Official USFIV/GGXrd/P4U TE2 Thread

d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPITJoined: Posts: 36,368 mod
edited January 2015 in Tech Talk
New thread since the old "leak" thread didn't seem like it was off to a good start.

USFIV_TE2_622x320.jpg

http://madcatz.com/mad-catz-brings-the-fight-home-with-ultra-street-fighter-iv-products/

http://shoryuken.com/2014/06/04/mad-catz-announces-ultra-street-fighter-iv-arcade-fightstick-tournament-edition-2/

What we know:
-TE 2 case (most likely the updated case from the "unbranded" TE2)
-Sanwa parts
-USFIV art
-2 versions, XBox 360 and PlayStation 3/4 version
-360 version has red sides
-PS3/PS4 version has blue sides
-PS3/PS4 version has a toggle switch to select consoles, like the HRAP.V4
-Coming in August

Post edited by d3v on
You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
-Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
-PersiaXO

Comments

• kombatmedikkombatmedik Joined: Posts: 129
    Looks like I found my 3rd stick. I need the PS3/PS4 one in my life.
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346
    edited June 2014
    My only hope is that the PS4 PCB is common ground.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,368 mod
    edited June 2014
    Hopefully we'll get to review these. *ehem* @MarkMan *ehem*
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • sainrubsainrub Joined: Posts: 16
    Looking forward to seeing more custom artwork for the TE2, just picked up a KI stick and super stoked!
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    I liked what I saw of the TE2 stick. A few drawbacks though, like the plexi top not being snug under the buttons but instead, hovering around the rims. Plus, the lid not popping open, but feeling kinda "meh" when you press the button. Otherwise, I felt it was a huge step forward over previous MadCatz designs.

Hopefully, these ease a few of those issues.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,779
    It's cuz USF4 will be ported to PS4 with cross-play.
  • DrWormDrWorm Joined: Posts: 10
    Wait why does the PS3 stick have PS4 compatibility but the 360 stick doesn't have Xbox One compatibilty? I would think that would be possible since you guys already have an xbox one stick anyways. What's stopping you guys from doing it?
    DrWorm wrote: »
    Wait why does the PS3 stick have PS4 compatibility but the 360 stick doesn't have Xbox One compatibilty? I would think that would be possible since you guys already have an xbox one stick anyways. What's stopping you guys from doing it?

A2FGG0L.jpg
    No USFIV for the PS4 neither unless MarkMan confirmed something for us by accident.
    There's the Hadouken Cabs video too, but yeah nothing confirmed.
    Yeah, I want to see what's up with that Hadouken Cabs. What if it's USF4 Turbo? Like, 1080p, 120 fps, 25% faster....
    I totally forgot about the Hadouken Cabs thing. I wonder if it's just another throwaway video like "Darkstalkers are not dead."
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,642
    Moonchilde wrote: »
    A few drawbacks though, like the plexi top not being snug under the buttons but instead, hovering around the rims.

this is something I might have a solution for, once get the local panel/plexi maker, B-Boy Tekken, to get some stuff done for me :)
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, the solution is use a set of screw in buttons with a new plexi panel, lol. Probrem solved.
    MarkMan wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll get to review these. *ehem* @MarkMan *ehem*

If you're willing to review it at SEAM 2014. I'll give you/SRK a first crack for an exclusive. Then I'll send you one packaged later.
    Sure thing. Let's continue this over email.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    Because Hori is doing it and they don't want to get upstaged.

Also, it's most likely that Sony is encouraging this for new peripherals, unlike MS.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • Sith_ProbeSith_Probe Joined: Posts: 38
    edited June 2014
    I must admit I'm really excited for this stick. My understanding is PS3/PS4 will release in August in Japan first? Hmmm.

I've always liked my Hori stick but maybe it's time I stepped up to the plate for next gen. I had a chance to get my hands on my a Madcatz Stick, this week (not a lot of people have sticks where I live) and I was impressed with the quality of the case. And that was just a VS.
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,642
    edited June 2014
    Moonchilde wrote: »
    Yeah, the solution is use a set of screw in buttons with a new plexi panel, lol. Probrem solved.
    i was thinking more of making washer-like spacers out of plexi, same thickness of the default plexi. same diameter of the default plexi hole, and ofc 30mm hole inside. so that your buttons dont look "sunken in" you put it inbetween the button and the panel. so you can still have the "i can replace my artwork w/o removing shit" thing still in mind.

i was thinking more of making washer-like spacers out of plexi, same thickness of the default plexi. same diameter of the default plexi hole, and ofc 30mm hole inside. so that your buttons dont look "sunken in" you put it inbetween the button and the panel. so you can still have the "i can replace my artwork w/o removing shit" thing still in mind.

Oh, it's not the appearance that's bothersome. It's the fact you feel the plexi give a bit as you press down on it. It doesn't feel sturdy at all, not like if the buttons are mounted above the plexi and helping keep the plexi down.
    They already come with that. The buttons only look sunk in if you leave them out.

