www.JasensCustoms.com - Panzer Fight Sticks, ADCAP SuperGuns, EZ MODs, and more!

Comments

• Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,438
    edited November 2017
    JuuseBox wrote: »
    @Jasen Hicks are you out of retro gray hitboxes?

They are up again :)
    @Jasen Hicks Jasen, my Brook UFB died for my Hori VLX EZ Mod setup. Could I get the new PS4 board and have it work with that in the same way? If so how would I do it and where can I get the new config for the PS4 Brook board? Thanks.

The *new* PS4+ board *should* work. You should contact ArcadeShock.com to see if they can sell a UFB/PS4+ board configured for the VLX EZ MOD; be sure to send them your order number for the EZ MOD so they know you are a returning customer.

I'll be doing a second run of custom Jasen's Customs jerseys starting 11.6.2017, btw. Just in case anyone was interested.

23270543_2396432500582758_7871728787077469125_o.png?oh=f72d0afb09f5ff5d84e7a18119168d73&oe=5A6FAF9C
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 686
    @Jasen Hicks I'm interested in the jersey. Is it still $50? thanks for the advice on the PS4 board btw.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    @Jasen Hicks I'm interested in the jersey. Is it still $50? thanks for the advice on the PS4 board btw.

They will be $60 plus shipping this go around. That's still at wholesale cost for doing 10 or more.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • mikeoharamikeohara V.S.O.P.C. Joined: Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    not gonna lie, those jerseys look clean as all get out!
  • ConceptOfSleepConceptOfSleep Joined: Posts: 1
    Love the White Jersey, but those new ones look absolutely amazing! May need to grab one!
    PSN: ConceptOfSleep
    Huge sale tomorrow on PFS3 Lever based Kits to make way for the PFS3i Kits and launch (lever case). Starting at 0630PST all IN STOCK PFS3 Kits go on sale... you will crap when you see how CHEAP these are going to be. No rain checks, no special orders, everything we have on hand that isn't a Hitbox Panzer will be shipping within 2-3 business days generally (except the stuff in the SoCal location from 21 Nov - 1 December when I will be visiting family in Florida). So, if you order it tomorrow there is a good chance it ships on Monday!

• PerkolatorPerkolator sernic berm Joined: Posts: 142
    edited November 2017
    the stars and my wallet finally aligned. Ordered that gloss blue and can't wait for it =)
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,587
    @Jasen Hicks , any thoughts on ever doing a mini-Panzer line of sticks. Something a bit more travel friendly with a Hori Namco-ish footprint?
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • DAyalaDAyala Joined: Posts: 70
    I want a big wide body version!
  • warheadwarhead Joined: Posts: 23
    @Jasen Hicks does the type n te2 replacement panel require the removal of the compartments that hold extra buttons and the tool to fit a JLF normally or am I doing something wrong? If I don’t remove the compartments I can’t get the case to close.
    Yes, it does. The lever is offset to the left to give the extra space between the buttons. The KE and the Sega Version of the panel do not require this.

• warheadwarhead Joined: Posts: 23
    Ok cool, I can live with that I just wanted to make sure I was installing it correctly! Haven’t had a chance to mess around with it too much but the extra space is NICE.
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,687
    it looks like the white pro cable kits have gone out of stock? any chance of those coming back and/or an orange version? thanks!
  • ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2017
    Hi! I received VLX replacement panels with the 8-button Sega Astro City 2P layout a few weeks ago. I intend to keep one on the VLX Kuro and another on the VLX Hayabusa, but even though IMO the VLX Kuro looks fine with the new black metal panel without art (been using it that way), the VLX Hayabusa's looks do suffer a bit of a downgrade, so...

1. For art, the solution is vinyl, correct?
    a) Is there something I should know (e.g., related to applying it)? I really don't have any clue about this subject.

2. I noticed there are art templates for stock VLX panel replicas at http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10745084/#Comment_10745084 , but I've only seen 6-button versions. Are there 8-button ones (one to resemble the stock VLX Kuro panel and another to resemble the stock VLX Hayabusa panel)?

