal is nice. I don't suppose you'll have those in the hitbox layout... *shifty eyes*
    Wallach wrote: »
    Yo dang that gunmetal is nice. I don't suppose you'll have those in the hitbox layout... *shifty eyes*

I will be offering them all in that color yes. That being said... you case is in production already.

• WallachWallach Joined: Posts: 204
    I will be offering them all in that color yes. That being said... you case is in production already.

I'm always thinking about the next stick, though! :P
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,174

tumblr_npr7aouTjf1st3li6o1_500.gif

I like the cut of your jib :) #SailorQuote

edited May 11
    Better the cut of his jib than the length of his boom :wink:
    If you drop a red Panzer 3 I'm done. If I gotta take out a loan to get the Korean of that I'm doing it.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • EndRantEndRant Joined: Posts: 246
    If you drop a red Panzer 3 I'm done. If I gotta take out a loan to get the Korean of that I'm doing it.

iirc he made limited edition colors for the panzer 3 release. red being one of them.
    That's true. The following were release colors: Graphite, Red, Blue, White, and Black.

Current colors: White, Black, and Panzer Purple.

Colors dropping on Fight Stick Friday (5/12) are Gunmetal and Pink. These will be part of the permanent roster, or until I run out of the powder.

Special color for April WAS Orange Crush.

Special color for May is Aero Yellow (ends 5/31).

Special color for June is: HA! I'm not spoiling it :)

EndRant wrote: »

iirc he made limited edition colors for the panzer 3 release. red being one of them.

I didn't schooled on the Panzer's until about 3 weeks ago when I decided to buy a White Sandex Hitbox one. Damn so that probably means he won't be bringing Red back out again. Maybe a red variant??
    Red is likely going to be a year out, lots of colors in there I want to get out there for folks.

Hey guys, what size are the screws that hold the Panzer 3 closed? I think there's like 8 of em? I broke one on accident messing around with the controller. Please let me know. Thanks.
    6-32.

edited May 13
    Moved to show your arcade stick thread...
    Post edited by VarmintBaby on
    Hey Jasen, will there be any more Korean lever with Noir layout or Sega Layout Hori VLX panels being made again? When could I get something like that? Thanks.
  • ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I wonder if there'll be silver and gold models (not gray and yellow) at some point. Those would be almost impossible to resist. :P
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
    +1 for gold! I'd fight off the wife for one of those!
    jopamo wrote: »
    +1 for gold! I'd fight off the wife for one of those!

LOL.. I know right. I'd be in the dog house for weeks for one of those. "Why did you spend all that money on that thing. You have 4 of them already! I wanna get xyz and I've been saving up blah blah blah"
    giphy.gif
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 318
    edited May 15
    GOLD is best best best! I would love to see some pearl colors
  • RageousXRageousX Joined: Posts: 420
    Just call it the Sovereign Edition.

guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-image-elizabeth-debicki-ayesha.jpg
    SFV - Mika
    USFIV - Makoto, Evil Ryu
    3rd Strike - Makoto
    UMvC3 - Viper/Dante/Strider
    Tekken 7 - Leo
    edited May 15
    Thank you for helping me find my art overlay. Done

Runner up:
    127439-The_Hobbit_The_Desolation_of_Smaug-Smaug-Bilbo_Baggins-dragon-treasure-gold.jpg
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,336
    RageousX wrote: »
    Having Elizabeth Debicki/Ayesha on a stick is not a bad way to go
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Does anyone know what the size hole is for a Korean joystick (ie Myoungshin Fanta, etc) ? I was thinking of getting the panel of my VLX drilled by a shop until I'm ready to spend the money on a Korean Panzer.
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,320
    Does anyone know what the size hole is for a Korean joystick (ie Myoungshin Fanta, etc) ? I was thinking of getting the panel of my VLX drilled by a shop until I'm ready to spend the money on a Korean Panzer.

If your looking to mount traditional Korean stick you need to have 35mm hole for the collar

Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
  • W00P MstR FresHW00P MstR FresH Making stuff is fun Joined: Posts: 824
    I've used a 1 3/8 bit before. Worked great. As close the 35mm as possible.
  • RageousXRageousX Joined: Posts: 420
    I would just be cautious that the mounts match - Fantas are not interchangeable with JLF-type Japanese mounts.
    SFV - Mika
    USFIV - Makoto, Evil Ryu
    3rd Strike - Makoto
    UMvC3 - Viper/Dante/Strider
    Tekken 7 - Leo
  • ClandestineClandestine Patiently waiting for CvS3 Joined: Posts: 525
    RageousX wrote: »
    I would just be cautious that the mounts match - Fantas are not interchangeable with JLF-type Japanese mounts.

You would need to replace the stock plate with the Kowal flat plate converter
    https://www.focusattack.com/kowal-flat-plate-converter/
  • djdigidjdigi Joined: Posts: 66
    Just put my order in for my first Panzer fight stick, I don't think I'll sleep for the next couple weeks. :)
    edited May 18
    Why lose sleep now? You'll surely be staying up nights once it arrives.
  • djdigidjdigi Joined: Posts: 66
    jopamo wrote: »
    Why lose sleep now? You'll surely be staying up nights once it arrives.

Good point!
    djdigi wrote: »
    Just put my order in for my first Panzer fight stick, I don't think I'll sleep for the next couple weeks. :)

Just got everything in the production line moving, hopefully we can beat the 2 week normal turnaround.

Jasen

• LaMaquinaLaMaquina Joined: Posts: 178
    edited May 19
    LaMaquina wrote: »

Last, but certainly not least... I am bringing Aero Yellow to the store for May! Check the Panzer Fight Stick 3 out in this new limited run color here!

Dammit, Jasen - why'd you have to come out with that color!? Now I have to order a second Panzer III!!!

EDIT: Just ordered. I hate you. I really do (no I don't).

And you're gonna like the artwork I have for this colorway!

So here it is:

4f9sFL7.jpg?1
    qxVTyMM.jpg?1
    Post edited by LaMaquina on
    Nice. Did you make new wires to connect to the PS4+ board or did you beat the included ones into submission?

• LaMaquinaLaMaquina Joined: Posts: 178
    Nice. Did you make new wires to connect to the PS4+ board or did you beat the included ones into submission?

PS4 board + Audio had all the wires I needed. No extra wiring or modding needed on my part. I just have extra USB cables now.