Official USFIV/GGXrd/P4U TE2 Thread

Comments

• TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,883
    @perilX The GamerFingers don't even snap in well on the Tek Innovations plexi without the clear rings? Or just the stock plexi?
  • perilXperilX Joined: Posts: 62
    Tensho wrote: »
    @perilX The GamerFingers don't even snap in well on the Tek Innovations plexi without the clear rings? Or just the stock plexi?
    Free spin in the Tek Innovations plexi. They were actually ok with the stock plexi. With rings, they wont snap in with TI plexi.
  • kpxchokpxcho Joined: Posts: 261
    perilX wrote: »
    I finished my TE2 up today.

I picked up on a few things while working on it. Not sure if this stuff has been covered.

1. The lid was kinda bowed when I got it, meaning it never closed completely flush. I have read a couple other people have this problem. What I found is that the hinges are too strong, so when you close the lid, the hinges will still be applying pressure to the back of the panel, thus lifting it up. I loosened the hinges a bit and now it closes flush. If you do this, however, it wont be able to stay open unless you open it all the way. It will just fall shut. I think the tradeoff is worth it.
    2. You can pretty much solder directly to the board to add your existing inputs to another PCB if you have a PS3/PS4 version (common ground). I added an MKX pad to my PS3/PS4 stick relatively easily this way. You just need to connect the usb signal wires to a switch. I only switched the green (+) and it's working perfectly.
    3. If you want to use GamerFingers, be aware they don't fit super well. If you take out the clear button rings, they will free spin in the holes. If you put in the rings, they wont snap in properly. They are just held in by tension at that point. Something to be aware of. :(
    4. The side panels do not like heat or dye. I tried to dye them. I ruined them. Had to buy new ones. It worked out, though lol.
    5. The plexi is shit. Replace it with a custom one.

Here's my stick, for good measure.

Black Tek Innovations Plexi
    PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC Support via MKX pad
    Smoke GamerFinger Buttons
    Black Sanwa 24mm Start/Select Buttons
    Smoke Side Panels

The only visible wires after the mod are next to where the PCB is at the top left. I just cut up some abs sheets I had and formed a sort of box around the PCB. The switches to the bottom left control system select (PS-Xbox / 360-XB1). The home button works as a guide button, too.

Do you by any chance have a picture of the dual modded one? im also looking to do the ps3/4 + mkx pad dual mod but i dont see your mkx pad in there. Also you said you soldered the mkx pad inputs directly into the ps3/ps4 board, did you put it under the ribbon cable or where?

kpxcho wrote: »
    Do you by any chance have a picture of the dual modded one? im also looking to do the ps3/4 + mkx pad dual mod but i dont see your mkx pad in there. Also you said you soldered the mkx pad inputs directly into the ps3/ps4 board, did you put it under the ribbon cable or where?

That is the modded one lol. See the wires to the left of the PCB housing? The MKX pad is at the bottom right under that rectangle of ABS plastic. The switches are at the bottom left.

And yeah, soldered under the board.
    edited July 2015
    ohh wtffff thats so cleannnnnnn. looks great, but doesnt help me as a modder! lol. Ah so the switches are at the bottom, should be easy then huh.
    edited July 2015
    kpxcho wrote: »
    ohh wtffff thats so cleannnnnnn. looks great, but doesnt help me as a modder! lol. Ah so the switches are at the bottom, should be easy then huh.
    I really quickly drew the wires for you. The end points of the data wires are marked. With enough tinkering, it will work. Just make sure you have a working MKX pad. I started this mod with a broken one (not knowing it was broken) and damn near pulled out my hair.

coxQWS.jpg
    edited July 2015
    ohh i see you used a DPDT switch and a switch for the mkx pad huh. yeah im gonna be using an imp v2, thanks A LOT man, its already a big help
  • DirrtyPopDirrtyPop Joined: Posts: 207
    edited July 2015
    i really like the chun TE2
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,036 mod
    It looks alright, not a fan of the white plexi bezel though. A little too much white for my tastes.
  • deejaycribdeejaycrib Joined: Posts: 72
    someone have or make this template for me? please :smile:
    [img][/img]mini_150711013235623724.jpg
    thanks in advance