3. Alternatively, is there a VLX panel art gallery to browse and choose art from? (no such artistic skill here :P)

Overall, what should I keep in mind? What are my options?

Thanks!
    Post edited by ShinMagus on
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
    edited November 2017
    ShinMagus wrote: »
    Hi! I received VLX replacement panels with the 8-button Sega Astro City 2P layout a few weeks ago. I intend to keep one on the VLX Kuro and another on the VLX Hayabusa, but even though IMO the VLX Kuro looks fine with the new black metal panel without art (been using it that way), the VLX Hayabusa's looks do suffer a bit of a downgrade, so...

1. For art, the solution is vinyl, correct?
    a) Is there something I should know (e.g., related to applying it)? I really don't have any clue about this subject.

2. I noticed there are art templates for stock VLX panel replicas at http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10745084/#Comment_10745084 , but I've only seen 6-button versions. Are there 8-button ones (one to resemble the stock VLX Kuro panel and another to resemble the stock VLX Hayabusa panel)?

3. Alternatively, is there a VLX panel art gallery to browse and choose art from? (no such artistic skill here :P)

Overall, what should I keep in mind? What are my options?

Thanks!

1.) Yes the solution is vinyl
    a.) just go to a sign shop and give them the image and let them take the dimensions of the panel and they'll make you one. When I did mine, they made some extra black space on 3 sides so trimming it would be easier when applying to the panel.

2.) You don't need art templates, you're going to apply the vinyl after the panel gets measured by the sign shop. You just give them the image you want with nothing on it but the art. When you apply it, you turn the art on it's face with it stuck to the panel and trim out the holes and sides with an exacto knife. That's how I did it. Make sure when applying the vinyl to use a credit card or something to push the air bubbles out as you apply the art so it's nice and flat.

3.) Never heard of one.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for replying! Well, I don't have any art and I like the idea of mimicking the original art.... Hmmm...

PS: how do you apply vinyl? Is it easy to screw up and do irreversible damage to it?
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    Sorry! I’ve been visiting family for the last week.

Layers from ArcadeShock has all the templates to print and cut them; just not sure how soon they will be offering them on the site. I have not used their service but I am told the vinyl is super easy to apply (no application fluid required) and it can be removed and repositioned if it has to be.

As for artwork; it’s all been provided by customers. Nothing “Stock” per se. Maybe @RageousX has some PSDs he can share that looks stick. He did some for the special metal printed runs I did

• Nostromo21Nostromo21 Joined: Posts: 18
    Hi Jasen, i have been checking out the cases, it looks really cool, may i know what will be the difference between PFS3 and PSF3i?
  • ScotchScotch Joined: Posts: 113
    From what Jasen stated from his livestream is that the PSF3i case has added mounting point for the new universal mounting plate, hole is enlarged for korean levers, and the row of start + select buttons etc on the top has been centered.
  • Nostromo21Nostromo21 Joined: Posts: 18
    Scotch wrote: »
    From what Jasen stated from his livestream is that the PSF3i case has added mounting point for the new universal mounting plate, hole is enlarged for korean levers, and the row of start + select buttons etc on the top has been centered.

Thanks Scotch!
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,625

2.) You don't need art templates, you're going to apply the vinyl after the panel gets measured by the sign shop. You just give them the image you want with nothing on it but the art. When you apply it, you turn the art on it's face with it stuck to the panel and trim out the holes and sides with an exacto knife. That's how I did it. Make sure when applying the vinyl to use a credit card or something to push the air bubbles out as you apply the art so it's nice and flat.
    That's not entirely true.
    You might not need a template when you simply have a large picture spanning your panel surface, but templates ARE needed if you want your art to work WITH the joystick buttons: outlines to the joystick- or button-holes, or button-labels, and the like.

Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga

Internal height is greater, right?
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages

You might not need a template when you simply have a large picture spanning your panel surface, but templates ARE needed if you want your art to work WITH the joystick buttons: outlines to the joystick- or button-holes, or button-labels, and the like.

