Official USFIV/GGXrd/P4U TE2 Thread

Comments

• TRiXWoNTRiXWoN Solder Soldier in the 6 Button Army Joined: Posts: 1,070
    MarkMan wrote: »
    "@B-boy Tekken"‌ & @arthong‌ both make solutions if you don't like the default mad catz one. Art Hong makes awesome panels, like the ones I used in my series of vids here:

And B-boy Tekken makes actual metal panels/plexi solutions too. Want Noir now and don't want to wait? Hit them up.

Art doesn't make plexi for the TE2 yet does he? I have been watching for an art print&cut and plexi from him since I got my KI TE2.
    ::Mod till your heart's content::
  • lostweaponlostweapon Shoto Scrub Joined: Posts: 98
    edited June 2014
    DrWorm wrote: »
    Wait why does the PS3 stick have PS4 compatibility but the 360 stick doesn't have Xbox One compatibilty? I would think that would be possible since you guys already have an xbox one stick anyways. What's stopping you guys from doing it?

We can't do it. We've asked Microsoft in the past if we could. Just not something that is available for us to implement at this time. Sorry :(
    iNENDOi wrote: »
    @MarkMan‌, aren't there spacer rings that make the button level with the plexi that come with every TE2?

Yes. They come pre-attached to the buttons.
    lostweapon wrote: »
    prolly should have waited till e3 to announce this. most people are aware already there is a ps4 port coming with cross play ability though between the ps3.

No there isn't lol.

Yes there is. Lies.

shoryuken.com/2014/06/09/playstation-now-beta-opens-in-north-america-on-july-31-ultra-street-fighter-iv-included-in-early-lineup/
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,106 mod
    lostweapon wrote: »

Having it on PlayStation Now is different from there being an actual PlayStation 4 port.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • B-boy TekkenB-boy Tekken AMP Up Customs Joined: Posts: 471
    TRiXWoN wrote: »
    "@B-boy Tekken"‌ & @arthong‌ both make solutions if you don't like the default mad catz one. Art Hong makes awesome panels, like the ones I used in my series of vids here:

And B-boy Tekken makes actual metal panels/plexi solutions too. Want Noir now and don't want to wait? Hit them up.

Art doesn't make plexi for the TE2 yet does he? I have been watching for an art print&cut and plexi from him since I got my KI TE2.

I offer lexan, metal replacement panels for the te2.
    TRiXWoN wrote: »

I offer lexan, metal replacement panels for the te2.

Im mostly interested in the art print and cut since he laser cuts with button inserts. It comes out perfect and the prints are nice, especially nice since I don't have to deal with Kinkos and "copyright" issues even on fanart and stuff I'm not reselling.
  • Psykomantis00Psykomantis00 Joined: Posts: 29
    Any idea when the xbox 1 sticks will be in stock?
    Any idea when the xbox 1 sticks will be in stock?

Wrong thread as there is no XBox One version of the Ultra TE2.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,560
    Apologies for the necro, but was a North American release ever announced for this stick?
  • GenKaanGenKaan Joined: Posts: 68
    Looks nice and Im looking for a new stick, will this one be easy to open?
    Seems like all my Mad Catz sticks has come with screws made out of butter, most of them wear down after a few openings...
    Would love to see a Atrox style opening
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,422
    GenKaan wrote: »
    Looks nice and Im looking for a new stick, will this one be easy to open?
    Seems like all my Mad Catz sticks has come with screws made out of butter, most of them wear down after a few openings...
    Would love to see a Atrox style opening

The TE2 opens like the Atrox. http://store.madcatz.com/categories/fightsticks-category/Mad-Catz-Arcade-FightStick-Tournament-Edition-2-for-Xbox-One.html
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • kombatmedikkombatmedik Joined: Posts: 129
    Still no word on the US release date?
  • 1man3letters1man3letters Joined: Posts: 4
    waiting on EU release date...i need a ps4 TE2 in my hands before MKX is out. hopefully well before.
  • MarkManMarkMan BRAND & COMMUNITY ADVISOR FOR TEKKEN | EVO BIZ DEV | ? ? ? Joined: Posts: 5,164 mod
    Sorry guys, no update but we'll have one very soon.
  • VonologicVonologic Joined: Posts: 52
    http://madcatz.com/tournament/

Guess they'll announce stuff about the stick at that time. Sucks, I was hoping it would be out before then :(
    USF4 [PC] - Guile/Evil Ryu
    GGXRD [PS4] - Ky Kiske

Don't call me a pussy just because you keep walking into my backfist.

