Official USFIV/GGXrd/P4U TE2 Thread

Comments

• Surge101Surge101 Joined: Posts: 115
    Just looked at mine and it doesn't sit flush either... Not really a big deal, but what does kind of annoy me is that when you push on it you can feel it go down to flush. The messed up foam out of the box probably annoys me more though. These are little things though i'll probably get over once it's not new anymore.
  • TurboGuardTurboGuard Joined: Posts: 2
    I've come across a new problem that I wasn't expecting...my arm hairs are getting caught in between the bezels that hold the plexi on! Ouch!
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,468
    That happens to me too. I either play while wearing something long-sleeved (it's cold in Canada atm anyway even if we have no snow) or I shave my arms when my arm starts turning into a jungle.
  • JMroJMro Joined: Posts: 279
    @Surge101 yeah my foam was a bit messed up as well.

@SHSL_Street_Fighter What screws on the hinges do I loosen to make the top sit flush a picture would be great help.

The hinges are in red, you need to use a small wrench to loosen them. It is much easier if you remove the top panel by unscrewing the 6 screws in green, and then loosening the nuts.

awKxPl1.jpg

• SaveFightingSaveFighting Games & Pussy..Cats Joined: Posts: 406
    @JMro Thanks for the picture dude. :D Will get to it.
    Real gamers play Fighting games. Fuck all the haters.
  • OverdoseOverdose Psych out Joined: Posts: 32
    Pick my TE2 of USF4 today. Have the problem of the plexi moving when I'm playing and the artwork getting dirty of dust. Dunno what should I do....
    edited January 2016
    Get a new plexi.
    http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/
    This has been covered countless times already.
    Get a new plexi.
    http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/
    This has been covered countless times already.

I'm from Europe, so dunno how much would traveling cost. Is easy to change the plexi and the artwork?

Thanks.
    Yes, just open the case and unscrew the bezel using the included hex screwdriver. Take out the plexi, remove the buttons, place the new artwork and the new plexi, re-place the buttons, screw the bezel back down.
    Yes, just open the case and unscrew the bezel using the included hex screwdriver. Take out the plexi, remove the buttons, place the new artwork and the new plexi, re-place the buttons, screw the bezel back down.

People told me that the hex screwdriver lasts 2 uses xDDDD I'll get an auxiliar one. Thanks.

Tek Innovation shipping is like 44$ to my country on Europe. I'm looking for an european web of stick customization.
    The hex is still fine for me, and I use it for two sticks (both the TE2 and the TE Round 1). Luck of the draw, I guess.
  • danimaldanimal West Michigan Joined: Posts: 85
    And make sure you use the quick release tabs on the wires instead of just pulling them off.
    danimal wrote: »
    And make sure you use the quick release tabs on the wires instead of just pulling them off.

You mean the USB cable of the stick?
    He's talking about the wires on the buttons.
    Sorry, I should've been more specific.
  • pablosukepablosuke Joined: Posts: 5
    edited January 2016
    Hi, I've recently bought the ps4 TE2 (the blue one) and I feel that the joystick has a bigger deadzone. I have to move the joystick further untill I hear the click. My previous stick was the TE, the first one mad catz released.
    Does anybody know if the joysticks are the same model?
    They're the same Sanwa JLF.
  • NeoHeirNeoHeir The Inheritor of the Net Joined: Posts: 21
    pablosuke wrote: »
    Hi, I've recently bought the ps4 TE2 (the blue one) and I feel that the joystick has a bigger deadzone. I have to move the joystick further untill I hear the click. My previous stick was the TE, the first one mad catz released.
    Does anybody know if the joysticks are the same model?

while it is the same sanwa jlf, if you want a smaller deadzone just order an oversize actuator
    PSN,XBL & Steam: NeoHeir
    It works perfectly now. Thank you
  • Karr80Karr80 Joined: Posts: 97
    Is there a good carrier for this stick?
    "It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent."
  • x_tremerx_tremer steam: inphinite Joined: Posts: 452
    just got mine in the mail. First problem I had was that the home button was glued on slanted.. lol. I can deal with that.

I'm also getting issues with creaking and plexi moving while playing. Some electric tape around the edges solved the creaking mostly, however I'm most likely going to replace the plexi with the tek-innovations one.

Overall I love the stick design, but it just doesn't feel as sturdy as the older TEs, i can deal with it however.
  • ThePunisher1ThePunisher1 Joined: Posts: 94
    edited February 2016
    Anyone know when the SFV range of products is going to ship? Hopefully before the game is released. @MarkMan
    As Soon As You're Born You Start Dying..
    So You Might As Well Have A Good Time.

