Official USFIV/GGXrd/P4U TE2 Thread

Comments

• MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    MarkMan wrote: »
    [
    iNENDOi wrote: »
    @MarkMan‌, aren't there spacer rings that make the button level with the plexi that come with every TE2?

Yes. They come pre-attached to the buttons.

I'm going to my friend's house later tonight. I will check then if he has spacers on his KI TE2 or not.
  • KrnlKrazyKrnlKrazy The Hot Headed Ego Manic Joined: Posts: 3
    I just spent like 100 bucks on a TE Round 2... Plus I gotta finish modding it and getting art on it...
    ARG! I will end up needing a PS4 stick but god 200 bucks. Wait to see about the PS4 PCB.
    yBF4jMl.gif
    Wanna Fight?
  • LockedAndClushLockedAndClush Run on, girl. Run on. Joined: Posts: 49
    While the visual design isn't really my thing, the technical side seems amazing. Still, I'm happy with my PS3 Fightstick Pro, so this will have to wait untill I get a PS4 (and more than one fighting game worth a while on it). Plus, looking at the XONE TE2, the price is waaay to much for me.
    The sickest Dragon Install in the country
    https://twitter.com/lockedandclush
    I did see that the buttons were spaced. Still, with the plexi not resting flat on the panel, and giving as you press on it, the buttons have a sunken look to them regardless.
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346
    Bboy Tekken panel it is then, @Moonchilde. Thanks for checking that out. Never had my hands on one myself.
    That's the idea. My friend is going to get a new plexi, too.
  • xpulsexpulse Ice Ice Baby... Joined: Posts: 372
    Argh, I was hoping they'd go back to the drawing board for the placement of the Vewlix setup. It's not quite "centered" for the hands. TE R1 through the VS line had it perfect. This is great for table use, but I notice execution errors whenever I mess with a stick/button setup that's not centered during lap use.
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightning?"
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,689 mod
    Moonchilde wrote: »
    I did see that the buttons were spaced. Still, with the plexi not resting flat on the panel, and giving as you press on it, the buttons have a sunken look to them regardless.
    Well that's the price you pay when doing a design where you can take the plexi panel out without having to remove the buttons.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • MarkManMarkMan BRAND & COMMUNITY ADVISOR FOR TEKKEN | EVO BIZ DEV | ? ? ? Joined: Posts: 5,164 mod
    edited June 2014
    "@B-boy Tekken"‌ & @arthong‌ both make solutions if you don't like the default mad catz one. Art Hong makes awesome panels, like the ones I used in my series of vids here:

And B-boy Tekken makes actual metal panels/plexi solutions too. Want Noir now and don't want to wait? Hit them up.
  • TRiXWoNTRiXWoN Solder Soldier in the 6 Button Army Joined: Posts: 1,070
    "@B-boy Tekken"‌ & @arthong‌ both make solutions if you don't like the default mad catz one. Art Hong makes awesome panels, like the ones I used in my series of vids here:

And B-boy Tekken makes actual metal panels/plexi solutions too. Want Noir now and don't want to wait? Hit them up.

Art doesn't make plexi for the TE2 yet does he? I have been watching for an art print&cut and plexi from him since I got my KI TE2.
    ::Mod till your heart's content::
  • lostweaponlostweapon Shoto Scrub Joined: Posts: 98
    edited June 2014
    DrWorm wrote: »
    Wait why does the PS3 stick have PS4 compatibility but the 360 stick doesn't have Xbox One compatibilty? I would think that would be possible since you guys already have an xbox one stick anyways. What's stopping you guys from doing it?

We can't do it. We've asked Microsoft in the past if we could. Just not something that is available for us to implement at this time. Sorry :(
    iNENDOi wrote: »
    @MarkMan‌, aren't there spacer rings that make the button level with the plexi that come with every TE2?

Yes. They come pre-attached to the buttons.
    lostweapon wrote: »
    prolly should have waited till e3 to announce this. most people are aware already there is a ps4 port coming with cross play ability though between the ps3.

No there isn't lol.

Yes there is. Lies.

shoryuken.com/2014/06/09/playstation-now-beta-opens-in-north-america-on-july-31-ultra-street-fighter-iv-included-in-early-lineup/
    lostweapon wrote: »

Having it on PlayStation Now is different from there being an actual PlayStation 4 port.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • B-boy TekkenB-boy Tekken AMP Up Customs Joined: Posts: 471
    TRiXWoN wrote: »

Art doesn't make plexi for the TE2 yet does he? I have been watching for an art print&cut and plexi from him since I got my KI TE2.