That's how it worked when I did my VLX. I took it to them with the template and they said remove those lines because they can't guarantee where it will come out will line up. Luckily, I had the base image on the same thumb drive. Anyway @Jasen Hicks did I read on Twitter you're going to be carrying the PS4 Audio board specifically for the Panzer? I ordered the one from Arcadeshock in hopes that I can use it with my Panzer. It has a ton of connectors on it. Will it not work? Do I have to buy the one I *think* I saw you mention on Twitter? Lemme know man. Thanks.

Internal height is greater, right?

Yes, its going to be 2.5" total height to accommodate the Korean Lever bodies.

That's how it worked when I did my VLX. I took it to them with the template and they said remove those lines because they can't guarantee where it will come out will line up. Luckily, I had the base image on the same thumb drive. Anyway @Jasen Hicks did I read on Twitter you're going to be carrying the PS4 Audio board specifically for the Panzer? I ordered the one from Arcadeshock in hopes that I can use it with my Panzer. It has a ton of connectors on it. Will it not work? Do I have to buy the one I *think* I saw you mention on Twitter? Lemme know man. Thanks.

I know that at least the mode selector connector (DP/LS/RS) won't work. Can't say the others will either as I know that Brook typically uses "naked" pins vs. housings like I do. Will the wires plug in, yeah, probably. Will they stay put? Doubtful.

@Jasen Hicks Are you going to be offering the Audio board on your site this Friday?
    Yeah, i will have a few up for purchase separate from the PFS3i Kits. I didn't order a ton of them like I do the UFB because I wasn't sure of the demand of them. I have a lot to get done between today and tomorrow night in order to have it all up so it might be delayed a day, but they will be there.

• PerkolatorPerkolator sernic berm Joined: Posts: 142
    @Jasen Hicks hey I just got my panzer all set up and I'm using Arcade Shock's pre-soldered header version of the UFB. I noticed the harness for the TP/L3/R3 faces out toward the wall of the stick and your version goes straight up. I was able to couple the harness for the 3-way LS/RS/d-pad together to make the touchpad part work but was wondering if you had any specific advice for ordering a harness long enough to work? If I have to solder I will but I'll avoid if if I can just grab a different cable.
    Perkolator wrote: »
    @Jasen Hicks hey I just got my panzer all set up and I'm using Arcade Shock's pre-soldered header version of the UFB. I noticed the harness for the TP/L3/R3 faces out toward the wall of the stick and your version goes straight up. I was able to couple the harness for the 3-way LS/RS/d-pad together to make the touchpad part work but was wondering if you had any specific advice for ordering a harness long enough to work? If I have to solder I will but I'll avoid if if I can just grab a different cable.

The harnesses are special made; nobody makes them for the Panzer and presoldered headers from any of the other shops. The included cable should work fine with the way the connector is oriented, it just may be a bit tight.

Jasen

@Jasen Hicks Do you have any plans on making replacement panels for the Hori RAP 4/5 or Razer Panthera. I have a Hori RAP 4 KOF Edition (layout is 5 I believe) and I'd love to be able to put a Hitbox panel in it. It's a waste because I'm not using it because it still has a stick in it. I've fully converted to Hitbox and it sucks not being able to collect controllers because they all, well, use sticks. The two sticks I mentioned are pretty popular and different panels for them would probably sell. Anyway, just a thought. Thanks.
    @Perkolator Do you need this? https://arcadeshock.com/collections/frontpage/products/4-pin-l3-r3-touchpad-harness-cable-for-brook-ufb-ps4-fighting-board-w-audio-version-2-110-female-connectors

I put this in my Panzer that I swapped Arcadeshocks PS4+ Audio board in and it works just fine. It's a tight fit, but it does fit in the port just the cables are snug against the wall of the panzer.
    @Jasen Hicks Do you have any plans on making replacement panels for the Hori RAP 4/5 or Razer Panthera. I have a Hori RAP 4 KOF Edition (layout is 5 I believe) and I'd love to be able to put a Hitbox panel in it. It's a waste because I'm not using it because it still has a stick in it. I've fully converted to Hitbox and it sucks not being able to collect controllers because they all, well, use sticks. The two sticks I mentioned are pretty popular and different panels for them would probably sell. Anyway, just a thought. Thanks.