• CryptlordCryptlord Too Fat Too Furious Joined: Posts: 482
    Did anyone get their rivals TE2 yet? I want to know if it's actually limited with a number on the back like the original ps3 SDCC stick.
    Av by PsychoSquall
  • ENIGMAmocciaENIGMAmoccia Joined: Posts: 14
    I ordered the Red replacement side panels two weeks ago. They sent me an email yesterday saying they cancelled my order. THANKS MADCATZ........I only waited months for them to become available. Guess I have to try and paint them myself now. I swapped buttons/ball top and inserted a Ken SFV template I made. Everything is red/orange with the dreaded blue sides looking awful.

Has anyone painted there side panels? suggestions as to what kind of paint to use?
  • shaunLEGENDshaunLEGEND SF2:CE 4EVER! Joined: Posts: 75
    Cryptlord wrote: »
    Did anyone get their rivals TE2 yet? I want to know if it's actually limited with a number on the back like the original ps3 SDCC stick.

No limited numbering or anything, just the plain sticker with a serial number
  • IanoIano Joined: Posts: 51

It is not. There's no mention of limited, etc. anywhere on the stick.
  • CryptlordCryptlord Too Fat Too Furious Joined: Posts: 482
    edited July 2015

No limited numbering or anything, just the plain sticker with a serial number

That's weird since I saw this on markman's page. So I guess that's just how many they had at SDCC or wherever this was? Wonder how many they actually made.

11698556_10153121898833883_7847296008439821165_n.jpg?oh=96174e62fb38f6c4452a17935122204d&oe=56213DA7
    Av by PsychoSquall
  • kogyarukogyaru Joined: Posts: 54
    got my rivals te2

the orange theme is meh

what should i paint the bezel with? I'd like to make it black but not sure which type of paint to use.
  • Riot55Riot55 King Scrub Joined: Posts: 859
    Pretty sure I read a tweet that madcatz will have panels/bezel replacements in stock later this month if you don't want to paint. Hopefully anyways... I just finally ordered one hoping that smoke panels will come back in stock to make mine all black.
    MVCI: Gamora/Hawkeye - Add Taskmaster into this game, Capcom plz
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
  • salrynuestrosalrynuestro Joined: Posts: 4
    The Plexi on my TE2 is a little loose. Anybody have a solution to this or?
  • benjiedudebenjiedude Joined: Posts: 699
    edited July 2015
    I bought 2 VLX's and my brother bought 2 Rival TE2's. I saw his TE2's for the first time last night and played some USFIV on them. It was my first time using a TE2 stick. I gotta say, I made the right decision in buying VLX's. The TE2 design just isn't as good as the original TE when it comes to gameplay and feel. Those damn plexis slide during matches and it effected my gameplay. Not happy with the start and select button placement either. I do love the easy access to the guts but overall I was dissapointed and so was my bro. Hori VLX has my vote this gen as best stick.
    Post edited by benjiedude on
    The Plexi on my TE2 is a little loose. Anybody have a solution to this or?

Send an email to Mad Catz and hope they respond to send you another plexi with a better fit, or buy a better plexi from tek-innovations.

• BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,609
    perilX wrote: »
    Tensho wrote: »
    Free spin in the Tek Innovations plexi. They were actually ok with the stock plexi. With rings, they wont snap in with TI plexi.