I offer lexan, metal replacement panels for the te2.
  • TRiXWoNTRiXWoN Solder Soldier in the 6 Button Army Joined: Posts: 1,070
    TRiXWoN wrote: »

I offer lexan, metal replacement panels for the te2.

Im mostly interested in the art print and cut since he laser cuts with button inserts. It comes out perfect and the prints are nice, especially nice since I don't have to deal with Kinkos and "copyright" issues even on fanart and stuff I'm not reselling.
    ::Mod till your heart's content::
  • Psykomantis00Psykomantis00 Joined: Posts: 29
    Any idea when the xbox 1 sticks will be in stock?
    Any idea when the xbox 1 sticks will be in stock?

Wrong thread as there is no XBox One version of the Ultra TE2.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,602
    Apologies for the necro, but was a North American release ever announced for this stick?
  • GenKaanGenKaan Joined: Posts: 68
    Looks nice and Im looking for a new stick, will this one be easy to open?
    Seems like all my Mad Catz sticks has come with screws made out of butter, most of them wear down after a few openings...
    Would love to see a Atrox style opening
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,450
    GenKaan wrote: »
    Looks nice and Im looking for a new stick, will this one be easy to open?
    Seems like all my Mad Catz sticks has come with screws made out of butter, most of them wear down after a few openings...
    Would love to see a Atrox style opening

The TE2 opens like the Atrox. http://store.madcatz.com/categories/fightsticks-category/Mad-Catz-Arcade-FightStick-Tournament-Edition-2-for-Xbox-One.html
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • kombatmedikkombatmedik Joined: Posts: 129
    Still no word on the US release date?
  • 1man3letters1man3letters Joined: Posts: 4
    waiting on EU release date...i need a ps4 TE2 in my hands before MKX is out. hopefully well before.
  • MarkManMarkMan BRAND & COMMUNITY ADVISOR FOR TEKKEN | EVO BIZ DEV | ? ? ? Joined: Posts: 5,164 mod
    Sorry guys, no update but we'll have one very soon.
  • VonologicVonologic Joined: Posts: 52
    http://madcatz.com/tournament/

Guess they'll announce stuff about the stick at that time. Sucks, I was hoping it would be out before then :(
    USF4 [PC] - Guile/Evil Ryu
    GGXRD [PS4] - Ky Kiske

Don't call me a pussy just because you keep walking into my backfist.

TOP SECRET GUIDE TO GETTING BETTER
    I have some good news coming, I wish I could spill the beans now, but I can't... yet.
  • RoddyRoddy Count Blankula Joined: Posts: 112
    I was so hyped because I was going to get my USFIV stick this Friday, but the typhoon near Taiwan apparently delayed the shipments to Japan... Damn.
    So is there anyway I can import the stick now that its out in Japan? I need this ASAP...unless MarkMan reveals NA availability very very soon, which unfortunately I doubt =/
    GGXRD [PS4] - Ky Kiske

We should have our review of this out sometime soon.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,450
    Is there even anything worth playing with a stick on ps4 yet?
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
    Is there even anything worth playing with a stick on ps4 yet?

It's more of an investment if anything right now, since the only fighter out really is Injustice. Similar to Xbox One with Killer Instinct.

A lot of games are coming though, starting with Skullgirls, MKX, and Guilty Gear
    GGXRD [PS4] - Ky Kiske

edited August 2014
    Really hoping the Persona version comes out soon as well; hopefully not too long after the USFIV version eventually comes West. Having them both come out at the same time would be pretty much ideal.
    Has it been confirmed yet whether it's common ground?
    Roddy wrote: »
    My stick is finally here! I can say that the pictures don't do justice. The stick is nothing short from beautiful. It's quite heavy, comfortable and feels great. I took some pictures but sadly I don't have a proper screwdriver to show the board... (I tried, but the ones I have here are to big).

http://imgur.com/a/1xvWC

Let's all take a moment to appreciate the box that it comes in. Shit looks great imo.
    My stick is finally here! I can say that the pictures don't do justice. The stick is nothing short from beautiful. It's quite heavy, comfortable and feels great. I took some pictures but sadly I don't have a proper screwdriver to show the board... (I tried, but the ones I have here are to big).

If I said I was jealous, it'd be an understatement O_O

I'm almost ready to just import it from Japan, I want it that bad. Please bless us with amazing news soon based Markman
    GGXRD [PS4] - Ky Kiske

• FlyingPandaFlyingPanda Joined: Posts: 26
    @Roddy‌ have you tried connecting the ps3/ps4 stick to a pc yet?
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346

Awesome. Can you tell us if that PCB is CG?