My friend's KI TE2 does not have that. If that's changed then good, but I still wonder about the plexi giving in as you touch it.
  • RoddyRoddy Count Blankula Joined: Posts: 112
    Yes! I have been looking for stick here in Japan, but didn't want to buy Hori's because I don't like the HRAP case.
  • therooktherook I Challenge My Fate! Joined: Posts: 3,458
    I'm really interested in this stick...hopefully it isn't a limited time deal....I want to be able to get one in the near future.
    SFIV: Guy, Cody, E.Ryu, Poison.
    Gundam Extreme: Wing Zero(TV)
    Tekken: Lili, Asuka, A.King, Julia/Jaycee, Kunimitsu.
    SC: Taki/Natsu
    VF5FS: Eileen, El Blaze, Aoi.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,836
    I totally forgot about the Hadouken Cabs thing. I wonder if it's just another throwaway video like "Darkstalkers are not dead."
    Because Xbox hates video games. They are an App and entertainment appliance first.
    iNENDOi wrote: »
    My only hope is that the PS4 PCB is common ground.
    Same.
    -360 version has red sides
    -PS3/PS4 version has blue sides
    They need to make alternate color sides for the TE2
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Yeah, the blue sides kinda make it look toyish.
  • therooktherook I Challenge My Fate! Joined: Posts: 3,458
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114805768&postcount=72

Markman mentioned that you can customize the side panels so that coolz.
    SFIV: Guy, Cody, E.Ryu, Poison.
    Gundam Extreme: Wing Zero(TV)
    Tekken: Lili, Asuka, A.King, Julia/Jaycee, Kunimitsu.
    SC: Taki/Natsu
    VF5FS: Eileen, El Blaze, Aoi.
    Roddy wrote: »
    Eff that noise. I actually like the blue sides better than the red.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • AxenotgoodAxenotgood Joined: Posts: 6
    I play on Xbox so I was disappointed to see the blue sides where only for PlayStation

I don't know. I would probably get new black sides for it if they make them.
    I'm actually a little disappointed that the Xbox version doesn't have green sides. That way, the green matches MS, and the blue matches Sony.
    I'm guessing that since they chose Red for the initial XBox One version, they'd just stick to that.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • KunikuKuniku Joined: Posts: 351
    edited June 2014
    I'll plan on getting one once I've got my PS4 (and of course once Ultra is out on it) Will add my custom artwork, probably the same as my current stick, but the Blue won't go with it in the slighests, so might have to get the masking tape out and spray the sides black...

also I'm used to the Noir layout from my current stick, so might see if I can work out a way to convert it to that if I don't get on with the different feel (assuming its the standard set up)
  • EvolderekEvolderek Joined: Posts: 112
    Im really digging these. When I get one I don't see myself changing anything on it. really liking the blue on the PS3/4 version.
  • lostweaponlostweapon Shoto Scrub Joined: Posts: 98
    prolly should have waited till e3 to announce this. most people are aware already there is a ps4 port coming with cross play ability though between the ps3.
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,477

It's simply because the PS3 is open, so a PS4 peripheral will work on the system just fine (like the dual shock 4). The little slider just swaps some information being sent but it's not a huge change. XB1/360 operate with independent securities, so a little swap won't work.

Think of it like low hanging fruit for the PS4 peripherals. That's really all it is. "zomg it works on both" is just a marketing thing.
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,836
    lostweapon wrote: »
    prolly should have waited till e3 to announce this. most people are aware already there is a ps4 port coming with cross play ability though between the ps3.
    Or this is just the tip of the ice burg, and the E3 announcement will incorporate this onto something bugger /More hype.
    The new Hori Hrap V4 is the same way, there a switch for PS3 & PS4 modes. The PS4 Dual Shock works with basic functions on the PS3.
    Like like what Phreakazoid said, you swap some info around and turn on the PS4 security chip to allow for PS4 play.

"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    @MarkMan‌, aren't there spacer rings that make the button level with the plexi that come with every TE2?
  • MarkManMarkMan BRAND & COMMUNITY ADVISOR FOR TEKKEN | EVO BIZ DEV | ? ? ? Joined: Posts: 5,164 mod

We can't do it. We've asked Microsoft in the past if we could. Just not something that is available for us to implement at this time. Sorry :(
    iNENDOi wrote: »
    @MarkMan‌, aren't there spacer rings that make the button level with the plexi that come with every TE2?

Yes. They come pre-attached to the buttons.
    lostweapon wrote: »

No there isn't lol.
    edited June 2014
    MarkMan wrote: »
    We can't do it. We've asked Microsoft in the past if we could. Just not something that is available for us to implement at this time. Sorry :(

That's cool, thanks for the official response. I hope you guys sell some purple sides to match the darkstalkers art I'm going to slap into it as soon as I get it.