No, they both have way too much plastic support under the panel that would require cutting and hence making them less robust and the would eventually break. There are a number of issues I see from a support side and based on experience with people not fully reading descriptions and installation guides it would take a lot of time away from supporting my flagship products such as the Panzer and ADCAP. Not all sticks are designed for full modability or advanced mods and the way plastic stick designs are now a days, its even harder.

The latest Panzer Fight Stick build. Super Famicom themed on a Retro Gray Panzer Fight Stick 3i. All Seimitsu Parts and super clean on the inside because of the EZ BUILD setup. I decided to give the PS4+ with Audio Board a whirl in this guy since its now available on my shop and I typically only play on my PS4 :)

25075154_2419420594950615_6304129899159647031_o.jpg?oh=edd9813b4206b931555b62fcabe5f623&oe=5ACA21DB

25182240_2419425151616826_4205344913527177815_o.png?oh=0d7888189442ca371d5ec1d68ab1dda4&oe=5ABBA446

25189008_2419425148283493_998961662674916451_o.jpg?oh=734009c84ca6967fd1945b99d6a1cdb7&oe=5AD54C3A

• Mr_gaijinMr_gaijin Joined: Posts: 3
    @Jasen Hicks Are you going to be adding more purchasing options for the Panzer Hitbox at any time? Like choosing between the Neutrik or the Pro Cable, or changing PCBs?
    I ordered the older Panzer 3 Korean edition a couple of days ago. Pretty cool. $150ish with shipping and insurance. I already have someone making some cool art for me for it. It's gonna be awesome. I'm gonna put a Crown 309 HelpMe in it. I already have a Brook UFB from my Hitbox panzer 3. I swapped that one with the PS4+ audio board. I can't wait for next week!
    Mr_gaijin wrote: »
    @Jasen Hicks Are you going to be adding more purchasing options for the Panzer Hitbox at any time? Like choosing between the Neutrik or the Pro Cable, or changing PCBs?

This weekend; I had a bunch of new colors come in and I want to set the Hitbox listing up like the Panzer 3i.

25398056_2422132628012745_8067334578406555335_o.jpg?oh=4156a2b07cec8cb36ac9e235d78e0279&oe=5ABF320D

25532179_2422132604679414_3562106923510600775_o.png?oh=7b2db48f1e1bcb58b367fb4266c25079&oe=5AD4A54F

25438795_2422132601346081_5601203535828437578_o.png?oh=e7a13058675b22d39cdfec86fbbea8d0&oe=5AC263CD

25398212_2422132631346078_3086777560969209773_o.png?oh=dffa63942baa5a56da59c66c5f45fdc0&oe=5AB98614

25394880_2422132634679411_6841698515704727740_o.png?oh=5dfc3c8fa566cab2c9668d744b12808e&oe=5AB9B4AC

25438815_2422132651346076_5773615657209541879_o.png?oh=5bb577e4421e86cad5d04b50be0cfc12&oe=5ACF7883

• WindyManWindyMan Actually Joined: 12 Years Ago Joined: Posts: 10
    @Jasen Hicks I've committed to eventually getting a Panzer 3i after seeing your latest build videos, which were awesome. But I have some questions for you.

1. I've pre-ordered the Paradise Magenta stick, which I assume you're aware of. Based on what's been discussed, the form factor of the stick is basically like the JLF, but 1/8" deeper. Will that be a problem? In general, how much clearance is there from a standard JLF setup between the bottom of the stick housing and the case bottom?

2. The Magenta is a powered stick, and I saw on the build videos that you have stick connectors for powered and regular sticks all included. That's great, but I was just wondering how easy it would be to connect 5V to the stick independently if your powered connector isn't compatible with the Magenta. (I'd be getting the Brook UFB with it.)

3. The Magenta stick itself has a button, meant to be accessed after opening up the case, to switch between its programmable stick profiles. It also has leads for an external button to do this for cases that aren't easily opened up in the field (like the Panzer) which is something I think I'm going to need access to in some way. Not that you need another button hole on your cases (though it would be nice!), but it does get me wondering. Have you personally, or know of anyone using your cases, had to setup something with the wiring where simultaneous presses on two (or more) different buttons would substitute as a different/unique button press? I don't see why that wouldn't be possible, though I'm just wondering if you have any experience with that kind of thing in regards to your case hardware.