Xbox Live: ThePunisher1
    PSN: MontanaPunisher
    SFV: 406Punisher
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 384
    @MarkMan
    Are there any plans for a Guilty Gear themed TE2+ stick to celebrate the release of Revelator?
    I've just finished modding mine
    4g54i0.jpg
  • RUMBLE82RUMBLE82 The Proctor Joined: Posts: 641
    edited February 2016
    Just bought this from loljoe.. loving it and gonna leave it be. Madcatz has outdone them selves though. :)

20160131_123554_zpsgquad2zo.jpg
  • SaunicSaunic Joined: Posts: 65
    Hi there,

As many people complained, I really hate that gap between the plexi and the bezel. And according to Tek-Innovation, they do not provide anything satisfactory to fix it.

Any suggestions ?

From what I've seen, the Chun-li TE2 has a thick sticker on top which makes the TE2 heavier and creates less gap between the bezel and the plexi (IIRC, there is almost no gap).

To me, it is the main drawback of the stick with the lack of touchpad support.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,855
    Mad Catz SFV Arcade FightStick TE 2 Chun-Li (PS3/PS4) $183.99 via Newegg w/ Code: EMCEGEK32
    https://t.co/0wCmLIuYKD
  • CryptlordCryptlord Too Fat Too Furious Joined: Posts: 481
    Does anyone if the plexi sits flush with the bezel on the new TE2+?
    Av by PsychoSquall
  • kogyarukogyaru Joined: Posts: 54
    madcatz has been sold out for their wire harness replacement for MONTHS

i can never get it on stock and madcatz never gives me one when my fightstick came with a defect harness which requires me to "tape" things up.

this is really difficult

is there anyway I can make my own or buying something similar that will work with the TE2?

http://store.madcatz.com/categories/accessories-category/Mad-Catz-Arcade-FightStick-Tournament-Edition-2-Button-Wire-Harness.html

ALWAYS SOLD OUT ughhhh
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,574
    kogyaru wrote: »
    madcatz has been sold out for their wire harness replacement for MONTHS

i can never get it on stock and madcatz never gives me one when my fightstick came with a defect harness which requires me to "tape" things up.

this is really difficult

is there anyway I can make my own or buying something similar that will work with the TE2?

http://store.madcatz.com/categories/accessories-category/Mad-Catz-Arcade-FightStick-Tournament-Edition-2-Button-Wire-Harness.html

ALWAYS SOLD OUT ughhhh

Solder to the PCB.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • DJ DivineDJ Divine Cream Puff King of Wu-Kang Clan Joined: Posts: 991
    @kogyaru i have a wiring harness on sale, as well as LED PCB. let me know.

i dropped in on this thread from asking the questions on the brook universal board thread, it's a bit more TE2-related: can anyone help me with how the TE2 P1~P4 LEDs and power LED (madcatz logo) should be wired to a different pcb? also what type of LEDs are they? what are suitable replacements, etc.?
    not "devine"
  • Ben DamonBen Damon Model pants anyone? Joined: Posts: 599
    I have a TE2 for xbox 360 that I am gutting and using an old ChimpSMD v3.1 in(don't ask why lol) all is well so far but the "guide button" is presenting a problem. The old fightstick the chimp was previously in had a different setup for the guide or home button or whatever. The black harness coming from the upper front area has a 12 pin harness and from what I've gathered:
    pin 1 is ground
    pin 2 is the top left led for the guide button
    pin 3 is top right
    pin 4 is bottom left
    pin 5 is bottom right
    pin 6 is the guide button itself

If I'm wrong let me know. What I'm worried about is, where is the power coming from and what are the other 6 pins? Is the first pin VCC and the other six individual grounds? I don't want to cut into this thing until I know what I'm dealing with.

Side note, whats with all the wasted space on the right of this pcb?
    "Its not in my nature to be mysterious, but I can't tell you what, and I can't tell you why."
  • DrgnSlyrDrgnSlyr Joined: Posts: 18
    Hi,

My PS3/PS4 USF4 TE2 stick keeps disconnecting when playing SFV?

is this the 8 min timeout issue? & why is it happening with an official stick?
    DrgnSlyr wrote: »
    Hi,

My PS3/PS4 USF4 TE2 stick keeps disconnecting when playing SFV?

is this the 8 min timeout issue? & why is it happening with an official stick?