How loose are the buttons? Are they super easy to spin or do I have to actually try to spin them?
    I figured the GamerFingers would be tighter in the Tek Innovation plexi than Sanwa/Seimitsu snap-in's that people seem to use without a problem and no button spacers.
    Wish they used normal 30mm holes on the metal panel on this stick, don't see the need to make it so wide just to remove a button a bit easier.
  • JMroJMro Joined: Posts: 279
    Anyone know if the new TE2s are less flexy/creaky then the old ones. I used a SFV TE2 at evo and it felt more solid than my Xrd TE2
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,263
    JMro wrote: »
    Anyone know if the new TE2s are less flexy/creaky then the old ones. I used a SFV TE2 at evo and it felt more solid than my Xrd TE2
    I would imagine Mad Catz slowly tweak the designs with each release. It was pretty much the same way with the Mad Catz TE and TE-S. I know the TE-S has extra screw posts and screws for stability compared to earlier TE sticks.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    i noticed that my rivals TE2 with stock plexi felt more comfortable than my original TE2 USF4
    kogyaru wrote: »
    i noticed that my rivals TE2 with stock plexi felt more comfortable than my original TE2 USF4
    Such is the price of being a early adopter.
  • Riot55Riot55 King Scrub Joined: Posts: 859
    edited July 2015
    Quick question about modding a TE2 with a replacement plexi from Tek Innovations. I ordered a bunch of replacement buttons/balltop from Focus Attack. I'm reading here (http://tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/index.cfm?loc=about&sub=te2) that the buttons go on differently than the default way MadCatz does it (under not over)... can I use the normal 30mm Sanwa buttons or did I need to get the screw-in types? Hopefully I'll be okay.

I got the un-branded blue and black TE2 for reference if that matters at all. Anything special I need to know about before modding (never done it)
    MVCI: Gamora/Hawkeye - Add Taskmaster into this game, Capcom plz
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    Sanwa snap-in's will work fine with the Tek-innovation plexi but screw-ins will be better.
    Wonder if there's some way to add something around each hole on the metal panel to make buttons more stable seeing how they are larger than 30mm holes, no clue why they did that when only the plexi needed to be larger to remove it with the button still in.
  • OGHowieOGHowie Joined: Posts: 296
    kogyaru wrote: »

Do you mean it's a better cut and doesn't move slightly anymore?
    Maybe they went back to the first thicker TE2 plexi they were using and seem to send out if you complain about the plexi shifting.
  • STKSTK In...infinite Imagination! Joined: Posts: 323
    is the stick deep enough to hold an actually fanta stick? not the MCZ verson but like what ettoki sells?
    Knowledge Is My Power! My Power Is Knowledge

idgi they just said there was gonna be limited stock of the stick and now they are selling even more?

nice bs madcatz
  • ScotchScotch Joined: Posts: 113
    The Rivals stick has been up for preorder before/while evo from what I have seen
    edited July 2015
    Scotch wrote: »
    The Rivals stick has been up for preorder before/while evo from what I have seen

yeah and the email notification never was sent checked all 4 of my emails that i registered

oh well looks like i wont be buying the chun li stick ( after taking a closer look it doesnt look so bad) since that probably wont be rare
  • exleyexley Joined: Posts: 12
    edited July 2015
    Did they ever mention how many of the rivals sticks were being made?
  • STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 495
    exley wrote: »
    Did they ever mention how many of the rivals sticks were being made?

Don't think so. They said it was supposed to be "extremely limited" but it doesn't seem that way. You can order from amazon right now. I think anyone who wants one of these will be able to get one. Its not like the original comic con te.
    Did they stop numbering sticks?
  • STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 495
    Darksakul wrote: »

I think so. For a stick thats supposed to be "extremely limited" and not numbered makes me believe that they stopped. Maybe they will start numbering the actual limited edition sticks later on. Not sure what their plans are regarding these TE2 " Limited Editions"
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    STEZO_ONE wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »

I think so. For a stick thats supposed to be "extremely limited" and not numbered makes me believe that they stopped. Maybe they will start numbering the actual limited edition sticks later on. Not sure what their plans are regarding these TE2 " Limited Editions"

Re Re Re Confirming that the Rivals TE2 sold at the Capcom booth at SDCC2015 were only serial numbered like regular TE2's, no collectors/limited edition numbering anywhere on the stick or in the box.

FYI I got mine Thursday morning when the exhibit hall first opened.

But you could already buy the sticks on Wednesday (Preview Night), but I doubt the ones sold then were numbered... can someone confirm that.
    #MAS_Preservation_Society