3½. Just generally about the Magenta, since it's looking like it will be something huge in the FGC, I hope your sticks will be Magenta-friendly if they're not already. :)

4. Do you have a template/schematic for the front panel cutout? A plexi insert would be super overkill, so I don't need it for that. But I have some ideas about using vinyl stickers on the front and sides to complete the theme build I'm imagining and having those specs would be a big help.

5. I see that the Panzer 3i recently launched and that historically you've had limited runs of different colors. With the 3i, are you going to be releasing new colors soon? I kind of need a yellow one and I'm okay with waiting, but I'm just wondering what your timeframe is of when we might start seeing more.

Thank you so much!
    If SRK brings back Street Fighter smilies (qRpasbj.gifL2fGBNZ.gif) I'll bring back FinestKO.com. Deal? Deal.
    WindyMan wrote: »
    @Jasen Hicks I've committed to eventually getting a Panzer 3i after seeing your latest build videos, which were awesome. But I have some questions for you.

1. I've pre-ordered the Paradise Magenta stick, which I assume you're aware of. Based on what's been discussed, the form factor of the stick is basically like the JLF, but 1/8" deeper. Will that be a problem? In general, how much clearance is there from a standard JLF setup between the bottom of the stick housing and the case bottom?

2. The Magenta is a powered stick, and I saw on the build videos that you have stick connectors for powered and regular sticks all included. That's great, but I was just wondering how easy it would be to connect 5V to the stick independently if your powered connector isn't compatible with the Magenta. (I'd be getting the Brook UFB with it.)

3. The Magenta stick itself has a button, meant to be accessed after opening up the case, to switch between its programmable stick profiles. It also has leads for an external button to do this for cases that aren't easily opened up in the field (like the Panzer) which is something I think I'm going to need access to in some way. Not that you need another button hole on your cases (though it would be nice!), but it does get me wondering. Have you personally, or know of anyone using your cases, had to setup something with the wiring where simultaneous presses on two (or more) different buttons would substitute as a different/unique button press? I don't see why that wouldn't be possible, though I'm just wondering if you have any experience with that kind of thing in regards to your case hardware.

3½. Just generally about the Magenta, since it's looking like it will be something huge in the FGC, I hope your sticks will be Magenta-friendly if they're not already. :)

4. Do you have a template/schematic for the front panel cutout? A plexi insert would be super overkill, so I don't need it for that. But I have some ideas about using vinyl stickers on the front and sides to complete the theme build I'm imagining and having those specs would be a big help.

5. I see that the Panzer 3i recently launched and that historically you've had limited runs of different colors. With the 3i, are you going to be releasing new colors soon? I kind of need a yellow one and I'm okay with waiting, but I'm just wondering what your timeframe is of when we might start seeing more.

Thank you so much!

1. It will fit. The Panzer 3i is 2.5" tall. It fits Korean levers, so Magenta and every other lever should be fine.

2. Just cut the 5V line and route it to wherever you need. Its the 5V wire.

3. It would require some sort of controller board do this. The PFS3i does not support this function on its own. You could just wire one of the front buttons to the lever instead of L3 or R3 though.

3.5. They are. The Magenta will fit.

4. No. This is not available.

5. Yellow will not be making a come back as a special color run. Only 3-4 sold overall, so it wasn't worth the effort to make them available. Hit me up offline and Ill see what I can do for you as a one off.

Vegeta gets his turn :)

25532051_2425218171037524_182307135925151466_o.png?oh=df45986afa0dcc16ebd68e1b740fb33b&oe=5AFEBEB0

25532210_2425218167704191_770624374781538895_o.jpg?oh=c48f56f517a61db69eced70980d71753&oe=5AC3C1B6

25627039_2425218154370859_5798998972811038152_o.png?oh=c8d85111d63a175b746dbc16450172b6&oe=5AC5C56C

25532257_2425218157704192_3406690930485556778_o.png?oh=3eecb416a2ca8148c85c3c86e8e51ca3&oe=5AB7B68E