What the mode switch is set to, 3 or 4?
  • DrgnSlyrDrgnSlyr Joined: Posts: 18
    it is set to 4 of course, on 3 it doesn't work completely
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    My te2 cord broke and madcatz doesnt sell them. FUCK!
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
    edited February 2016
    It's not ideal, but Amazon is selling the old "procontrollers" for $20. (Same detachable cable.)

And depending on how your original broke, it might be fixable, though it won't look as nice.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ITLK9CG/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1456165834&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=mlg+pro+cable&dpPl=1&dpID=413Tm1UFboL&ref=plSrch
  • constellationconstellation Joined: Posts: 126
    Cryptlord wrote: »

My TE2+ came in today, and yup it sits flush with the bezel. I'm not really sure how they did it. It's either they made the bezel thicker, and the plexi is not a full-size plexi. Or the plexi is thicker in the middle but thinner on the border to sit under the bezel. Whatever it is, it is a lot better than the thin plexi on the TE2.

Either way, does anyone know if someone sells this exact same plexi anywhere? I want to put in on my original TE2. I really want the original TE2 plexi to sit flush, and I've pretty much stopped using it because of it being uncomfortable.

My TE2+ came in today, and yup it sits flush with the bezel. I'm not really sure how they did it. It's either they made the bezel thicker, and the plexi is not a full-size plexi. Or the plexi is thicker in the middle but thinner on the border to sit under the bezel. Whatever it is, it is a lot better than the thin plexi on the TE2.

Either way, does anyone know if someone sells this exact same plexi anywhere? I want to put in on my original TE2. I really want the original TE2 plexi to sit flush, and I've pretty much stopped using it because of it being uncomfortable.

Art Hobbies sells made to order plexies.
    Art's TE2 plexi doesn't sit flush with the bezel
  • JMroJMro Joined: Posts: 279

How much bigger is the TE2+ due to the touchpad at the top? Any other changes between the two?
  • constellationconstellation Joined: Posts: 126
    edited February 2016
    JMro wrote: »

How much bigger is the TE2+ due to the touchpad at the top? Any other changes between the two?

The dimensions are almost exactly the same. The TE2+ has the touchpad panel sticking out about maybe an inch in the middle of the entire stick, but the rest of the dimensions are the same. If you take a look at pictures of both, it's easy to see what I mean. As far as other differences, it feels a little more solid when you're playing on it. This is most likely due to the thicker plexi, unless they put a thicker metal plate underneath as well. The TE2 is more hollow feeling when you're playing on it by comparison. Then there's the touchpad and extra buttons. The cable slots in easier to the socket as well, but that's a really minor difference. Other than that, it's identical.

And yeah, Art's plexi doesn't sit flush with the bezel. The Mad Catz online store has a plexi in their inventory, but doesn't really say if it sits flush or not and I think it's sold out. I don't really have high hopes that they'll continue to produce spare stick parts now that MarkMan is out of the company anyway. We'll see though.
  • RhombustibleRhombustible sernic berm Joined: Posts: 139
    hecz wrote: »
    My te2 cord broke and madcatz doesnt sell them. FUCK!

after waiting a while they got back to me (some months ago) but there might be spares kicking around in the warehouse. I was looking for the braided blue one they used to sell with their pro controllers from the PS3/360 gen. They were nice enough to send me one at no charge. definitely worth shooting an email to them.
    <>
  • Meech313Meech313 Thee End Joined: Posts: 85
    Ok, I have browsed through this thread and seen the issue of the te2 making a creaking noise which doesnt seem to be as big as the plexi problems. I have Te2+ and and it creaks when I apply pressure to the top panel. It only does it near the front right of above where you press the button to open it up. Is this something normal or should I be getting in contact with amazon to maybe get a replacement? I just kind of find it annoying coming from a $250 piece of equipment.
    ZbZPX.gif
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 416
    Could someone with a te2+ take some pics of the pcb?
    @Meech313 Creaking is normal, the lid's under a lot of pressure from the hinge springs. If it bugs you, you can loosen the hinges a little:
    JMro wrote: »
    The hinges are in red, you need to use a small wrench to loosen them. It is much easier if you remove the top panel by unscrewing the 6 screws in green, and then loosening the nuts.

awKxPl1.jpg

• ArmalyArmaly Joined: Posts: 25
    I heard that the Xrd TE2's side panels are translucent rather than straight black. What about the bezel?
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,855
    Bezel is solid black.