TOP SECRET GUIDE TO GETTING BETTER
  • MarkManMarkMan BRAND & COMMUNITY ADVISOR FOR TEKKEN | EVO BIZ DEV | ? ? ? Joined: Posts: 5,164 mod
    I have some good news coming, I wish I could spill the beans now, but I can't... yet.
  • RoddyRoddy Count Blankula Joined: Posts: 112
    I was so hyped because I was going to get my USFIV stick this Friday, but the typhoon near Taiwan apparently delayed the shipments to Japan... Damn.
    So is there anyway I can import the stick now that its out in Japan? I need this ASAP...unless MarkMan reveals NA availability very very soon, which unfortunately I doubt =/
    GGXRD [PS4] - Ky Kiske

We should have our review of this out sometime soon.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,422
    Is there even anything worth playing with a stick on ps4 yet?
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
    Is there even anything worth playing with a stick on ps4 yet?

It's more of an investment if anything right now, since the only fighter out really is Injustice. Similar to Xbox One with Killer Instinct.

A lot of games are coming though, starting with Skullgirls, MKX, and Guilty Gear
    GGXRD [PS4] - Ky Kiske

edited August 2014
    Really hoping the Persona version comes out soon as well; hopefully not too long after the USFIV version eventually comes West. Having them both come out at the same time would be pretty much ideal.
    Has it been confirmed yet whether it's common ground?
    Roddy wrote: »
    My stick is finally here! I can say that the pictures don't do justice. The stick is nothing short from beautiful. It's quite heavy, comfortable and feels great. I took some pictures but sadly I don't have a proper screwdriver to show the board... (I tried, but the ones I have here are to big).

http://imgur.com/a/1xvWC

Let's all take a moment to appreciate the box that it comes in. Shit looks great imo.
    My stick is finally here! I can say that the pictures don't do justice. The stick is nothing short from beautiful. It's quite heavy, comfortable and feels great. I took some pictures but sadly I don't have a proper screwdriver to show the board... (I tried, but the ones I have here are to big).

If I said I was jealous, it'd be an understatement O_O

I'm almost ready to just import it from Japan, I want it that bad. Please bless us with amazing news soon based Markman
    GGXRD [PS4] - Ky Kiske

• FlyingPandaFlyingPanda Joined: Posts: 26
    @Roddy‌ have you tried connecting the ps3/ps4 stick to a pc yet?
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,344

Awesome. Can you tell us if that PCB is CG?

• RoddyRoddy Count Blankula Joined: Posts: 112
    @SHSL_Street_Fighter‌ @NENDO‌

Ok, I got some screwdrivers and got a picture of the PCB. Since I'm completely clueless about electronics I didn't disconnect most harnesses, soooo it's not the best photo, but I hope it helps. Also updated my original post.

xnFG6h8.jpg

@FlyingPanda‌

After I plugged, the drivers installed automatically and it worked fine with MAME (PS3 Mode, DP)

• Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,185
    Looks beautiful. But... Common ground? XD
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,477
    Raij1n wrote: »
    Looks beautiful. But... Common ground? XD

Pretty sure it is after an initial investigation the guys and I did at EVO. It's why I recommend picking up the PS4 variant if you have to choose.
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
    Hmmm looks like I might be selling an empty TE2 case after these come out here.
  • InvaderTAKInvaderTAK Stick Modding and Fighting Game Newb Joined: Posts: 31
    What I'd love to do is mod a PS3/PS4 TE2 with the PS360+ so the stick goes to that when flipped to PS3 while keeping the original PS4 functionality intact. I imagine that'd take soldiering which I really need to learn. I also figure that might require drilling a hole in the TE2 case for an RJ45 passthrough so I can use the PS360+ on Dreamcast, PS1/PS2 (whenever Akishop fixes that) and whatever other older systems end up supported.
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,453
    InvaderTAK wrote: »
    What I'd love to do is mod a PS3/PS4 TE2 with the PS360+ so the stick goes to that when flipped to PS3 while keeping the original PS4 functionality intact. I imagine that'd take soldiering which I really need to learn. I also figure that might require drilling a hole in the TE2 case for an RJ45 passthrough so I can use the PS360+ on Dreamcast, PS1/PS2 (whenever Akishop fixes that) and whatever other older systems end up supported.
    I'm really doubtful that'll actually work the way you're thinking.
    As far as I know, the stock TE2 innards isn't 2 separate PCBs (one for PS3 and one for PS4) with a selector of sorts; I'd be very surprised if you could remove and replace the PS3 functionality without repercussions on the PS4 side. At least, not with just soldering.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • InvaderTAKInvaderTAK Stick Modding and Fighting Game Newb Joined: Posts: 31
    InvaderTAK wrote: »
    I'm really doubtful that'll actually work the way you're thinking.
    As far as I know, the stock TE2 innards isn't 2 separate PCBs (one for PS3 and one for PS4) with a selector of sorts; I'd be very surprised if you could remove and replace the PS3 functionality without repercussions on the PS4 side. At least, not with just soldering.

I 'm not too surprised. Eh, it's not much of a loss. I'm getting a PS3/PS4 TE2 regardless because of the PS360+ PS4 limitations.

Hey @MarkMan, any word on those assorted TE2 side colors?
    What exactly does a common ground PCB mean? What does it limit/allow (sorry, new around here).
    GGXRD [PS4] - Ky Kiske

Vonologic wrote: »
    What exactly does a common ground PCB mean? What does it limit/allow (sorry, new around here).

Casually directs you to slagcoin

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_wiring.html
    The range of parts and accessories will hopefully make their debut soon.

Also, thanks for the pics/gallery Roddy!

Just another 16 hours for whatever this thing is. Hopefully it's the news we're expecting or perhaps something even greater ;3
    edited August 2014

Just another 16 hours for whatever this thing is. Hopefully it's the news we're expecting or perhaps something even greater ;3

http://madcatz.com/mad-catz-heads-gamescom-2014/

"First of all, we’re pleased to announce that Mad Catz will be sponsoring the ESL One Cologne 2014 Counter-Strike Global Offensive Championship...To celebrate our sponsorship, we’re also planning on unveiling some incredible new tournament hardware."

Really hoping we see some fightsticks and not just CS:GO related products like mice + keyboards...but we'll see. Tomorrow is most likely the day I decide to wait for NA release or import from Japan. Please come through Madcatz. :[
    GGXRD [PS4] - Ky Kiske

• LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 253
    This page will never load...
    twitch.tv/lleg3nd
  • EvolderekEvolderek Joined: Posts: 111
    edited August 2014
    .....And no fightsticks :(
    edited August 2014
    Keyboards and mice :/
  • AnhVuDoAnhVuDo Joined: Posts: 190
    So much for that...
  • FlyingPandaFlyingPanda Joined: Posts: 26
    A mechanical keyboard and 2 high DPI mice. Kind of boring, a good move business wise but boring.
    Also, Markman, what is with the mouse designs? They look like evil Lego. The designs are pretty ugly.
  • USB_ConnectorUSB_Connector USB device not recognized Joined: Posts: 100
    Didn't the announcement say stick on it?
    Sigh, underwhelming GamesCon and an even more underwhelming Madcatz announcement.

GG WP
    GGXRD [PS4] - Ky Kiske

Didn't the announcement say stick on it?

nope

and sorry guys, im waiting for approvals for more info but we are in that waiting limbo.